Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Strike a match [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1017

Strike a match [c] Empty
PostSubject: Strike a match [c]   Strike a match [c] EmptyMon 12 Dec 2022 - 18:45

RainpawFourtrees

Rainpaw does not remember the last time he felt this bad. Most of his adjustment to the clan was spent sick and out of it, and most of the emotions of that period have faded out of his memory. But now every time he woke up next to an empty nest, a crushing weight settled on top of him, and he felt every aching second.

It didn’t stop him from throwing himself into his duties. In fact, if anything, he was trying even harder, having spent the day tagging along to every patrol and spending the whole time with eyes peeled for any sign of Crooked’s tuxedo pelt filtering through the underbrush. He had been feeling uncomfortable with their stint at Fourtrees, but more than ever he was aching to just go home, to get some sense of normalcy back. Every sound and sign of Twolegs about made him tense and on edge. And angry.

There was something else lingering on his mind too, but he had yet to catch the cat he’d been wondering about. Which was frustrating, because he knew that she was due to leave soon. So after every patrol, he’d scan the camp, and this time he got lucky. Spotting the large cat, Rainpaw immediately headed over to her, eyes intense as he caught her gaze. “Blackbear.” He said, settling down in front of her in his normal tense and stiff pose. “May I speak to you for a moment?”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

Strike a match [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike a match [c]   Strike a match [c] EmptyTue 13 Dec 2022 - 14:53

Blackbear hated waiting. Impatience tore at her pelt, at every fiber of her being. Never had she wanted to disobey Birdchaser's orders more. She didn't need to rest, or to gather her strength- she'd never felt stronger. Staying here and, what, eating other cats' kills as she 'prepared' for her journey? Wasn't going to bring Crookedpaw back. Nor was delegating with Stormwatcher, who was inexplicably back in camp. Birdchaser's and Wolfblossom's wary looks in her direction told her to watch herself, but she wanted nothing more than to tear that mangy pelted coward to ribbons and leave to rescue her apprentice. But she had to behave, though the thought brought a growl to her throat. Tonight, she assured herself, claws kneading into the dirt, tonight she'd leave.

She stared down at her paws, claws making heavy msrks where she pressed them into the ground. She breathed heavily, trying to keep her mind off Stormwatcher lest she disobey her leadership and kill him where he stood. But that wasn't easy, and not just because her urge to maim the ratheart was so potent. If she managed to stop thinking about tearing his heart out of his chest, she was thinking about Crookedpaw. She'd put so much work into training him only for this to happen. All that work and he still couldn't escape a trap. Blackbear's claws dug deeper into the dirt. Was it because he was small? Would a bigger cat have managed? Or was it because Stormwatcher- that detestable worm- had sabotaged him somehow? Or had Blackbear not taught him enough? Her brow furrowed and her growl grew louder. Thoughts popped up uninvited in her brain, propagated by today's inaction. She kept on growling, hoping it'd drown out her brain's noise- it was usually such a mercifully quiet place. She almost didn't hear the little voice approaching her.

Her growl ceased almost immediately as she recognised the sound as Rainpaw. No matter how upset Blackbear was, she couldn't risk being angry at him. Birdchaser would skin her, she was positive of that. As would Crookedpaw. Besides, Blackbear didn't half mind the apprentice. He was more likeable than most. She met his gaze and gave a painstakingly gentle rumble of recognition. "Rainpaw," She replied, slouching slightly to be closer to his eye level rhough she still towered over him. "Yeah. About the pipsqueak?"

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

Strike a match [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike a match [c]   Strike a match [c] EmptyTue 13 Dec 2022 - 16:29

RainpawFourtrees

Focused as he had been on the approach, Rainpaw didn’t quite register Blackbear’s growling until it stopped. He blinked once when he did register it, then simply decided he was not going to question it. He could understand her agitation too. He felt similar frustration running under his pelt, the urge to run, fight, claw, and tear everything down until he found his best friend again.

“Yes.” Rainpaw said with a serious nod, drawing himself up to the biggest size he could… which still wasn’t much. But combining with her leaning down, it made meeting Blackbear’s eyes easier, which is what he wanted. And hopefully made him look just a little tougher. “You’re going to go find him, correct?” He paused, took a breath, and then said,

“Can I come with you?”

He knew what the answer was likely to be, of course he did. He hadn’t asked Birdchaser yet for that reason. He was half-trained at best, the apprentice and…pseudo-son of the leader, and he was likely to be more liability than assistance. Still. He had to ask. He had to. He couldn’t just continue to sit and wait. His claws dug into the ground, a rare wave of stubbornness and frustration washing over him, and driving him to make his case.

“I know I am small and not the best fighter.” He said. “But I’m quick, I’m smart and I’ve gotten good at climbing, and I know Crookedpaw almost as well as his own mother does!” He said, voice straining with the strength of emotion and making him wince.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

Strike a match [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike a match [c]   Strike a match [c] EmptyTue 20 Dec 2022 - 10:22

Blackbear gave a single nod, a heavy incline of her head that expended no more energy than it needed to. "I am," she said simply. She wasn't used to being this... Cordial. Even with Birdchaser, they were familiar enough to be slightly less than formal with one another. With Rainpaw, though, she found herself mimicking his stiffness both physically and in her speech.

"No." The word was out of her mouth before the apprentice had even finished, and had an unintended bite to it. She watched Rainpaw's claws dig into the ground and noticed that her own were doing the same; she hadn't removed them from the dirt in the time she'd been speaking to Rainpaw. So there was more to him than his politeness and rigidity. She made a mental note to spar with him when she came back.

Rainpaw didn't back down, raising his voice to try and convince her to let him join. She resisted the urge to flatten her ears. She hated speeches like this, the emotional ones. They made her want to- she stopped herself mid-thought with a soft growl of self-admonishment. She couldn't be angry at Rainpaw. "Birdchaser's teaching you well. She's a good mentor," she rumbled with a restrained movement of her head. "But no. You can't. You're too small, and Birdchaser wouldn't let you anyway. She'd have my hide if you were killed, which you probably would be." She ignored the Crookedpaw comment, though she knew it was true. She could scarcely remember a moment those two weren't all over each other. But still, knowing him wouldn't help Rainpaw if he got snatched by a twoleg or mauled by a dog.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

Strike a match [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike a match [c]   Strike a match [c] EmptyThu 22 Dec 2022 - 21:00

RainpawFourtrees

With a heavy, heaved sigh and an even heavier heart, Rainpaw’s shoulders slumped. The simple ‘no’ was expected, but it still knocked the wind out of him. He listened to Blackbear’s explanations with a nod. It was reasonable, logical. He’d only slow her down.

In that moment, he hated reason and logic more than anything.

Rainpaw unwound his stiff posture somewhat, gaze returning to his own paws for a long moment. “Okay.” He finally said, ear flicking before he lifted his head to look at Blackbear. “I understand.”

But…” That stubbornness returned, and he lifted his chin. “Ms. Blackbear, if you don’t bring him home, I’ll-I’ll fight you myself.” He gave a firm nod. Oh, he knows he’d lose so hard it wouldn’t even be funny. Blackbear could probably toss him across the forest like a moss ball without even trying. And then Birdchaser would skin both of them, so he’d die twice, and it would all around be unpleasant. Still. It would be a dream compared to the idea of Crookedpaw never coming home.

“Because I know you can. Bring him home, I mean.” He added after a small pause. “Crookedpaw really looks up to you. And you are strong.” He swallowed hard, startled by the emotion that came through the words, and suddenly feeling awkward about how emotional he’d been in front of her, he swiftly tried to recover his brave, impassive face. “So.” Another stiff nod.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP