Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

curing boredom [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
starry

starry

Taurus Rat
Number of posts : 85

curing boredom [open] Empty
PostSubject: curing boredom [open]   curing boredom [open] EmptyTue 7 Mar 2023 - 21:18

Fogkit had learned quickly that being a kit meant many rules and limitations. Mainly, he wasn't permitted to explore the territory. He longed to climb the trees that he saw every single day. His mother had told him when he had asked to leave that he wasn't allowed to until he was an apprentice. He found that dumb; he could easily protect himself! But rules were rules, and he was forced to follow them. So, for now, he spent his time in camp. Besides eating and sleeping, there wasn't much to do, but he had found ways to entertain himself. Sometimes, a leaf would drift down, or he would find a moss ball. Some of the older cats were eager to speak with him, and they had intriguing stories...occasionally. The wind was calm; no visitors fell from above into the young kit's paws. He looked up at the sky, observing the shapes of the clouds. That occupied him for a few more minutes until boredom struck again. Rising from his spot on the ground, he looked for someone to speak with. So long as he didn't have to talk much, he enjoyed listening to others. A few warriors were leaving for a patrol, and he didn't want to bother them. Some of the older cats took their duties very seriously. There weren't many other kits his age in the nursery to play with, and he didn't enjoy it very much anyways. He preferred to spend his time alone, but today had him seriously bored. And the apprentices were all doing exactly what he wished he was, training outside of camp. He huffed slightly, disappointed in his lack of results. Perhaps somebody would approach him, or he would find a new source of entertainment. He couldn't wait until he was an apprentice and got the freedom he longed for. He sat down again, licking the fur that covered his legs. He didn't like the feeling of burrs stuck in his pelt, or anything, for that matter. He removed them, unlodging them and placing them in a pile beside him. When he was done, he sat still for a few minutes, lost in thought. He watched two elders chatting with each other, reminiscing over their younger moons. Fogkit wished he could speak with others that easily, but often he felt disconnected from them.

Condorkit of Skyclan | #7b6a87 10 HP / 30 SP
character profiles
Back to top Go down
LittleWitchCat

LittleWitchCat

Characters : (Cr)anekit - (B)urrpaw - (C)elandinepaw
Clan/Rank : (Cr)- rc kit (B)- wc app (C)- skc app
Gemini Dog
Number of posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: curing boredom [open]   curing boredom [open] EmptyTue 7 Mar 2023 - 22:32

Celandinekit

Skyclan • Kit • ♀ • 10 [hp] | 30 [sp] • #F7D595

Every day that passed by, Celandinekit remained out of the nursery longer. She wasn't getting lost whenever she played around the camp anymore and she wasn't so nervous around her clanmates. She was growing up.

Today, the kit didn't have a goal in mind. So, she decided to just walk the perimeter of the camp and maybe she'd find something to do that way. However, there was no luck so far. Nothing was catching her eye. She didn't mind, though. Walking was something she thoroughly enjoyed.

When her eyes scanned the area, they soon fell upon a small figure sitting not far from her. It was one of the younger kits. She didn't know his name but she had seen him around in the nursery. She never introduced herself before since she was a little shy but maybe she could talk to him today?

With her mind made up, Celandinekit walked over to the other kit with a pleasant expression. "Hello," she mewed, "Could I join you today? I don't have much to do." She shuffled her paws and then continued, "I'm Celandinekit. What's your name?"

Requirements:

Credits: original code (edited and added to by me) | other code 1 | other code 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3
Back to top Go down
starry

starry

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: curing boredom [open]   curing boredom [open] EmptyWed 8 Mar 2023 - 17:16

Fogkit hadn't sensed the other kit approaching him until she was directly beside him. He jumped slightly, startled by the sudden noise. Upon turning his head, he realized it was just another kit. She was quiet as she spoke, but he vaguely recognized her. She was a few moons older than him if he recalled correctly. From what he'd observed, she was pretty shy. He would rather speak with someone quieter than a loud, rambunctious cat. He nodded at her request. His mother always told him he needed to make more friends; maybe this was an opportunity to give it a try. "I'm bored too. I wish I could do something- anything else would be better than this." he huffed in reply, his frustration apparent. Taking a breath to center himself, he continued. He didn't want to seem rude; he was simply tired of having nothing new to experience. "My name's Fogkit." He wasn't sure what to say after, so he waited for the she-cat to continue the conversation. She'd initiated it, so she probably had some plan on what to talk about. Or they could sit there in awkward silence. Honestly, he preferred it to empty small talk. He readjusted his position, laying down to stretch out his back. His head was still tilted towards the other kit. Maybe she would have an exciting story or an interesting fact he didn't know. Anything was better than the rampant boredom he was experiencing.

character profiles
Back to top Go down
LittleWitchCat

LittleWitchCat

Gemini Dog

PostSubject: Re: curing boredom [open]   curing boredom [open] EmptyWed 8 Mar 2023 - 23:42

Celandinekit

The she-kit gave him a sympathetic look at his blatant frustration. She, too, was a victim of boredom more often than not. As she grew older, just playing or wandering around no longer satisfied her as it used to. She wanted to do something more but it just wasn't possible at her age. All she could do was wait.

"I understand," she mewed softly. "I can't wait for my apprentice ceremony. Things will be better then." She shrugged and then smiled wistfully. "My momma tells me to be patient but it's hard. I'm just too excited." She shook her head. She hoped the moons would pass quicker. For now, she just had to learn all she could to prepare and also get to know her clanmates.

Celandinekit sat down and got comfortable once she was sure the other kit didn't mind her there. "Nice to meet you, Fogkit." She nodded at the other kit. She stretched her paws out in front of her. She let some silence come between them before asking, "What are you looking forward to most when you become an apprentice? I'm curious about the other clans. What's unique about them? What are their leaders like? Stuff like that."

Requirements:

Credits: original code (edited and added to by me) | other code 1 | other code 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3
Back to top Go down
starry

starry

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: curing boredom [open]   curing boredom [open] EmptyThu 9 Mar 2023 - 17:42

Fogkit was glad the she-cat seemed to relate to him. Whenever he expressed his woes to an older cat, they told him to 'enjoy his youth.' It was hard to enjoy doing nothing, he thought. She seemed to have a pretty optimistic outlook on things. He nodded enthusiastically "Mine tells me the same thing." he replied quietly, letting her continue to lead the conversation. The tom was content with responding every once in a while. He was sick of doing absolutely nothing. He nodded at her, acknowledging her statement. Humming in agreement, he fiddled with his paws, absorbing the silence. Just as he was about to pipe up, Celandinekit spoke again. He disagreed with her there, though. He didn't care much about the other clans. "Eh," he shrugged noncomitally. "I just wanna see more nature. Explore the territory." he explained wistfully. He'd spent nights imagining running through the forest, climbing trees, and watching prey. He wasn't as sure about the hunting part, but he'd love to observe. He found everything so interesting; he wanted to learn everything he could. He hoped he would get a mentor who would teach him that. Or at the very least, one who gave him the freedom to discover things on his own.

character profiles
Back to top Go down
LittleWitchCat

LittleWitchCat

Gemini Dog

PostSubject: Re: curing boredom [open]   curing boredom [open] EmptySat 11 Mar 2023 - 1:01

Celandinekit

Her eyes lit up at the mention of nature! "Ah! That has me interested as well." That had been one of the main reasons she had wanted to become an apprentice! The territory must have so much for her to explore and uncover. The only reason she had gotten hooked on learning more about the other clans was that she had listened in to a group of warriors discussing the topic. She was all for learning anything she could so her interest was piqued. Maybe once both of them become apprentices, they could explore the territory in-depth together. She wasn't sure if he'd be interested but it never hurt to ask.

"Fogkit? Once we both become apprentices, would you like to explore the territory together?" She tilted her head. "It's okay if you'd rather go about it by yourself. The offer will always be open. I just thought to ask in case you'd ever want some company." She smiled pleasantly. The age of six moons for her wasn't so out of her reach anymore. All her dreams would become a reality soon and she could hardly contain her enthusiasm.

Requirements:

Click sig for picrew link!
Back to top Go down
starry

starry

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: curing boredom [open]   curing boredom [open] EmptySun 12 Mar 2023 - 17:50

Fogkit nodded enthusiastically. He didn't like to talk much, but he could ramble for hours about nature. He'd picked up a few interesting tidbits from warriors, although they seemed keener to discuss battles. More than anything, he wanted to experience it for himself. Studying how a live raccoon or squirrel behaved or examining a patch of flowers was his goal for his apprenticeship. Right now, though, he had to make do with what he had available. Mainly prey and the few plants that grew inside the camp. He wanted to learn more about medicine cat herbs too. He was drawn from his thinking at Celandinekit's voice. He'd forgotten he was conversing with the molly. Although being social wasn't his favorite, he could appreciate her company. She seemed to enjoy things he found worthwhile, unlike some of his clanmates. "Yeah, I'd definitely like to go by myself some." he paused for a moment before remembering to reply to her request. "Exploring with you would be enjoyable too, though. I like your company." And that wasn't a lie to make her feel better; he truly enjoyed being around her. More so than others he had encountered. She didn't seem to find him odd or offputting, which was refreshing.

character profiles
Back to top Go down
LittleWitchCat

LittleWitchCat

Gemini Dog

PostSubject: Re: curing boredom [open]   curing boredom [open] EmptyWed 15 Mar 2023 - 23:16

Celandinekit

Celandinekit's eyes lit up at the reply she got. It made her feel all warm and fuzzy. He enjoyed her company? Maybe they could grow to be friends! She had always wanted friends. Her mother always encouraged her to get to know others and she'd be happy to know that she was doing just that and that it was slowly working.

"Okay," she purred with a firm nod. "I'm looking forward to that." She tilted her head before adding, "I like your company too, by the way. It's relaxing and comfortable." She gave him a bright smile. She then settled down, thinking for a bit.

She sat back up after she had spaced out. "Have you ever been inside the medicine cat's den? I haven't gotten a chance to ask Plumleaf if I can take a look because she's so busy. I've been told that she's really nice and will let you in if you ask," she gushed for a moment before settling down. "I have always wondered about herbs and how Plumleaf knows which ones to use. My momma said that it's a tough but rewarding job. I just have so much to ask her..." She trailed off as her mind wandered once again.

Requirements:

Back to top Go down
starry

starry

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: curing boredom [open]   curing boredom [open] EmptyFri 17 Mar 2023 - 10:01

Fogkit was content talking to Celandinekit. She didn't make him feel nervous or awkward, at least, not as  much as other cats did. "I am too. I'm really excited to climb the trees." he mewed, excitement exuding from his voice. When he became more comfortable with cats, he tended to speak less monotonously, and actually show some emotions. He nodded back at her with a slight smile, breathing deeply as she adjusted herself. At her question, he shook his head. He'd always wondered about the medicine den too. "No, I haven't, but I really want to. I find it so interesting that herbs can have so many uses." He glanced back at the medicine den as his companion continued to speak. "If you ever talk with her, let me know what she says. I'm sure it would be interesting."

He shook his fur slightly, watching a group of warriors and apprentices return from the forest. "I can't wait until that's us." He flicked his tail towards the group of cats.

character profiles
Back to top Go down
LittleWitchCat

LittleWitchCat

Gemini Dog

PostSubject: Re: curing boredom [open]   curing boredom [open] EmptyTue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:56

Celandinekit

Celandinekit nodded eagerly. "Hopefully I get a chance to talk with her one day-" She thought for a moment before smiling brightly. "Hey! Why don't you come with me when I ask her? We can both learn things together." She tilted her head. "I'm sure she wouldn't mind just the both of us there. We won't cause trouble." She shook her head and purred. She was eager to learn but didn't go overboard and Fogkit was quiet and smart. Neither of them were the type to cause trouble.

Fogkit's voice broke through her thoughts. She turned to look at what he was gesturing at. She smiled wistfully at the group. "I can't wait either." She turned back to Fogkit, eyes bright. "It won't be long before that is us. I'm almost six moons old and you're not that much younger than me."

She looked pensive for a moment before she spoke again, "Have you ever wondered who your mentor will be? I don't know many warriors but all the ones I have met are pretty nice. They all have apprentices though so I think mine's going to be someone I don't really know... " She shrugged. "I don't mind. I'd like to get to know everyone so it isn't a bad thing for me. I'm just a bit nervous. I hope they like me well enough..."

Requirements:

Back to top Go down
starry

starry

Taurus Rat

PostSubject: Re: curing boredom [open]   curing boredom [open] EmptySun 26 Mar 2023 - 17:44

Fogkit was pleasantly surprised with the idea. He hadn't thought of it himself, and although it would be nice to go alone, there were certain benefits to going with Celandinekit. The medicine cat would be more likely to agree if multiple kits were there, and they could ask more questions. Plus, his friend could do more of the talking and niceties, and he could do more listening and asking his own questions. It seemed to be a win-win situation all around. "That's a good idea! he mewed thoughtfully in reply.

At her next statement, he nodded. He was pretty sure the she-cat was only above him by one or two moons- meaning their ceremonies would be close together. "Yeah, your ceremony will be any day now, and mine should be soon after." There wasn't much that could delay an apprentice ceremony, since it was so important to a clan's success. Apprentices meant more prey and more cats to defend against enemies. He was sure the deputy and leader wanted to do them as soon as possible. At least, he would if he was in their position.

The kit chuckled lightly. He'd spent a lot of his time pondering over his mentor options, actually. He was glad she had brought it up, so he could share his ideas on the topic. "Yeah, I've been keeping track. There's only a few warriors without apprentices- younger ones, mostly. I'm sure that's who Wolfblossom will select from." Besides that, he wasn't quite sure how the selections were determined. Maybe he could be able to ask the deputy sometime, or another cat who knew the answer.

character profiles
Back to top Go down
LittleWitchCat

LittleWitchCat

Gemini Dog

PostSubject: Re: curing boredom [open]   curing boredom [open] EmptyWed 29 Mar 2023 - 19:36

Celandinekit

Her eyes lit up at Fogkit's words. Woah! It was so neat that he'd been keeping track of the warriors. It was a smart idea! It narrowed down the list of potential mentors.

She wished she had gotten to talk to more warriors, though. She only knew a few and she was sure that most of those were a bit older and already had apprentices. She tried to recall any of the younger warriors' names but none seemed to come to her mind. She was just not good with names. Perhaps Fogkit knew their names? She might remember if she heard them.

"You're very smart for doing that. It'll make it easier to find out," she praised. "Do you have the names of the young warriors? Maybe I can remember if I've met them or not." She looked thoughtful before speaking up once more, "Do you think Wolfblossom might tell us or do you think she'd just keep it a surprise? I like good surprises so I don't mind if she won't say anything about it but it'd be interesting to know."

Requirements:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: curing boredom [open]   curing boredom [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

curing boredom [open]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp-
Jump to: