Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

green saplings (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

green saplings (c) Empty
PostSubject: green saplings (c)   green saplings (c) EmptyWed 28 Jun 2023 - 12:26

“But I don’t wanna!” Cypresskit complained, unceremoniously plopped into the nursery by a tired queen. “I wasn’t playin’ rough! Not even usin’ claws! This isn’t fair.”

Ugh. The small she-kit huffed, curling up in her nest and tucking her nose under her patterned tail- at least until the queen left. As soon as she was no longer under scrutiny, Cypresskit leapt to her paws and immediately scurried out, intent on- well, she wasn’t quite sure. Being thrown into the nursery by the scruff of her neck was hardly good for her reputation, and if she wanted to keep her siblings in line, she needed to impress upon them that she knew best.

Cypresskit trotted back out into camp, keeping a wary eye out. Luckily, no-one seemed to know that she was supposed to be in time-out, and so the small kit started sniffing about, looking for something to do or someone to bother. Where were her siblings?
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Characters : Mothpaw | Sorrelpaw | Nettlepaw
Clan/Rank : RC Apprentice | SkC Apprentice | TC Apprentice
Aquarius Cat
Number of posts : 150

green saplings (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: green saplings (c)   green saplings (c) EmptyWed 28 Jun 2023 - 17:45

Sorrelkit

skyclan
kit

Sorrelkit had been parading around with a green leaf she had found in the grass in her mouth, pretending to be a returning warrior with her catch. For a moment Sorrelkit had considered donating her leaf to the fresh-kill pile, though the stares of a warrior as she approached the pile with a mischievous air persuaded her against her own plans. What would she do now?

She wasn’t quite sure where her siblings were; if Bearkit was asleep there was no point disturbing him and she would have been able to hear Bubblekit if she had been near. Cypresskit and Ploverkit she wasn't quite sure…So where were they? It didn’t take long for Sorrelkit to spy one of her sisters, hurrying out of the nursery. Had they been hanging out without her? She wouldn’t take that. 

“Cypress—!” Sorrel shouted, her words muffled by the leaf in her mouth. She skipped towards her sister, tail waving in the air, “what are you doing?”

cocoa

cocoa

green saplings (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: green saplings (c)   green saplings (c) EmptyFri 30 Jun 2023 - 11:27

Someone called her name- with a small yelp, Cypresskit’s head snapped up, mismatched gaze scanning the camp for her opponent’s angle of attack- but the form approaching was no wrathful queen, just one of her sisters. The small kit relaxed, licking the fur on her chest back down and hoping against hope Sorrelkit hadn’t seen that. What was she doing? A leaf? Hmm… maybe it was a cypress leaf? Gramma had told the, about cypress trees, but they had weird leaves that weren’t shaped like leaves. Needles? The leaf Sorrel had didn’t look like a needle… at least, not like what Cypresskit imagined a needle should probably look like.

“Being awesome!” The tortie answered with a cheerful chirp, lightly swatting at the leaf in her sister’s mouth. “Where’d ya get that? Is it a sorrel leaf? It doesn’t look much like you, but your eyes are kinda green-like. Sometimes I think Mamma didn’t quite know what a bubble was, ‘cause Bubble doesn’t look much at all like it.”

She’d seen bubbles, once, when the rain came down hard and made the puddles bubble, just a little, but she hadn’t ever seen a bear, or a cypress or a sorrel. Gramma did say they could catch a plover sometime, though, so that would be fun! Maybe they could catch a bear, too, but the elders said those were big, bigger even than Birdstar herself! Wow…
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Aquarius Cat

green saplings (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: green saplings (c)   green saplings (c) EmptyWed 5 Jul 2023 - 9:48

Sorrelkit

skyclan
kit

Sorrelkit’s ears twitched as Cypresskit made a noise, slyly combatting a grin as her sister groomed her fur in embarrassment.

“I’m not a fox!”The grey kit laughed as she bounced over, though her laughter quickly stopped. She didn’t know, actually. What did sorrel even look like? She knew it was a plant. The kit whined for a moment as her sister batted at her leaf, turning her head up in attempt to keep it from her sister’s paws,

“Uh— papa said he’ll take me to find sorrels when we’re apprentices, then we can see!” A little lie. It was easier than admitting she didn’t know, and she was persuasive enough she would likely get her way. A thought then tickled the back of her mind, leaning forward, “the medicine cats might have one we can look at. Maybe they’ll have a cypress leaf, too!” Though, admittedly, she wasn’t sure how welcoming they would be to two kits with mischievous looks in their eyes. To Sorrelkit however, she saw no real issue with her plan.

“I’ve never seen anything with eyes like you, not even any of the prey on the pile! Is that what a cypress is like? Is that why mama called you that?”

cocoa

cocoa

green saplings (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: green saplings (c)   green saplings (c) EmptyFri 7 Jul 2023 - 17:10

“No way!” Cypresskit gasped, bouncing in place, just a little. There was no way So was his favourite kit! “I mean- yeah, me too! Except with cypresses, of course, ‘cause it’d be silly to look for sorrels. I betcha cypresses are cooler, anyways.”

Bitterly, the small she-kit flicked the tip of her tail- but in just a moment, she was whisked away by the prospect of an adventure. “Yeah! Betcha they’d have alla the leaves in the forest, so many leaves. They come back with them all the time. I dunno, So, my eyes are all different-coloured-like, and that’d be real weird leaves.”
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Aquarius Cat

green saplings (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: green saplings (c)   green saplings (c) EmptyTue 11 Jul 2023 - 14:35

“Yes way!” It seemed the sisters had both decided to lie, “what if there were sorrels right next to cypresses? Nuh uh— sorrels are way cooler!” She bit her tongue for a moment before she let slip another lie, “papa said so, that’s why we’re going searching first!”

“Do you think StarClan put the leaves there or help them find it?” She paused, considering her next thought quickly, “maybe there’s weird leaves in the forest— if I see them I’ll find you so many!” Sorrelkit was admittedly also swept up in the prospect of adventure, her paws twitching. “I wonder if they’ve given mama any leaves.”

cocoa

cocoa

green saplings (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: green saplings (c)   green saplings (c) EmptySun 16 Jul 2023 - 5:33

No,” Cypresskit said immediately, bopping her sister gently on the snout. “Da didn’t say sorrels are cooler! No way! You’re telling lies, Sorrelsorrel, lies lies lies. Kits who lie get taken by the Dawnhawk, remember? And then he takes them away to the Dark Forest! And they can never escape!”

Hypocritical, maybe, but kits were never known for remarkable self-awareness. “Prolly, but they’re special StarClan magic leaves, more’n’likely, leaves that are magic. Maybe they change colour alla t’ time, or somewhat like that.”
Back to top Go down
Moth

Moth

Aquarius Cat

green saplings (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: green saplings (c)   green saplings (c) EmptyThu 20 Jul 2023 - 1:16

Sorrelkit

skyclan
kit

“No lies! StarClan knows I don’t!” Perhaps invoking the name of their ancestors wasn’t the best for her case but she needed something. “No they don’t!” Sorrelkit cried out at her sister, her voice wavering slightly. The Dark Forest? She had heard that in nursery stories, listening to the tales of elders…No, she had to be wrong…

”I’ve never lied! Ok maybe a little bit but we all do— just not big lies enough to get taken to the Dark Forest!” StarClan, you know I’m good, don’t you? She plead quietly.

“Magic leaves…I want a leaf that’s bright red! If they give mama magic leaves will that make her magic?” Sorrelkit’s eyes grew wide in wonder, leaning in towards her sister, “what if we find the magic leaves?”

Sponsored content

green saplings (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: green saplings (c)   green saplings (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

green saplings (c)
Page 1 of 1