Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C] Empty
PostSubject: Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C]   Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C] EmptyThu 23 Mar 2023 - 13:42

Poppyshine

Poppyshine asked Sprucebark to meet her in the leader’s den. They still needed some warriors in camp while others went on patrol, so going out on a walk was not possible, but the privacy of the leader’s den would do well enough. When her son arrived, she gave him a small smile and walked up to him. Poppyshine licked his cheek and pressed her head against his neck. “Hello sweetheart,” she murmured. Poppyshine pulled back and looked over Sprucebark’s face, trying to judge his emotional state and see if there may have been anything that he did not want to share. “How are you holding up?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2857

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C]   Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C] EmptyThu 23 Mar 2023 - 17:15

Sprucebark had just finished his 3rd … no wait, 4th patrol of of the day. He had been going nonstop since the awful event of finding his sister dead by the river with soot also drowned too. He had been burying himself in work. Most days he would finish exhausted and pass out in his nest just to wake up shortly after to repeat the process. He had not handled the grieving process well at all and was underneath an absolute mess. He didn’t know how to deal with this, the awful complex feeling that haunted him. He felt so empty and miserable.

The river that once offered comfort and calmness now only made him sick and the sound of the running water was just a reminder of what had happened. His mom requested his presence in the leader den. He followed her in. He already had a decent guess what this might be about. His bloodshot eyes glanced up to her, just empty. So far he had tried to run from facing his grief head on. It was eating away at him and he wasn’t really sure how long he could do this anymore.

Generally, Sprucebark was a very open with how things were going especially to his mum. But so far on this one it hasn’t been so easy to even think about yet alone speak about it.

Poppyshines presence helped and he nuzzled her back gently. She pulled away a bit to his dismay and asked him questions… he blinked having to repeat the question in his head a couple times. He took a shaky breath. Sprucebark was a very honest warrior and especially to his mum and deputy. If she asked a question she would get the whole truth. I’m not doing so well mum he finally managed to say. His eyes clouded bordering tears.

I feel just hollow. I’ve never felt this terrible in my life

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C]   Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C] EmptyMon 27 Mar 2023 - 22:14

Poppyshine

Poppyshine’s heart broke piece by piece as she observed the fatigue in her son’s demeanor and listened to his quiet, broken voice. He always was the first to volunteer for patrols, and would go out and pick up extra ones too. She knew he was overworking himself, and she knew why. Perchstar did the same thing when she grew stressed, and Sprucebark had a similar work ethic, so it made sense that he threw himself into his duties to keep himself from experiencing his grief…but oh how it hurt to see.

She rested her chin atop his head, letting him feel the warmth and love that she radiated. “I know, sweetheart,” she meowed quietly. “Losing a loved one is one of the worst pains you can feel. I wish I can make it better, but it is a wound that only time can heal—and the amount of time can vary from cat to cat.” She shifted again and began to groom him, hoping that the gentle comfort will help relax him, like how she used to do when he was a kit. Between licks she continued, “I know it will not fix the hurt, but take heed in knowing that they are both among the stars now. They get to watch over us, and reunite with those that came before.” Sootspirit was with Sleepycloud and Owlshriek and Mapleleaf now, which provided Poppyshine with as much comfort as she could manage in the given situation. Minksplash was with them too, and also with Cloverheart and Dovesight, and maybe, depending on whatever happened to him, with Rushtalon too.

Poppyshine drew back once more so she could look her son in the eye, with a serious look in her gaze. “Sweetheart, I’m worried about how much work you’ve been doing. I understand that you want to distract yourself from this pain, but you are going to hurt yourself by working so much. I am here for you during this, for whatever you need, but I urge you to take time to rest and let your body recover. The last thing I want is for you to collapse from working too hard.” Her mind drifted back to Perchstar, who had quite literally worked herself to death during some of the most stressful times in their clan. She could not bear it if Sprucebark did the same.
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C]   Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C] EmptyWed 29 Mar 2023 - 21:39

Sprucebark stayed still letting his mum groom at him like a kit all over again. He didn't know how Poppyshine could always be so loving, warm and positive even after all that had happened to them.

He stayed still the whole time she groomed at him and spoke softly about how Mink and Soot were now in starclan. It didn't really make the hurt any less, but the idea that Mink and Soot were not alone made it at least bearable. Somehow though even in what should have been the lowest point for them she was still able to care for him so much, somehow she had the strength to keep going after losing her daughter and leader and close friend. Just her company was enough to lift the spirits of anyone around her.

She unexpectedly pulled away from him and he glanced upward not really wanting for that moment to end but he guessed it had to have at some point.

She gave him a serious look and he felt the whole mood shifting as he scooted upwards wondering what this was about.

He listened to all her concerns over him. About 100 arguments/excuses popped into his mind of why he was okay to keep working and how the clan really needed him now more than ever with Perch missing and possibly down a life. He was a warrior and needed to help. He let out a little half sigh similar to how he might give before giving Rowansong a lecture on how Rowan shouldnt be breaking some small rule.

All these explanations and excuses were haulted in place however by her last sentence that really hit home to him...

The last thing I want is for you to collapse from working too hard.

He blinked like something hit him gently on the nose. Of course, she was worried that something like what had happened when the twolegs were at 4 trees and he passed out because he and hawk had only just before been swept out by the river and only just gotten back. He gave a little nod of acceptance.

How could he make his mum relive that? Or even have the worry or fear that it could happen again? Especially not right after losing Minksplash. Besides, even if this was not a formal order from his deputy and currently acting leader: it would be viewed as such by him.

"Alright he finally agreed with a little nod.

"I will stay in camp and try and get some rest and recovery. Promise"

He moved back over to her again leaning against her a little, giving a little yawn as he did so. "Mum? Can you tell me a story? Like the ones Auntie Kitespring used to tell when I was a kit?" he asked emrald green eyes looking up at her. He flicked his tail a little thinking of what he wanted to hear about. "Can you tell me the story of how you got your scar?
I asked you as a kit and you told me once I was older... I'm older now"
he requested glancing at her.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C]   Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C] EmptyThu 30 Mar 2023 - 22:08

Poppyshine

Poppyshine’s eyes widened with surprise. She had not expected her son to remember that promise she made to him moons ago…but she supposed he was right. He was much more mature now to understand the situation that happened, and she had indeed promised. Poppyshine nodded. “Alright. I can tell you that."

She moved to settle down and nodded for him to join her. She stayed pressed up against his side and resumed grooming him between breaths of her story.

“I got this scar when I was an apprentice. I’ve told you a little bit about my time then, with the Dark Forest and the cats rising from the dead. It was a very harrowing time for me, and it was also the first time I had seen a cat die. Multiple cats were killed at the Gathering that the Dark Forest invaded, but one cat, a fellow apprentice, had been killed by a cat of another clan.

“It shook me deeply. I was upset and ended up wandering off on my own into the territory. It was already foolish of me to go out without telling anyone, especially during the Dark Forest’s occupation. But I was a foolish little apprentice at the time.”
She was even more naïve then than she was now. “I was so lost in my thoughts on my walk that I crossed into ThunderClan territory without realizing.

“I was confronted by a ThunderClan warrior. I found out later his name was Softfall. He bowled me over and gave me a few scratches. I realized my mistake and quickly tried to escape back to my own territory. I hadn’t meant to break the rules and trespass. I wasn’t even all that far in, so I was just trying to get away. Unfortunately…Softfall had a grudge against RiverClan. Old grudges, wars that had never fully resolved, and for him, a personal vendetta against Perchstar, who was just the deputy at the time. He chased me down before I could escape and attacked me again, including clawing me so deep and terribly that I was certain I was going to die.”

Poppyshine sighed and paused in her grooming. “I managed to get away, just narrowly. I told Perchstar about what happened and she went to ThunderClan regarding it. I never did get all of the details about how that went…but regardless, the point is that it was my own mistake that led to me being attacked, but Softfall had gone too far in the way he attacked. You are to confront those that trespass and battle them enough to get them to leave. Death was reserved only for those who are meant to kill you or otherwise do great harm. I was a foolish apprentice against a warrior; it was unfair. But I knew that RiverClan had wronged ThunderClan plenty in the past. Perhaps it was not my doing, but I did not want to blame Softfall for being so upset at RiverClan. If I was the center of his ire at that moment, then it was just unfortunate circumstance.”

She rested her head atop Sprucebark’s as she contemplated her old memories. “I only saw him once more after that. We were on opposing sides of the river in our respective territories. I think he still hated me. He got in trouble in some capacity thanks to what I did. But by that time, I was a warrior. I may have even been deputy at that point. I didn’t want ThunderClan and RiverClan to continue to hold onto bad blood…so I tossed him a fish I had caught, as something of a peace offering. I didn’t stick around to see if he’d take it, but I hope he did.

“…I wanted to speak with him again, but the next I’d heard, he had died in the great battle against the Dark Forest. I wish he hadn’t. Perhaps we could have come to an understanding, in another time or place.”

Poppyshine exited her revery and realized just how long she’d been speaking for. She smiled down at her son. “Well, there it is. I didn’t want to tell you too young, because the last thing I wanted was for you to develop a grudge against ThunderClan like Softfall had against RiverClan. I don’t think any one clan is fully bad. There are just some bad cats, or just cats who make mistakes. You should always judge a cat for who they are, not where they come from.”
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C]   Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C] EmptyThu 6 Apr 2023 - 22:49

Sprucebark listened quietly his eyes widened as the story seemed to get darker and darker. He felt numb when she said that this Softfall fellow had tried to kill her. How could anyone want to kill such a kind and loving cat as Poppyshine?

He hid his face into poppyshine's shoulder fur as she finished the story. "I understand now, why you didnt want to tell me as a kit" he finally replied.

As a kit he had just figured some badger or weasel or MAYBE a dark forest cat had gotten her there... he never in his wildest dreams would have thought that another cat would have been capable of such hate. Then again, he also always had been a big history lover often listening to the elders stories of the past and the wars between the thunder and river. It was only now more confirmed in his mind due to what Poppyshine had said the reason for Softfalls anger came from.

It also only further cemented in his mind how important the rules and code were for when strayed from only pain seemed to come from it.

"Thank you, for the story" he knew talking of that maybe wasn't always so easy, however he had in the past always been very open with Poppyshine telling her all about his current life happenings and the such. It wasn't required in his mind that she do the same but it was nice to learn what it was like when she was growing up too.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C]   Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Sometimes a Shadow Wins [C]
Page 1 of 1