Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Just Passing Through (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1256

Just Passing Through (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Just Passing Through (closed)   Just Passing Through (closed) EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023 - 20:33

Being excised from her clan gave the she-cat a proper excuse to explore the forest, and Silverwing was more than happy to abuse such an excuse. She had been fortunate enough to not meet any patrols thus far, but as she crossed into Skyclan's territory something set the silver she-cat on edge. Skyclan loved to climb, that much everyone knew, but knowing that there might be an angry Skyclanner sitting in one of the trees above her was scary! She wouldn't remain in Skyclan's territory for long though, Silverwing's journey was leading her past Skyclan, all she had to do was avoid detection while she cut through their territory, their... creepy territory. Silverwing's eyes remained glued to the treeline above as she padded deeper into Skyclan territory. Then it happened. While being observant of that which was above her, the she-cat had been ignoring that which was in front of her, and the cat that she had just walked right into. Big! And Fluffy! Despite the fear she should have felt in the moment, Silverwing was stuck staring at the giant she-cat with no thought in her mind aside from what she might do with all that fur given the chance!

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Just Passing Through (closed) Output12                   Just Passing Through (closed) Output10                          Just Passing Through (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

PostSubject: Re: Just Passing Through (closed)   Just Passing Through (closed) EmptyThu 2 Feb 2023 - 20:41

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Though she should have learned better many, many seasons ago– particularly this recent one –Birdstar was naïve enough to think this would be a quiet patrol. And so far, it had been: she'd been lucky enough not to encounter any twolegs, though she did have to skirt a few traps as she passed under the bare trees. A part of her hoped the silence would be disrupted by the appearance of Plumleaf, or Beechfang, or Blackbear with Crookedpaw in tow... but none of those familiar faces seemed to be appear. So, however achingly, she'd resigned herself to just hoping for quiet. A walk through the territory, paws crunching over snow, and not worrying about rebuilding or recovering for a moment.

As she walked though, cat-scent caught her attention. It carried no strong Clan scent with it; the muddle tang of many borders crossed, the earthenness that clung to WindClan's pelts, but it was hard to say whether or not that was just another crossed border. Immediately, Birdstar's hackles raised and her muscles tightened as she padded cautiously forward. Had a rogue slipped past their borders? Was she expecting a fight? With chin raised and ears pinned back, she continued onward, until she was lead to the silvery cat wandering their woods. ...with her head tipped back, staring haplessly into the branches. Birdstar's jaw worked, wanting to call out a greeting (or a warning), but the intruder walked idly along until running nose-first into her chest. With an amused huff, Birdstar tipped her head down, expression unreadable as she took in the other she-cat. "I don't believe I know you. Care to tell me why you're running into me, then?"

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

PostSubject: Re: Just Passing Through (closed)   Just Passing Through (closed) EmptySat 4 Feb 2023 - 12:27

Silverwing's eyes grew wide as the giant peered down at her, and a sweet voice left it. That... That was definitely strange, hearing such a sweet voice from such a monstrously huge cat, but something about that voice seemed really familiar to her. Moments passed as Silverwing continued to stare, and after what felt like hours the she-cat shook herself fiercely. Right, you've been caught, but it's not over yet! This cat doesn't seem too upset, maybe they'll let you go? "That's got a simple fix! My name is Silverwing!" A bit frantically she added, "B-But I'm not part of any clan! Nope, just passing through your, uh, lovely territory..." Stars, the longer she stared at this cat the more empty her head became. "You're very pretty!" Silverwing blurted out, reaching out a paw to try and touch the cat as she did. What are you doing?! Sharply, Silverwing drew her paw back before retreating a few steps. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that, it's just that I've never seen such a beautiful pelt before... And you're quite massive. It's just throwing me off a bit, um, did I ever introduce myself? I'm Silverwing. What was your question again? Right! I'm just trying to find some place to settle down, thought I'd give Twolegplace a quick once-over, I didn't intend to be on your land for long... Are you gonna hurt me?"

MORE ART!!:

Just Passing Through (closed) Output12                   Just Passing Through (closed) Output10                          Just Passing Through (closed) Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Just Passing Through (closed)   Just Passing Through (closed) EmptySat 4 Feb 2023 - 23:29

The spotted molly just stared for... for what seemed like a while, really, and Birdstar tilted her head to the side as she sputtered. Her neutral expression turned into plain curiosity, eyes widening slightly and ears raising as she took the stranger in. Her whiskers twitched at the name– Silverwing, who quickly assured that she wasn't a Clan cat... but that was definitely a warrior name. No strong Clan scent stuck to her, though. Silverwing went prattling on, earning a range of expressions from the leader– widened eyes at the compliment, a sharp look toward the reaching paw, then back to wide-eyed confusion again.

"I'm not going to hurt you," she answered quickly, then hesitated for a moment. Blinking down at Silverwing, she tilted her head further, mewing, "Did you say... pretty?" She... wasn't sure if she'd been called pretty before. She wasn't quite sure how to feel about it, either, but it was a compliment, so she allowed herself a reserved smile. She briefly twisted around, looking at her own pelt then down at her paws– stars, she forgot how big her family really was sometimes –before green eyes returned to the loner in front of her. "Thank you, I think. But," her tail flicked, and Birdstar shook her head to clear the stunned look from her face, returning to neutrality, "You have a Clan name. Are loners getting more creative, or are you running away?"

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Just Passing Through (closed)   Just Passing Through (closed) EmptySun 5 Feb 2023 - 19:25

Silverwing's eyes lit up as she earned a smile from the cat across from her, this was going well! This one didn't get upset over silly little compliments, unlike a certain Shadowclanner she knew. "I said very pretty! There's a difference, you know." As the she-cat in front of her took a moment to check herself out, Silverwing did the same only to turn her head away sharply as the giant's gaze returned. "I'm not a loner, and I'm not running away. I won't bore you with the details, but due to me doing certain things I got kicked out of my clan. I have nowhere to go, which is why I'm trying to make it to twolegplace, but something tells me I won't find much of a home there." The sheltered life of a kittypet just wasn't for her, but that didn't mean she couldn't meet a few of them and at least try to be coerced into such a lifestyle. Anything to not have to live alone in a barn... Not alone actually, there were plenty of mice to keep her company, though they didn't provide much in the way of a conversation. Turning back to the Skyclanner, Silverwing offered her a bright smile. "Y'know, you look reeeally familiar, have I met you before? I'm sure I'd remember your name if I did, but something about you just..." Cocking her head to the side, Silverwing continued her inspection of the cat, eyes roaming up and down her body. "I know you somehow, I'm sure of it."

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Just Passing Through (closed)   Just Passing Through (closed) EmptyMon 20 Feb 2023 - 18:03

The correction of very pretty earned only a quiet blink from Birdstar, a stiff shuffling of her paws. She still wasn't quite sure how to feel about it, especially not with the extra emphasis, but it wasn't... bad, she supposed. She had never considered herself a "pretty" cat– pretty in the way a badger could be, maybe. Shaking her head, she set herself squarer and kept her focus on what the spotted molly was saying. In the pause, Birdstar mewed, "I think I'd like to have details, actually. It's been... a little while, since I've heard of a cat being exiled. I'll imagine your situation was different, though, as this wasn't forest-wide news." Her tail curled back and forth slowly. Though, what could someone do to earn banishment that wasn't murder? And the flighty little cat in front of her hardly seemed malicious... Birdstar wondered.

An unprofessionally loud snort of amusement left her at the following questions. "Do you know me? I would hope so." There was no offense in her voice, just light surprise and amusement. "If you were present at the last Gathering, you would have heard me announce that I was taking up SkyClan's leadership in Briarstar's... absence. And if you paid attention at Gatherings before that, you would have seen me sitting alongside the deputies." She lifted her chin a little to emphasize her statements, though she didn't feel exceptional pride in her status. "I'm Birdstar. Leader of SkyClan."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Just Passing Through (closed)   Just Passing Through (closed) EmptyWed 22 Feb 2023 - 11:19

"I'm sure that I'm an evil cat since I got exiled, right? It would only make sense." She didn't really feel evil, but if exile wasn't a very common punishment then she must have been a very naughty cat to have earned it. "Let's see, where do I start?" Silverwing patted at the snow below her with a paw as she recollected all that had happened. It didn't really matter if this Skyclanner knew about it, what would she even do? "I guess it all started when I met Nightstar on a border patrol. I asked him a simple question and he blew up at me! All I did was ask him if Shadowclan really hunted frogs, that's it!" That was a reasonable question, he didn't have to threaten her over something that stupid! "A couple days later I, uh... It was a mouse-brained idea, but I crossed the Thunderpath and got caught. I was a little spooked so I slapped her- like this!" Silverwing's paw flew through the air. "No claws, just a slap. She threw mud in my eyes and I assumed we were even. Oh! When we were all living in Fourtrees I apologized to her too, but that didn't go well either. I asked to touch her tail on accident, and no matter how much I apologized for that she got upset and started being all nasty to me." Er, maybe she didn't need to say everything, but it felt really good to have someone to talk to.

"I didn't get busted for that immediately though. Windclan and Shadowclan were living at Highstones for a bit." Silverwing took a moment to calm herself. She didn't want to get worked up about what happened, that wasn't going to help her situation. "Nightstar and another warrior dragged two of my clanmates back to camp. Amberstone was covered in blood and looked like she was barely hanging on to her life, and the other was my apprentice. She wasn't hurt as bad as Amberstone, but she was crying and hurt still. I... I just kind of lost it when she pointed out the cat that did it to her, and I may have tried to, um... Kill him." Silverwing shivered. She didn't think murder was a possibility, but she had been ready to open his throat and spill the tom's blood all over Highstones. "His deputy stopped me, but Nightstar told Shrikestar about my trespassing. When we got back to camp he exiled me."

Silverwing sat back in the snow, eyes growing wide as the Skyclanner- no, Birdstar began to explain herself. "Oh, oh! Uh, where are my manners?" A leader? She had been talking to a leader this whole time?! Instant embarrassment filled the silver molly as she dipped her head respectfully. Stars, you've been speaking so casually to Skyclan's leader! Silverwing wasn't sure if she should feel proud of such a thing or scared that such a powerful cat was speaking to her. No wonder this cat didn't feel threatened by her presence, if prompted Birdstar could probably knock her lights out with a single paw! Ugh, and you called her pretty! A grey eye peeked up at Birdstar. "I-it's a pleasure to meet you, Birdstar, I'm Silverwing." You already said that! "I didn't know I was talking to someone so important! Stars, I wouldn't have called you pretty then, I'd have just kept that to myself... Did you change your mind on that whole hurting me thing?"

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: Just Passing Through (closed)   Just Passing Through (closed) EmptySat 25 Feb 2023 - 9:35

When prompted, Silverwing certainly had a lot to say– more than the fluttering over herself, at least. Birdstar did her best not to interrupt the regaling, though her jaw parted a few times in want to. Despite anything she wanted to say, she managed to keep her reactions to only a flickering of ears, a twitching of whiskers or waving of her tail. When Silverwing spoke of Highstones, Birdstar almost broke through her imposed silence. Though she didn't get more than a syllable out before cutting herself short, the shock was clear in her widened eyes, her ears set forward. If Silverwing wasn't exaggerating her tale... Birdstar's tail curled up against her own side. The idea of ShadowClan mauling two cats and dragging them shamelessly back to their Clan and the exile that followed appalled her– far more than the admission of attempted murder.

Casually, Birdstar reclined on her haunches, letting the stiffness ease out of her shoulders and her thick tail fall loosely at her side. An eased, relaxed position, like she was speaking to any friend or Clanmate. "I'm not that important," she promised with a shrug. There was a certain respect that being leader commanded, but she was just another cat. She didn't see the point in being stiff and formal, outside of politics. "Yes, it's a pleasure to meet you too, Silverwing. Don't apologize– you may have been the first cat to actually call me pretty. I... suppose I didn't mind? I've never heard it before. And no, I haven't changed my mind. I'm not going to hurt you." She nodded succinctly as she addressed each fluttered statement. Well, addressed all the less important statements. Birdstar's head quirked to the side, and she stared down at Silverwing for a long moment before speaking again.

"When I left camp, I was not expecting to run across a WindClan exile. An attempted murderer, no less. It seems SkyClan attracts the violent sort." A stiff snort left her. SkyClan certainly had a stained reputation; it would be comical, their history, if tragedy didn't follow it. And from what perspective the former warrior offered, she sounded like any one of them, vicious in protecting what they cared for. The tip of Birdstar's tail twitched thoughtfully. "I respect you though, Silverwing. Shrikestar seems a fool to exile a warrior like yourself. It may be that you were feather-brained to maul one of ShadowClan's own in front of two Clans– or to maul him at all, I suppose –but I would have done the same before becoming deputy. No, you shouldn't murder every cat that crosses you, but," Birdstar's expression hardened, eyes darkening. She was thinking of her mother. Clearing her throat, she tamped down thoughts of Beechfang and continued, "Stupidity is one half of bravery, I suppose. You were bold, to attack that cat. To stand up for your apprentice. Your exile may have been earned, had you actually killed him, but there's no honor in banishing a warrior with heart." She paused again, letting the words sink and letting her own thoughts spin. Her next words were a drawl, like she was still weighing them in her mind, but they did not come with hesitancy: "If the rats prove not to be good company, there is always a place in SkyClan for cats that care for those around them as you do."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Just Passing Through (closed)   Just Passing Through (closed) EmptyTue 28 Feb 2023 - 12:10

Not that important? You're Birdstar, leader of one of the five clans! How is that not important? Silverwing kept herself from voicing the thought, though she did take the opportunity to straighten herself back out. "Really? I'm the first? That doesn't seem right. To be completely honest, it seems like a sin that no one's told you that before." Birdstar was absolutely gorgeous, giant, and stars, all that fur! It just didn't make sense that she had gone all her life without being complimented like that. Wait, did that mean she didn't have a mate either? Where is your mind going? There was only one cat for Silverwing, and Birdstar was not that cat. Best to keep such silly thoughts from her head.

Birdstar wasn't wrong, but one single incident had been enough to brand her as a violent cat? She didn't feel violent, but she also wasn't sorry for what she had done... Maybe she was a violent cat, not fit to be a part of a clan. As Birdstar continued however, Silverwing found herself smiling warmly at the leader's compliments. Even if she did weave a couple of insults in there, earning the respect of a leader was still something to be proud of.

Birdstar's next words were a surprise. Silverwing blinked. Had she heard that right? Silverwing kept her mouth shut, letting the silence stretch on between them as she played back the leader's words in her mind. Over and over, making sure that she hadn't somehow misheard her. "You're... inviting me? To Skyclan?" Silverwing's words were laced with shock, something that she didn't let show on her face. She continued to smile dumbly at the leader, her mind working furiously to give a proper response. "I, uh, I don’t think... I'm not..." Part of her was still hoping that Shrikestar would reverse his decision, but joining another clan didn't just seem wrong, it also meant that she would be giving up on that hope. That wasn't to say she was completely disregarding the thought however. One meeting with Birdstar had made Silverwing feel more respected than she ever had under Shrikestar. "Thank you for the offer." She responded simply. A decision didn't have to be made immediately, but Silverwing would have a lot to think about when she returned to her barn this night. "It means a lot to me that you'd suggest something like that, I'll think about it." Her heart still belonged to Windclan, even if it had been squashed by Shrikestar. "Besides, the rats aren't that bad, they know how to keep a conversation at least."

MORE ART!!:

Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Passing Through (closed)   Just Passing Through (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Passing Through (closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory-
Jump to: