Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

✦Closer✦【Closed】

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

✦Closer✦【Closed】 Empty
PostSubject: ✦Closer✦【Closed】   ✦Closer✦【Closed】 EmptyDecember 16th 2022, 3:32 am

✦Closer✦【Closed】 Uy9KuXr

☆─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───☆

˗ˏˋ 🌲´ˎ˗【Forestbreeze】˗ˏˋ 🌲´ˎ˗
∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘
【Shadowclan】♡【#C1E1C1】♡【T4 Warrior ║ 60[HP] | 140[SP]】

Blinking up at the sky with a serene expression, Forestbreeze had clearly lost himself in his thoughts. The past few days had seen them all making the best of their situation; Forestbreeze was no different. He wasn't able to be as productive as the others (he had his slow-healing injuries to thank for that) but he helped when he could. What kept his spirits up amidst everything was that he'd soon be well enough to resume his duties. Well, at least the lighter ones. He couldn't risk straining himself. It'd certainly be detrimental to the progress he'd made so far. For now, though, he could only wait.

Sighing softly, the grey-and-white tom tore his gaze away from the lovely colors streaking the midmorning sky and stretched his bunched muscles with care. He glanced around his vicinity and noticed that most of his clanmates had left their section of Highstones by that point. He sat up, careful not to utilize his injured limb to prop himself up. Iceheart was absent at the present time. She was a diligent worker and normally left to help with the hunts or to check up on the rest of the clan. A dopey smile overtook his face as he thought about said she-cat. She meant so much to him. His mood always improved when he was around her. She was just so... so amazing! Call him a sap but he'd do anything to see her smile... Ack! There went his thoughts again. They often wandered away from him without his consent and it was quite annoying. However, lately, they'd been circling around Iceheart more than usual. He wasn't sure exactly why but it never failed to make him feel fuzzy and warm afterward. Anyway, he needed to stop getting his head stuck in the clouds! He couldn't have his head floating away so often.

Shaking his head with a huff, Forestbreeze shakily stood up and cautiously limbed away from his temporary nest. He wasn't doing himself nor his clan any good just lazing about on his rump. He needed to be more active! Perhaps a walk could help him get his focus back. Some socializing would do him some good too. His clan could always use a boost to their morale. Maybe, if he was lucky enough, he'd even run into Iceheart on her return! 

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan

Last edited by Maagistar on January 31st 2023, 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2953

✦Closer✦【Closed】 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ✦Closer✦【Closed】   ✦Closer✦【Closed】 EmptyDecember 16th 2022, 3:55 pm

Iceheart

Iceheart had spent more time with Forestbreeze in the last few moons than she had during her entire apprenticeship. It wasn’t something she thought about often, but lately she had been thinking about Forestbreeze more and more, including when they were apart while she went hunting. She thought about the time they spent together as kits, and how far they had drifted apart when they were apprentices, after Ratrunner had died. She was glad that she finally spoke to him again after the Dark Forest’s ruin. They’d only grown closer since then, and especially after the attack from the foxes, Iceheart had basically been glued to his side. Helping him recover, bringing him food, talking about everything that their minds could think of. It felt like there was no end to the things they could talk about together.

Then, what had started as a small brain worm had only grown. It started a little before the fox attack, though she had quickly squashed the very thought. Then it returned while she watched over Forestbreeze recovering. It pestered her every hour of the day, even when she was out by herself. Iceheart had done her best to ignore it for as long as she could, but especially given recent events…Iceheart wasn’t sure she could ignore it any longer. Perhaps it would have done her some good to talk to someone else about it, but she was never all that good at talking to people—and besides, she had made up her mind.

With some prey in her jaw, she returned to the Highstones and delivered it to the ShadowClan pile. Normally she would fetch some prey for her and Forestbreeze to eat after her hunt, but anxiety twisted up her insides so tightly that it felt she had eaten a bundle of travel herbs, suppressing her hunger entirely.

Keen eyes caught sight of Forestbreeze. He seemed restless. As though sharing his thoughts, Iceheart also thought about how a walk would do him some good…and being away from the entire clan would help bring up what Iceheart wanted to say to him. She approached Forestbreeze and meowed, “Forest. Let’s go on a walk together.” She prayed to StarClan that her anxiety was not visible to him, through the slight twitch in her ears or how she could not quite meet his gaze, or how her fur was just a little more puffed than usual.

They walked together as they always did. Iceheart stuck close with Forestbreeze, being a silent invitation for him to lean on her if he needed. He was getting stronger, which was a relief. The fox injuries had been so bad, and the amount of moving he had had to do during his recovery had only slowed his healing. Burdockpaw was a great medicine cat, though, and she had been doing a wonderful job caring for him. Hopefully within another one or two moons, Forestbreeze would be good as new.

As they made it down the steeper parts of the Highstones and the walk could be less strenuous, Iceheart slowed to a crawl. It was a struggle to get her mouth to open, and even more to say the words that were pounding in her head. Iceheart had not really felt afraid since her time as an apprentice, but the speed at which her heart was beating against her chest made her feel afraid now. She swallowed again, steeling herself. “Forestbreeze, there is something I need to say to you.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

✦Closer✦【Closed】 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ✦Closer✦【Closed】   ✦Closer✦【Closed】 EmptyJanuary 23rd 2023, 2:31 am

∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘

His head immediately snapped up the moment he heard Iceheart's familiar voice. His warm, amber eyes crinkled in delight as the smaller cat approached him. Talk about timing. A small niggling voice in the back of his mind briefed him to the discomfort said she-cat was trying to hide. Normally, he was someone who'd question something like that. However, now didn't seem like the appropriate time. Perhaps it'd be better to press on the matter on their walk? They'd be much more comfortable then. 

The large tom-cat nodded with a relaxed smile. "I'm always happy to!" he purred. To lighten the mood he added, "The sitting life's just not for me. It's so boring. I fear the time I reach elderhood." He shivered for added effect. He continued, "Walking will do me some good. I've been feeling better and better after some rest. Burdockpaw is Starclan-sent. Hopefully, in a moon or so, I'll be back to full health. I'm hoping for it to be sooner but I know this can't be rushed. For now, I have to keep up my stretches in whatever way I can."

With a small nod, Forest allowed her to lead the way, briefly touching his shoulder to hers as a show of comfort. It was his way of telling her that he was aware of her nervous demeanor but was allowing her time to gather herself. He ignored the electric shock that brief touch shot through him in favor of keeping a cautious pace alongside the brown-furred molly. It made his belly feel all fuzzy seeing her maintain a close distance from him in case he needed some help. She was always so thoughtful and caring. He wanted to ignore the rising heat on his cheeks (why did this always happen) but as the silence stretched on, some funny little thoughts began to seep into his mind. Oh, stars! Only Iceheart could make him like this...

It was some time before either of them said anything. Forest hadn't noticed their slowing pace—he had been too preoccupied trying to keep his thoughts in check—and only noticed the change in mood when the she-cat beside him seemed to briefly pause. He looked over and studied her closely. Her anxiety was showing stronger than ever. The worry he had set aside before was starting to rear its head. Before he could ask, Iceheart spoke up.

Huh? She needed to tell him something? From a brief glance, he couldn't exactly predict what she wanted to say. She was nervous about whatever it was but it didn't seem to be bad news. He gave her his full attention. "A-Alright," he meowed with an encouraging look, "What is it?" He was starting to feel anxious himself but he shoved it away. He didn't want to jump to conclusions. He trusted Iceheart wholeheartedly. Whatever she needed to say, he'll be sure to keep an open mind. It's the least he could do for everything she's done for him.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

✦Closer✦【Closed】 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ✦Closer✦【Closed】   ✦Closer✦【Closed】 EmptyJanuary 26th 2023, 6:33 pm

Iceheart

Forestbreeze was ready to listen to what she had to say. Here it was. No turning back now. Iceheart pushed down the anxieties and second-guessing that was already starting to claw through her chest. She could not simply drop this after she had built it up before Forestbreeze. She opened her mouth and meowed, “Out of everyone in ShadowClan, I believe that you are the one I most enjoy spending my time with. I hope that my constant presence is not an annoyance, although it has seemed to me that you also enjoy me hanging around.” That made her warm under her fur despite the cold snow underfoot. She hoped that she was not wrong in that assessment…Oh stars, she hoped that this entire thing was not a fool’s venture.

“I want to reiterate that my being around you has nothing to do with sickness or injury…I know that you have had an unfortunate record with falling ill or getting hurt, so we often spent time in the medicine den, but let it be known that it is not either of these things that kept me at your side. Rather…I simply enjoyed your presence.” Iceheart could not help the smile that lifted her face. “Our conversations are some of the highlights of my day. I like that our nests are next to one another. I enjoy our patrols out together.”

Could she not get to the point already? Her heart was hammering so hard in her chest that Iceheart felt she was going to collapse at any moment. Her mouth was dry. It was getting harder to look at Forestbreeze—and she still had so much she wanted to say.

Iceheart continued, “You have stuck by me as well, which has not gone unnoticed. It makes me happy to know that I am not a burden to you. Even after…after mistakes I have made in the past, you still believe I am a cat worth sticking near.” The memory of Ratrunner’s death did not hurt quite so much as it once did, but the thought of glancing back over her shoulder and seeing Forestbreeze mourning at her friend’s side while she ran away like a coward…that would be a memory that she did not believe would stop haunting her. Yet, despite that, and despite all the guilt that Iceheart carried around regarding that choice…Forestbreeze still stayed with her. It could make Iceheart cry.

“The point of all my blustering and rambling,” Iceheart fumbled on, “is that…Our staying together, it has been something unspoken between us. Since we were kits, you have always been a part of my life, and I cannot imagine any art of my life without you at my side. Given the state of the forest, and how many cats come and go, some never coming back—I don’t want to leave things as just unspoken anymore. I pray to StarClan that nothing happens to either of us, but in the event that something did happen, and I could never tell you this—well I think that would be worse.”

Just say it, just say it, just SAY IT!

Iceheart sucked in a breath. “Forestbreeze…I love you. I have loved you for quite some time. And, if you’ll have me…I want to be your mate.” She could barely hear her own voice but she hoped that she spoke loudly enough to be heard. Her eyes, which were normally a bit guarded and impassive, were full of emotion and vulnerability now as she met Forestbreeze’s gaze. Now she only needed Forestbreeze’s response. Every second that would take would feel like an eternity to her.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

✦Closer✦【Closed】 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ✦Closer✦【Closed】   ✦Closer✦【Closed】 EmptyJanuary 29th 2023, 12:53 pm

∘₊✧──────────✧₊∘

He patiently waited for the she-cat to finish, heart thumping louder and louder with each passing word. He felt his mouth dry up; His throat was having trouble swallowing the lump that had formed. He tried to dampen down his labored breathing but it mostly proved futile. (Iceheart... Oh Stars, Iceheart. You have changed me unlike anyone else ever could and I need to let you know how much you mean to me. You're spilling your heart to me and I yearn to do the same.)

"-although it has seemed to me that you also enjoy me hanging around.” (Absolutely. You have no idea how much I look forward to seeing you every day. You bring the light to my world and I'm blessed to have had someone as wonderful as you stick around with me.) “I want to reiterate that my being around you has nothing to do with sickness or injury…I know that you have had an unfortunate record of falling ill or getting hurt, so we often spent time in the medicine den-" (Ah. looking back now, I have had the misfortune to constantly find myself in the medicine cat's den. I believe I even have a designated nest just for me... Am I that illness and accident-prone?) "-but let it be known that it is not either of these things that kept me at your side. Rather…I simply enjoyed your presence.” He swallowed thickly. This was something that struck his very core. At one point in his life, he had honestly believed that she only stayed by him out of pity. Those crushing thoughts slowly loosened their suffocating hold on him as time went by. Nobody would keep up their constant presence by someone as weak as he believed himself to be for that long... Once he realized the truth, he felt absolutely awful for even thinking such things. Iceheart deserved better. 

“Our conversations are some of the highlights of my day. I like that our nests are next to one another. I enjoy our patrols out together.” (You have no idea how much our conversations offered relief and comfort to my hurt-filled life. They were a much-needed distraction. I hate being left alone to my thoughts. Patroling alongside you was always a treat. I love seeing you in action, as sappy as that sounds. And those nests! I've always thought they looked so cute together; I can't help but gush! It made me look forward to nighttime. Curling up next to you when it was time to sleep kept all the nightmares away. Being so close never failed to make me feel safe.) “You have stuck by me as well, which has not gone unnoticed. It makes me happy to know that I am not a burden to you. Even after…after mistakes I have made in the past, you still believe I am a cat worth sticking near.” (No. You will never be a burden. Never ever. No mistakes could ever keep me from staying by your side. You are more than worth it. My loyalty to you is unwavering and will remain as such for the rest of time.) 

His eyes gained a misty sheen. Dear Starclan... Looking back at everything now, he was blind to see his true feelings for Iceheart. Perhaps it was the terror of ruining what they already had between them. Maybe it could be his self-deprecating attitude that he had been trying to stomp out of himself but never fully managed to. Or it could have been the lack of time and space to think. The point was, he had slept on this for too long. Icehart had always been the braver of the two. She was always the one to make any step forward first. It's funny how he always tried to be brave in everything he did but regarding his relationship with Iceheart, he had been the biggest coward. No. He had to stop thinking like that. That sort of thinking should be behind him by now... but it was hard... He'll need to try harder, then. For Iceheart.

"Since we were kits, you have always been a part of my life, and I cannot imagine any art of my life without you at my side. Given the state of the forest, and how many cats come and go, some never coming back—I don’t want to leave things as just unspoken anymore. I pray to StarClan that nothing happens to either of us, but in the event that something did happen, and I could never tell you this—well I think that would be worse." It went both ways. A life without Iceheart... it wasn't possible for him to imagine. His heart tightened. No, he wouldn't dare imagine. The anguish and utter defeat he'd feel... He would never be able to recover... His soul would be crushed to bits. She was his other half; She was his constant. Whatever fate had planned for them, he would do his best to change it for the better. It would be difficult unlike anything else he's ever done but by the stars, he'd find a way. They weren't getting separated anytime soon.

“Forestbreeze …I love you. I have loved you for quite some time. And, if you’ll have me…I want to be your mate.” There it was. The three little words that changed everything and nothing at the same time. His breath hitched and an overwhelming warmth encompassed his entire being. He knew that she was waiting for his response but he was struck speechless. He gave himself a mental jab. (Say something!! Don't let her think the worst!) He couldn't. He just couldn't get anything out. The words were stuck. However, who said an answer had to come from words?

Tears flowed freely from his eyes as they met hers. Without a single peep, the large tom closed the distance between them and pressed his forehead to hers, a deep, gratified purr rising from the depths of his heart. He then rested his head on top of hers with a dreamy hum. As soon as he was able to say something, he stepped back and locked eyes with her again. His face held a face-splitting grin. At that moment, he was at his happiest. "Y-You have no idea how much of a yes that was," he managed. He chuckled wetly before closing the distance between them once more. He wanted to just stay like that. Everything felt right and he never wanted it to end. 

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

✦Closer✦【Closed】 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ✦Closer✦【Closed】   ✦Closer✦【Closed】 EmptyJanuary 29th 2023, 6:52 pm

Iceheart

Though Forestbreeze only made her wait for a minute, it was an unbearable wait. She watched him with wide eyes and a held breath, and her heart sped up when tears filled his eyes…And then he pressed his forehead to hers and she heard the rumbling purr in his throat. Tension immediately left her body and Iceheart closed her eyes and purred in return as they shared the moment together. The rapid beating of her heart in her chest slowed and relieved warmth flooded her body, making her so hot that she did not even feel the chill of the snow under paw. He said yes. He loved her too. They were mates…It felt like something out of a dream, but it was real. For once, Iceheart did not feel stress or fatigue or anything. She only felt pure, unmitigated happiness. Iceheart could not recall the last time she’d felt this. So she cherished the moment as it fleeted into memory, and Iceheart knew it was one she would hold close in her heart until the end of her life.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP