Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5885

Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c) Empty
PostSubject: Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c)   Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c) EmptyTue 30 May 2023 - 11:53

Padding through the dimly lit forest alongside Murkyripple, Curlyfluff gave his long, curly pelt a shake. With all that had been happening and with all of the attention being brought to ThunderClan, the last thing he wanted to do was sit around at camp. Perhaps there were more of those strange wild cats lurking about… or worse. The unknown was simply far too vast for the curly-coated tom to fathom, and he hated the constant feeling of uneasiness that had settled over him as of late. He didn’t want to dislike any-cat in particular, but bringing strangers to their home at an already difficult time… it was too much all at once.

Luckily for him, he wasn’t the only one who felt this way. In fact, he was sure that most of his clanmates felt the same or at least similarly, one of them being Murkyripple. Well, at least he’d assumed the tortoiseshell molly felt similarly to him; seeing as though she was a fearless and loyal clanmate. She seemed kept to herself most of the time, but after all of the attention being brought to her and her littermates, he couldn’t help but wonder if in a way she appreciated every-cat’s eyes being off her pelt and onto the wild-cats… though he wouldn’t dare bring up such a sensitive subject, not for the moment anyway…

He did however want to spend some time with his older clanmate, even if that meant just going on a patrol; and so that’s exactly what they’d decided on doing. She’d explained that she was more of a ‘night owl’ and seeing as though he was a “roll with the paw-strikes” kind of tom, he’d happily agreed. Though, when he actually thought about it, he hadn’t gone on many patrols after the sun had set. There was certainly a different feel to the air, mostly from the lack of birdsong, but he didn’t find himself disliking the overall stillness that hung over the forest.

“I bet you’ve had lots of quality time with your own thoughts at this hour,” the lilac-grey tom chuckled softly as the two of them continued onwards to nowhere in particular. They hadn’t even discussed much of a plan, but he supposed at least patrolling and making sure no other strangers were lurking about was better than nothing.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c) VHQrlk5
Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c) 1QYZaRo

Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c) Molex311
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c)   Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c) EmptyFri 2 Jun 2023 - 19:43

Murkyripple
“I welcome the shadows like a long-lost friend.”

Out of all of her clanmates, perhaps the only one that she felt the least amount of annoyance towards was Thrushnose, followed by Curlyfluff. The tom had managed to cement himself in the lives of her sisters, becoming a steadfast and friendly face that they could rely upon. That much had softened the tom to her, especially as he had been keen on always being there to take care of Rosepaw and Firefly. It didn't go unnoticed by the tortoiseshell molly, not in the slightest.

As he had been willing to join her on the nighttime patrol, she could only see why her sisters had found comfort in his company. Little seemed to ruffle him, as if that curly fur that he had served more of a purpose than simply holding visual appeal. It was an easy way to identify him in a crowd, that much was for sure. But beyond that, he was certainly the type of tom who was more than willing to be flexible if it met the needs of his clanmates. Deep down, she couldn't help but hope he didn't bend to their wills too much, lest he bit a bit too soft-hearted for the forest.

At his note about the way she spent time with the night, Murkyripple nodded. She did her best to bring a kind smile to her maw, but truth be told, it felt more like a curse to her at times. "It has had... an odd effect. I apologize for my curt way of speaking: spending a lot of time with myself has made me very aware of how I am, but not of my clanmates." It certainly showed in her tone. It was tight, almost formal as she spoke. Like she were attempting to address one of the leaders. She was critically aware of it too, her head ducking in apology. To say that she had a hard time connecting with her clanmates was... an understatement.

She had a routine path that she followed through the territory that had her weave about its forested path, allowing her to cover a maximum amount of territory in the shortest amount of time. It also allowed her to best check for predators that may have been lurking in their home. Truth be told, Murkyripple felt like one herself at times. A foreigner. "What do... you think of... recent events?" Her voice paused as she tried to search for words, eventually coming out with the sentence. What had first ran through her mind was certainly a much more blunt version, and so she had forced herself to stop and think. Make her words better, nicer. Truly think before she spoke. After all, it would do no good if she offended him so early into the patrol.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5885

PostSubject: Re: Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c)   Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c) EmptyMon 5 Jun 2023 - 19:40

Listening as the tortoiseshell molly spoke, he appreciated her honesty with him. It wasn't an easy task speaking about one's faults and even he wasn't a master at talking about his own. Accepting her apologetic head nod with a purr as a reply, he continued to follow her. The pair weaved through the forest, making sure not to get their pelts snagged on prickly bushes while also making sure to be diligent about keeping an eye out for any predators or unwanted strangers. The two of them continued onwards for a little ways before she spoke up again and his tuft-covered ears perked up at her words.

"I'll be honest, I'm not quite sure. It's all happened so fast; between Batsong's news at the gathering and those strangers being accepted into our home..." he began, trying his best word his thoughts simply and not begin to ramble on, seeing as though his patrol companion was one of fewer words. "I... I just want ThunderClan to be safe. I hope that's not too much to ask for," he spoke plainly, his eyes filled with worry and uncertainty. "While I promise you that I don't think any differently of you or your siblings after what Batsong shared, such attention on our pelts certainly can't be a good thing. And now we have wild cats amongst our ranks... even if they mean well, what happens when the other clans find out? We'll be even more of a target," the lavender-pelted warrior mewed worryingly. Oh Stars, so much for keeping it quick.

Ducking his head in an embarrassed way, he averted his gaze from her's, hoping he hadn't said too much for her liking. "What do you think?" Curlyfluff asked in a more hushed tone than before.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c) VHQrlk5
Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c) 1QYZaRo

Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c) Molex311
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c)   Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c) EmptyThu 8 Jun 2023 - 7:28

Murkyripple
“I welcome the shadows like a long-lost friend.”

A strong part of the night-dwelling molly had expected short, quipped answers as a result of her shorter responses. After all, it seemed that she unintentionally set the tone for whatever conversation she joined in, somehow unable to prevent her mannerisms from dwelling or intimidating the way she exchanged words on a topic. Thankfully, though, that seemed far from the case as Curlyfluff opened up about his thoughts on it all. Murkyripple nodded encouragement for the tom to keep going at first, as he seemed to stop himself short for her own sake. As one left with her own thoughts more often than not, simply being able to listen to a voice that was not her own for a change was more than welcomed. One ear stayed alert at the forest in front of them, but the other had curled to listen to what the tom spoke. For the most part, all of his sentiments she agreed with.

To show her gratitude towards being opened up to, Murkyripple stepped to the side just enough so she could give the tom a playful shoulder-bump. A silent way of telling him, It's okay. No need to duck away. After all, those words certainly didn't find themselves to her maw. It was much easier for the molly to act, rather than say. But he had prompted her for her thoughts, and her thoughts she would give. "The forest does seem to be hitting Thunderclan very quickly, with one blow after another." She didn't want to truly keep the topic on her lineage, but her head turned to Curlyfluff so she could give him a blink of gratitude. It felt as if she had been slowly pushed out of the clan ever since she chose to dwell during the night, and that truth had done no assistance.

"Mottlestar has good relations with Skyclan and Riverclan. Hopefully, those can turn into an alliance, and we can dodge the storm the forest is sending at us." It was a good summary of how she felt about it all. Having allies would mean they could be safer, particularly against Windclan. Shadowclan... her chest tightened at the idea of thinking about them. How did she feel about Shadowclan? Part of her felt she should have some deep-down allegiance towards them, but she knew how that entire clan would look her way. With disgust. She was lesser-than to them. The symbol of their failed leader. But at the same time... their very name was what called to her at night. Taking some time to think longer, the tip of her tail fluttered as the thoughts took time to assemble into cohesive words and not just abstract projections that made sense only to the warrior whose mind they resided in.

"We need to come closer as a Clan. Find our strength again. For one hurt or another, the clan is not together. Mottlestar can only take on so much, but it will break her. Has broken her." She knew too well how the recent events had taken not one, but two lives from their leader. It was hard for Murkyripple to also look at her in the lense of her mother. There was... a lot of repairing that needed done. Between all of them. "How is Rosepaw? Firefly?" She found herself asking, once more placing the conversational mouse back in Curlyfluff's paws.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c)   Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

Don’t stir murky waters if you don’t know what creatures dwell beneath the surface (c)
Page 1 of 1