Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

One-on-One Time [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

One-on-One Time [C] Empty
PostSubject: One-on-One Time [C]   One-on-One Time [C] EmptySun 1 Jan 2023 - 4:11

Iceheart

Nightstar’s stress upon returning to ShadowClan was as clear as water from the river. Iceheart knew that he was struggling to keep up with all of the new things that happened in his absence, and while Iceheart was not around for any conversations between him and Leopardsun, she knew that news about Sablestrike’s attempts of upheaval (as well as his disappearance) would only further stress the poor leader. Iceheart did not envy him for his position, that was for sure. But he was her friend, and she was not going to let him wallow in any sadness or flounder in pools of stress.

“Accompany me for a walk,” Iceheart meowed to Nightstar. It was phrased like an order, but she did allow her voice to make it sound like a request. She knew he wouldn’t say no, though. They enjoyed time together. Iceheart thought very well of Nightstar, and the time they spent together was always pleasant.

They headed out of camp and Iceheart started on the loop near the Highstones that typical patrols have been taking as of late. They would be cautious of course, with the traps that still lay peppered around, but it was a time to at least try and relax.

“Tell me what’s been on your mind,” Iceheart requested coolly. “I can’t imagine it is the easiest thing, coming back to a stressed clan so shortly after the time spent with twolegs. You weren’t even given a night to rest.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: One-on-One Time [C]   One-on-One Time [C] EmptySun 15 Jan 2023 - 1:49

Nightstar was briefly startled by Iceheart's 'order/invitation' but complied nonetheless. It did not take long for Nightstar to follow after her, glad to leave the chaos behind and finally get some time for himself to just breathe. The silence that lingered between the two was not unwelcome, but Nightstar knew that wasn't something to last. Iceheart and his conversations seldom held silence for very long, as they were often discussing their troubles.

It appeared that it'd be no different, this time. But he found himself reluctant to speak of it, despite all of the going ons. So frequently he tried to crush his worries and anxiety underfoot like a bug, but with Iceheart... he couldn't do that. He never could do that no matter how much he wanted, even if sometimes he managed to flip it onto her and help her. He never wanted to talk about himself, it made him feel like... some whiny kitten, crying for attention.

It showed just how weak he was, it put cracks in the facade he had crafted himself as a confident, scary leader.

But how could he ever deny Iceheart?

That's what he's told himself at least.

"No. It's not." Nightstar paused, considering. "I don't begrudge any cat keeping me informed of what has transpired while I was gone. But I just cannot understand why Sablestrike was so determined to undermine my leadership and Leopardsun as deputy. I also cannot understand why Swiftheart would leverage her position as a council member several times to see him as a deputy - albeit temporary according to Leopardsun - or to see him on my council."

"Swiftheart gave me an ultimatum. If I didn't put Sablestrike on my council within the next moon, should he have returned, Swiftheart would remove herself. She stated that he would make mistakes but she would fix them. I- I removed her from the council immediately. I just-" Nightstar cut himself off with a hiss. "I was harsh. More than I've been with her, but she didn't give me any time. I just wanted to hunt with her and she got so suspicious of me and then did that to me. I never felt so betrayed, that she would use the position that I gave her against me. I know I acted out of paw but I couldn't stop myself." The tom sighed, his tail drooping from its usual raised confidence.

His sister doing what she did, hurt him a lot more than he thought she realized, and hurt a lot more than he thought it would as well. Sighing deeply, Nightstar looked anywhere but Iceheart. He didn't like how he acted with his sister, they had been close since they were kittens.

One-on-One Time [C] Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

PostSubject: Re: One-on-One Time [C]   One-on-One Time [C] EmptySun 15 Jan 2023 - 3:11

Iceheart

As always, Iceheart listened patiently. She did not interrupt Nightstar, and instead allowed him to vent about the stress that had been placed on him in recent moons. Iceheart did not blame him for struggling. She also did not blame him for blowing up at Swiftheart necessarily. Iceheart had been disappointed when Swiftheart had explaind to her what happened...but she did not blame either of them.

"What Swiftheart did was stupid," Iceheart said plainly. She always spoke bluntly with Nightstar. It was part of their relationship; neither of them held back with one another. "But I will also agree that you handled it with less tact than you could have. Swiftheart did not mean badly, even if her judgment is not always sound. I think she wanted to try and be impressive with you. As leader, you use ultimatums and other tactics to try and get what you want--I think Swiftheart was only trying to replicate that. She just does not have the same experience to understand when is the best way or time to do so, and it came across poorly." Iceheart glanced at Nightstar. "However, as you already know, your choice to blow up at her and strip her of her position was made from a place of stress and is not befitting of a leader. You are not a tyrant, Nightstar; I think you can allow your clanmates, especially your sister, at least a little bit of leeway when they make mistakes."

Iceheart continued on, "If I may speak my own opinion, I do not think that Sablestrike is deserving of a position on the council. Even aside from the actions taken in your absence, I think he lacks the maturity and experience to make important decisions for the clan. When he returns"--not if, but when--"then I think he can still work towards proving his place on the council. But as is...I am not sure it is the best idea. I would discuss with Leopardsun further, though; she is your deputy."

She looked to Nightstar. "Regarding Swiftheart...apologize to her. I'm sure she wants to apologize for her mouse-brained decision as well. Try to explain to her why Sablestrike might not be the best decision, and also explain to her why you reacted the way you did. But above all, tell her you're sorry. Siblings will fight and make mistakes, but you're not just her brother anymore; you're also her leader. These will no longer just be petty sibling squabbles. Offer her the position back on the council if you feel she still deserves it, and make it clear that when it comes to decisions for the clan as a whole, she does not have any more sway than any other senior warrior on the council."

Iceheart drew to a stop and turned more fully to her leader. "You can never make a decision that is going to satisfy everyone, but you can at least provide explanation for your decision. Swiftheart is not so daft as to not understand these things. But you cannot let your emotions get the better of you...That is how you get your clan to lose faith in you. You must act evenly in all your decisions." She'd heard murmuring around camp about Nightstar's latest decisions, and she knew that there were several cats who were less than enthused about it. She hoped Nightstar was at least aware of how he looked.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP