Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

it's a big ol' world out there (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
moonazyne

moonazyne

Characters : [C]indersky, [W]olfpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan, T3 Warrior| ShadowClan, Apprentice
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 326

it's a big ol' world out there (c) Empty
PostSubject: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) EmptyMon 17 Jul 2023 - 5:22

Cinderpaw had had a rough couple of days. Apprenticeship had not lived up to her expectations, and she often believed she was letting Perchstar down. It was probably embarrassing to the leader to have an apprentice that jumped at her own shadow for no apparent reason. To have an apprentice that needed to clean her paws after every attempted hunting trip otherwise she'd feel too 'off-balance' to focus on the next task.

That was what had just happened, she thought. A mouse should be easy-- It was just sitting there, and she thought she'd be able get it. But she stood on something squishy and it completely ruined it. And don't get her started on fishing.That was a nightmare.

Now, she sat by herself, cleaning away the remnants of her previously meal from around her face. She had been grooming herself for StarClan-knows-how-long now, too deep in thought and stuck in her little rhythmic cycle to focus on her clanmates. Ooh, a mess she was. Was it like this for everyone when they started learning for the first time? It seemed easier to pounce on a moving ball as a kit. Ugh.

Cindersky  | Daytrader |  Wolfpaw

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) EmptyMon 17 Jul 2023 - 18:20

Larkpaw

Larkpaw had been staring at Cinderpaw since she started grooming her face. She was an odd one, for sure. Very cleanly, very…neurotic, as Larkpaw thought. He was normally not one to talk to other cats, especially not by choice, but she was Perchstar’s apprentice. That meant, at least sometimes, she went out doing training with her other apprentices—such as Rookpaw, his sibling.

Maybe I can find out how they’re doing before she inevitably hates me, Larkpaw thought bitterly. When he finally got fed up watching her lick her paw and rub her face, Larkpaw stood and approached.

“You,” he meowed from behind her. “Tell me how your training is going.”
RiverClan • Apprentice • He/Him • 20 | 60 • #787878
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) EmptyTue 18 Jul 2023 - 3:54

Cinderpaw had not expected to be approached by anyone. Especially not right now. The voice of an almost disgruntled, sharp cat tore her from her cleaning-reverie with a yelp, a jump and puffed-out fur. She would need to clean that again later, now.

With wide, briefly panicked blue eyes staring back at the miffed looking tom-cat, she struggled to catch her breath again to offer a proper response. Her ears flickered back as if to request just a second, and after one deep breath, she spoke.

"S-Sorry," Her voice sounded a tad bit strangled, but she cleared her throat again and powered through it. "My training? It's, well-- It's going. I'm only a few days in so... I guess it could be going better..?"

She offered a lopsided grin, certainly forced but friendliness was key. This other apprentice seemed upset, and she didn't want to further that-- Not even if she was a bit put-out by her own horrible experiences in the art of, well, everything forest related.

"I didn't catch your name," She carried on then, a bit more confident and less shaky than before. "I'm Cinderpaw, and you..?"

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) EmptyMon 24 Jul 2023 - 20:26

Larkpaw

Larkpaw’s ears twitched with irritation as Cinderpaw stumbled over her words. She seemed skittish. He had done nothing but say hello…Was it her, or was it him? He couldn’t tell anymore. It seemed he was not making a good first impression, and it was a struggle to note let that irritation show and ruin things further.

Larkpaw huffed. He replied, “Larkpaw. Is Perchstar doing a good job as a mentor or is she as useless as I suspect? And what of Rookpaw? If you have yet to speak with them, they are another cat that Perchstar is training. My sibling. Are they doing well? Have you gone out with them?”

He didn’t really think about how he was dumping a bunch of questions onto Cinderpaw. He just wanted the answers.
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) EmptyMon 31 Jul 2023 - 14:26

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

The whirlwind of questions caught Cinderpaw off guard. Her ears went back gradually, flat against her head by the time he finished off on his final query. She stared at him for a moment, owl-eyed and bewildered, before she cleared her throat and with a soft "Uhh...", began to try to answer them.

She quickly found that to be a near impossible task. She hadn't been training for long with Perchstar, and she had only seen Rookpaw a couple of times during cross-over or leaving the den before her. Rookpaw was further ahead in their training, so they didn't do much joint activities. Not yet, at least. Cinderpaw knew she had a lot of catching up to do before that became even remotely possible.

"Well, Perchstar has been good to me so far..." She began, meeting eyes with the intense tom before quickly looking away again. It was like looking into the rapids of a river that almost dared you to stay too long. This was disconcerting, but a new encounter was always rough... Right..? "I--I personally think I'm not the quickest learner but she's being patient, so that's always a plus... I don't think I know enough yet to decide if she's 'good' or not. I mean-- She has to be the leader for a reason, right...?"

She smiled nervously, aware she was completely blathering but it felt like a needed contrast to Larkpaw's harsh and emphasized points. "As for Rookpaw... We've crossed paths sometimes but I don't train with them yet-- I'd just be slowing down their own training sessions. Perchstar hasn't seemed too upset during cross-overs, though, so I think it's going okay...?" With a hum and a small tilt of her head, she added; "I can ask Rookpaw for their own thoughts on their progress when I next see them, if you like!"

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) EmptyTue 1 Aug 2023 - 19:36

Larkpaw

Larkpaw listened to Cinderpaw, but found himself growing irritated by her nerves and inability to speak quite so directly. There were so many doubts even in her own words. Couldn’t this apprentice make up her mind about anything?

Larkpaw sighed sharply and shook his head. “Rookpaw is my sibling. I can ask them myself,” he replied indignantly. “I don’t need a cat to play middleman to asking them of their own progress.” Rookpaw simply had a filtered view of their own training. Rookpaw did not look at Perchstar as critically as Larkpaw looked at her, or even at his own mentor, Rowansong. It would be good for his sibling to be more critical, but he hoped that another of Perchstar’s apprentices would be able to do that. This one could hardly think for herself.

He blinked a couple of times and shook his head for a moment. He felt like he could hear Rowansong or Perchstar or Willowpaw or Wrenpaw or—ugh! He could hear every cat he’s come in contact with saying he was being rude. He opened his eyes again and looked at Cinderpaw. “…I’m glad…she is good to you,” he managed to say dryly. “And I appreciate…the offer. But there is no need to trouble yourself.”

There. Was that polite enough? He could still hear Rowansong’s berating in the back of his head.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) EmptyWed 2 Aug 2023 - 3:48

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

The next, almost hostile, curtness to Larkpaw's words threw her for a loop. Her ears went back instantly, and her tail tip quivered by her foot. He seemed so calm just a second ago, a little intense, yes, but not like the cat that would snap at her for a mere suggestion.

"I'm... sorry," She wasn't sure if apologising was correct in this situation, but it felt right. "I just thought it might be of some help."

Maybe she was stupid to think that. Larkpaw did have a point after all. They were siblings, so maybe it would be a little strange if she asked for him. She just thought it would be helpful.

Yet as quick as that barrage of sharpness came, it was smoothened by a strangled softness. Her ears perked again to a half-angle, and she watched curiously as he struggled to get the words out. Her mouth quipped in a hint of a smile.

"Thank you," She then answered, finding this version of him much more amicable. Of course, taken with a pinch of salt based on how awkward he looked saying it. Not a natural course of action, she assumed. "It wouldn't have been a bother at all, but-- I thought I'd offer anyways. I won't step on your toes."

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) EmptyThu 3 Aug 2023 - 10:48

Larkpaw

Cinderpaw’s apology felt more grating on Larkpaw’s ears. He didn’t mean to make it seem like she had to apologize; she annoyed her, sure, but not anything worth apologizing or. He hates making people apologize when they haven’t done anything wrong.

Larkpaw huffed. “You didn’t step on my toes, I was just stating the obvious,” he grumbled. “You didn’t even do something worth apologizing for. Stop being such a wet leaf. Do you apologizing for merely existing?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) EmptyThu 3 Aug 2023 - 16:49

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

Now, Cinderpaw was confused. Larkpaw was angry, and then she apologised. Then he was kind, and she replied in turn, and now he was angry again. Did she do something wrong? Running through the conversation again, she couldn't decide on anything. Maybe she offered to help too quick? Or maybe she was just missing something entirely? Ooh, why did other cats have to be hard?

Then, she thought of when she seemed angry and kind, that fluctuating sort of feeling. She did that when she was upset, or really hungry and tired. Maybe that was what was up with Larkpaw? Oh! She must be right! If she didn't do anything wrong, then maybe he wasn't feeling the best.

"Are you okay?" The question came out as clear as day, her ears perked and head inclined forward as if to listen closely or take in the entirety of his appearance. Slouching, limping, shivering. That kind of thing. "You seem a little upset, or maybe stressed? Are you hungry? We could go get something to eat. Or if you're sad, maybe we could talk about it? Stuff can be stressful. I don't want you to be sad."

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) EmptyThu 10 Aug 2023 - 18:43

Larkpaw

Larkpaw’s eyes widened at the sudden question that Cinderpaw put forth. His fur bristled on instinct and he leaned away where she leaned forward. His eyes narrow to impossibly narrow slits and he spat back, “I’m not upset! You’re just stupid and annoying!”

“You will not make many friends like that.”

Uuuuugh stupid Willowpaw!! Get out of his head!

Larkpaw’s ear twitches. “…You’re not…stupid or annoying,” he corrects in a growl. “But I am not sad or upset or hungry. I am. Just. Bad. At talking to cats.” He stammers out the words like each one is a prickly thorn against him. Then he mutters quieter, ”Apparently.”

It wasn’t that he went into every conversation trying to act like a jerk. Sometimes it just happened. Most of the time, he wasn’t even sure what he did wrong. He was getting better (?) about identifying it, he supposed, but most of the time, all of the rules about what was or was not mean didn’t make sense to him. It just left him floundering.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) EmptyFri 11 Aug 2023 - 13:19

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

Cinderpaw recoiled like a particularly cold raindrop had splattered onto her snout. She was silent for a long while, eyes widened and ears out against her head so flat they almost disappeared. She seemed startled rather than upset, but then the more he spoke the more her head tilted.

"You are bad at it," She confirmed with a resolute nod of her head. "But that's okay. I am too. We're just bad in different ways."

It made sense to her then. The back and forth, snaps and apologies. He was trying. She understood that. It was like when she rambled too much, and then said too little. Spoke too softly and then too loud.

"You know how I mumble, or stutter? I feel nervous, I don't know what to say. Sometimes I don't say what I mean because I feel like something has to be said but I don't know what," She hummed, blinking softly at him. She didn't want him to feel put-out. "The more it happens, though, the easier it gets. You're already getting better."

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) EmptyWed 16 Aug 2023 - 14:03

Larkpaw

Larkpaw did not want Cinderpaw’s sympathies, and her attempts to compare her struggles with mumbling and stammering to his issues irked him. He was saying nothing wrong. Everyone else always took what he said the wrong way and so he had to change the way he spoke. It was frustrating and annoying and-

His ears suddenly perked tall.

You’re already getting better.

He…was? He was? He wasn’t sure he’s had someone else say that to him. He was only ever told what he was doing wrong, and it was frustrating beyond belief. But this cat thought he was not simply failing? Yes, she did not say he was perfect, did not say that he was doing well…but better. It was better than anything he’d heard yet.

Lark’s throat rumbled with a strange sensation. He replied, “I am putting in a lot of effort. So I would hope so.” He spoke with an indignant tone but his tail gently swayed on the ground behind him, indicating his pleasure.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
moonazyne

moonazyne

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) EmptyTue 29 Aug 2023 - 8:28

Cinderpaw, RiverClan

That small sway, nevermind his flat tone, but that little wag of his tail elated her. She found it hard to suppress the smile that was trying to find its home on her face, found it hard to still her tail tip that was practically vibrating.

"Of course you are," She purred, her front paws gently, slightly tipping the ground one after another as she spoke. "As long as you try you'll always get better. Mm... What was the saying... Practice makes perfect?"

She was glad that she got through to him, though. Even just a bit. He was a strange cat, that was for sure. A bit odd and hard to understand but that didn't mean he didn't deserve the effort. "It might take me a while, but I can try and understand how you talk, too, if you like. That way if you're too tired to swap your words around you can just say exactly what comes to mind."

"sed non obligant."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) EmptyTue 29 Aug 2023 - 19:07

Larkpaw

Larkpaw’s ears remained perked high and his eyes were a bit wide. He thought he had this Cinderpaw figured out from the moment she spoke, but she kept surprising him with every new word. He couldn’t quite describe this new emotion in his chest, but it was oddly nice. No one had ever suggested that they learn how he spoke rather than the other way around. No one except Rookpaw, of course.

“That…would be nice,” he admitted stiffly. “I…will do the same. I will not berate you for your stammer.” His ear twitched. “It’s already been fading as we’ve spoken. So…practice makes perfect indeed.”

Larkpaw stood up again. “I will bother you no longer. You have been quite insightful, Cinderpaw.” What was it that cats said when they do something nice? “…Thank you.” He nodded succinctly and then walked off, choosing that as the end to their conversation.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: it's a big ol' world out there (c)   it's a big ol' world out there (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

it's a big ol' world out there (c)
Page 1 of 1