Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

climb a mountain to turn around [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

climb a mountain to turn around [C] Empty
PostSubject: climb a mountain to turn around [C]   climb a mountain to turn around [C] EmptyTue 16 May 2023 - 5:08

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Footfalls echoed softly off the walls off the hollow den. Birdstar was pacing back and forth across the width of the space, brow furrowed in thought. It’d been a few days since Ravenclaw and Bloodstrike spoke with her, and their mutual request lingered in her mind every hour since. She’d made her decision as soon as they asked, but she wrestled with herself anyway. Beechfang was going to come back to SkyClan– hopefully, at least –and that would be that. The assurance made her snort at herself.

Eventually, Birdstar forced herself to stop her circling, breathing for a moment before padding towards the exit. She would wear a chasm in the floor of her den before she stopped pacing if she didn’t drag herself out, and she’d just remembered she was planning on telling Wolfblossom today. Maybe talking it over would even put her fussing to rest.

She paused a few steps outside, looking over camp until she spotted Wolfblossom. Birdstar padded over quickly, affectionately nudging her sister’s shoulder and mewing, “Hey, Wolf,” when she approached. “You aren’t busy now, are you? Have a minute to talk?”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5641

PostSubject: Re: climb a mountain to turn around [C]   climb a mountain to turn around [C] EmptyTue 16 May 2023 - 6:48

Wolfblossom led Graywind into camp, the pair dropping their catches onto the fresh-kill pile. It had been a quiet hunt, both seeming wrapped up in their own thoughts, though grateful to spend time with family. Graywind trotted off toward the warrior den, while Wolfblossom settled near the edge of camp. Graywind was avoiding her like her sibling was, at least. Falconmoon had become a tricky cat to pin down lately, and the next time Wolfblossom managed to catch him she was dragging him on a patrol whether he wanted to or not. After everything that had happened recently she needed to check in on him, and with Bloodstrike's theory still fresh in her mind, Wolfblossom... Had no idea how to approach things. A flash of golden fur caught her eye, though it was only Dawnfeather on the other side of the clearing. A quiet huff escaped Wolfblossom as her gaze swept over the clearing. She caught sight of Birdstar exiting her den... Heading toward her. A smile flickered at the edge of her maw as her expression brightened.

"Hey," A purr rumbled in the deputy's chest as she pressed against her sister affectionately. "I'm not, what's up?" Hopefully nothing too concerning, but Wolfblossom couldn't help the feeling of worry in her gut.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: climb a mountain to turn around [C]   climb a mountain to turn around [C] EmptySun 21 May 2023 - 22:53

Birdstar let herself return the deputy’s smile, expression warming from the purrs. “Good,” she murmured, end of her tail swishing. Instead of answering, Birdstar jerked her head over her shoulder in the direction she’d just come from. A frown twitched at the edge of her easy smile, but she turned away before it showed and padded back towards her den.

Birdstar moved right to her nest when she entered the space, sitting stiffly atop the bedding. She dipped her head in acknowledgement when Wolfblossom followed her, but Birdstar was quiet for a few moments after, gathering her thoughts. Eventually, she slowly said, “Ravenclaw and Bloodstrike spoke to me the other day. They happened to approach me at the same time about separate issues, but it turned out they wanted the same thing.” Her nostrils flared through a deep breath and she pulled her scrunched attention away from the walls.

“They both wanted to bring mom home.” The words left a soft echo in their wake. Birdstar hesitated through the quiet, whiskers twitching, before she just sighed and continued on. “Ravenclaw said that none of them are… getting younger. Bloodstrike said I let him return home so he would be at rest here, when his time came. That, and that it wasn’t me that made any promises to Perchstar. I told them yes. I… couldn’t say no, I guess. Not when I let in WindClan strays.” She laughed once, and while it was dry, it was genuine too. “I imagine she can stay away from Fourtrees, from the river… and no one besides SkyClan will be concerned with it.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: climb a mountain to turn around [C]   climb a mountain to turn around [C] EmptyMon 22 May 2023 - 10:43

Birdstar didn't answer, instead turning back toward her den. Wolfblossom was quick to follow, sitting across from her sister. Her tail flicked across the ground as she waited for Birdstar to speak. She seemed distracted, and Wolfblossom simply waited. Whatever it was, Birdstar wouldn't remain quiet for long, she knew.

So Bloodstrike and Ravenclaw wanted to bring mother home. The news earned a slow blink from the deputy, tail curling over her paws as she gazed at Birdstar while she continued. This hadn't been the news she expected, but it was better than many of the thoughts that had been swirling in her head as of late. The reminder that none of them were getting any younger made the deputy frown, a soft huff leaving her. She'd noticed the way Bloodstrike was moving, as of late, and taken care to keep him from sky patrols and limb patrols. The old tom hadn't protested... Yet. If he were less busy, perhaps he would. And Dawnfeather too, had begun to show flecks of gray around her muzzle. Perhaps the pair of them simply showed the signs of their age due to plenty of stress and sickness... But they were still getting older. All of them were.

"They're right. We made no promises to Perchstar, and she can learn to keep her nose within her borders." She had said much the same when Bloodstrike had been allowed back into the clan, and Wolfblossom would stand by it.

"...Do you think mom wants to come back? You've spoken with her more than I have recently, I think." Wolfblossom didn't like admitting it, but it was true. Recently might've been a generous term given it was late newleaf now, but that point was still true. "I don't believe she'd argue about staying away from gatherings or the river, though. And our clanmates should know better than to tell anyone, I would hope." There had been some outcry over Silverwing joining the clan, but another clan's exile was quite different than their own exile, surely. Most of their clanmates were young enough to not remember Beechfang's exile, with the two who did and weren't exactly family having left the clan. She would be a stranger to many of them, but one that Wolfblossom hoped could be reintegrated into the clan without too much trouble. "I'll offer the same concessions about patrols as was done with Bloodstrike." And then there was the matter of Falconmoon... Bloodstrike's recollection of Dawnhawk's misdeeds, Beechfang's reaction to seeing him when that patrol had returned to camp from fourtrees... This was something she couldn't hide from her sister, much as she hated to even bring it up.

"You haven't... Spoken to Falconmoon recently, have you? Stars know he's been a difficult cat to pin down. He worries me, especially after that outburst." Now her ears finally flattened as she glanced up at Birdstar, claws kneading into the den's floor uneasily. "I'm not sure if you remember when you led that patrol back from fourtrees and he came bounding up to us, excited. Bloodstrike was trying to say something to mom, and her reaction was... Odd." Wolfblossom grimaced. "Bloodstrike confirmed that the nightmare Falconmoon had was a real event. He thinks that my son is either... having these dreams sent to him, or that he... is Dawnhawk, somehow. I... really, really want him to be wrong." Her tail lashed once, claws digging into the sandy floor of the den. "What Bloodstrike told me... Falconmoon isn't capable of that." She wanted desperately to believe it.

"I haven't approached Falconmoon with this foxdung because I'm not sure how to. He has enough dealing with these nightmares at all, without adding something even more unsettling to them. I wonder if mom could maybe shed some light on it, but I don't know... I'm almost afraid to risk it. If mom comes back - and I want her back, she belongs in Skyclan, I worry for how any potential interactions might go." She had never thought their mother being in Skyclan again might be a possibility. Now that it was, she hated how conflicted she felt. "Tell me I'm being overprotective for the sake of it."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: climb a mountain to turn around [C]   climb a mountain to turn around [C] EmptyMon 22 May 2023 - 21:02

Wolfblossom’s response mirrored her own when the question had first been asked. Pensive, but there wasn’t any protest. “I don’t know, honestly.” Birdstar struggled to imagine their mother refusing. She didn’t want to imagine Beechfang refusing. But the thought had crossed her mind, too, and it made her nose wrinkle to think of it now. Shaking her head, she just nodded along. Wolfblossom agreed with what she’d already said, and for the moment, that was good enough for her.

Then the conversation shifted, along with Wolfblossom’s demeanor. If she knew better, she might admit Falconmoon had been more than hard to pin down– he’d suddenly become a shadow among the Clan. Birdstar moved to sit beside her sister rather than opposite her, muttering wordless sympathies as she settled. The unease suddenly rippling from Wolfblossom crept through her own pelt, but she bit her tongue and kept as much of the discomfort from her expression as she could.

The return from Fourtrees… she hadn’t noticed the two talking. In fact, it’d been Falconmoon she was talking to– she remembered that clearly, the near-forgotten promise to take him fox hunting springing suddenly to mind. The memory made her blink slowly through Wolfblossom’s next words. Despite her attempt to look impassive, her hackles rose. At least that was better than recoiling the way she wanted to. To think… Birdstar’s teeth pressed harder against her tongue to suppress a shiver. She couldn’t think of a kit really being broken against the den walls she’d grown up within. She couldn’t think of Falconmoon doing that.

For a second, it made her fur warm with anger. That Bloodstrike would suggest it… that it was possible. Her own tail lashed moments after Wolfblossom’s. Falconmoon couldn't be Dawnhawk, and there was no reason for him to be sent Dawnhawk’s memories.

She hoped.

The frustration drained when Wolfblossom spoke again, and matching nerves returned in its wake. Birdstar’s eyes had wandered, staring unfocused at a distant corner of the den, but she shook out her fur and turned attentively back. She couldn’t keep the tightness from her features now. “I hope you are,” she muttered after a stretch of silence. Shaking her head, Birdstar went on, “I’m not... I know Falconmoon would never do anything that he dreams about, but… that’s going to bother me, too.” She wanted to think it was just the shock of the news that made her so agitated, but she could already think of herself pacing in circles again days from now, brooding over Falconmoon instead of Beechfang.

Beechfang… “She does have a choice.” Birdstar spoke slowly. “We could tell her what we think, and if she doesn’t want to be around…” The leader trailed off, brow furrowing. “But it’s Falconmoon. He’s nothing like that. He's a good cat." He wasn’t the monster Beechfang tried to bury. Birdstar’s tail thumped against the ground. “You don’t think I’d get any answers if I went to the Moonstone, do you?” The thought alone made her want to laugh. Sure, she believed in them, but StarClan rarely wanted to be helpful. They certainly hadn’t been so far.

After a heavy sigh, “I… honestly don’t know, Wolf. We won’t let anything happen, though. Maybe if she just knows….” Birdstar wasn't sure what she hoped would come of it. She didn't like the thought of it being something worse. "She can decide if she wants to come home then. At least she'd know what she's coming home to. But Falconmoon..." Hopefully, he hadn't heard the connections his distant family was making. But if Bloodstrike was right, he ought to know. But- "He doesn't have to know now, especially when we aren't sure what it really is. Maybe we find mom first, see what she thinks, what she says... then we decide how to talk to him. I'm praying Bloodstrike is terribly wrong and there's nothing to talk to him about."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: climb a mountain to turn around [C]   climb a mountain to turn around [C] EmptyTue 23 May 2023 - 9:50

Birdstar moved to sit beside her, and Wolfblossom leaned into her sister's pelt for a moment. "I've never wanted someone to be dead wrong more than I do Bloodstrike." She muttered finally. "I know Falconmoon has to be more desperate for answers than we are. But this can't be it." It couldn't be.

When has Starclan ever been helpful? She wanted to ask her sister, "It would be worth a try, right? What's the worst they could say? Nothing?" If that were the case, there was no loss except the time taken to travel to the moonstone and back.

The idea of telling Beechfang... She remembered the expression of pain on Bloodstrike's face. "If we want her back where she belongs, she'll need to know. Or she'll guess at it on her own." The idea of that made her grimace. Wolfblossom loved her mother, but the old tabby was not known for anything resembling patience. Or thinking before she leaped. Maybe that had changed with time, but Beechfang had been largely absent from her life since she was an apprentice precisely because of those traits. The idea that she might come home filled Wolfblossom with as much unease as it did excitement. "Maybe she'll have an idea we don't." Wolfblossom tried to offer some optimism, but she feared that their mother's thoughts on the matter would be just as Bloodstrike's were, and perhaps less charitable. She didn't like the way her thoughts circled.

"When do you plan to go looking for her?" Despite her fretting over Falconmoon, Beechfang was her mother, too. "I wouldn't think this would make as much of a stir as Silverwing's presence did, right?" She hoped not, at least.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: climb a mountain to turn around [C]   climb a mountain to turn around [C] EmptyThu 1 Jun 2023 - 18:47

“If you think it would be worth it. We both know we won’t get anything helpful, but,” Birdstar shrugged against her sister’s weight, tail sweeping idly over the den floor. “I don’t mind going to Highstones. I suppose crypticism is better than nothing.” But hopefully their ancestors would have something to say, if she sought them out. Maybe she would catch StarClan in a good mood, and she would get a straight answer. She scoffed at the thought. It'd be easier just to start looking for Beechfang, which–

“I hadn’t decided yet. Sometime soon.” she shifted, shoulders rolling again. “I wanted to tell you first, but I doubted it’d be long after. I could even start looking for her tomorrow.” That was little time to put some sense to this, or to decide what, exactly, to say to Beechfang. But there was no reason to not at least look for her, and she only had to worry if she got lucky and found Beechfang the very next day.

“A former, respected member of SkyClan shouldn’t cause half as much trouble as a WindClan exile,” Birdstar huffed, “but being exiled over WindClan’s mess with ShadowClan and being exiled for murder are… different.” Whatever her feelings were on the matter– more complicated than when she was apprentice, but still believing it was justified –it was a heinous crime to many cats, and SkyClan’s ranks had changed greatly over Beechfang’s exile. There weren’t many left among them that knew her beyond gossip or the rare sighting in the middle of catastrophe. “I can give her a few days, to think about it. A few days for us to tell the Clan, too, before half of the apprentice’s jump out of their fur when she comes back. And I guess… we’ll see what she says, whenever we find her.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: climb a mountain to turn around [C]   climb a mountain to turn around [C] EmptyFri 2 Jun 2023 - 12:53

"I'm glad you told me." She nodded, "Silverwing was a surprise, but I like her. I think she'll do fine once she gets used to things." Their clanmates who hadn't been thrilled would also get used to it. Silverwing seemed friendly and open, she'd win them over in no time.

"Very different, yeah. Seeing how Windclan has acted recently... They seem like they want to throw away capable warriors and the goodwill of the rest of the clans. They have the right to, of course, it's no loss to us."

"I can't see how she'd possibly scare the apprentices at all." Wolfblossom scoffed, a hint of amusement in her blue eyes. Beechfang was intimidating even at the best of times. But some warning would alleviate any backlash from an outside rejoining them, she hoped. "I think Dawnfeather will be happy to see her, if she chooses to return." Dawnfeather, Ravenclaw, Bloodstrike... Spottedfrog she wasn't close with and that needed to change, but they were the few old enough to remember Beechfang outside of Wolfblossom and her siblings. It was a strange thought to think of how most of the clan were now younger than they were. "I'll leave you to it, then. Just... Don't get lost out there, alright?" The tension from earlier had faded however, and Wolfblossom stood to go.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: climb a mountain to turn around [C]   climb a mountain to turn around [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

climb a mountain to turn around [C]
Page 1 of 1