Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

misplaced [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4940

misplaced [c] Empty
PostSubject: misplaced [c]   misplaced [c] EmptyFri 11 Aug 2023 - 8:46

Murkyripple
“Even the darkness has betrayed me.”

Somehow, she had found herself wandering back towards home. The river had embraced her, comforted her, even partially fed her. At least, she assumed as much. The fuzz of her memory was certainly one issue, but it was one that she found herself... oddly comforted by. Not knowing just how she had gotten into the state she currently was had been a bit of a blessing, as the thinning of her already-slim frame had her looking even more hallowed than she had upon leaving Fourtrees. Just how long it had been since she had last stepped her paws into the territory she had pled allegiance to was lost on her (though it could be presumed it had been just over a moon). None of that seemed to matter as she just... moved.

A wanderer. As she always had been, though no purpose now filled her paws.

The tom at the river had managed to unknowingly piece together just enough of the molly to save her from being lost to the depths of being entirely shattered, to allow her just the smallest fragment of self. Permanently indebted to that singular act, the long-haired tortoiseshell hardly had an idea as to how she could even consider repaying that act. Perhaps just the proof of her continued existence would provide enough gratification until a similar life-saving act could be performed. The alliance was a deep-rooted memory, whispering against her mind for just a moment before being lost into the void of nothingness that had otherwise settled.

She didn't know who she was wandering for. The one she had wanted to find... she didn't know if he would even be there. Did he worry? Would he be happy to see her? Undoubtedly, he would be mad at her disappearance. Whatever energy remained from keeping herself moving was now placed in bracing for the angry tongue that would no doubt scorn her for not telling someone about where she had gone, for not coming home sooner. For daring to cause some sort of negative emotion in her family when she had otherwise been such a perfect figure. Perhaps the first time in her life, the night sentry felt herself eclipsed, nervous of the unknown she was facing.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1478

misplaced [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: misplaced [c]   misplaced [c] EmptyFri 11 Aug 2023 - 19:03

Thrush
nose
"You're on your own, kid. You've always had been."
"You come away with a great little story of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you."
Over a moon since his sister had last been seen home. A moon and more filled with worry and concern, the thoughts eating away at his mind with 'what ifs and 'maybe's' of where she was and if she was still alright. Guilt weighed down his steps as Thrushnose's head hung low, padding along the familiar paths of well-stepped crooks and turns leading out to the woods of Thunderclan territory. He wished he'd known of her whereabouts; or, if not, at the very least, he wished he could've known if she was still okay. Alive. The thought of something happening to his sister caused his stomach to turn and twist uncomfortably. If StarClan was here and true, he'd sent out a silent prayer for her to come home, safe and sound. Please.

And then, a miracle happened.

His nose caught the whiff of scent exuding from another presence inside the forest, fur bristling up in alarm. His claws and teeth were at the ready, his lesson already learned from the last time he let his guard down—but the wanderer he'd been expecting wasn't a predator, nor a stranger. It was her, Murkyripple. His sister.

The realization hit him like a crashing wave of thunderstorms jolting down to rattle the grounds, dawning down upon the young warrior who was too engulfed in his own thoughts to have realized it was her who he had been looking for. "Murkyripple?" His lips quivered, calling out tentatively as if he feared he'd mistaken her scent for another. He sniffed the air again, but the scent remained clear; only perhaps, a bit more muddled up with bits of other, unfamiliar traces left behind. But that didn't matter. Not now, and not yet—at least to him. He had to find his sister first.

His paws encouraged him and led him to the sight of Murkyripple, her body thinned and frail with lack of care. It shattered his heart to see her in such a state, knowing that he wasn't there for her when he wished he could've been. Pain, overwhelming pain, and relief mixed with concern washed over him as he ran up to the sight of the she-cat, wanting to cry so hard he'd nearly tackled her to the ground—but he held himself back, knowing she could've gotten injured in such the contrasts of their health. "Murkyripple," He whispered in her ear, his voice hushed and so quiet it would've barely been audible as a sweet murmur. Burying his face into the crook of her neck out of concern, he spoke again. "Where have you been?"
ft. Taylor Swift In
— Cold As You
misplaced

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

misplaced [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: misplaced [c]   misplaced [c] EmptyMon 14 Aug 2023 - 18:59

Murkyripple

In his careful attempt not to knock her over, it almost was as if the opposite effect was achieved. The miniscule tufts of fur that separated the sibling duo were closed in that moment, and the full impact of her disappearance was felt as all of her weight now pushed against him. She should have been heavier, but she wasn't. That hardly seemed to matter to the feline as she pressed herself closer, her nose burying itself into the soft whisps of his fur as if in some way he would be able to hold all of her together. As if his very presence would be enough to fix the entirety of her shattered soul, because this was her brother. The one who had always gotten her. The one who had always answered her troubles, had always been there for her.

But that wasn't his job. It was much too heavy of a burden to place upon a sibling, and she realized that.

Still... it didn't stop her from continuing to let him in. Just as he asked that question, every part of her seemed to break all over again. Her legs, that had been wandering for what felt like ages, finally gave way. They could no longer support the night-attuned tortoiseshell, giving out as she fell to her paws. Her mind hadn't even truly registered just where she was, nor what he had said, but her heart had.

She wept.

She wept, and wept, and wept.

It felt impossible for there still to be more tears in her. Even moreso given the lack of evidence of any physical harm, aside from the malnourishment she had tainted herself with. "I..." Her voice came out as little more than a choked splinter, and whatever she had wanted to say once more failed to come to the surface. Thrushnose had always been so easy to talk to, so why couldn't she speak now? What was wrong with her? She needed to tell him she was okay. But... that would have been a lie. She was far, far from okay. That much was obvious in the way her entire body shook, the vehement emotion that had once never been even close to showing now on full display. It was far from normal for the calico-pelted molly to show this much emotion, but she couldn't hold it back. Not anymore.

"They... killed him... My friend..." Somehow, she got the words out. Broken phrases, split by sobs that had her tainting her brother's pelt with enough tears he may as well have plunged into the river as she had done upon finding out. She wanted nothing more than to curl at his side, to allow her brother to protect her for once. She was always protecting her siblings, and family. Always, always protecting. The eternal night sentry, never relieved of her duty. Yet for once, she wanted nothing else than to let someone else take over for some time. To hide as she hid her face, as she grieved for her lost friend. As she desperately clung to the last bond that she truly savored.

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

misplaced [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: misplaced [c]   misplaced [c] EmptyTue 15 Aug 2023 - 8:31

Thrush
nose
"You come away with a great little story of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you."
The way Murkyripple wept onto his fur made Thrushnose's heart weigh with sorrow, a wave of sympathy washing over his feelings despite not knowing her friend personally. He couldn't imagine what it was like losing a close friend, much less having them murdered. The thought sent a chill down his spine. It was unnerving to imagine, to say the very least. "What? Who's your friend? Who—who killed them?" He whispered and frowned, though quickly halted between his words, deciding her current state wouldn't be the best to ask questions. "Actually, never mind—we can talk about it when you're feeling better. For now, let's just focus on you."

He ducked after her the instant she collapsed to her paws, tail curling up around her back to gently soothe his sister's cries. Her cries added to his grief, murmuring sweet words of comfort between gentle reassurances. Mottlestar, Firefly, and him—he was sure everyone would be worried sick. Especially him. At least, the bond that was forged between them as brother and sister was something irreplaceable; a bond he'd be sure to last for as long as they stuck together throughout their warriorhood, and as siblings as a whole. For now, she could weep and sob her heart out to him all that she wanted; Thrushnose wanted to be the pillar for her, for once. Eventually, she'd be taken back to camp and welcomed back to the clan and checked up by Fawnshine or Echosong—but for now, she'd remain here, safely cuddled up in his arms.
ft. Taylor Swift In
— Cold As You
misplaced

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

misplaced [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: misplaced [c]   misplaced [c] EmptySun 20 Aug 2023 - 8:59

Murkyripple

Even as he asked for his name, she couldn't get it out. Couldn't say it amidst her tears and defeat, because that meant accepting his death as a finale. She was far from ready from accepting that, every piece of her still struggling to come together. It felt more than impossible. What had once been a smooth ink of her shadow-tuned self had splintered into razer sharp edges that clashed with one another, questions of her entire being coming into play that took more of her sanity than she could ever articulate. But here, letting herself exist in the sanctuary of her brother's existence? She could attempt to at lease piece together some of it. Even if it was only one little fragment, it was better than none.

Murkyripple couldn't state her thanks that he dismissed his own questions. Once her heart had poured itself free of her grief, perhaps she could answer. For the time being, her breaths hiccupped between her sobs and mournful cries, the agony of her emotions as she finally had come out of that stilled void slamming into her. "I... I couldn't find you... I went... The river..." She tried her hardest to explain, forced her voice to work through her sobs to tell him where she'd been. It explained why her frame had a bit too strong of a shiver to it, one that didn't just come from the fact she was now weeping. "Lost... I got lost..." Her voice was small, but she explained. In her wandering state of being so detached, it was impossible for her to trek a way home.

But she'd made it. Time passed as she allowed herself to stay in the safety of her brother. The blood-bond that had never been forsaken, or broken. The one thing that she had in this world despite it all. She still hurt at the fact that he hadn't been there when she first needed him, but it had been the gathering. She had been the one to run from him, from the comfort she knew was here. But how could she possibly explain that? Murkyripple couldn't.

When enough tears had now soaked her brother's patterned fur, and she could only take ragged breaths, the warrior finally lifted her head to look at her brother's gaze. "...I don't feel like I'm home, Thrushie..." She admitted. How else could she articulate the way she felt? It was... the best that she got. "You are... but... I don't know if Thunderclan is... anymore..." Sniffling, her ears pinned back. Never had any other cat got to see her look so weak, so vulnerable, so utterly defeated. She didn't know what to do. Did she expect her brother to? No, but somehow... even just saying it helped bring one part of herself back together.

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

misplaced [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: misplaced [c]   misplaced [c] EmptyMon 28 Aug 2023 - 6:07

Thrush
nose
Thrushnose could only gulp, his gaze heavy with a deep sense of both empathy and sympathy, feeling almost betrayed by her words. Murkyripple's revelation that Thunderclan, their home, did not in fact feel like home to her, broke his heart. The thought didn't even occur to him that she'd run away out of a desire to be away from their clan; it seemed unthinkable. But she'd gone away for a reason—she'd run to the river, lonely, grieving, and afraid. And it shattered him, knowing that she hadn't gone to him instead, as selfish as it may have seemed. Such an ending of torment from the unwanted fate in her friend's death had led her to so, a conclusion that had slipped from his paws since he hadn't even noticed. They all carried their own burdens; he couldn't carry that for her, as much as he wanted to.

He didn't care for the tears that had soaked his patterned pelt, nor did he judge her for the ragged mess of tears and sobs that his sister was when she stumbled into his sudden embrace and cried her heart out to him. She could do that, as much as she wanted, and he wouldn't mind. He just wanted—needed her to go back home.

But he couldn't, if that's what she didn't want.

At least, if Thunderclan was no longer home to her, then he still was. That fact kept his heart warm. "You are home to me, Murky. Always," He whispered, pressing his forehead against her own with closed eyes. His ears pinned back, a shaky breath escaping from his maw that exhaled onto the tear-stained face of his sister. "But if Thunderclan no longer seems like home to you, I... I won't judge." He forced an understanding smile, holding back the hurt that threatened to spill from his heart for now. He didn't want to make her have to cry again.

"No matter if you choose to tell Mottlestar, or Firefly, or Rosepaw—or none at all, and it's just me; I'll support you," He whispered weakly. "I understand that this is a hard time for you. For me, it is, too. Even if you decide to join in on another clan, I promise you'll never be forgotten." Thrushnose sighed, blinking back the tears as he nuzzled into her neck again. "I love you, Murky. You'll always be my sister, Thunderclan or not. And if others don't support that, then at least know that I do."
ft. Taylor Swift In
— Cold As You
misplaced

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

misplaced [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: misplaced [c]   misplaced [c] Empty