Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Top of Our School [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

Top of Our School [C] Empty
PostSubject: Top of Our School [C]   Top of Our School [C] EmptyTue 1 Aug 2023 - 19:25

Willowpaw

Willowpaw thought, for a while, that she had not seen much of her sister Mistwalker because she had gotten so focused on her training that she was neglecting Mistwalker. However, when she became aware of that, and she tried to find ways to come across her sister more, she found that Mistwalker simply…was not around. It began to feel less like a matter of circumstance, and more that her sister was…avoiding her? It was an odd thought, and one that she didn’t like. She could not think of why her sister would be avoiding her. It left her stomach churning with worry that she had done something wrong.

Willowpaw would not stand for it.

She waited until she knew that Mistwalker had chosen a piece of prey from the fresh kill pile and found a place to sit and eat. Willowpaw then took her own piece and approached her sister and sat down in front of her. Typically, she would ask the cat that she joined if she was welcome, but she was not going to give her sister an excuse to escape from her right now.

“Hello Mist,” she greeted softly. “How have you been? How were your patrols today?”
RiverClan • Apprentice • She/Her • 20 | 60 • #6abcde
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Top of Our School [C]   Top of Our School [C] EmptyFri 11 Aug 2023 - 8:18

Mistwalker
“Are you listening?”

Subconsciously, she had learned to keep an eye on her family. It was for a myriad of reasons. As the first to earn her warrior name, she cared deeply about all of her siblings. Tinyshadow had joined her in the warriors den, so she often looked for her brother to see how he was faring. If she could join him on a patrol or not. Wrenpaw had transitioned from being on the path of a warrior to now training as a medicine cat, and so the carbon-copy of their mother found herself searching for her sister to see if she was adjusting well enough. Perchstar was an easy enough answer-it was her mother. One who was due respect and she would hate to be the one to slip up.

Then there was Willowpaw.

Willow, her sister, who should have been the first one to earn her name. In every right and reason, it felt as if she would have been the one to have deserved it most. Not the sickly apprentice who had somehow pulled out from that illness, only to charge ahead, and now was tasked with training two of her clanmates in turn.

It just didn't feel right.

That had given her a subconscious avoidance, and a nagging feeling in her belly that never wanted to go away. Guilt was truly what it was. Guilt that she had taken a prestigious title from her sister, when it wasn't hers to have taken. So as she saw the slightest glimpse of that pale silver fur, Mistwalker had began eating her meal just a bit faster. Looked around for her own apprentices as some sort of excuse to get moving early. It felt awful to consistently brush her sister off, but... they were busy. Clan life meant they both had their responsibilities to take care of, which made it easy enough for the warrior to simply tell herself it was a conversation best served for another time.

Until she couldn't wait any longer.

There was no lie as she greeted her sister with a dip of her head, a kin-bonded warmth that flickered for just a moment in her shared blue gaze. "Willow," She greeted. "Busy. Two apprentices takes up much time." She didn't like answering questions on how she was, it was much easier to speak in fact rather than emotion. Mistwalker found herself emulating their mother as she prompted her next question, stiffening just slightly at the discomfort that came from being so... caring. Not that it bothered her to care about her sister, not in the slightest. It was just not in her typical daily vocabulary to engage in such a conversation. "How have your duties with Stormdance been?"

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Top of Our School [C]   Top of Our School [C] EmptyWed 16 Aug 2023 - 13:54

Willowpaw

Willow settled down when it didn’t seem her sister was going to bolt from her. She hated that it was something she had to consider. She started to eat as Mistwalker answered her. She noted that Mistwalker didn’t really talk about how she was doing, which was a bit concerning, but Willowpaw would not push her sister.

“They have been good. Stormdance is a great mentor. I am happy with all that he is teaching me,” she replied. She looked up at her sister and watched her for a long moment. Finally, Willowpaw decided that dancing around the subject would not be good. She was a blunt cat; she would act as such.

Willowpaw sat up straighter and said, “I have noticed that we have not been spending a lot of time together. It is possible that I am just imagining it, but it feels as though you have been avoiding me. If that is the case, I would like to know why.” After a beat of pause, Willowpaw added in a softer voice, “Have I done something to offend you?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Top of Our School [C]   Top of Our School [C] EmptySun 20 Aug 2023 - 8:34

Mistwalker
“Are you listening?”

Unsurprisingly, she was training well beneath her mentor's tutelage. That was simply how her sister always was. Nigh-on the perfect apprentice, always working to hone her talents, unable to accept anything less than perfection. Had there been a set of their mother's litter to be named a worthy successor, Willowpaw worked tirelessly to achieve that worth. A nod towards her paler-furred sibling was her signal of satisfaction of the news, allowing at least some modicum of manners as she chewed at her prey.

Her jaw tensed, however, as her sister asked that question. Mistwalker's face hardened into that mask that they both would know instantly: it was the look of their mother when processing an emotion that felt like it was too strong. Or, to the warrior herself, unfamiliar. Just exactly what ugly feeling it was that crawled beneath her pelt, she couldn't quite name. Guilt, perhaps, was the closest approximation to it. But she had already felt that for this entire encounter... this was something different. Worse. Was it some feeling of wrong-doing, for giving her sister the impression that it was she who had done something wrong? Was she even brave enough to finally reveal how she felt?

Of course she was. She was the daughter of Perchstar, the first in their family to earn her warrior name. Swallowing the rest of her bite, Mistwalker's gaze failed to meet that of her sister. "You have done nothing wrong, sister." Carefully, the two-toned molly answered. Wrenpaw always had such an easier time in drawing the answers out of her, of allowing that thick mist of her mind and emotions to part to really showcase how she felt. She simply didn't have that bond with Willowpaw, and that was truthfully more of her own fault than that of her sibling. Even Tinyshadow she had an easier time being vocal with.

It would be now or never. There was no dancing around the subject, because in the skill of an expert hunter, Willowpaw had her pinned. She couldn't escape, because even just that simple tell that there was something, especially given the way she avoided her sister's gaze? She would know. Closing her eyes to release a sigh of tension, her teeth clenched for once more moment before she forced herself to look at her sister's face. "...I am afraid, Willowpaw, that I have hurt you." That was the core truth of the matter. However, that simply answered the what, not the why that had been asked of her. "I feel it was wrong for me to earn my name before you. ... That... you dislike me because I have." She braced for the reaction. Her ears tilted themselves back just slightly, waiting for the brutal honesty that would meet her. In a way, Mistwalker was thankful for it. There would be no confusion on just where Willowpaw's opinions stood. If she was frustrated about it? She would know. If she thought her sister to be an absolute idiot for thinking that would change her judgement of her sibling? Well.. she was about to find out.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Top of Our School [C]   Top of Our School [C] EmptyTue 22 Aug 2023 - 14:03

Willowpaw

Willowpaw’s ears stood on end when the truth finally tumbled from Mistwalker’s jaw. She watched her sister with steady eyes and slowly blinked when she finished. She could see the tension, and while she couldn’t quite identify the emotion swirling in those ever-clouded eyes, like a thick foggy wall was formed between them, Willowpaw could tell that her sister was feeling something quite fiercely. Taking her word, she guessed it was fear.

She nodded after a brief moment to process. “It is, admittedly, frustrating,” she meowed. “You and Tinyshadow have both earned your names and even Wrenpaw, though she does not have her full name, has gone on to become medicine cat apprentice of the clan. I feel like I’ve…fallen behind, somehow, without even noticing. That has been frustrating. I haven’t even spoken to Mother about it.” Her eyes remained pinned to her sister’s, not daring to look away, or allow Mistwalker’s gaze to wander. “However, none of that is your fault. You were deemed ready, by both your mentor and Mother, and so you earned your name. For whatever reason, I am not yet ready. That is not your fault, and I would never deem it to be yours.”

Willowpaw added, “Besides—I can imagine extremely few circumstances that would lead me to dislike you, and they are all outside the realm of possibility.” Things like committing crimes, harming their clanmates; things that she knew Mistwalker would never do. “You are my dear sister, Mistwalker. I love you overwhelmingly. Something as innocent as earning your name before me would not be grounds to make me take issue with you.”

She reached out a paw and rested it gently on top of her sister’s. “I’m proud of you for earning your name first. It shows just what a great cat you are.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699