Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

chitter chatter [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

chitter chatter [closed] Empty
PostSubject: chitter chatter [closed]   chitter chatter [closed] EmptyFri May 05, 2023 12:12 pm

egretpaw
“is it really so wrong to dream?”

Egretpaw looked at the world around her with widened eyes. There had been much she had seen with Rowansong, but even this was beyond what she had yet been shown. Unfamiliar, and so, so many stimuli to take in. To process. To decipher. To decide whether it was useful information or simply part of the muttled tones of life that tried to drown out the voices that truly deserved the attention she wished to give. Her feathery tail rippled as she followed closely behind her motherly figure, her ears pointing straight forward. If they acted on their perpetual swivel, they'd disturb the sounds she was already fighting so hard to filter out. Not to mention the way that new smells hit her nose with an intensity that had her maw parting. Somehow, it made them not blend so harshly together. More sortable.

"Mother, where are we going?" She called out, wishing for some type of clarification as to just what they were doing. Brick - Harebounce - had simply approached her and said it was time. Time for what, exactly, she didn't know. A deep fear stirred inside of her that it was to abandon her to whatever fate she was first left to as a kit that had put her in the warrior's care in the first place. That fear seemed to permeate deeper into her mind, and whatever filter she had placed on the world was gone. The non-threatening swishes of grass were suddenly bad omens to a predator about to maul her, to take her straight to her doom. Whatever glances Brick sent was to find a place to dispose of her body.

Furiously, the apprentice stopped to shake her head, to clear those thoughts from her mind. She had to calm her racing heart. This was no way to act towards the cat who had shown her so much love and care. So why was she afraid of being abandoned?

code by kiiko • edited by kitty

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Characters : [H]Harebounce, [R]Redsun, [S]Snaildance, [M]Ramone
Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2520

PostSubject: Re: chitter chatter [closed]   chitter chatter [closed] EmptyFri May 05, 2023 3:35 pm

It was time. Nostalgia filled Brick's heart as she occasionally glanced back at Milk. This was something she had done before with each of her children, as was their right and as part of the Asylum tradition. Though it seemed the further they walked the more uneasy the child grew, to the point where Harebounce could feel the waves of anxiety rolling towards her even when her eyes weren't on the young cat. What was going on inside her head? In any case, it just made her feel even more like a member of the family, what with their minds going wherever they chose. She had to wonder if Milk wasn't her blood kin in some way that they would never know. Despite both of their wandering minds, they eventually reached their destination.

The older warrior angled her body to face Egretpaw before moving to give her an affectionate lick right on her forehead. "We're going to do something I did with each of your siblings before you. We're here to get you a pelt! When I was your age, my sister and I were sent out to get ourselves some pelts and from then on, she wore a fox and I wore a hare." Brick needed another herself, as her old one had disappeared when she'd been taken by the Twolegs to that strange place. The same place she had found Milk. "You get to decide what you want. You don't have to find anything today, but if you see something with a pelt you want to wear, then bam!" She smacked her paw down for effect. "We'll get it." She brushed her tail affectionately along the white she-cat's back before encouraging her further into the lines of plants. What quarry would Egretpaw find?

"Close your eyes, I'll be here in the mornin'."
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: chitter chatter [closed]   chitter chatter [closed] EmptyFri May 05, 2023 5:57 pm

egretpaw

"...So you are not bringing me out here to die, Mother?"

The words slipped out of her mouth before she could even control them, and the startled shock that quickly plastered the apprentice's face probably made up for whatever disappointment now likely went through Brick. The comforting touches that were soon brought after worked in breaking the alabaster feline from her otherwise stunned silence, to which she was quick to press up against the molly's side. "I am sorry - I did not mean it like that! I was just... I am scared of losing you, mother. Am I really ready for a pelt?" Admiration was quick to come in her eyes, right next to the guild that she felt over suggesting such a thing as abandonment.

She followed behind the multicolored molly, and her eyes were on a quick hunt for something that drew her attention. It was a relatively easy task, given just about everything did, but in this case... it was what drew her attention the most. Several pieces of prey seemed to skitter by, none of which that she felt she was prepared to catch. But skittering away from one of the piles of twoleg filth... it caught her attention instantly. And she was on full alert, freezing and suddenly rising to somehow appear taller. "That one." She spoke. Quick, short words as if she were afraid of scaring it away. Easily spotted within the vibrant green of their grasses was a near-white, cream-tinted pelt. A fox.

Without so much as another word, the apprentice took off running. She had a feeling that her mother knew to follow, especially given her choice. Egretpaw had enough mind to her that she slowed when she got near, circling around to approach the fox from behind... before suddenly darting out to clamp down upon its tail. And yanked. Its yowl of disdain sent a twitch of pride to her ears, and if this kept up, she'd be easily able to get her own fox pelt.

Egretpaw used Tail Yank on the fox! It dealt 7 damage and used 15 stamina - and stunned the fox for one turn!

Fox
53 / 60 HP (-7)
180 / 180 SP

Egretpaw
20 / 20 HP
45 / 60 SP (-15)

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: chitter chatter [closed]   chitter chatter [closed] EmptyFri May 05, 2023 9:02 pm

Flashes of surprise, then confusion, then sadness all played across Brick's face when her daughter spoke. So that was what she was worried about. The tortoiseshell briefly tucked her child's head beneath her own, grooming her ears. What had been done to her to cause her to think this way? Was it why she had been all alone in that place, without a parent or any siblings? She held Egretpaw firmly against her fluffy chest. "I would - will - never leave you anywhere. You are sweet Milk and you are my kit. Leaving you behind would crush my heart, so let me pick off that tick of a thought so it quits biting you."

After that, they were on the hunt. Harebounce kept her mouth agape and eyes flitting from one place to another, spotting the fox at the same moment Egretpaw did. An excellent choice. She followed quickly and quietly after her, watching to see what move she would make. The fox's yelp of pain brought delight and pride to her face. "Nice! Very smart, Milk!" She would have to commend Rowansong later if he had taught her how to be tactical. Before the fox could react to her sudden meow, Brick made her own attack by turning her run into a leap. Her outstretched claws gripped the predator's back and slammed it to the ground with her on top of it, though she quickly got off before any struggle could damage its valuable hide too badly. She shouted over the alarmed, ear-splitting shrieks of their target, "Be careful with the delicate skin - it can't heal once it's a pelt! Try to cause damage near where the fur is thickest or a place difficult to see so it's easier to hide later!" Brick moved to distract the creature so it wouldn't use its sharp teeth against her little, snow-furred Milk.

The poor fox was woefully unaware of the conversation taking place about it. It was still reeling from the sudden, sharp tug on its tail from a little white cat when another, larger cat came running, then flying towards it as it suddenly leapt and briefly knocked them both to the ground. It moved its head to snarl at the bigger of the two, the one that seemed to pose more of a threat. Though neither of these cats seemed fearful or angry, which was... very strange.

Harebounce used Jumping Strike on Fox! It caused 8 damage and used 7 stamina.

The fox is stunned for this turn.

Fox

45 / 60 HP (-8)
180 / 180 SP

Egretpaw
20 / 20 HP
45 / 60 SP

Harebounce
50 /50 HP
113 /120 SP (-7)

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: chitter chatter [closed]   chitter chatter [closed] EmptyFri May 05, 2023 9:14 pm

egretpaw

The comforting words and touch of Brick had done its trick. The gnawing at her gut had faded, allowing the snow-pelted molly to fully focus on the fox in front of her. Praise flowed into her ears, as did instructions, and Egretpaw released her grip on the creature's tail, assessing it for any too-horrendous damage. It didn't seem to be that way, allowing the apprentice to feel good about her movements once more. She didn't want to ruin her pelt before even getting it!

However, she took those words to heart, thinking about where she could slash. From her understanding, the pelt was to be worn on top of her body, so where it made most sense to strike was... its belly. Or as close to it as she could. Being as small as she was, that would be almost no problem, her claws outstretched to strike.

She watched the fox attempt to snap at Brick, though, causing the sweet little feline to continue to lash out in a brief flash of panic. As much as she wanted this pelt, the idea of it being worth her mother getting hurt didn't sound all that appealing. "Watch its teeth, mother!" She called as the fox seemed ready to bite, Milk's pale ears flashing to the back of her head as her breaths grew just a little bit heavier. It was mainly out of focus, but a slight bit of fatigue.

Egretpaw used Front Paw Strike and Desperate Blows, dealing a total of 10 (4+6) damage and using 14 (7+7) stamina.
The fox is no longer stunned!

Fox
35 / 60 HP (-10)
180 / 180 SP

Egretpaw
20 / 20 HP
31 / 60 SP (-14)

Harebounce
50 /50 HP
113 /120 SP

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: chitter chatter [closed]   chitter chatter [closed] EmptyFri May 05, 2023 10:23 pm

Both infuriated and confused, the fox thrashed and twisted its body away from the smaller cat's swipes. It would prove to these cats that it was not to be messed with!

Harebounce let out a surprised yowl when the fox leapt forward, and despite her attempt to dodge it still managed to catch her front leg near where it met her chest. Instinct told her to force it to let go as quickly as possible, if she didn't want to immediately eat the words she'd just given her daughter by going straight to StarClan. With its teeth digging into her flesh and pain coloring her voice, she swung up and struck out her hind legs with unsophisticated force to deal sharp blows on its soft underside. It didn't break the skin, but the force was enough for the creature to let go with almost a gasp, it barking and yelping with indignance right in her face. She backed a step away to catch her breath.

Blood blossomed through the white fur where she'd been bit. It was only then that Brick processed what Milk had said and she laughed to herself to ease the pain. "Well, I tried! I'll be fine. Milk, let's finish this thing off!"

Fox used Iron Bite on Harebounce, dealing 17 damage and using 30 stamina!

Harebounce attempted to use Belly Rake on Fox. It was unsuccessful. It dealt 0 damage, used 25 stamina, and Harebounce received 5 damage.

Fox

35 / 60 HP
150 / 180 SP (-30)

Egretpaw
20 / 20 HP
31 / 60 SP

Harebounce
28 /50 HP
88 /120 SP (-25)

Last edited by Holy Knight on Fri May 05, 2023 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15018

PostSubject: Re: chitter chatter [closed]   chitter chatter [closed] EmptyFri May 05, 2023 10:23 pm

The member 'Holy Knight' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

chitter chatter [closed] Mistpe10
chitter chatter [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: chitter chatter [closed]   chitter chatter [closed] EmptyFri May 05, 2023 10:35 pm

egretpaw

Milk's ears laid flat against her head in a lethal mixture of frustrated focus as the fox's teeth snapped into Brick's chest, backing away just slightly to avoid herself from becoming part of the lethal exchange of claws and teeth. Another idea rose into the young molly's mind, and she looked to her mother. "I will hold onto its back, if you kill it!" She called. She couldn't trust herself to not damage the precious hide of the creature too poorly if she was the one to deal the final blow, but she knew, she knew she could hold on in a place that wouldn't utterly ruin the creature's fur.

As such, she lept, making sure her claws held onto the thickest sides of the fox. It at least surprised it - that was for sure. Hopefully, it exposed its vital chest and neck just enough for Harebounce to do her thing.

Egretpaw used Leap and Hold, stunning the fox for 1 turn! She dealt 6 damage and used 15 stamina.

Fox

29 / 60 HP (-6)
150 / 180 SP

Egretpaw
20 / 20 HP
16 / 60 SP (-15)

Harebounce
28 /50 HP
88 /120 SP

Last edited by Kitty on Fri May 05, 2023 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15018

PostSubject: Re: chitter chatter [closed]   chitter chatter [closed] EmptyFri May 05, 2023 10:35 pm

The member 'Kitty' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

chitter chatter [closed] Mistpe10
chitter chatter [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Knight

Knight

Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: chitter chatter [closed]   chitter chatter [closed] EmptySat May 06, 2023 12:12 am

To be perfectly honest quite a bit of her brain was running about uselessly as she tried to plan her next attack while ensuring Egretpaw would stay safe. Thankfully though, her daughter had a ploy to play that would end this very quickly. She had to move fast while the animal was rendered immobile. "Yes! Good! Keep it from moving as much as you can, sweetheart." With her not-so-bloody leg she further pinned the fox's head in place, her sharp teeth finding their home just below the jawbone. It felt slow in the moment, but eventually the creature's panicked movements slowed and finally stopped.

Harebounce used KILLING BITE on Fox, dealing 9999 damage and using 10 stamina.

Fox

0 / 60 HP (-29)
150 / 180 SP

Egretpaw
20 / 20 HP
16 / 60 SP

Harebounce
28 /50 HP
78 /120 SP (-10)

She wasn't sure how much of it was whose, but Harebounce's chest was dyed redder than a robin's. The stench was getting to be a bit much already. "Ah, hold on for a moment." Brick quickly took a dip in one of the many long, narrow, oddly straight streams that marked this part of the territory, the blood rushing out from her fur. Soon enough a length of the stream was tainted with red; a few butterflies came down as if attracted to the color and began sipping from the water. Fascinated for what she realized was a moment too long, the now wet but clean she-cat bounced back to her daughter.

Loud purrs rolled from her throat as the lightly batted at Milk. "Look at you, look at you! I don't think any other apprentice can say they could hold down a fully-grown fox! I'm so proud of you." Brick pressed against her child with such affection she felt she might tip her over if she wasn't careful! "Alright, I'll show you how to prepare the pelt. You'll be doing a lot of the physical work, but don't worry, I'm right here with you. The first and most delicate step is the get the pelt off. Now it's best if you do this at a consistent speed and don't tug..."

[topic complete!]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chitter chatter [closed]   chitter chatter [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

chitter chatter [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory :: Twolegplace Farm-
Jump to: