Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear] Empty
PostSubject: baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear]   baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear] EmptySun 16 Apr 2023 - 19:48

flickerkit
windclan | kit | she/her

"it's just so convenient to be fragile"

Flickerkit’s mother died when she barely had her eyes open. She was one of the many casualties from a long, harsh leafbare, and while Flickerkit had no memory of her she knew that she didn’t deserve to die. Her father did, however, for abandoning his family like he did, and Flickerkit did not once even attempt to mourn when he was overtaken by a predator. The little molly grew up communally by any queen that would watch over her, and while she appreciated the sacrifices they made to keep her safe and healthy, she never managed to create a bond with any of them.

Other than Brackenwing, of course. Though Flickerkit wasn’t sure if one-sided fascination really counted as a bond.

Brackenwing wasn’t a queen, or even a warrior, but rather an elder who retired early. Flickerkit first saw her a little while after she first began to wander outside of the nursery (she enjoyed watching the warriors go by), and had been fascinated with her since. She was awfully young, more spry than some warriors that Flickerkit had observed, yet she spent her days cooped up in the elder’s den– it would completely confound the little molly on why she had retired so soon if the injuries to her poor leg weren’t as obvious as they were. She had many friends but she still seemed so sad, to Flickerkit at least, and the quiet, reserved nature of the older molly reminded the she-kit of herself.

It took a whole lot of courage for Flickerkit to even approach the elder’s den (social interaction was a terrifying ordeal to her), but she still managed after a pep talk or two. It was easy to spot Brackenwing, along with that white cat Flickerkit didn’t know the name of, but it was much harder to quickly come up with something to say, so the kit quickly settled on sitting a little off to the side, silent and slightly ajar but clearly now part of the group.

Flickerkit’s ears began to burn. Maybe if she made it look like she was simply sitting alone, Brackenwing would invite her over formally. The molly didn’t believe in butting in on conversations.
code by kiiko + kitty • edited by zero

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5682

PostSubject: Re: baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear]   baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear] EmptySun 16 Apr 2023 - 22:37

Brackenwing had nudged Whisperear out of the den, it was too nice out to be cooped up inside, and that, she hoped, would do them good now that they seemed to be doing a bit better than previously. Brackenwing was grateful Whisperear was out of the medicine den. It meant things were going a bit better, even if retirement was an adjustment.

Movement caught Brackenwing's attention and her head turned slightly, taking note of the kit who sat a short distance from the pair of elders. Flickerkit, it she recalled correctly. The marbled tabby didn't spend as much time in the nursery as the queens did, but she did help when the mood struck. The queens needed the break and it was something that she could do, unlike long hunting or border patrols.

"Hello, Flickerkit." Brackenwing greeted softly. She was never quite sure of how to approach the kits, but Flickerkit seemed... Lonely, maybe. She wasn't off playing with the other kits as Brackenwing would have expected. She was never quite sure of how to approach the kits, but she couldn't just ignore Flickerkit's presence because of it. "You can sit with us, if you want." She added. The kit hadn't intruded on their conversation, and had simply sat quietly, close enough to be noticed. She wondered if Flickerkit wanted a story and was too shy to ask, or if she simply just wanted a change in scenery from the nursery and the other kits.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear]   baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear] EmptyWed 19 Apr 2023 - 15:56

Whisperear

Brackenwing’s encouragements to get them out of the elder’s den was not unwanted, though necessary to get Whisperear moving. Though they were no longer tasked with going on patrols, their body still ached like it used to after long hunts, and they felt tired even after waking from naps. They hoped that Brackenwing did not mind how often they slept. After all, they were meant to be her company here. For Whisperear at least, it was warm and comforting to fall asleep curled up against Brackenwing and awaken as though neither of them had moved.

It was still good to stretch their legs every once in a while though, and while they moved slower than Brackenwing, they still kept up with her as they got out for fresh air. Their attention turned to the kit that Brackenwing called out to. After so much time spent in the medicine den, they had not kept up with new kits being born. Thankfully Brackenwing already knew the little one’s name. Whisperear smiled invitingly and settled down at Brackenwing’s side. It’s nice to meet you, Flickerkit. What are you up to today?
WindClan • Tier 5 • They/Them • 65 | 130 • #9999cc
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear]   baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear] EmptyFri 28 Apr 2023 - 21:14

Flickerkit was very flattered that they knew her name. So many kits came and went through the nursery that the little molly was sure names would escape most of her clanmates, yet these two elders seemed to know her by heart. It made her smile— she wasn’t very used to feeling welcome. Trying not to look too overly happy, Flickerkit made her way to sit alongside the two, little head held high and mighty. She had to make a good impression now. ”Thank you,” she mewed, nodding to both Brackenwing and the white cat. ”I’ve just been watching the warriors go on their patrols today. Not much else. I’m sorry, but I don’t remember your name— I’ve seen you a lot though, with Brackenwing. Are you mates?” She couldn’t possibly be wrong, she thought, so it was certainly even ground to stand on. She knew how to make grown-up conversation, unlike other kits! She wanted so deeply to impress them both.

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear]   baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear] EmptySat 29 Apr 2023 - 15:42

"You'll be going on those patrols soon enough, I bet." Watching the comings and going of camp wasn't particularly enjoyable to Brackenwing, but since she couldn't go on patrols anymore, she may as well watch while she sought some much needed fresh air with Whisperear. It was better than being stuck in the den, though she would have preferred to be on the patrols rather than just an onlooker.

"They're Whisperear." She added, and before she could say anything else, the little kit's next words nearly had her choking on air. Mates?? Her green eyes swung to Whisperear. "Uh-" It was half on the tip of her tongue to offer a snarky reply, perhaps there was some of Swiftspirit in her after all, I don't know, are we?, but the elder resisted the impulse. Not that she could've, her mouth opened, then snapped shut. The subject was not something she had ever been brave enough to approach with Whisperear. They were certainly close, which was... probably obvious, if even Shrikestar had noticed, but Brackenwing wasn't sure what the pair qualified as. 'Good friends' didn't seem like enough anymore, but the marbled tabby was much too hesitant to ever bring that up herself.

Not that it didn't stop Brackenwing from feeling as if her pelt had been set ablaze by Flickerkit's question. "We're-" And her mouth snapped shut again, glancing between Flickerkit and Whisperear. Help? I can't answer this?

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear]   baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear] EmptyWed 3 May 2023 - 2:39

Whisperear

Whisperear smiled gratefully at Brackenwing when she supplied their name to Flickerkit. It had been so long since Whisperear had met someone new that they had forgotten that not everyone had known them since kithood. They were then as stunned as Brackenwing at the question that tumbled forth from Flickerkit’s maw.

Mates? they thought. They had barely started to come around to the idea that what they felt towards Brackenwing was not simple friendly affection, but rather that they fancied her; let alone to see if Brackenwing felt the same way and to ask to be mates. They probably would have also stood there with their mouth agape and not quite sure how to respond, but the urgent plea for help in Brackenwing’s eyes snapped Whisperear out of their stupor.

You know…that has not yet come up in our conversation, Whisperear meowed to Flickerkit to deflect instead. The last thing they wanted was to put Brackenwing on the spot, and they did not want to seem like they were disinterested. But we have been close for along time. We grew up alongside one another, actually, and we share the elder’s den. So I suppose we are thick as thickets. Whisperear smiled at the kit, hoping that that would be enough of an answer that would not also embarrass Brackenwing. They were quick to hurry along the conversation, though. You’re already growing quite big. Are you excited to be an apprentice soon and join the warriors on their outings?
WindClan • Elder • They/Them • 55 | 50 • #9999cc
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear]   baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear] EmptyWed 3 May 2023 - 12:30

flickerkit
windclan | kit | she/her

"it's just so convenient to be fragile"
That was an awfully strange reaction, Flickerkit thought. She wasn’t exactly sure what “not come up in conversation” meant, but it wasn’t an outright denial, so Whisperear must have meant that they were courting. That was the only logical explanation to Flickerkit. [color:0324=db7093]”Oh, alright then. I hope you do end up mates in the end, you seem happy together!” They clearly cared about each other a lot, from how they could read each others’ emotions with ease. Whisperear was kind and the kind of quiet that Flickerkit enjoyed— she very quickly decided that if Brackenwing was to be her parent figure, Whisperear would do as her other very well. It was settled then, she would simply stay with them instead of the queens in the nursery. 

”Oh, I should have my apprentice ceremony in the next few moons, I believe.” Flickerkit responded to Whisperear’s question, letting them deflect to a more comfortable topic. Both they and Brackenwing were clearly uncomfortable with discussing their relationship, and if it made them nervous she would never pry. She tried her hardest to be polite, after all. ”I am excited! I can’t wait to finally get out of camp and begin actually being useful— my clan needs me!”
code by kiiko + kitty • edited by zero

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear]   baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear] EmptyWed 3 May 2023 - 12:58

Thankfully, Whisperear came to her rescue and deflected, though it would take more than that to ease the feeling of Brackenwing's pelt being on fire. "We've known each other a long time." She agreed, managing to keep the awkwardness out of her voice as she nodded at Whisperear's words. The stars had seen fit for them to retire early together too, it seemed, even though both were much younger than even the clan's leadership.

"Patrols and battle training are less boring than sitting in camp, that's for sure. That ceremony will be here before you know it." She added, remembering the feeling of impatience for her own ceremony.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear]   baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear] EmptyMon 8 May 2023 - 21:27

Whisperear

Whisperear nodded in agreement. They relaxed where they laid down now that the conversation has fully shifted. I’m sure you’ll be a great apprentice as well, they murmured. Do you have a particular cat you are hoping to be your mentor?

Their own apprenticeship felt like so long away, even though they were younger than a handful of cats in the clan. Their mentor had been Coyotegrin, but given how busy she as—and the disagreements they often had—Whisperear was not sure if she was a cat that they would want to offer up as an option to Flickerkit. Even if she had adopted Whisperear once upon a time.
WindClan • Elder • They/Them • 55 | 50 • #9999cc
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear]   baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear] Empty

Back to top Go down

baby mine [brackenwing, whisperear]
Page 1 of 1