Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

in bloom [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6039

in bloom [c] Empty
PostSubject: in bloom [c]   in bloom [c] EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023 - 16:10

Thalia was laying flower bundles out on the rock that she more often used to dry predator pelts after cleaning them (a necessity, given the wet and muddy nature of most of ShadowClan's land- their camp included). Today she was sorting these out to make into flower crowns, and come tomorrow fox and badger and raccoon skins would be laid out once again.

"Celandine and feverfew for the medicine den," she reminded herself, depositing them outside the den that was now shared between Burdockroot and Harriertalon. She'd learned the names over time, even if she'd never had much of a talent for memorizing their uses. She was the opposite of a healer, after all; she'd always been better at inflicting wounds than she was at treating them. "And the daisy and marigold."

She sometimes ventured further, out toward Twolegplace, when it was necessary to get rarer and harder-to-find herbs. It was something she could do in service to the Clan that had become her home. But now, in the season of new growth, there were plenty of the things that grew in ShadowClan's own territory to gather while still leaving enough that they would continue to grow back.

"And that leaves the rest of these for us."

Flowers in a variety of shapes and colors, ready to be made into something new and beautiful.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2485

in bloom [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: in bloom [c]   in bloom [c] EmptyTue 2 May 2023 - 8:45

Silverpaw

Thalia was interesting. She made things– made the pelts that ShadowClan’s best warriors wore. She had been Pineblossom’s mentor, after Locustcall disappeared. And she had a strange name. It was a rogue’s name, or a kittypet’s, but she was undoubtedly a warrior of ShadowClan. That was more than enough reason for Silverpaw to sit opposite her, watching quietly while Thalia sorted through different flowers. He didn’t see the point in the tangled trinkets, but he was fascinated by them. Silverpaw blinked down at the assortment, then tipped his head up to look at Thalia.

“Why do you do this?” He asked earnestly, head tilting. “I mean– I’ve seen the wreaths you make. Honeylight has one, I think?” Silverpaw’s brow furrowed. He thought that was right, but maybe he’d made it up. Was it just that Honeylight liked the flowers? Shaking his head, he went on, “But… why? And where’d you learn this from?” As tempting as it was to rattle off all his questions for her in one breath, Silverpaw forced himself to be quiet for a few moments. “What do you do with them, when you’re done?”

I am a diamond on the inside, just add the pressure.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6039

in bloom [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: in bloom [c]   in bloom [c] EmptyTue 16 May 2023 - 10:46

Thalia was slightly startled when a voice suddenly sounded from close by, distracted as she was, but quickly recovered. "Silverpaw!" she greeted cheerfully. She recognized him as being close to Pineblossom (adopted, she thought, but wasn't sure)- he was one of ShadowClan's younger apprentices, and she knew his mentor was Honeylight.

Really, it was a little strange that it had taken her this long to really talk to him, but she looked forward to getting to know him a little better now. "They're pretty, aren't they?" she asked, gesturing to the flowers. "Well, I like making things, and others like them when they're done. Simple enough, right? Keeps my paws busy when there's nothing else to do."

She hummed in acknowledgement that she'd heard his second question, considering how best to answer. "As for where I learned it... It was a very long time ago, before I was ShadowClan, from someone I loved and respected a great deal. I think the closest comparison is a mentor, though it wasn't so formal and he wasn't really the one who taught me how to hunt and fight."

The bundles continued to be sorted, now that the herbs were set safely aside for the medicine den, into smaller groups of flowers that looked nice together.

"When I'm done I wear them, or I give them to someone else, or I leave them for the nursery so the kits have something to play with."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2485

in bloom [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: in bloom [c]   in bloom [c] EmptyThu 8 Jun 2023 - 22:48

Silverpaw

Thalia sat up to greet him, sounding excited to see him there. He blinked at her once, a little taken aback by her enthusiasm, before a wide smile broke across his muzzle accompanied with a soft purr. Thalia, then, made a good first impression. It always made his ears feel a little warm when someone was excited to see him.

His eyes followed her gesture to look down at the half-sorted pile of flowers and herbs. He wasn’t sure if pretty was what he’d call them; they were plants. Brightly-colored and eye-catching, sure, but he heard the same of some water-dwelling snakes. If nothing else, he could understand the motivations of making others happy and keeping your own paws busy. Silverpaw nodded, even if the answer was only half-understood.

He considered asking after the not-mentor Thalia spoke of, but something told him they were questions better left unanswered. It would be rude, to pry into her history. He figured if she wanted to say more than that, she would’ve, and he was learning to be a little better about his impulsive voice. Instead, Silverpaw focused more on her final answer, resisting the reflex to turn his nose up at the idea of playing with one of the tangled bunches. “Can you show me?” He asked hesitantly, slowly pulling his gaze back up to Thalia. “I’m curious. I mean, I don’t know if I’d, y’know, wear anything or whatever, but it can’t hurt, right?”

I am a diamond on the inside, just add the pressure.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior