Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tara

Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3005

Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C] Empty
PostSubject: Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C]   Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C] EmptyWed 15 Mar 2023 - 0:12

Darkspirit finished up his patrols for the first day as deputy. He'd purposely sent Starlingflare on the longest route and put himself on the shortest one for the last patrol. He intended to have a word with his leader. Once the freshkill was dropped off, Darkspirit made a beeline for the leader's den. "Mottlestar?" He spoke softly at the entrance to announce himself before coming in. This was important and it needed to be said behind closed doors... so to speak. "I have something to report and it's important. Do you have just a moment? It won't take long." It was now or never. The gray tom threatened his life once. He wouldn't put it passed the older warrior to carry out the threat at his first opportunity now. It would be in his best interest, at least Darkspirit thought so.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4939

PostSubject: Re: Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C]   Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C] EmptyWed 15 Mar 2023 - 7:33

Mottlestar had done her best to keep her own tasks light for the day given what had happened the evening before. It was official, undeniable. Darkspirit was now the one she trusted with patrols, with being her second-in-command, with being her double. Understandably, she figured there would be questions that the tom had. It only made sense for her to make herself available for them, to be ready at a moments notice to help. She didn't want to simply chuck him into the role without much assistance, as that was an expectation that was simply unreasonable. So the moment that she heard the tom's voice, Mottlestar was more than ready to answer and assist. "Darkspirit, come on in." She greeted with a genuine purr, the much smaller tortoiseshell rising to meet him halfway into her den.

"Of course, let's move a bit farther back." Mottlestar had to match her pace to that of the larger tom. It was something she was used to, but it still took her just a moment to match as she ushered them to the farthest spot. It was almost like a dead spot for sound inside of the rock, perfect for meetings that weren't to be heard by outside ears. "What's wrong?" She was quick to ask. There were times to be kind and motherly, and there were times to be direct. This was certainly the latter of the two.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C]   Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C] EmptyWed 15 Mar 2023 - 13:36

Darkspirit did as he was told and moved far back inside the leader's den. He didn't know how she would take the news, but it needed to be done regardless. He sat down across from her, taking in the scent of the leader's den. It smelled like Mottlestar, along with a richer scent of earth that wasn't found in the warrior's den. The soil here was more free to let the air move through it, where the warrior's den was stamped down and hard-packed.

"As an apprentice under Stoatstar, I kept this information to myself, thinking he wouldn't listen anyway. As time went on and I became a warrior, I still kept what I am about to tell you to myself, thinking it far too late to tell anyone and maybe even petty by now. As your deputy, it is my job to tell you everything, so now I will. You won't like what I have to tell you but I swear by the stars it is the truth." Darkspirit stole another glance outside the den, looking for a familiar gray, fluffy pelt. Of course he wasn't there. Unless he sprinted the entire route he wouldn't be back so soon. Darkspirit's eyes went back to Mottlestar.

"When the Dark Forest ruled over the clans, I went on a patrol with Starlingflare. I told him of my distaste for the Dark Forest and how I planned to get rid of them once I got older. He disagreed with me, more or less saying he supported them and he told me "It's certainly time for a change, and if you try to prevent that change, you will most likely end up dead, Darkpaw.""

His tail tip twitched. He'd been holding this in for quite some time, but he remembered things well enough. He continued, hoping that Mottlestar was still willing to listen.

"I was angry, young and stupid, so I tried to tell him that if he threatened me, my dad might end up killing him, in so many words. He responded with "Morningstar isn't a threat. Any trick he knows, I know, and besides, Morningstar isn't here to save you." Now I know this sounds like it may or may not have been a threat, Mottlestar, but I was there and I am telling you by the tone in his voice, he was threatening me.

Even as it left his mouth, he thought it sounded so petty. This was stupid, telling Mottlestar this.

"Again, I was young and I was stupid and angry. I attacked him. Yes, under Stoatstar's reign I attacked a clanmate. I didn't see him as a clanmate at the time. Obviously, I was only an apprentice so Starlingflare dropped me pretty quick. But he told me to get back up and that when we got back to camp to just tell everyone we fought a raccoon. He obviously didn't want the fight reaching leader or deputy ears... because then the next questions would be what led up to it."

He paused a moment to let her take this information in. He hoped he hadn't just angered his leader on Day 1. If he had, well... he'd deal with whatever punishment was about to come his way.

"I don't expect anything to come of this, as it was so long ago, but I thought you should be aware. Starlingflare acts one way in public and has proven to me to act another way alone. Just know that if you tell him I told you this in an attempt to confront him, don't be surprised if he tries to do something about it, whatever that may entail." The choice was Mottlestar's. She had the information and Darkspirit was finally free of it. At least someone else knew now. Now he just needed to know what Mottlestar thought.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C]   Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C] EmptyThu 16 Mar 2023 - 10:19

The uneasiness that was displayed in her deputy's body language was certainly concerning. One of the very first thoughts to flit to her mind was his fear of some sort of reprimanding, that he would be in trouble for the news he was about to deliver. Naturally, Mottlestar relaxed her body as much as possible in response, doing her best to appear humble. Was she unapproachable? Or was she about to find out about something that Darkspirit had done many moons ago that would compromise his eligibility to be her deputy? The thoughts were quick to run, not out of mistrust of her warrior, but out of mistrust of herself. She struggled with confidence in regarding herself as a good leader, and any problem immediately found itself internalized.

Keeping a kind face, her head tilted to the side as she listened. The news went all the way back to Stoatstar? Somehow, that only made her more nervous. It was understandable that much more personal matters would have been kept from the tom, given how he had seemed to check out from the Clan emotionally quite a time before his disappearance. "I can completely understand reasons for keeping things from Stoatstar, so I will not hold time against you. It certainly doesn't heal all wounds." She commented gently, encouraging the dual-tabbied tom to continue.

She found her gaze following his own as it once more went beyond her den, seeing nothing before returning to Darkspirit. Mottlestar couldn't help the way her chest squeezed from the mention of the Dark Forest, her claws digging into the earth. That grip only tightened as Starlingflare was mentioned, and the mask that had been on her face was giving way to the concern that she felt within.

A look of disgust quickly replaced that as she was relayed what he had said. "It's certainly time for a change, and if you try to prevent that change, you will most likely end up dead, Darkpaw." In no way was that acceptable to speak to an apprentice, in her mind, even if they were in the wrong. Anger lashed at her tail for just a moment, but it was stilled as it seemed as if he still had more to tell her. She was indeed still listening closely.

His admission to attacking Starlingflare was... surprising, at the least. The fact that the warrior had been so keen as to cover it up was another shock. Her face tightened as she had to process all of the information, especially considering the fact that this was all internalized. It had been so long ago this had happened, especially during a time tensions were high. What to do, what to do...

"Firstly, I appreciate you feeling comfortable enough to finally bring this to me. Even if this was in the past before my time as leader, this is still important. I see no need to give any punishment for the attack of a clanmate in this instance, so rest assured I feel no frustration with you there. However... this does give us a greater problem." The tom in question, the one who had been the catalyst for such a scuffle. What was she to do about it?

The idea finally formed in her head. "That is no acceptable way to speak to a clanmate, much less an apprentice on Starlingflare's behalf. I understand it was a time of high tension, but he is a warrior that had his rank before I was even apprenticed and should easily have known better. We should err on the side of caution. Personally, I have not seen this two-faced display from Starlingflare, but I fear that is because of my position. That doesn't mean I don't believe you though, Darkspirit." It was something that the tortoiseshell wanted to make clear. Firmly clear.

"As permitted with our duties, I believe that we should keep a bit of a closer eye on him. My gut is telling me that this isn't a habit that he has grown out of, and I would like the proof that I am wrong. I hate that we may have to spy against one of our own, but I am in agreement with you: we do not need any misguided paws within our Clan. See if we can't get an apprentice or young warrior of a lesser status to him to get the same type of reaction from him, one who will report back to us the moment anything of the sort happens." Darkspirit was the one in charge of patrols, it would be an easy task for him to organize. If it came from Mottlestar herself, it'd likely rise too many suspicions, and the molly wanted to avoid that. "Do you think there is anything else that we should do about it? This is an issue that has unfortunately been dampened by time, but I don't want to dismiss it completely." Sure, she was perhaps repeating herself a bit, but it was important to the tortoiseshell to reiterate key details of that sort.

"And, Darkspirit, thank you again for telling me about this. Even if it's been a long time since it did occur." A warm purr finally rumbled alongside those words. A break from the seriousness, the tension that was filling her den. If anything, it filled her with hope that she had certainly made the right choice. The wounds of the past were always some of the easiest to fester, after all.

Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C]   Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C] EmptyThu 16 Mar 2023 - 13:10

Thankfully Mottlestar wasn't angry with him. He'd had less than stellar interactions with leaders before, so this was a nice change of pace. Darkspirit's shoulders visibly relaxed and his facial expression softened. It was almost like he had been expecting a physical blow. "I agree that a stealthier approach would be better than confronting him directly. If he's still acting like this, it will come up again. I'll have to think about who to give this mission to, but even after I make my selection I think the order should come from you. I'm a new deputy and I don't believe my orders carry the same weight as one who has been deputy for more than a moon." His mind was buzzing. He had one big problem that he needed to fix... the fact that he knew next to nothing about his clan mates. He'd been so elusive and avoidant for so long they hardly knew him either.

That could be a problem.

"Hopefully it was just a bad day, but we won't know for sure until later. Thank you for listening." Darkspirit dipped his head once respectfully. Now he needed to think about who to pick to be a spy. He was afraid of putting an apprentice on a spy mission. It would be cruel and unfair to expect an apprentice barely out of their kit stage to shoulder that responsibility. A young warrior though? That would be better.

He decided against a she-cat... unless the she-cat wasn't interested in toms. He didn't need Starlingflare charming information out of someone or Darkspirit could be conveniently sent to Starclan prematurely under mysterious circumstances. No... he needed to learn his clanmates and select an appropriate individual.

"No apprentices. I don't think that would be safe for them, and apprentices get excited and tend to talk. They might spill something they shouldn't. Give me a bit of time and I'll figure it out though." He could take any warrior he wanted on patrol with him. He'd simply rotate them out and talk while hunting and find who he wanted that way. Hopefully Starlingflare would be none the wiser.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C]   Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C] EmptyFri 17 Mar 2023 - 7:09

It was a relief of the tortoiseshell's own that her words brought reprieve to the anxieties the tom before her held in his frame. If, in any way, her deputy were to fear her reactions? All Mottlestar could do was simply shake her head at the implications of the spirals that could cause. Not only from a perspective of having to work together, but simply from the front of having a united Clan. If it seemed like her deputy couldn't approach her, the word that would send to the rest of her clanmates would cause chaos in no time. It was almost what had happened during the time of Stoatstar, and even she had felt the problems that caused. But then again, she had practically grown into her role as a warrior while supporting the deputy, so she supposed she was a bit of an odd case.

"Of course, Darkspirit. Any time, I am more than willing to lend an ear to anything you may need. Not just because you're now my deputy- but I always have." She flashed a small smile, tilting her head in return. He now held a rank that was due respect in its own right, after all.

As the tom thought about the best way to execute the task at paw, Mottlestar simply allowed him to think. She'd be a guiding tail if needed, but it seemed that he had great ideas already. "Good thinking. They certainly don't know how to truly keep secrets, so that's one easy group to rule out." The tip of her tail twitched as she herself thought. "I certainly have no problem with being the one to give the order, but I do hope you'll join me when I give it. Perhaps, as you structure patrols to benefit, I could come along on a patrol when it is time? As much seclusion as my den offers, a curious eye might want to know what happened if we talk with another warrior in here." She offered. Sure, Mottlestar often had visitors, but she was still the leader. Curious minds always wanted to know why someone was talking to her. "Otherwise, let us do our best not to let this consume our thoughts... it may lead us down a false trail. But is there anything else that you'd like to talk about, Darkspirit? Anything at all?" The leader offered gently. Otherwise, they had the information that they did and their plan in place. There was truly no need to keep drilling about it for the time being.

Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C]   Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C] EmptyFri 17 Mar 2023 - 19:54

Darkspirit nodded at the plan to bring the selected cat on patrol. He'd need to learn them all first and... boy did he have some catching up to do. It would be a good thing, both for this mission and for him as the deputy to learn his clanmates. It would help him organize defenses better if, Stars forbid, war would bring itself to Thunderclan camp. He hoped it wouldn't. As far as he knew, Thunderclan was on at least neutral terms with everyone. He had no intention to change that.

"Nothing else for now." He replied, sparing one more look out the entrance of the leader's den. They still had time to speak if they wanted, but not too long. The patrol Starlingflare was on would be back before the sun completely set. His eyes went back to the leader with a sudden question in his mind.

"Well, maybe one question. Why did you choose me? I hardly know any of my clanmates Mottlestar. Maybe my sister covered for me, I don't know, but I patrolled alone since before Stoatstar abandoned the clan. If it wasn't for me coming back to camp at night and sleeping in the warrior's den I may as well have been a rogue. So why? Aren't you worried that I might..."

His voice trailed off and he had to take a breath. Even now, he had a hard time speaking about him.

"End up like my dad?"

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C]   Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C] EmptyThu 23 Mar 2023 - 18:12

It was the question that everyone wanted an answer to, for one reason or another. Why me? Mottlestar herself had found the question lingering on her tongue many times. Why had she been the one chosen to be Minnowfin's mate, why had she been the one to step in his paws much too soon? Why had the stars been so cruel to her? Why had she strayed from the path? Why, why why why... It was a magical question. One where the answers were seldom there.

However, in this case, there actually was an answer. A humbled look appeared to her features, and the molly once more sat down. Tilting her head just slightly, the tip of her tail twitched before she answered. "It is most often those who work and life in the background of the busiest of Clan life who notice the most, Darkspirit." It was a bit ominous, but it was the truth. The quietest voices spent the least time talking, so they were able to notice it the most. "If you were to end up like your father, you would have done so when I was compromised from just having given birth to my kits, and Minnowfin was ill." Her statement was rather nonchalant, but it was the truth. For any time of insurrection? That was the perfect opportunity. A struggling deputy, backed by a leader who was only struggling even more.

Releasing a breath she had unintentionally held, Mottlestar let out a single chuckle. "Darkspirit, I chose you because I see myself in you. A cat who found themselves in the background, but caring and noticing much. You already brought to my attention an issue that has potentially stayed out of our senses for much longer than it should have. You have been on the outside, solitary, but still dedicating yourself to this in its entirety. Do you not think I worried when I chose Thistlemask as my deputy, only to then overhear her and Nightstar having a confrontation in our own camp about how she had been near a Shadowclan raid that left many dead? She came to me in confidence about that. For all of the wrong paths that your father went down, there is still nobility. A drive to follow and protect those closest. I'm not saying Dawnhawk did anything right, or that he was a good cat. But you come from a line of leaders, and there is clearly a reason for that." She didn't believe much in genetic prophecy, but there was still something to be said about him being a grandson of the former Bloodstar. His previous name escaped her tongue, but it existed within there somehow.

"I trust you, because you have shown a steady dedication all this time. That deserves to be recognized. Don't overthink what I said too hard, though. I still don't truly know why I ended up as deputy, either." Mottlestar gave a polite chuckle, the sound being her go-to for easing any tension. "I don't believe Stoatstar for a moment when he gave you the name of 'Darkspirit.' I firmly believe you are anything but." Something compelled her to add that on, and her gaze moved away from the chimera tom as she contemplated her next words. "Should you... ever want your name to change, to reflect who you actually are and not just be some vindictive statement made by a frustrated tom, let me know. I would be more than happy to oblige your request."

Back to top Go down
Tara

Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C]   Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C] EmptySun 26 Mar 2023 - 16:51

Darkspirit was... very unaccustomed to hearing any sort of praise for himself as well as his father. He and Dawnhawk... noble? He supposed it was true, though he grudgingly made himself see it. Dawnhawk had been a monster, but he seemed to love his kits more fiercely than he could say for some parents in the forest. He pushed the rest of the thoughts away from him. He didn't need to linger on it for long. He was too used to thinking of Dawnhawk as Morningstar, and he would rather it stay that way.

Then the origins of his name was brought up and his ears slanted back. It was a sensitive thing for him, but he still had to ponder Mottlestar's words. A name change? Would that even make a difference after all of this time? Maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't. He didn't know.

"I'm not sure, honestly. I don't love my name, but maybe there is a weird part of me that wants to feel like I can prove that I'm not what Stoatstar thought I was. Maybe... maybe after... I will ask for name change. I don't even know what I would want to be called." In truth, he never even considered the act. He didn't know what else to say or even really what he thought about it.

"Anyway that's all I have to report I guess. I should probably get out before the patrol I sent him on comes back. I don't want him to suspect anything anymore than he already might." If Mottlestar had nothing else to say, then he would take his leave.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C]   Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

Too late to hide, So long. Goodbye. [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Camp-
Jump to: