Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

sin triangle [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

sin triangle [C] Empty
PostSubject: sin triangle [C]   sin triangle [C] EmptyTue 28 Feb 2023 - 14:55

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Rowanpaw

The season tried to change almost immediately after the rescue from Fourtrees. Leaf-bare still clung to the air, putting a shiver-worthy bite on the wind and allowing stubborn piles of snow to stick to the ground, floes of ice stuck choking in the river. But while all the signs of cold, dark seasons remained, new-leaf fought to present itself in turn: the sun was warm, even if the heat was muted; RiverClan's camp was no longer a mix of slush and sand, the half-melted snow finally cleared; Rowanpaw even thought he'd heard distant, distant birdsong that he didn't recognize and wondered if it was passing new-leaf birds he'd been too young to hear when he was born. As he watched cats pass through camp, his attention was drawn to a slim form returning with a patrol. Toadpaw– one of the new apprentices he hadn't mustered the will to speak with yet. After a moment of consideration, he rolled up to his paws, taking a moment to stretch his back and mutter goodbye to his warm-enough sunning spot before trotting off, cutting the dark-coated apprentice off when he'd only barely made it fully into camp.

"Hail," Rowanpaw mewed brightly, tail waving in greeting and a faint smile starting to grow. "Toadpaw, correct? I have taken it upon myself to introduce us more formally. It is a shame we could not during my– absence, but this should suffice, no? Join me for a fish, perhaps, and I am sure you will think of something interesting to share of yourself." He pushed his chest out as he spoke, attempting to look more composed than he had of late, but the light stirring only set his bell ringing. The stupid ting felt louder here than it ever had in that forsaken nest, loud enough Rowanpaw thought it might split his ears. Biting on his own tongue to suppress a wince from the noise, Rowanpaw forced his smile to stretch a little wider and inclined his head toward the fresh-kill pile.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

sin triangle [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: sin triangle [C]   sin triangle [C] EmptyFri 3 Mar 2023 - 18:54

↞ TOADPAW ↠

Toadpaw understood about two or three of those words.

Rowanpaw was one of the RiverClan apprentices Toadpaw had never gotten to meet; twolegs had ravaged the forest and stolen countless cats before Toadpaw had even been born. He was aware of what had happened, but if he had to be honest he hadn’t expected them to come back. Getting kidnapped by twolegs was, like, the ultimate Youre-Never-Seeing-This-Cat-Again moment. He would never voice it to any of his senior clanmates, but those poor kidnapped cats were as good as dead.

They weren’t dead, which was surprising. And they all came pouring back into RiverClan and began to start their life anew as it was before, which was even more surprising. It was like waking up next to someone you’d never seen before.

Maybe “like” wasn’t the right word, since it made it sound like a metaphor. It wasn’t a metaphor; Toadpaw had woken up next to Rowanpaw in the apprentice den and nearly shot straight out of his pelt.

Either way, life in RiverClan continued on, this time with camp feeling a little more stuffier than Toadpaw was used to. He didn’t mind it, however— more clanmates just meant more friends he hadn’t made quite yet. Rowanpaw would be a good contender for one of those aforementioned friends, if he spoke in a way that made any sense at all to Toadpaw. If he was like this all the time, the tom wasn’t sure how he would cope.

”Um.” Toadpaw started, intelligent as ever. The bell tied around Rowanpaw’s neck was deeply distracting. ”Sure? I don’t have anything to do today, I don’t think— though I’m not sure if I have anything interesting to talk about.”

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

sin triangle [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: sin triangle [C]   sin triangle [C] EmptySun 5 Mar 2023 - 19:11

The briefest hesitance made Rowanpaw’s ears flick, silently gauging which direction this conversation would turn before Toadpaw would speak again. He wasn’t left to wonder long, as an agreement– however uncertain –came soon. Rowanpaw’s smile turned beaming, a deliberate flash of teeth, and he spun on his pads without pause. “Wonderful! Come, then.” Jerking his head to beckon Toadpaw along, he padded toward the fresh-kill pile. Picking out a fish large enough to share, he trotted to a sun-warmed spot nearby, settling down comfortably.

Once the other apprentice was close enough, Rowanpaw made a sweeping motion with his tail, signaling him to settle down. “You cannot have been serious, that you did not have anything interesting to share.” A soft, teasing purr edged the words. For once, he did not want to talk about himself; he had done enough of that for a little while. Even if it wasn’t about himself directly, Toadpaw was bound to have at least seen something interesting. The forest had been through quite a bit while he was away.

Resting his chin on his paws, Rowanpaw went on idly, “I am sure we could think of something together. Have you a favorite color? Favorite prey? Oh, or perhaps you would like to share that you are fond of long, quiet walks by the river.” He snickered, rich and warm, before settling himself with a quiet sigh. “It is hard meeting someone at the crux of their lives, isn’t it? A shame that is where I come in. But as Clanmates and now-denmates, we will make due.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

sin triangle [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: sin triangle [C]   sin triangle [C] EmptyMon 6 Mar 2023 - 19:21

↞ TOADPAW ↠

Rowanpaw was a very interesting cat. Normally, Toadpaw has an immediate first impression and sticks with it, but the tom was very quickly discovering that Rowanpaw might not be as difficult to talk to as he originally anticipated. He still didn’t understand him very well, but at least wasn’t boring to talk to. That being said, however, Toadpaw still had no earthly idea how to respond to any question Rowanpaw asked.

”Uh… green?” He stuttered out, attempting in vain to piece together everything Rowanpaw had said. Something about colors and whatever a “crux” was. Toadpaw just nodded along in solidarity. Whatever it was, it sure sounded profound. ”I like green, and fish, and walks are pretty fun. Do you wanna go on a walk? I mean— after you’re done with that fish. Or if you’d like to share we could— I mean, you don’t have to—“

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

sin triangle [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: sin triangle [C]   sin triangle [C] EmptySun 12 Mar 2023 - 3:43

Rowanpaw laughed again at Toadpaw’s uneasy answer, and continued to giggle through the rest of his words. Toadpaw was proving to be a decent distraction, as Rowanpaw only wanted to bite his tongue somewhat instead of entirely. “Oh, I do apologize,” he sighed between his dying laughter. “I just– it is quite entertaining, how baffled you seem by my questions. Your eyes go quite wide when I speak.” He was starting to snicker again, and it was only barely that he managed to keep it down. Though he was clearly making fun, Rowanpaw’s voice was kind. “Charming, watching one flutter so whilst deciding between a meal and a stroll.”

Leaning forward slightly, Rowanpaw nosed the fish closer to his companion before settling again. “Green is a fair choice, I suppose; I will allow it. And I do not mind sharing. I likely would not have finished it anyway. And besides,” he yawned, feigning only a mild interest, “if we share, the fish will be gone swifter. The swifter the fish is gone, the swifter we may go for a walk, and I am quite fond of them myself.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

sin triangle [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: sin triangle [C]   sin triangle [C] EmptyTue 28 Mar 2023 - 23:04

↞ TOADPAW ↠

Toadpaw wasn’t quite sure if Rowanpaw was laughing at him because he found him funny— which would worry him, because he wasn’t trying to be— or because he was making fun of him. It would be easier to tell if Rowanpaw spoke like a normal cat. ”You think I’m charming?” Toadpaw stuttered out after a moment or two of trying to understand the words falling out of Rowanpaw’s mouth. He must actually find him funny, then. That was new; most cats found him annoying. ”Thank you— I mean, sure, I guess. Or— yeah! I am charming! I’ll take that half, if you don’t mind!”

Toadpaw was hesitant to show Rowanpaw his best skill, especially after he called him charming, but the thought of sitting through an awkward meal made the dark tom’s stomach turn. Plus, if he and Rowanpaw were to one day be friends, the reddish tom would simply have to get used to it. Without much warning, Toadpaw batted towards him a broken off piece of fish with his paw, quickly scarfing the entire thing down in one fell gulp. Toadpaw hardly needed to even chew at this point— he had been eating this way since he was a kit. The faster he eats, the faster he can play. ”Lets go then!”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sin triangle [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: sin triangle [C]   sin triangle [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

sin triangle [C]
Page 1 of 1