Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

i'm not a child [c, sprucebark]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

i'm not a child [c, sprucebark] Empty
PostSubject: i'm not a child [c, sprucebark]   i'm not a child [c, sprucebark] EmptyWed 3 May 2023 - 19:37

toadlegs
riverclan | tier 2 | he/him

"all i want to do is make them proud"

Toadlegs needed guidance. Desperately. Perchstar was back, which meant that she would be looking over all of her warriors, which meant that Toadlegs was screwed. He was able to scrape by when Poppyshine was in charge, as sweet as she was, but Toadlegs was completely, one hundred percent certain that if Perchstar-- scary, cold, run-over Perchstar-- took one glance his way he'd be demoted immediately. Toadlegs simply couldn't let that happen. He'd be ridiculed endlessly.

First order of business when it came to impressing his leader was finally getting over his fear of water. He was a RiverClan cat, for the Stars sake, yet the mere thought of plunging into the river made Toadlegs shake with fear-- even if all of his other flaws were excusable, this one certainly wasn't. Therefore, Toadlegs needed a clanmate to help him learn how to swim, and fast. Every day was simply a countdown until Perch would schedule him to patrol with her.

Sprucebark was the first cat Toadlegs saw that morning when he stepped out of the warrior's den, and the tom quickly decided that he would do just fine. However, he couldn't just walk up to the senior warrior and ask him to teach him how to swim-- that would reveal that Toadlegs didn't know how, which wasn't the plan-- so an excuse formed itself in the tom's head as he ambled over to the calico warrior. "Sprucebark!" Toadlegs called, a little bouncy in his run, "I swore I saw a snake over by the riverbank just now! And it was huge-- I mean, ginormous! I needed back up! Do you mind if you helped me take it down? I'd be doing most of the work, obviously; i could've taken it myself if I wanted to, but I wanted help just in case, you know? Snakes are tricky!"

Toadlegs mouth ran much faster than his brain did. He had absolutely no idea how he was going to tie a dip in the river with a snake encounter, but it was too late to back out now.
code by kiiko + kitty • edited by zero

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2858

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a child [c, sprucebark]   i'm not a child [c, sprucebark] EmptySat 6 May 2023 - 17:04

Sprucebark was busy planning out the rest of his day. Hmm patrol, then hunt then maybe showing the apprentices something? The orderly Tom had always plans for what all he was gonna do and was always very neat, tidy, and composed.

The warrior code meant everything to him and any infractions to it were simply unacceptable.

When pawsteps came closer he glanced up and stood at attention. Toad legs was a new warrior in comparison to himself, but Sprucebark still treated him with a high amount of respect. Oh that does sound like an issue for sure! he meowed thinking about it… hmm having a snake on the lose would be dangerous to any apprentices out and stars forbid if it got into camp or the nursery.

Show me the way toad legs we will make sure that snake doesn’t hurt anyone he said going to toad legs side. Toad legs was right to seek out help and Sprucebark was more than ready to defend the clan of course because that is what the code said to do

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a child [c, sprucebark]   i'm not a child [c, sprucebark] EmptyWed 17 May 2023 - 16:04

TOADLEGS | RIVERCLAN | TIER 2

On second thought, maybe picking Sprucebark wasn't the best idea.

Now much more nervous than he had been, Toadlegs led the calico tom to the river bank as slowly as he could without being weird. He needed time to think up something smart, which wasn't really his forte, which meant that he needed as much time as he could possibly gather. Sprucebark was very kind, which Toadlegs liked immensely, but was very big on the warrior code. Toadlegs supposed that was to be accepted, seeing as he was Poppyshine's kit-- like his mother, Sprucebark was a model clanmate, and was a perfect canidate for impromtu swimming insctructor. However, the whole warrior code thing could mean that Sprucebark wouldn't take Toadlegs lying very well, which Toadlegs hadn't thought of. If Sprucebark reported him to his mother-- or, stars, Perchstar-- that would be the end for poor Toadlegs.

He was posivitely shaking in fear by the time they reached the river. "Sorry, I'm afraid of snakes..." Toadlegs shot out quickly, hoping to avoid any weird looks. Unlike everything else he had said, that was actually the truth, though if there had actually been a snake lurking around there would've been a lot more screaming on Toadlegs' end. Good thing Sprucebark didn't know him very well. "I, uh... I think it went into the water! Or the reeds, something like that. Snakes can swim, can't they?" that sudden thought didn't sit very well in Toadlegs' mind.

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2858

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a child [c, sprucebark]   i'm not a child [c, sprucebark] EmptyWed 17 May 2023 - 21:04

Sprucebark stayed right near his patrol buddy.

"eek ... Im afraid of snakes too one of them almost got me when I was living at the barn with the twolegs captured me

(yeah a snake almost ko'ed my T4 warrior sprucebark cause of their dodge move and spruce almost lost that fight cause of his awful dice rolls lols he couldnt hit it and it only had like 15 hp and nearly knocked him out)

A little chill went down the warriors back thinking about how much he also did not like the snake creatures very well.

"hmm they are very sneaky and very good at being dodge out of the way of your attacks." he looked at the water and reeds where his patrolmate had suggested and nodded.

"yeah I think they can swim they are sneaky enough that they probably would like the reeds for sure" he purred in agreement.

"hmm alright how bout this... Ill go over there and check it out and you can swim along behind me and watch our flanks?" he suggested

He wasnt gonna go charging in without at least consulting his clanmate on how they should approach such a situation.

"The current doesnt look so bad over by the reeds so it should be a relativly easy spot to get to" he added on absent mindedly.

Sprucebark still had no idea that Toadlegs didnt know how to swim. He sorta just assumed that Toadlegs could swim.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i'm not a child [c, sprucebark]   i'm not a child [c, sprucebark] Empty

Back to top Go down

i'm not a child [c, sprucebark]
Page 1 of 1