Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
isla

isla

Clan/Rank : RiverClan/apprentice
Number of posts : 316

Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw]   Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw] - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2023 - 17:49

* ☽ *
Lavenderpaw nodded. Every young apprentice dreamed of being a warrior. "With the way you like to keep moving and get things done, I'm not surprised if it'd be sooner," he smiled. It was an asset to have in training, in his mind.

"Drizzlepool will be better soon," he said confidently, ignoring the nagging fear. "Don't worry, I don't think Perchstar and Poppyshine will let your training be neglected long." From his own experience, he knew the care of every RiverClan cat was assured. "In the meanwhile, I'm sure they'll take it on, themselves. That's the kind of leaders they are." Wouldn't that be great? he almost added, but his heart wasn't in it with his best friend sick.

He was surprised by her question. Maybe that meant he had helped even if just a little. He felt a flicker of pride.

"I think Perchstar is impressed with my fishing," he admitted embarrassedly, even if it wasn't untrue. "I'm not allowed to fight, except in the way every cat knows how to bite and claw. But Perchstar would like me to study medicine, and that takes longer," he acknowledged. He had one paw on the apprenticeship of a warrior and the other on the apprenticeship of a medicine-cat. It was interesting and he liked his unique path.

"What do you most like to do?" he asked her. Some liked hunting or fighting or herbs or the water or aspired to raise a family or rise to leadership. What kind of cat was Swanpaw? For some, it was less about what you did but the loved ones who were with you, that's how Lavenderpaw felt.

No flashes of silver showed themselves beneath the water. Maybe they got caught all they could from this pool, but Lavenderpaw wasn't ready to give up until they had at least three, for themselves and for Pigeonkit. 

* ☽ *

Last edited by isla on Tue 18 Jul 2023 - 17:55; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw]   Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw] - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2023 - 17:49

The member 'isla' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5641

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw]   Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw] - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2023 - 19:06

Lavenderpaw seemed more optimistic about Drizzlepool than Swanpaw was. "I hope so..." She muttered, though her hope was more for a clanmate to be healthy than it was out of some goodwill toward Drizzlepool. How was a mute cat supposed to teach her? Especially one who didn't even like the apprentices, or her, as far as Swanpaw could tell? She had a feeling that if Drizzlepool did get better, she'd be doing what she was doing now - learning from others.

"I don't know... Being deputy one day, or leader. Not that I want to replace Perchstar, of course. And I'll need to become a warrior first." And that would require completing her training. "And sparring... The clan has to be fed of course, but they need protection too, right?" Pale eyes turned toward the water as Lavenderpaw spoke. Medicine... That wasn't something she'd ever considered. "That's not something I ever considered, but I bet it'd be useful to know. It must be time-consuming though." Boring and slow work, but also important work. Swanpaw wasn't sure what to make of such.

Finally another flash of silver appeared in the water, and Swanpaw's claws shot toward it. Miscalculated, her claws just missed the little fish. "Foxdung." She muttered, glaring down on the rippling water.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw]   Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw] - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2023 - 19:36

* ☽ *
"Ah, then you'll want to get to know Poppyshine," Lavenderpaw said with light playfulness ~ and be patient, he added mentally, but Swanpaw didn't seem to dampen too much even under worse circumstances. The opposite, she was frustrated and more driven. "I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do if you keep up your determination," he told her honestly.

"Of course, since you can fish, you already know one good move," he swiped a strong paw in her direction for a joke, letting it whoosh by her ears harmlessly.

Lavenderpaw hummed in sympathetic frustration, also staring into the water with no luck in a while. "Very time consuming," he agreed quietly about herbs, though it also described the last elusive fish.

Just as he had given up, a tiny fish flitted casually by.

Lavenderpaw acted quickly to hook it from the water, a little clumsy with surprise. He killed it with a gratified blink, turning to Swanpaw to see what she would like to do next. "Are you hungry?" he offered, since they had caught enough to feed at least one more cat, and hadn't even been assigned to a hunting patrol.
* ☽ *

Last edited by isla on Tue 18 Jul 2023 - 19:43; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw]   Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw] - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Jul 2023 - 19:36

The member 'isla' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw]   Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw] - Page 2 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2023 - 20:03

"I want to, she seems so busy." Swanpaw nodded, "I mean, I expect her to be, leading the clan and all." Lavenderpaw's next words made her fur warm. They meant her progress was being watched, and not just by the high ranks. That alone was enough to make her want to improve and be better. He seemed to recognize that she was driven to succeed.

At the swipe of his paw, she laughed. "I guess I do." She said, batting back at him with her own sheathed and careful paw. The conversation died down for a bit there as the two gazed at the water. Lavenderpaw managed to catch another after a while, and the second flash of silver was quick to meet an end by Swanpaw's claws as well.

"It couldn't hurt to take one, right? There's enough to bring back." They were small fish, granted, but it was still something. Especially for two cats who had been in camp and not specifically assigned to a hunting patrol.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw]   Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw] - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Jul 2023 - 19:17

* ☽ *
It brought a gentle smile to Lavenderpaw's face, when Swanpaw batted back at him playfully, and it lingered as the moments went by.

"I think so," Lavenderpaw replied. "We've hunted for the Clan on top of what the patrols will bring back."

He gathered up a couple of the little fish by the tails, "All the kits will love theseStill want to take your catch to Pigeonkit?" Lavenderpaw asked.

He added with a warm glow in his soft yellow eyes, "You've improved already with your last catch." It was a day's work well done for the pair of apprentices.
* ☽ *
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw]   Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw] - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Jul 2023 - 9:16

Swanpaw returned his smile, nodding at the other apprentice's words. "Yeah, we'll take these back. I'm sure my sister would appreciate one." It felt good to have accomplished something today, even if it was as simple as catching a few small fish. The praise was welcome too. "Thanks, Lavenderpaw. I had a good teacher." She added with a small smile. "Come on, let's head back."

((We can end things here if you want!))

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw]   Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stuck in Camp [Lavenderpaw]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2