Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

An Overdue Trip [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

An Overdue Trip [closed] Empty
PostSubject: An Overdue Trip [closed]   An Overdue Trip [closed] EmptyThu 8 Jun 2023 - 18:47

With her new name, Ferntwist was free to leave camp as she wanted. The molly had finished with the patrols Smallbean had told her to do and had the rest of the day off. And she wasn't going to miss her chance. After talking with Sootstorm to borrow Nectapaw, the two she-cats were now on their to the Flower Fields. The sun was warm and the soft breeze was enough to keep them cool enough. It was the perfect day for a journey. They still had a lot to walk but in the meantime, both Windclanners could take the time to talk and update each other. "How's your training with Sootstorm? Is he teaching you well?" Ferntwist mewed as they walked through the tall grass.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
An Overdue Trip [closed] Signat14
Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Characters : [N]ectarflower ; [H]emlockfox ; [W]iggleworm ; [F]irepaw
Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice
Number of posts : 709

PostSubject: Re: An Overdue Trip [closed]   An Overdue Trip [closed] EmptyThu 8 Jun 2023 - 20:13

Nectarpaw

Nectarpaw bounded alongside Ferntwist, her green gaze flitting this way and that as she looked around for the fabled flower fields. Ferntwist had told her of the place moons ago - back when she was a kit - and Nectarpaw had been dying to go ever since! However, her apprentice duties had kept her very busy until recently.

The tortie she-cat grinned at her friend and nodded in response to her question. "Oh yeah! He's great! He already taught he the basic battle moves, but I haven't needed to use them yet!"

A stray blade of grass tickled Nectarpaw's nose as she passed, and she shook her head before glaring playfully at the offending foliage before returning her attention to Ferntwist. "Which is probably a good thing, because I'm not so good at fighting." She meowed bashfully.

Hopefully, she would get a hang of it eventually, but until then, she would probably just have to avoid any dangerous situations.

"Oh! What's it like being a warrior? I bet it's awesome getting to leave the camp whenever you want! I wish I could do that, I'd have decorated the camp with tons of flowers by now if I could." Nectarpaw looked longingly at a bird as it flew overhead, wishing it would drop one of its feathers for her.

Oh well, there would be plenty of pretty things to collect once they got to the fields!

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: An Overdue Trip [closed]   An Overdue Trip [closed] EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 16:45

Ferntwist was glad to hear that Sootstorm was a good mentor for Nectarpaw. During their apprentice days, the older tom had taught her how to properly hunt, so the she-cat knew he was mentor-material. "Yeah, let's hope you don't have to use them soon..." She mewed a bit concerned. Shadowclan aggression had made Ferntwist more aggressive in borders and more aware of her surroundings. Any day from now... Shadowclan could attack and she wasn't going to let them hurt her friends. If they dared to lay a paw on Nectarpaw... The warrior contained a hiss. This day wasn't to get angry. It was a day for the two mollies to enjoy peacefully the flowers of their territory and hopefully bring some to camp.

"It's great! Although is not all freedom since Smallbean still has to send us on patrols, we can do whatever we want in our free time. Hunt, sleep under the sun and collect flowers. Whatever your heart pleases." She purred gleefully, her tail twitching with excitement at her newfound freedom. "I'm sure you will be a warrior as well in no time. But until then, if you ever want to leave camp, just tell and can sneak you out to do something fun. I'm sure Sootstorm won't complain if it's me asking." The she-cat wasn't dumb. She was aware of the tom interest in her, though she wasn't sure if they were romantic feeling what he felt for her. What she did know was that Sootstorm cared for her... and Ferntwist reciprocated that feeling.

The older she-cat guided Nectarpaw to a small hill and after crossing the tall grass, they were welcomed to the flower fields. As soon as they entered, the flowery scent invaded her nostrils and Ferntwist couldn't help a purr. "Here we are!"

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

Clan/Rank : [N] T5 WC Warrior ; [H] T2 WC MC ; [W] T2 TC Warrior ; [F] SkC Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: An Overdue Trip [closed]   An Overdue Trip [closed] EmptyThu 15 Jun 2023 - 19:41

Nectarpaw

Nectarpaw looked over at her friend, her pale green eyes reflecting the same concern in Ferntwist's. She too was worried about the ongoing spat between them and Shadowclan but, for now, nothing too bad had come of it. The tortoiseshell she-cat was certain that no cat would go so far as to attack a whole clan because of what Batsong did.

Then again, it was Shadowclan, the clan that was rumored the be the most brutal and twisted of all. Nectarpaw withheld a snort of disbelief. That was just hare-brained. There was no way the entire clan of cats was evil, she was sure of it.

Ferntwist's voice brough Nectarpaw back to the task at paw and she grinned up at the gray and white warrior. "Oh I bet it's amazing being able to do all that stuff!" Nectarpaw didn't even bother lowering her voice. They were on a leisurely stroll, not a hunting or border patrol.

Smiling brightly, she pranced ahead a bit then stopped to look back at Ferntwist. "You will! Oh thank you! Sootstorm has never brought me to the flower fields before, it's all 'practice this, practice that' but he does always listen to you!"

Nectarpaw waited for Ferntwist to catch up and followed her to the top of a hill. She could practically taste the flowers! They must be really close now!

Her tail vibrated with joy and as Ferntwist spoke the long awaited words, Nectarpaw let out a squeal of joy, unable to stop herself from speeding past her friend, down the hill, and right into a patch of beautiful purple flowers.

"Oh, wow! I've never seen so many before in my whole life!" Nectarpaw batted playfully at a particularly tall flower then popped up, her eyes fixed on a gorgeous flower that was white with a pink center. "Look, look! Ferntwist, that one is amazing!"

Nectarpaw bounded through the field until she reached the aforementioned flower, her pupils blown wide with awe.

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: An Overdue Trip [closed]   An Overdue Trip [closed] EmptySat 17 Jun 2023 - 8:39

Ferntwist happiness became even more prominent when hearing the excitement of the apprentice. She looked from a safe distance at how the she-cat rushed through the flowers, mewing excitedly. The young molly remembered her first time out of the camp and she saw herself in Nectarpaw. A young, wide-eyed apprentice blissfully enjoying the clan life and Windclan's lifestyle. Ferntwist wanted to protect that: her happiness, innocence and peaceful life, and because of that feeling, the usually bold and brave she-cat was afraid. She feared the other clans and their distaste for Windclan and worry that something that some skirmishes would set loose. The warrior couldn't bare the thought of seeing Nectarpaw get caught in that mess.

Her gloomy thoughts disappeared for a moment when Nectarpaw focused on one particular flower. The young warrior entered the flower field to reach her side and saw the little white plant the apprentice was pointing at. "Yes, it is gorgeous. Maybe we can find more of them and bring them to camp." She purred, starting to look around for more. Despite the calmness of this trip, Ferntwist didn't let Nectarpaw out of her sight. The flower fields were relatively peaceful, with no predators and far from clan borders.

The warrior stumbled upon a different kind of flower which reminded her of someone: a plant with many long petals and a centre of shorter green petals. The same shade as Sootstorm's eyes. A bit confused by the comparison that suddenly popped into her head, Ferntwist turned her head to speak to Nectarpaw. "Maybe you can use these flowers to make bundles and give them to someone you like. A friend or... maybe a crush?" The warrior's expression changed to a mischievous smile and curious eyes. She wondered if there was someone special in Nectarpaw's life. She was young so crushes were common at her age.

Back to top Go down
GravisCordis

GravisCordis

PostSubject: Re: An Overdue Trip [closed]   An Overdue Trip [closed] EmptySat 17 Jun 2023 - 13:57

Nectarpaw

Nectarpaw grinned up at Ferntwist, oblivious to her momentary change in mood. She flicked her tail happily and nodded before bounding a few tail-lengths away to search for more of the pretty flower. "Certainly! I know our clanmates would love pretty flowers like these!"

After a moment of wandering, she called out gleefully, "Goodness! Look at these!"

Before Nectarpaw lay a soft-looking patch of the same white and pink flowers. Their petals were small and delicate - they were definitely too young to collect.

Nearby, Nectarpaw noticed, two fully grown versions of the same flower hovered over the smaller ones as if protecting them. Nectarpaw smiled softly and looked up at Ferntwist spoke up from a few paces away. "Those flowers?" She peered over at the flowers Ferntwist was standing beside.

They were certainly lovely. Not quite worthy of being a centerpiece in one of her bundles, but still very nice. "I do quite like those, they-" The apprentice suddenly fell silent, her tail tip twitching.

She eyed Ferntwist cautiously. A crush? Stars no! She barely even spoke to the other apprentices much less had a crush on any of them!

Ew! Gross! I do not have a crush on anyone!" Nectarpaw's muzzle twisted with distaste and she shook her head dramatically. "No - definitely not." She announced. There were, admittedly, several pretty apprentices her age...but she didn't have a crush on any of them.

Then, after a moment, the tortoiseshell narrowed her eyes at Ferntwist.

Now she knew for a fact that there was something between Ferntwist and her mentor, Sootstorm. Maybe not anything serious, but the fragile bud of a new kind of relationship had been growing.

"What about you?" She meowed casually.

"We could make something nice for Sootstorm, I'm sure he'd be ecstatic if you gifted him something." Nectarpaw smiled coyly at Ferntwist, amused by her own suggestion.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Overdue Trip [closed]   An Overdue Trip [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

An Overdue Trip [closed]
Page 1 of 1