Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Moment in Time [Thyme]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5683

A Moment in Time [Thyme] Empty
PostSubject: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptyMon Jul 17, 2023 6:00 pm

Beechfang stretched almost lazily, a yawn escaping her as she rested under the shade of one of the trees near the edge of Skyclan camp. The day was warm, and after a successful hunt Beechfang was more than happy to stay in the shade and not move. Plenty of her clanmates seemed to have a similar idea during the hottest part of the day, and the camp was quiet, peaceful. Something she could get used to.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Characters : bubblenose, thymelight, smallfawn, pantherpounce, cardinalkit
Clan/Rank : rc warrior, skc mc, skc permaqueen, wc warrior, sc kit
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 988

PostSubject: Re: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptyTue Jul 18, 2023 11:26 pm

All Hail SkyClan's Resident Disney Princess
thyme
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing.
Around the same time that Thyme had been brought to SkyClan, another cat had shown up as well. The kit wasn't quite sure of her name or what she was like, but she had seen her around camp multiple times. She wasn't quite sure how to approach the older she-cat. Thyme had mainly noticed that she seemed to be covered in scars, which she now knew were markings of pain from the past. She wasn't afraid, just curious. Seeing Littleflower, Whinchatpaw, and Wolfblossom with burns from the Gathering had startled her, but just like everything else that she saw, Thyme had thought about it some more and found the beauty in it. When wounds healed and turned into scars, they became symbols of age and experience. Cats with scars needed to be respected.

Today, Thyme found that the older warrior was sitting alone in the shade. Perhaps this was the chance that she had been waiting for to approach her, but she was still rather unsure. She didn't have a gift with her, and what better way was there to show respect than with a gift? She scanned the camp before her eyes landed on a small green leaf that seemed to be, coincidentally, in the shape of a lopsided heart. It wasn't perfect, but it would do. She scooped it up in her jaws as she padded over and then slowly placed it at Beechfang's paws before she spoke.

"Hello! This is for you. It's a bit small, but I didn't have time to find anything bigger. It's just... I've been noticing your scars a lot and I think they're very beautiful, miss." She said, her voice calm.
the dream that you wish will come true.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:04 pm

The soft patter of paws roused the relaxed tabby, one of the kits was headed her way. Not one she recognized, but that wasn't an uncommon occurrence these days. The she-kit held out a leaf, and when she spoke her tone was calmer than Beechfang would have expected. "Thank you, it's a pretty leaf." Beechfang tried to keep her tone level, to keep it from rising as if in question. She was unused to kits bringing her anything, but the leaf was cute, she had to admit.

...Beautiful? Beechfang blinked down at the kit, unsure of how to take her words. Kits were generally blunt and a little too honest, yes. But this? Most cats did not find her scars beautiful, least of all Beechfang herself. She'd made her peace with them, but that didn't mean she liked them any more than she had when they were fresh. For a moment she could only blink at the kit. "That's... Kind of you." She muttered, paws shifting awkwardly beneath her.

"Who are you, little one? I'm Beechfang." Skyclan's nursery seemed ever-expanding, these days.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 1:03 am

thyme
Beechfang... so that was her name.
"It's nice to meet you, Ms. Beechfang! I'm Thyme, and I'm glad you like your gift." She introduced herself softly.
Well, at least Thyme thought that Beechfang liked the gift and the compliment. Her tone seemed a bit stiffer than most, but the kit wasn't drawn away by this.

Thyme wasn't sure if it was polite or not to ask a cat upright about their scars and injuries... and yet she found herself starting up that conversation anyway.
"How did you get them? The scars, I mean. She asked, sitting down and tilting her head curiously to the side.
"Sorry. Is that rude to ask? I'd hate to offend you."

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 5:59 pm

Thyme, not Thymekit. So this was the one who had been brought to camp not too long ago. The warrior inclined her head, "It's nice to meet you, Thyme. You're new here, right?"

The question about her appearance seemed almost inevitable, at this point. "It would be rude if you were a warrior who should know better. I don't mind the question from kits, though." Beechfang shrugged. "I got into a lot of fights when I was younger. And I was sitting in a tree when lightning hit." She decided there wasn't a need to tell her why the lightning had struck or go into specifics.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptySat Jul 22, 2023 10:56 pm

thyme
Thyme nodded at Beechfang's question.
"I am new, but I guess everyone knows that. Not in an arrogant way or anything, I'm just sure that a new cat in a Clan can cause... conversation." Thyme quickly corrected herself as she spoke.
She wasn't interested in making herself out to be the talk of the Clan. She was nobody special, she was just Thyme, and she was okay with that.

Her ears flattened against her head once fighting was mentioned. She knew that becoming an apprentice and then going on to become a warrior meant that she would have to learn how to fight and even possibly use these taught skills in a real battle in the future. If the time came, would she be able to do so? The closest she had gotten to fighting anything was separating two leaves that had gotten stuck together.
"Would it sound, well, a bit silly if I said I'm a bit scared to learn how to fight? She asked, her eyes widening.
Thyme tried to pick her words carefully, "I know it's necessary, and I'll learn so I'm not a nuisance to SkyClan, but I guess I'm just worried."

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 10:17 am

Beechfang nodded at her words, "I understand." She said simply. She understood being the subject of conversation all too well. "Sometimes it's unavoidable. Things will settle down, though."

"There's a lot of cats that don't enjoy fighting." Beechfang mewed, thoughts turning briefly to Birdsong, to Primroselight and Muddythorn. Copperfox too, had never enjoyed bloodshed. "That's a good thing, though. It means you're less likely to resort to claws first when talking will suffice. Sometimes it will be necessary, though." Something she had learned far too late, in truth. Beechfang had been hotheaded in her younger days. Now though, she did try and show more restraint.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 12:06 am

thyme
"I don't know a lot about the history of the Clans, but I have heard some stories about really big battles. It makes me scared. I just don't want anyone to get hurt like what happened to Littleflower and Whinchatpaw when they came back from the Gathering." Thyme expressed her feelings slowly, almost if she wasn't sure how to process them.

Seeing pain was difficult for her, and she couldn't imagine how feeling it herself in the future would impact her. She had some doubts about herself. For a cat that preferred peace, would she ever be a decent warrior now that she was apart of a lifestyle where fighting was important?

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 2:52 pm

"There have been some big battles. Not that often, though." Beechfang nodded. She could recall the attack on Windclan's camp, could recall the battles at fourtrees against Asylum and the twolegs with their dogs. Before her birth had been the battle against the Righteous Few and battles against Shadowclan, against Windclan, against all manner of things. "They have lasting effects... But they aren't so common." She murmured.

The mention of the two apprentices who were recently hurt made her frown. "Injuries like that aren't natural. And that was no fault of their own, or of anyone in Skyclan." She shook her head, "Gatherings are supposed to be times of peace. Why fools insist on challenging that, I'll never know. The stars exert their power to stop the fighting, and that has more consequences than just those involved getting their comeuppance. Raising claws at fourtrees is never worth it." So many good cats that she had loved had been taken by the stars, and yet the stars never seemed to do much good. Quite the opposite, really. Her old mentor had told her once that Starclanners were just like any other cats, with their flaws and biases... Mossbloom had been right about that. It still rubbed Beechfang's fur the wrong way, how they meddled, how the moonstone was viewed as sacred and a rite all apprentices would have to undertake. She had wanted to believe once, that the stars were a force for good. But the stars were just as misguided as anyone else, she had learned. And perhaps far more dangerous than any living cat could hope to be.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 2:12 pm

thyme
The stars... StarClan had done that to Whinchatpaw and Littleflower? Thyme was confused.
"But if it wasn't SkyClan's fault... why did StarClan hurt us?" She asked, blinking up at the older she-cat.
She still wasn't sure how to feel about StarClan. Based on the stories that she heard, sometimes they were made out to be the heroes. Now they were made out to be the villains.

It wasn't just StarClan she was worried about, it was Gatherings too. For Beechfang to imply that other cats in the past had broken the peace rule meant that it was completely for it to happen again, and Thyme knew that she wasn't interested in being at Fourtrees if such an event were to occur when she was finally apprenticed in the future.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 8:19 pm

"Starclan's warnings often go well beyond just those involved." Beechfang sighed, "Our clanmates were simply caught in the crossfire. They were innocent, and shouldn't have been. From what I can tell lightning isn't exactly predictable in where it strikes." There was a slight edge to her voice that betrayed her fury. "Gatherings are supposed to be peaceful, and usually they are. Sometimes... Sometimes cats are stupid, though. Some have the ego to think nothing would happen to them, others simply get lost in their anger when tensions in the forest are high. Wolfblossom and Birdstar are levelheaded, and they do their best to protect the clan. Can't protect everyone in a situation like that, though. But stuff like that isn't common." It was far more common than Beechfang wanted to admit to, but in the grand scheme of things she was still confident that it wasn't. Mostly confident, anyways.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 11:22 pm

thyme
Thyme didn't quite know what to think. She supposed that the only way she could form an actual opinion on a Gathering was to experience one for herself. Her opinion on StarClan was still up in the air. Every cat that she had spoken to in the past revered them, but she was now beginning to realize that such a view was not the case for every cat. Were they to be feared? Loved? Respected? How much did they know about the lives of each individual cat, and how much power did they have over the land of the living? If they had the ability to send down lightning from the sky with a flick of their tail then they had to have a reasonable amount of power.

Thyme glanced down at her paws as she shuffled them on the ground.
"I want to meet them. I want to ask them why they use such harsh methods. Do living cats ever get to meet StarClan? Do they even want to talk to us? It... it doesn't sound like they like us very much." She asked, unable to look up and meet Beechfang's eyes.
Out of all the Clan concepts that she had been taught, StarClan was the only one that wasn't easy to grasp.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptyFri Aug 04, 2023 1:24 pm

Thyme wanted to question Starclan, and Beechfang let out a sigh. Questioning was the logical thing to do. Questioning would also drive a cat insane. She would know, being one of those driven insane by it. "Apprentices meet Starclan when they go to the moonstone. Medicine cats go there to speak with Starclan every half moon. Leaders get their nine lives there, too. Most cats only speak with them once, though." Beechfang was personally of the opinion that the less the stars were spoken to, the better. They were a complicated bunch, and her feelings on them were just as complicated, no longer as simple as the bitter hate and resentment she had fostered for seasons. She wanted to hate the entity that had taken so, so many of her loved ones... But her loved ones were also a part of that same entity. For better or worse.

"Don't go expecting answers. They are... cryptic, and I think not even most Starclanners understand how they work, if I'm being honest. Certainly not those who have passed on more recently, that the living would know and care for."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
verychuu

verychuu

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptyFri Aug 04, 2023 10:14 pm

thyme
As Thyme continued to think, she realized that she needed this conversation. It was easy to be so wrapped up in all of the positive things about SkyClan and the Clans in general that she had to face the facts and realize that not everything was so "simple". As much as she enjoyed seeing the beauty in everything, including StarClan, not everything was "good".

Pain certainly wasn't good. Her ears perked up curiously upon hearing the mention of the moonstone. Just when she thought she knew about everything that she'd experience upon becoming an apprentice, she learned something new. Speaking with StarClan in the moons to come sounded interesting, and now Thyme had plenty of time to think about what she was going to say. She could only hope that they would like her when the moment finally came.

"I'll be careful when it's time... and thank you for telling me, Ms. Beechfang. I can't help but think that some cats would've tried to avoid the topic." Thyme was sincere as she spoke. The truth was very important to her, even if it wasn't the prettiest, which was what she was beginning to realize.

smallfawn skc queen 』
pantherpounce wc t3w 』
cardinalkit sc kit 』
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Moment in Time [Thyme]   A Moment in Time [Thyme] EmptySat Aug 05, 2023 3:11 pm

"You're welcome. I was tempted to avoid it." Beechfang admitted, "It's not something talked about to kits, usually. Sometimes it's... difficult to acknowledge. For some more than others, I suspect." The old warrior shrugged. "You'll meet them eventually. Sometimes they are interesting to talk to." She added.

Wish a sigh, the warrior stood and stretched. "I believe I'm due for another patrol soon. It was nice to meet you, Thyme."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8