Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

thorn in my side | closed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

thorn in my side | closed Empty
PostSubject: thorn in my side | closed   thorn in my side | closed EmptyMon 30 Jan 2023 - 2:12

─FOXPAW
"And then I brought my massive claws down on it! But it was still breathin'! The thing wouldn't die I swear!" he chirped absentmindedly to Thornstalker as they padded into the forest. His hunting thus far had been pretty unsuccessful, but it wouldn't stop him from spinning tales to anyone who would listen, and as it seemed to him...his mentor didn't have much of a choice than to listen to him. The tom turned from his mentor to the terrain. He wondered what she was like as an apprentice. She was probably much smaller than she was now. And that was saying something. When he was first apprenticed the tom wasn't much shorter than the she-cat and now at almost 12 moons, Foxpaw was level with her, on a good day when his fur was particularly messy - maybe taller. His lanky figure was slowly gaining muscle on his hind legs, though his slim body allowed him to gracefully dance between branches just as his mother taught him. The tom considered jumping into the branches of the trees near them at that moment but figured he'd best work on his ground skills. He'd need to be a good ground hunter as well as from the sky to be a good warrior, now, wouldn't he?

Foxpaw scented the air before breaking off from his mentor for a moment, having scented a squirrel around forty feet to their right. The tom lowered himself to the ground to blend with the underbrush. He was usually aptly colored for the forest (being able to use his coat to blend into the deepest shadows of the trees) but it was harder in the winter when the snow was so blinding, so he would have to be extra stealthy while sneaking up on the creature.

He moved through the brush silently as the squirrel came into view. The apprentice lowered himself for the pounce, smiling with pride when he did just that as he launched forward.

Foxpaw is attempting to catch a squirrel! He failed and encountered a Twoleg trap!

Foxpaw dove after the squirrel, curving around a tree, not paying attention to what was really in front of him the apprentice found himself face to face with a trap! It happened faster than he could comprehend: the squirrel had shot into the cage, the top snapped down right on top of Foxpaw's tail! Letting out a yowl he ripped his rail from the trap, the metal ripping the fur from the top of it. The apprentice panted, trying to slow his heart rate as he curled his injured tail around him, gingerly licking at the wound. It wasn't too bad, but would definitely leave a small kink. "I'm okay." he meowed strongly, hiding his tail from his mentor's view,"Let's...let's keep hunting." The tom was determined to bring something home.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten

Last edited by kiikko on Mon 30 Jan 2023 - 16:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15020

PostSubject: thorn in my side | closed   thorn in my side | closed EmptyMon 30 Jan 2023 - 2:12

The member 'kiikko' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

thorn in my side | closed Mistpe10
thorn in my side | closed Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9978

PostSubject: Re: thorn in my side | closed   thorn in my side | closed EmptyTue 31 Jan 2023 - 20:05

Thornstalker didn't really pay much mind to Foxpaw's words.. All she did was acknowledge the tom with a small hum to show she was listening, which she was, she just wasn't really absorbing any of it. The small pale warrior paused when her apprentice stepped away from her side. She didn't want to take the chance of alerting whatever it was that he encountered but that idea was short lived.

The yowl had her scampering over real quick, with a simple "Stars no.." Leaving her maw. She arrived just in time to see him pull his tail free.. no blood or anything but it still must have been painful. Blue eyes looked over her apprentice again and again searching for any other sign that he wasn't okay, but found now, besides maybe being a little shaken up. "If you insist.. If something changes.. or if you change your mind let me know." She hoped Foxpaw knew his limits and would tell her when he hit them.

With one last glance at Foxpaw the warrior moved on, sitting there worrying about it won't change anything. He was nearly a warrior now and he was allowed to make choices by himself. She covered a bit of ground before coming across a simple robin. Following what was muscle memory at this point, the small warrior pounced. She was quick to bury the bird so she could claim it later. For now she wanted to keep any eye on Foxpaw.

Thornstalker attempted to catch a bird, successful! -5 SP

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart

Last edited by Reaper King on Tue 31 Jan 2023 - 20:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15020

PostSubject: Re: thorn in my side | closed   thorn in my side | closed EmptyTue 31 Jan 2023 - 20:05

The member 'Reaper King' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

thorn in my side | closed Mistpe10
thorn in my side | closed Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thorn in my side | closed   thorn in my side | closed Empty

Back to top Go down

thorn in my side | closed
Page 1 of 1