Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5642

Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker] Empty
PostSubject: Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker]   Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker] EmptyTue 28 Mar 2023 - 13:20

It was late - or early, depending on how one looked at it, but Graypaw had found herself tossing and turning, unable to sleep, and so had taken to sitting outside the apprentice den. While her brother's sleep was often disturbed by nightmares, Graypaw's was disturbed by her own thoughts, a racing mind unable to relax. She wasn't sure why, in truth. Thornstalker had taken up her training, and it almost felt like Graypaw was getting somewhere... But it also didn't. Falconmoon was a warrior, Sunpaw was surely going to be one any day now. Most of the apprentices that had been in the den when she and her siblings had been named were also warriors in their own right. It was to be expected, really, and there wasn't anything wrong with it. At least, common sense told her that. It shouldn't have bothered her at all... But it did.

Was it jealousy? Graypaw didn't think so. At least, she didn't want to be jealous, especially of her own littermates who had earned their place and worked hard. Yewfrost had abandoned the clan, abandoned her training, and it wasn't Graypaw's fault her training had stalled in such a manner. She knew that, but it didn't feel that way. The more she thought on it, the less she was able to let her mind relax.

The silver apprentice stared up at the waxing moon, a sigh escaping her.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9978

PostSubject: Re: Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker]   Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker] EmptySun 2 Apr 2023 - 13:29

Thornstalker didn't know why she was awake at this time, it was a little too early for dawn patrol. It seemed her mind didn't want to let her rest, because no matter how hard she tried to sleep it didn't come. Maybe it was just one of those nights. The pale warrior pulled herself out of her nest, giving a quick look around before exiting the den.

Once she stepped out into the night sky, the small warrior pulled herself into a deep stretch, letting out a quiet sigh to relieve tension in her body. Once that was done, she took to looking around the camp, doing checks to see if there was something she could get an early start on, but her thoughts were stopped as soon as she spotted her apprentice sitting alone. Thornstalker tilted her head, at this time of night?

The pale she-cat quietly approached her apprentice, not wanting to break the quietness of the night. "Everything okay?"

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker]   Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker] EmptySun 2 Apr 2023 - 14:48

Graypaw jumped slightly at the sound of Thornstalker's voice. She wasn't one of the night guards, who were content to leave Graypaw alone since all she'd done was sit outside the den. The apprentice ducked her head, feeling a sense of mild embarrassment at being caught off-guard by her new mentor.

"I couldn't sleep. I'm... Fine." She answered softly, but the words sounded like a lie. Deception had never been something Graypaw was particularly good at. "Kinda. I don't know." And then she hesitated. Thornstalker was her new mentor, but Graypaw didn't know her that well. She was reasonably certain that she wouldn't get laughed at by her, but would she be upset if Graypaw admitted to her misgivings? Her gaze dropped to her paws, too uncertain to attempt to make sense of her feelings with words.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9978

PostSubject: Re: Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker]   Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker] EmptySat 8 Apr 2023 - 13:16

Oh. Great. It was one of those situations. Something she wasn't great at handling. The warrior settled down beside her apprentice, tail tip thumping against the ground slightly as she fought against her unease with the situation. Her apprentice needed help, and that was more important than her aversion to tough conversations. "You can talk about it, I may not be the best with advice but I can listen." She hoped that was enough to put Graypaw at ease enough to open up. If not she might have to ask someone else to speak with her apprentice on the matter.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker]   Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker] EmptySat 8 Apr 2023 - 18:42

Thornstalker's response was reassuring, and Graypaw let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding. Maybe... maybe this wouldn't be so difficult. Thornstalker seemed like she was willing to listen, but Graypaw found that it was still hard to get the words out. Hard, and awkward, and maybe a little bit shameful.

"I just... I know I'm not where I should be with my training. Yewfrost was barely present and then just... left." A huff left the apprentice, bitterness that she did not want to feel creeping into her expression. "My siblings are already becoming warriors and I feel like even the younger apprentices are doing well."

"It's not your fault I just... I feel stuck, I don't know... I'm not jealous of my siblings but I feel like I should be right along side them and I'm not." She shrugged, gaze dropping back down to her paws.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker]   Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker] Empty

Back to top Go down

Because Emotions Are Hard [Thornstalker]
Page 1 of 1