Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Between Siblings [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

Between Siblings [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Between Siblings [closed]   Between Siblings [closed] EmptySat 20 May 2023 - 8:04

Murkyripple
“I welcome the shadows like a long-lost friend.”

She had healed enough to leave the medicine den after a trip to Fawnshine, having lied through her teeth as to who had given her the injuries. Silently, between sisters, it was an agreement that there had been a badger attack. Easy enough to explain what had happened to her face, to her body. They had enough on their backs at the moment, there was no need to bring the wrath of their mother upon them. If anything, they had plenty of wrath to give back at the moment.

So she sought out her brother. He was perhaps the only other cat in the Clan who had the ability to keep her own temper in check. Somehow, he had purely inherited the calm spirit that was practically embodied day in and day out by the small tortoiseshell who was meant to be leading their clan. But for once, she wanted to be away from it all. Away from being the silent night sentry that always served dutifully, not questioning anything but furthering her ability to become a lethal warrior. A night killer. Part of her finally understood why she always stuck to the shadows, why she enjoyed the darkness. Another part of her couldn't shake the image of staring at the leader across the Thunderpath that one day, that nagging feeling finally understood. Recognition.

She had his eyes, his body, perhaps even his temperament. It was something she vowed to ignore, but in part, she couldn't shake. But for the moment, it left her mind as she found Thrushnose. "Congratulations again on your name, Thrushnose. It's about time." She chuffed. "We should spar. I want to see how well Eveningmoon taught you." Her feathered tail stayed straight, flicking just at the tip with hope. After all, she enjoyed having new sparring partners, but had made it a personal rule not to fight her siblings while they were apprentices unless they had asked. But now? He was practically fair game.

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1478

PostSubject: Re: Between Siblings [closed]   Between Siblings [closed] EmptySun 21 May 2023 - 1:59

thrushnose

Thrushnose.

The name was still foreign on his tongue, like the taste of a freshly-gathered herb after a rainstorm. Though, by no means was it as bitter, or sour on his tongue as any other possible forages that the medicine cat of their clan might've gathered; it was a name he was granted by his own mother, a legacy name left to be remembered generations on end. A part of him feared he might not be able to live up to the reputation the name inherited, though if Mottlestar had trusted him so much as to assign him the name—he might as well go with it. He had practiced saying it a few times, mentally, to remind himself that was the name he had to look up to as inspiration, and motivation now.

My mother's past mentor. I have to try my best.

Still, there was an internal conflict that churned in his stomach. It wasn't from his new name, or the fact that he was now a new warrior—or even the reality of being the son of ThunderClan's leader that weighed the expectations down on him. It was something he had (thankfully) have the opportunity to mention with his mother before, attempting to see the situation in the most objective way he could; at least much better in comparison to how his sisters have handled it. He carried the blood of Nightstar, that ShadowClan leader. But so did they. Still, that didn't make him care for them any less. Even with Firefly's blunt temperaments, or Murkyripple's more aloof personality, they were still his littermates. His siblings. And in no way would he ever intentionally abandon them—he still wished for Firefly's safe return, whenever her appearance would reappear in Thunderclan.

He had been laying to himself, lost in thought when suddenly snapped back to reality at his sister's call. Yellow irises opened to reveal the sight of Murkyripple standing in front of himself, a small smile spreading across his maw from her congratulations. "Thanks, Murkyripple." He purred, chuckling softly in reply. At the mention of sparring, his eyes lit up, and the tom promptly rose to his paws. He allowed himself to bend down for a satisfying stretch, ears pulled back in a yawn. Once feeling more refreshed, he nodded, motioning for her to follow him out of the entryway that led outside. "I'd say he taught me pretty well. Let's go out to see who's better, hm?" He grinned, teasingly. Still, though it was all in a sense of light-hearted fun, he expected his skills would have improved greatly since his apprenticeship.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Between Siblings [closed]   Between Siblings [closed] EmptySun 21 May 2023 - 15:43

Murkyripple

It was to Murkyripple's solace that she at least knew that her sister was safe. She fully understood her desire not to return to camp, separating herself to work through whatever frustrations still rippled like monsters beneath her sister's fire-licked pelt. The shadow-esque sentry, on the other hand, had found most of her outward turmoil quelled by the fight with her kin.

That wasn't the goal of her fight with Thrushnose today. If it was, she would have likely just hunted down Firefly again. It was hard to deny, however, the roll of excitement that came off of the both of them from her suggestion. The way her brother's eyes lit up send the warrior's gaze matching that excitement, and with a singular nod, she signaled the tom to follow. Soon enough, they were at the Sandy Hollow, the familiar territory bringing an odd bit of comfort to the molly. Murkyripple spent quite a bit of time here, considering her persistent need to train.

"Alright. Normal spar rules. No claws, if teeth hit too hard we double-tap with our tails. Stuns are fine, but try not to send each other back to Fawnshine's den. I think she'd have my ears if I ended up back in there." A unique smile flashed on her face as she took a few strides away from the tom. Hopping on her paws, she turned, bowing before her 'opponent.' "Let's see what you've got, Thrushie." She purred, her tail rippling in full before she launched herself forward.

While it would have been easy for her to go right to stunning her brother, that wasn't how she wanted this to play out. She truly wanted to see his skills. So instead, as she came at him, her maw parted in an attempt to go right for his scruff, ready to grab at his shoulder or leg if she needed to.

Murkyripple "used" snap! She "dealt" 8 damage and used 7 stamina.

Thrushnose
22 / 30 HP -8
80 / 80 SP

Murkyripple
50 / 50 HP
113 / 120 SP -7

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Between Siblings [closed]   Between Siblings [closed] EmptySun 21 May 2023 - 21:14

thrushnose

(OOC: That being said, feel free to have Murky give Thrush an accidental scar if you'd like.  Winky Ghost )

"I reckon she wouldn't all be too pleased to see either of us earning a couple more scars from sparring, Murky." Thrushnose purred, barely being able to hold back a warm trill from escaping his throat. Chuckling, he returned his sister's bow with a gracious one of his own, amusement glinting in his eyes as he rose. Flexing his paws against the earth, his gaze shifted to something more serious to meet Murkyripple's gaze, paws quick in reflex as she launched herself at him.

Fortunately managing to duck himself under before her teeth had a firm grasp on his scruff, he made a sharp turn to face her tail. His teeth nipped just hard enough to grip on without the intention of causing too much harm, twisting sharply to knock her off balance. While it was quite clear that she was more than capable enough of stunning him at the moment, he noticed she allowed him to have the first—or rather, second move of action. "No harsh feelings, yeah?" He laughed lightly, shaking his head after he releases the hold on her tail.

Thrushnose used Tail Yank for 15 SP, dealing 7 damage!

Thrushnose
22/30 HP
65/80 SP (-15)

Murkyripple
43/50 HP (-7)
113/120 SP

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Between Siblings [closed]   Between Siblings [closed] EmptySun 28 May 2023 - 10:51

Murkyripple

Oh, he was good. Much better than she had initially been prepared to give him credit for, and that delight was quick to light a blaze behind her amber eyes. His move certainly had knocked her off of balance, as she truly hadn't anticipated him going for her tail, and she staggered a bit. "None at all. Always stun as soon as you can." She confirmed, a wild tone inflecting her words with much more life and vibrance than was the norm for the molly. She regained her steps rather quickly, the risen fur along her spine flattening as she spun around to strike at his muzzle.

Unfortunately for the both of them, it would seem Murkyripple hadn't fully recovered out of her stun. That extra claw on the side of her paw managed to strike at Thrushnose's... well, nose. She felt it bite into his muzzle, and her shock only tugged it back more harshly, ultimately making the wound just that much more worse. "No..!" Panic was quick to register into her eyes. The warrior recoiled away, looking almost as if she had also been hurt, and gingerly approached her brother. For a cat who didn't enjoy the company of others, her brother was certainly a soft spot. "Thrushnose... I-I'm so sorry! Are you okay? Did I get you too badly?" Worry peppered her tone in the rare way that resembled their mother. It was just a scratch but - she knew how to control her paws better than that. Much better than that. Not even during her fight with Firefly had she been this careless.

Murkyripple used Random Recall + Front Paw Strike! She dealt 8 damage and used 12 stamina.
And is now filled with regret.

Thrushnose
14/30 HP (-8)
65/80 SP

Murkyripple
43/50 HP
101/120 SP (-12)

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Between Siblings [closed]   Between Siblings [closed] EmptyThu 1 Jun 2023 - 5:09

thrushnose

The pain that bit into his muzzle was immediate, and Thrushnose could not contain a panicked yelp from escaping his maw as the impact jolted through his senses. He attempted to back away with a sharp wince, hissing under his breath from the abrupt tug of his sister's claw. While it was most likely coincidental, he felt the nerves rising in him as he stumbled back, pulling himself away from the hook of her claw. "I'm—I'm okay." He tried to reassure her, a poor smile falling upon his face as he shook his head and licked his nose, hoping the scratch would not have been damaged too heavily. Well, again, it was just a small injury, but seeing Murkyripple so panicked made him feel as if he was supposed to feel guilty instead, for making her worry. It was as if her reaction had more of an impact on him rather than the actual sore.

"It can be treated by Fawnshine, or Echopaw if she's busy. It's not that deep of a scratch." He chuckled, feeling his ears pull back slightly from the pain. Still, he was trying not to be overdramatic about it, for the sake of his own mentality as well as his sister's. "Plus, I bet it's just an accident, yeah? It's alright. Stuff like that happens all the time in spars." He shakes his head and sits himself down to rub at his nose, attempting not to flinch from the sudden sting. "Maybe we should stop for today now, though. Just in case." He smiled, rising to his paws again to gently lick at her ear, hoping to convince her that he was alright. "Is that alright with you?"

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Between Siblings [closed]   Between Siblings [closed] EmptyThu 8 Jun 2023 - 7:34

Murkyripple

At least he said he was okay. Even then, she couldn't help the way her ears pinned to her head out of guilt. Of all cats that she would ever use her claws against, Thrushnose was the very last. She would rather have to fight her mother to the death before even using one claw against her sibling, and yet... here she was. Further guilt only seemed to well within her entire body as it felt like instead of focusing on the actually injured warrior, it was her panic that now was being soothed. Her head rubbed apologetically across his shoulder, her entire body following through on the gesture. "Yes. We should go back to camp now... I would like Fawnshine or Echopaw to check it over. Waiting could mean worse consequences." She tried not to say it out loud, but the fear of infection was the first thing to come to Murkyripple's mind. She kept her claws clean, near pristine even, but she was fretting like a mother over their newborn kit.

"No hard feelings, Thrushnose? I-I still want to spar, but perhaps when I can better control my claws." She asked, somewhat sheepishly. For a she-cat who prided herself on her wins, this was one she was more than ready to forfeit as she turned to lead them both back towards camp. At the moment, she was preparing herself for the verbal lashing that no doubt was about to come her way from either of the medicine cats.

Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Between Siblings [closed]   Between Siblings [closed] EmptyMon 12 Jun 2023 - 7:35

thrushnose

"Of course. No harsh feelings taken. We can spar again in the future if you're still up for it." Thrushnose nodded at the words of his sister, his tone gentle and soft, hoping to ease her panic by providing a calming smile. He could still feel the sharp pain jolt through his nose whenever he breathed in, and he had to bite his tongue back from wincing and worrying her, but it was manageable enough for him to not complain all the way back home. Not that he was offended by her accidental blow, anyway. Mistakes happened all the time. With a nod of agreement, the two warriors walked back to camp silently, Thrushnose still trying his best to soothe Murkyripple's concerns all the way back.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Between Siblings [closed]   Between Siblings [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Between Siblings [closed]
Page 1 of 1