Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

nothing looks the same in the light [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2499

nothing looks the same in the light [C] Empty
PostSubject: nothing looks the same in the light [C]   nothing looks the same in the light [C] EmptySun 18 Dec 2022 - 11:15

dc5spdi-223fd39d-435b-4221-abe4-868d044d66bfDayquill

Nerves prickled under Dayquill's fur, making his paws work nervously against the sandy earth and his fur bristle from nape to tail tip. He was an anxious cat, and had been for much of his life, but it did not bother him, it was just how he was. This, though, it was... it was a different kind of anxiety. It wasn't just anxiety– no, this was dread. Dread. His stomach turned, and Dayquill bit on his tongue to give himself a sensation to focus on.

Blazefang had accepted to be his mate. She'd even be the one to suggest coming to ThunderClan– which was great! He hated the thought of her staying in WindClan, so far from him, even though he would've done anything to be with her. But that meant he needed to tell Mottlestar, someone who had placed her trust and friendship in him, who had always respected him, that he had broken the warrior code, that he had gone behind her back. Not only that, but Blazefang was likely pregnant. The thought made his head spin. Pregnant. Not even with his own kits, but– hopefully –they would be raised as if they were.

He was admitting to breaking Mottlestar's trust, and begging to haul a maybe-pregnant she-cat down from Highstones to join ThunderClan, bringing nothing but WindClan blood with her, in the midst of forest-wide disaster. And right after Mottlestar's return, too– didn't she have enough to worry about without this? But no, it couldn't wait.

Dayquill sucked in a breath between his teeth and pushed himself to stand. Skirting what clusters of his Clanmates were gathered, he sought out the familiar tortoiseshell pelt of his leader. When he found her, he ducked his ahead to avoid her eyes and softly called, "Mottlestar, are you– are you too busy right now? Would you... could we take the time to talk?"

Back to top Go down
Kitty
Former Staff
Former Staff
Kitty

Characters : Murkyriver ♀ | Mistwalker ♀ | Mintglade ♀ | Crakeburn ♀ | Snowvixen ♀ | Hollowpaw ♀
Clan/Rank : Riverclan | Skyclan | Windclan
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 4941

PostSubject: Re: nothing looks the same in the light [C]   nothing looks the same in the light [C] EmptyMon 19 Dec 2022 - 10:02

That motherly instinct when something was wrong... when a child was about to admit to breaking some sort of rule? That was all that rippled through the tortoiseshell the moment she heard Dayquill's name.

Every one of her senses were telling her that something was wrong. Dayquill hardly ever approached her with any sort of nerves to his voice, always usually cheerful to talk to her no matter what it was. Willing her fur to once more smooth itself out from her own worry quickly rising to her mind, the molly took to her paws and gave the senior warrior a dip of her head. "Of course. Let's go somewhere more private?" She asked. It didn't take a medicine cat to realize that Dayquill most likely wanted to speak to her in private, away from where any overbearing ears may listen in.

She half-led, half-followed the pair of them away from where the Clan was gathered. Her own steps seemed slowed, her belly once more filled with the promise of new life of her own. They'd be the last descendants of Minnowstar and herself or so she thought, and she was glad to have returned to her Clan before they seemed even close to joining them during the time of chaos.

Slowing herself to a stop when they had journeyed far enough, the tortoiseshell swiftly sat, wrapping her tail around her paws. "What is on your mind, Dayquill?" She asked, Mottlestar's tone soft, kind. It was much more like a mother ready to console her kit, rather than a leader worried they'd be hearing grave news.

MurkyriverMintgladeCrakeburnSnowvixenMistwalkerHollowpaw
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2499

PostSubject: Re: nothing looks the same in the light [C]   nothing looks the same in the light [C] EmptyThu 5 Jan 2023 - 20:50

dc5spdi-223fd39d-435b-4221-abe4-868d044d66bfDayquill

Blessedly, Mottlestar did not deny him– though Dayquill doubted she would, anyway –getting slowly to her paws to lead them away from the bulk of the Clan. Quietly, with anxiety churning in his stomach, he padded alongside the tortoiseshell. When they stopped and she spoke again, gentle as she always was, the concern in her voice only made him feel more sick. Mottlestar, his siblings, all of ThunderClan– they didn't deserve his betrayal. But, he was past the point of being able to hide anything, and he wanted to be open besides. Inhaling deeply, Dayquill closed his eyes and readied himself to speak.

"So, I- for the last few moons or so– probably longer than that, actually, seasons might be better? I've been... seeing, a cat from WindClan, her name's Blazefang and she's really- oh, she's great. It– Mottlestar, I promise, it was just being friends to start! Really, we'd uh, we'd hang out at Gatherings and sometimes run into each other at Fourtrees and then we... started making plans to meet at Fourtrees, and," he paused, just a second, to refresh his lungs, "and now Mottlestar, we're mates which is fine and all if you just, uh, ignore the fact that it's not but, she's expecting kits." Almost immediately, his eyes flew open wide, and he hurriedly added, "They're– they're not mine! She- she offered to be a surrogate, for a friend, but uh... I think the friend fell through."

Dayquill ducked his head again to avoid Mottlestar's gaze, focusing instead on the shape of his own forepaws. That was all of it– or at least, the important parts of it, messily spilled all at once. "She... wants to move to ThunderClan. She brought it up before even mentioning the uh, the.. kits, to me. "I'm sorry for- for breaking the code and lying to you Mottlestar, I... I really am. But I– well, I love her. And I.. would... I would appreciate it, if you would at least... think about it? She'll be a good warrior, I promise, and– and I'll accept whatever punishment there is, just," Dayquill's blue eyes were shining with emotion when he finally looked, pleading, to his leader, "please."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nothing looks the same in the light [C]   nothing looks the same in the light [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

nothing looks the same in the light [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory-
Jump to: