Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Rose in The Flower Fields

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2858

A Rose in The Flower Fields Empty
PostSubject: A Rose in The Flower Fields   A Rose in The Flower Fields EmptySun Apr 30, 2023 10:33 pm

It had been a couple of days since Rosepaws return and Batsong felt the happiest she had been in a long long time. This was just what she had been needing really. After the devestating loss of her med cat apprentice Birchgaze recently she had been a little down.. But now with Rosepaw back she felt so much better and happier.

With a purr she looked over her med cat supplies humming happily to herself as she organized a little list in her head of what she needed.

When rosepaw had gotten home at first Batsong had offered to take her out on a herb patrol finding. And while they were out Batsong could show her the flower fields too! It was also a good opportunity to remind Rosepaw of the borders and such since it had been so long since Rosepaw had been home again.

Once she had the herbs in her den organized and she knew what she needed to get she practically skipped out of the med den she was so excited. Batsong was never really known to be this bouncy/excitable before but she was today!

Getting over to the apprentice den she peeked inside grinning when she saw her friends bright pelt.

"Rosepaw?" she whispered.

"R-ready to go pick h-herbs and maybe s-some flowers t-too?"

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

Clan/Rank : RiverClan/apprentice
Number of posts : 317

PostSubject: Re: A Rose in The Flower Fields   A Rose in The Flower Fields EmptyThu May 04, 2023 10:08 pm

❀❀❀
Batsong's excited whisper woke her, but Rosepaw quickly jumped to her paws, "Ready!" she purred, sleepily stumbling to get her balance. She padded with her friend to the hidden tunnel through the gorse, stretching along the way with a wide yawn, "Sorry, guess I'm still on kittypet time." A little embarrassed, she ducked her head to lick her chest where her thin wispy fur stuck out in more tufts than usual. She lifted a paw to scrub over her one golden eye, blinking herself more awake.

The wind rippled over the green grass of the moor like ocean waves, still crisp and cool so early in the day, ruffling Rosepaw's pelt refreshingly. The sky was big and blue overhead. Batsong skipped along happily and Rosepaw couldn't help sharing her excitement, easily matching her friend's joyful pace. "Which herbs are you looking for?" she asked curiously.
❀❀❀
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: A Rose in The Flower Fields   A Rose in The Flower Fields EmptySun May 07, 2023 7:03 am

Batsong gave another gentle purr as her good friend slowly woke up. As she led the way out of camp, batsong enjoyed the nice weather and most of all, she enjoyed the companionship of rosepaw now finally being back home.

She kept a close eye on the skies above. Being very mindful of how rose and her had first met back when rose was still a kit. A big bird had almost snatched rosekit up back then and batsong was not going to let something like that happen again.

She glanced over to her friend at the question. “Hmm we need some poppy seeds and cobwebs she explained. But I also wanted to show you the flowers of the field which is where we can go first she purred leading the way.

They were getting pretty close and it was just over this next hill. It’s a really amazing view, I t-think you will love it

As they got to the top of the grassy hill and looking over the fields there was flowers of every color scattered over the field in a beautiful display of the beginning of newleaf. The harsh season of winter was finally behind them and the flowers were all back and in full swing.

Batsong smiled over to her friend you like it?

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: A Rose in The Flower Fields   A Rose in The Flower Fields EmptyMon May 08, 2023 11:30 pm

❀❀❀
It was beautiful! Seeing it with Batsong, finally reunited, Rosepaw couldn't remember the last time she was so happy. The only thing that would make it more perfect... "I wish Whisperear could come see it, too."

She padded down the slope among the many bright colours of flowers. Humming thoughtfully, "Poppies are flowers, maybe some grow here?" She inspected each plant she passed more closely, from roots to petals. And with careful observation of the growing plants came an idea...

"If Whisperear can't come to the flower field, what if the flower field comes to them!" Her one golden eye twinkled playfully, her other closed winky eye adding to the expression. 

"If you break a flower off at the stem, it withers and dies," she reflected a little sadly, "but, if you take the roots as well, could it grow?" She waited for Batsong's guidance, barely containing her hopeful excitement.

Gently, very gently, she dug beside her friend in the earth. Digging a circle around a plant, and then down, until a clump of roots came free. It might not look so pretty now, upturned in the dirt, but if the two friends found a way to carry some plants home, they could give it to Whisperear and grow them a garden.

"Do you know which flowers they like best?" Rosepaw questioned Batsong. "How about you?" she asked as well.

"It's a little embarrassing, but I've always looked for the flower I was named for," Rosepaw admitted bashfully. She looked around until her eye landed on a wild dog-rose. "Here," she explained, pointing. "Maybe... we could take one of these as well?"
❀❀❀
Dice Roll ~ Rosepaw looked for poppies but didn't find any!

Last edited by isla on Mon May 08, 2023 11:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: A Rose in The Flower Fields   A Rose in The Flower Fields EmptyMon May 08, 2023 11:30 pm

The member 'isla' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 1
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: A Rose in The Flower Fields   A Rose in The Flower Fields EmptyFri May 12, 2023 10:36 pm

Batsong was so happy to see that Rosepaw liked it here.  Batsong listened and observed Rosepaws plan nodding liking it very much.  "oh yes a g-great idea this could cheer up Whisperear alot I t-think she agreed as she joined in Rosepaws careful extraction of the flowers being as careful as possible to keep the plants in good shape for the return trip so that they could decorate the outside of the elders den.

"Oh y-yes a rose would be nice for sure she purred in agreement as she continued to look with her great friend

"hmm s-sometimes when the s-sun set and the sky turned that amazing color of the bright blending just before nighttime I would l-look at it and be r-reminded of you" she purred quietly thinking about the time when Rosepaw was away.

"I am s-so happy you are back now" she meowed as they finished getting some flowers for their friend Whisperear.

Batsong will try and find a rose maybe too:
Dice roll

Yay she found a rose maybe.

She pointed with her tail to show the apprentice it. "v-very nice

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Fri May 12, 2023 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Rose in The Flower Fields   A Rose in The Flower Fields EmptyFri May 12, 2023 10:36 pm

The member 'speedy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

A Rose in The Flower Fields Mistpe10
A Rose in The Flower Fields Sig2
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: A Rose in The Flower Fields   A Rose in The Flower Fields EmptyTue May 16, 2023 7:21 pm

❀❀❀
"Hm? Is that marigold?" Rosepaw looked down at a yellow-orange flower near Batsong's paws. Its colour reminded Rosepaw a little of Whisperear's amber eyes. "I think the Garden cats gave that to me to help with stiff joints..." she kneaded her paws in the soil happily. The herb had been a help to Rosepaw for her broken bones. "It's really pretty, and the elders could use it?" she thought out loud.

"It's like a sunset's colours as well," she mused, "it goes well with the roses, don't you think, Batsong?" She hummed quietly to herself as she helped dig out the plant.

"I thought of you, too, every day," sighed Rosepaw, feeling a little sad remembering the many, many days she had missed Batsong. "But now, I'm so happy, too!" She brightened, reaching up to pull the shiny black feather from behind a tufted ear. "I love how I have something again, with me always, that reminds me of you." The feather was just like Batsong's sleek black fur. Rosepaw could almost imagine that Batsong was able to grow black-feathered wings like a bird. Flying would be fun!

"What else can we look for?" she asked. "I'll keep my eye out for poppies and cobwebs," she promised, as the two friends strolled through the field of flowers.

"Oh!" Rosepaw exclaimed, delighted. "I found poppies! How do you get the seeds out?"
❀❀❀
OOC: sorry, forgot to say, the dice roll was for herb hunting!
i really like the idea of using it to find flowers, too!
Dice roll ~ Rosepaw found poppy seeds!

Last edited by isla on Tue May 16, 2023 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Rose in The Flower Fields   A Rose in The Flower Fields EmptyTue May 16, 2023 7:21 pm

The member 'isla' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: A Rose in The Flower Fields   A Rose in The Flower Fields EmptySat May 20, 2023 9:27 am

Batsong blinked suprised that her friend knew of marigold and its uses! She nodded impressed "y-yes well done Rose that is marigold for sure!" she confirmed as she collected some.

Batsong worked on collecting that and soon after her good friend had also found poppies too! Batsong was very pleased with all the herbs they were getting as well as the nice flowers that would hopefully cheer up Whisper and Bracken in the elders den.

She went to Rosepaw's side and gently got the seeds out showing Rosepaw the technique she used to do so.

"hmm something like that anyways" She saw a big leaf nearby and carefully put the seeds in that and wrapped them up to make carrying them eaiser.

"w-we have quite the nice collection now. S-should we get back to camp and show Whisperear all that we have found?" she purred happily

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

PostSubject: Re: A Rose in The Flower Fields   A Rose in The Flower Fields EmptySun May 21, 2023 12:03 am

❀❀❀
She smiled when Batsong affectionately called her just, Rose. She was glad she remembered the herb correctly, though she wouldn't ever dare to identify herbs without her friend there in case it turned out to be poisonous. She watched with interest as Batsong carefully got out the poppy seeds and laid them down on a large leaf.

"Let's go show Whisperear!" Rosepaw agreed, getting a few more large leaves to carry the flowers. They had roses, marigolds, poppies, poppy seeds... "Wait, didn't you need cobwebs, too?" She started to turn some bigger rocks upside down with a huff of effort. Where did cobwebs collect on the moor?
❀❀❀
OOC: i'll make the next topic and link it ~ here!
no dice roll, but looking for cobwebs :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rose in The Flower Fields   A Rose in The Flower Fields Empty

Back to top Go down

A Rose in The Flower Fields
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory :: The Flower Field-
Jump to: