Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

bird song [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2501

bird song [C] Empty
PostSubject: bird song [C]   bird song [C] EmptyWed 14 Dec 2022 - 18:47

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdchaser

Though she'd been trying to rest more– mostly because of Wolfblossom and Plumleaf's persistent badgering, especially now that she was trying to catch some seasonal cold –there were still things that needed done each day. Though most paws were capable (for now, at least), it didn't hurt to have as many working as possible. Birdchaser thought it would have been especially souring for warriors and apprentices to exhaust themselves trying to make a home out of Fourtrees, keep everyone fed, and kept the hollow protected while their acting leader did as little as possible to help. The tip of Birdchaser's tail flickered idly as she thought on it.

It felt odd, to be hunting in ThunderClan's woods. Hopefully Mottlestar wouldn't have their pelts for it; she had to understand these were hard times for all. Though the Clan's scent was strong, it wasn't particularly fresh here; no patrols had passed recently enough to make Birdchaser wary, and it didn't seem there were more coming this way. Tipping her head back, Birdchaser examined the naked branches. They weren't so unlike the trees she'd grown up beneath, but the difference was still deeply felt. Or maybe that was just the sense that disappearance or death lurked around every corner. With Crookedpaw gone, and Blackbear run off in search of him, Birdchaser had been especially wary about the surrounding forest. But as she breathed in, it seemed that all that lurked between these trees. Following her nose towards the source, Birdchaser pulled herself up into the lower branches of a nearby tree. There was a little alcove carved out of the bark, and a frightened chittering came from within it. For a moment, Birdchaser was just as shocked to hear the squirrel right in her ears as it was to see her; but in a flash, she'd stretched out a paw and hooked it onto her claws. It only squeaked once before she pulled it out of its hiding spot to hold it more securely between her teeth.

Dropping down, the large molly turned in search of the tom that had been accompanying her. Maybe it was just her pervasive idle thoughts surrounding Blackbear, or maybe all the stress had finally made her into a cat that couldn't stand to sit in silence: whatever it was, she needed to find something for them to talk about. Releasing her squirrel and scratching a hole in the earth to bury it, she briskly offered, "We can talk while we hunt. How's being a warrior? Is Lightningpaw treating you well?"

Birdchaser attempted to catch a squirrel... Catch successful! -5 SP.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Wed 14 Dec 2022 - 18:52; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15097

bird song [C] Empty
PostSubject: bird song [C]   bird song [C] EmptyWed 14 Dec 2022 - 18:47

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

#1 'Hunting Dice' : 1

--------------------------------

#2 'Invasion Dice' :
bird song [C] Successdice

bird song [C] Mistpe10
bird song [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Romantica
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1260

bird song [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: bird song [C]   bird song [C] EmptyTue 3 Jan 2023 - 17:18

Stoatclaw had to qualms with invading Thunderclan's side of the forest. He had tried this once as an apprentice, though he had been swiftly met with opposition from a Thunderclan apprentice and was driven out before he could really explore. It was a wonder how he didn't get in trouble. Even if he had left willingly, his scent around and past the border should have lingered, alerting the next Thunderclan patrol of his intrusion. That apprentice also had the chance to tell others about the encounter, but he apparently hadn't. It seemed that he had avoided repercussions for that attempt at exploring over the border, but here they were exploring once more. Well, they were hunting, but that didn't mean that Stoatclaw couldn't take a look around and hunt. As soon as the two passed the border, Stoatclaw split off from his deputy- er, acting leader rather, searching the grounds intently. He wasn't quite sure what he was looking for, but it would be worth hopping the border for.

The warrior's ears twitched as he heard the familiar chirps of a finch. Padding silently in the direction of the sound, Stoatclaw kept his eyes on the branches above. As the sound grew nearer and he saw nothing, the warrior turned his attention lower to the ground. Sure enough, there a finch stood with its back turned to him, pecking wildly at the ground. Before it had time to register Stoatclaw's presence, the warrior leapt for it, slamming a paw down on it's head. A short crack sounded, and the prey went limp. Picking up his catch, the warrior padded back to Birdchaser. Stoatclaw placed his prey on the ground before digging a spot for the prey as his deputy had, speaking as he did. "Lightningpaw is... I don't really know actually. I haven't taken the time to train her yet, I couldn't possibly think about teaching her when my own experience is so limited. Don't worry though, I'll get to it soon, I just need to get a little bit of insight from Wolfblossom first." Yes, he didn't want to teach Lightningpaw how to spar when he had no clue how to teach her anything but the basics. Still, he knew that he was slacking on that front, he was a decent enough hunter to take her out, he had just been putting it off for some reason. As he finished covering the prey, another thought came to mind "Actually, why did you make me a warrior so soon? I feel like I'm way too inexperienced, and on top of that you gave me an apprentice." Stoatclaw had thought that he had left a poor impression on Birdchaser after their spar, and his name had been very... Yeah. It just didn't make sense to him.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

bird song [C] Output12                   bird song [C] Output10                          bird song [C] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Last edited by Romantica on Tue 3 Jan 2023 - 17:31; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15097

bird song [C] Empty
PostSubject: Re: bird song [C]   bird song [C] EmptyTue 3 Jan 2023 - 17:18

The member 'Romantica' has done the following action : Dice roll