Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sisterly Care [lapis]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

Sisterly Care [lapis] Empty
PostSubject: Sisterly Care [lapis]   Sisterly Care [lapis] EmptyFri Aug 11, 2023 7:04 am

Fawn
shine
And did the twin flame bruise paint you blue?
"So you were never a saint and I've loved in shades of wrong. We learn to live with the pain, mosaic broken hearts."
Fawnshine had been replacing the herbs in her den, putting away those which were old, and replacing them with newer, fresher herbs in the stone cracks. There always needed to be herbs there and ready in case of any emergencies, and stashing them up helped her in the rare case of so. Today, however, was (fortunately) not an alarming occasion—even if she had noticed something out of the ordinary.

Just a few minutes prior, she'd called for Comfreyheart to enter her den for a check-up. It's been a while since she last did one for her sister, but given the duties she had to handle, it was reasonable enough. Not that she ever disliked the company of the she-cat; she was always welcomed in her den, whether that be for injuries or simply bonding moments. Today was, perhaps, a mix of them both.

She had noticed the symptoms of a possible illness, if not then more... questionable signs pointing towards possible pregnancy upon observing her for the past moon. Given how Comfreyheart's belly was starting to swell, she thought she'd insist on a brief inspection at the very least, suspicion gradually rising. Watching as her sister slipped into the medicine den, her head perked in attention. "Hey, Comfrey," Fawnshine greeted her with a small smile, gesturing for the she-cat to lie down on the moss bed nearby. "How have you been? Anything odd lately?"
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace
a sisterly visit

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1412

PostSubject: Re: Sisterly Care [lapis]   Sisterly Care [lapis] EmptySun Sep 24, 2023 2:30 am

Comfreyheart

She wasn’t usually one to visit the medicine den for anything that wasn’t life-threatening. But these recent bothers and aches had interrupted her ability to work, and that could not be tolerated. The warrior stopped just before her sister’s den to attempt to stretch her back. Her rough, warm, black paw pads flexed out as her tail curled in. She quietly moaned in pain. The stretch did not manage to help soothe her aching spine. I guess I’m aging, she explained while purposefully ignoring the other possibilities. That maybe it was harder to stand with one less leg. Or that she should rest her body more often. Or… extra weight.

Comfreyheart moved past her thoughts and through the soft ferns of the medicine den entrance. Although her paws disagreed with its hot stone floor, she was promptly pleased to see her sister’s soothing green and blue eyes. “Hey, Fawn,” she lovingly mewed in return. Sometimes Comfreyheart felt as though she underappreciated the dedicated molly, despite all she did for her and Thunderclan. She looked forward to finishing this check-up and reconnecting with her dearly trusted friend. The onyx warrior obeyed her medicine cat’s guiding gesture, relieving her legs on the soft moss bed. “I’ve been good,” she instinctively meowed at first. “Well, except for a few things. I guess I’m just not as young as I used to be. Maybe I’ll be joining Dayquill in the elder’s den sooner than I thought.” This was of course a joke. In Comfreyheart’s mind, she would never retire. Ever.

She answered the next question slowly. “I’ve noticed that sometimes I get weirdly cold. Well, weird for this greenleaf heat. It’s not really a bother. It’s just, as you said, odd.” The molly gave a light, awkward chuckle. She always found it uncomfortable doing these things. But as she learned over the years, these kinds of details mattered.

Her tone and expression grew more concerned as she thought of her next complaint. Nervously, she offered, “And, while I’m out hunting, I sometimes end up vomiting up my last meal. There isn’t really a pattern to it, just sort of randomly.” It was one of the more embarrassing sides to whatever was wrong with her. She was thankful she’d never made a mess in camp, or worse, in the warrior’s den. Those were the benefits of morning walks on her own. Unfortunately, she hadn’t gotten to go on those as often anymore. She’d grown so tired, and… weak, as much as she hated to consider it true.

“Oh,” she said, remembering the last thing, “And I found a nasty cut on my leg- the numb one.” Comfreyheart leaned over to reach her mangled back leg and check on its progressively worsening wound. It wasn’t painful, but then again, she didn’t feel much pain in that leg anymore. What could she have caught it on? Just a scratch, she’d first thought, not seeing how deep it was. But at least her fur hid it nicely. Otherwise, someone might suspect something to be the matter with her health. But Fawnshine always knew. And Comfreyheart was smarter than to hide a red, swelling, clearly infected wound from her. But… there were other things, complicated things, that were too delicate to bring up as casually. Nonetheless, the warrior trusted her medic to know what to do with the provided symptoms.

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Sisterly Care [lapis]   Sisterly Care [lapis] EmptyWed Sep 27, 2023 8:26 am

Fawn
shine
"So you were never a saint and I've loved in shades of wrong. We learn to live with the pain, mosaic broken hearts."
Fawnshine narrowed her eyes at the molly's joke, seeming not entirely pleased with the possible suggestion that Comfreyheart would retire anytime soon; even if it was jokingly. She still felt not as experienced despite many moons of work. It didn't occur to her that someone like her sister would say something like that—even now, they had many moons to continue their duties as warriors and medicine cats.

"Well, it's a good thing you paid me a visit before you decided to retire as an elder, then," She mused sarcastically, to which she quickly interjected in her own speech, "—Please don't actually. The clan still needs you as a warrior." Her tail flicked behind herself in focus as the she-cat explained her symptoms. Vomitting, weird chills, and random patterns. Fawnshine frowned, brows furrowed subtly in thought. As far as she was concerned, those symptoms were anything but normal. “...And I found a nasty cut on my leg- the numb one—”

Oh. That was probably it, then. An infected cut.

"You should've shown me that sooner," The medicine cat rose to turn around, keen eyes spotting the needed herbs upon the cracks of the stone cave and carefully nipped it out from where it was held. "Your cut has probably worsened into an infection, thus leading to random chills and possible vomiting," The molly explained. She spun back around to face Comfreyheart, gently nudging her to let down her leg and allow Fawnshine to do the duty she had been well-trained for. Nimble paws pulled the herbs out and guided them to her maw, where she quickly chewed up a poultice and gingerly applied the paste over the desperately swelling wound.

"...Though, other than that, just to make sure; have you been experiencing any other symptoms, at all?" Fawnshine tilted her head. Vomiting was one of the signs of pregnancy, and she certainly didn't fail to notice the subtle swelling of Comfreyheart's belly. "Stomachaches? Feeling more hungry and more tired often?" Surely, her sister wouldn't hide anything from her... right?
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace
Topic Name here

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Sisterly Care [lapis]   Sisterly Care [lapis] EmptyThu Oct 26, 2023 2:30 am

Comfreyheart

It was pretty obvious now that Fawnshine had declared the wound infected. Comfreyheart willfully let her sister attend to the leg, quietly purring her thanks to the skilled and caring cat. Afterward she inspected the new paste, stretching her neck to sniff it. It smelled like herbs, of course. Thankfully she couldn’t quite feel the sticky poultice on her fur or cut.

She looked up to catch Fawnshine’s questions as the medicine cat tilted her head. Comfreyheart thought it seemed as though her sister had a hunch about something—a medical theory. The warrior considered the mentioned symptoms. “I guess… I have been tired, yeah. It’s harder to work up the energy to do patrols and hunts. Could we fix that?” she ended brightly. She’d really love it if she could return to her job instead of lazing around camp.

“Stomachaches? Sure, I guess I’ve had a few. And maybe a bit more hungry. But it's not really bothering me enough.” Was there much use in bringing it up if it didn't bother her? Or if it didn’t interrupt her productivity? Nonetheless, she answered her medic honestly. But then Comfreyheart caught something in her sister’s expression, causing her to cautiously inquire, “Why do you ask?”

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Sisterly Care [lapis]   Sisterly Care [lapis] EmptySun Oct 29, 2023 12:58 am

Fawn
shine
Fawnshine nodded thoughtfully, "I could give you some burnet and chamomile, if you're feeling extra tired and find it hard to do duties—but I don't recommend you exhaust yourself out, Comfrey," She frowned, genuinely concerned. The more Comfreyheart confirmed her suspicions, the more worried she began to feel. If all of this was true, then why was she hiding all of this from her?

"I've... noticed you're putting on some weight," Fawnshine paused, trying to phrase it in a polite, yet understandable way. "Not to say that gaining weight isn't fine. In fact, I'm glad you're having more of an appetite. Although what I'm truly concerned about isn't that, perhaps—it's about kits," The she-cat allowed a brief pause, as if to make her point more clear. "I hope you know you can trust me enough to talk to me about anything. And if you're expecting, I wouldn't be upset if it was a sensitive matter for you or if you wanted to keep it hidden. I just want to understand; both as a medicine cat, and as your sister."
ft. Taylor Swift in
— State of Grace
sisterly care

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Sisterly Care [lapis]   Sisterly Care [lapis] EmptySun Nov 26, 2023 12:45 am

Comfreyheart

“I’ve… noticed you’re putting on some weight.”

Comfreyheart’s attention sharpened. Her ears perked to make sure she understood what her sister was trying to say. “… it’s about kits.” She tried not to show excitement in her expression as her golden eyes grew wide. Was it true? Was she expecting kits? Elation cleared out her fatigue. A bit of hope gleamed in her eyes. Am I going to have my own litter?

The soon-to-be mother focused back on Fawnshine as she continued speaking. Her tone was apprehensive and worried. Concerned. Comfreyheart listened with alarm and realized her sister thought perhaps she didn’t trust her with this news. “I will always trust you,” the warrior blurted out. Too many loved ones in her life had held information from her. Incredibly important information. She would never do the same to Fawnshine.

Embarrassment and guilt swept Comfreyheart's emotions. Should I have told you about this sooner? Quick to clear up any feelings of distrust, she said, “I’m sorry. I wasn’t sure and… I didn’t want to get anyone’s hopes up. Especially my own. Until anything was actually confirmed I wanted this to just be a quiet thing between me and…” She replaced that name with a question, her gaze full of hope, “Do you really think I’m pregnant?”

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice