Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

think i can’t fight them all? [c]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

think i can’t fight them all? [c] Empty
PostSubject: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 12:32

“So, Shadepaw,” Russetpaw finished, flicking an ear at the younger molly, That’s how I think a belly rake should work.” She rolled over, back onto her paws, and stood, shaking out her red pelt. She and the grey apprentice were in WindClan’s makeshift camp at the end of the day, with Russetpaw trying to show someone else how she thought a belly rake should work- with a running start, and sliding completely under the other cat. She’d had the idea after watching Blazefang fail.

“‘As Coyotegrin taught ya anythin’ much yet?” she asked, flicking her tail. “‘Cause, like, if so, we should totally spar! And, like, if not, we should still totally spar! You’d be going up against WindClan’s most dangerous apprentice,” she added, puffing out her chest. “I really wanna see if that strategy would work, ya know? You’re a fierce fighter, too- but more practice can’t hurt!”

The russet-colored apprentice bounced from paw to paw, electric blue eyes narrowed playfully. Shadepaw, along with Sleepypaw, was someone she didn’t have to really worry about impressing, or living up to, or being enough for. And that was kinda, nice like.

“You can have the first move,” she added, recalling what Blazefang had said.
Back to top Go down
TheaOfSunflowers

TheaOfSunflowers

Characters : Shadepaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Apprentice
Libra Goat
Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 13:26

Shadepaw watched her friend roll around on the ground and she did have a point. “It’s always going to be a little risky, putting yourself under someone’s claws like that. But I think that’s the fun part.” She purred. “No scratch no catch, right?”

She smoothed a patch of wind-ruffled fur on her shoulder, trying not to laugh at how dusty Russetpaw managed to get. She assumed it would be even worse when they were back home, if that ever happened. The WindClan camp seemed more like a kit-story than an actual place at this point. “We’ve done a little, but with everything going on she’s been pretty busy.” Shadepaw’s ears perked when Russetpaw mentioned sparing. “WindClan’s most dangerous apprentice? Aren’t you still a little small for that title?” She teased with a playful flash of her fangs.

The dark she-cat was still mostly lanky, but her shoulders were geting a little broader and a little stronger the longer she trained. She was quickly surpassing Russetpaw in height though. “I’m always down to knock cats around.” She said, pulling her shoulders back as she drew herself up to look more menacing, it was all in show, and to match her friend’s boasting, but she did look fierce silhouetted against the wide blue sky and jagged peaks. Her tail lashed twice, more playful than anything else, as she met the older molly’s eye. “You are really going to regret letting me go first.” She growled, all bluster and no bite.

Shadepaw took a running start at the older apprentice. It looked for all intents and purposes like she was going to lead with the belly rake they had just been discussing, but at the last minute, Shadepaw launched herself off the ground with an easy rock of her haunches and slammed into Russetpaw, bowling her over. She tumbled away and jumped back to her feet, crouched low and ready for the next strike, eyes flashing a challenge.

Shadepaw used Jumping Strike for +3 damage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shadepaw
20/20 HP
53/60 SP

[b]Russetpaw/b]
11/20 HP (-6+-3)
60/60 SP

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 15:34

“Right!” Russetpaw nodded, pleased. “Pretty much my motto, yeah?” No pain no gain. What was the point of living a dull life, when you could live a full life? “Oh ho,” she mewed, electric blue eyes narrowing to playful slits at the jab. “The higher they stand, the ‘arder they fall, ya know.” The red-pelted apprentice shifted her weight from paw to paw, thinking. She could try to dodge Shadepaw’s first attack (more than likely just a frontal charge, as so many cats started with)… or she could roll with it, using the other apprentice’s momentum to her advantage. That sounded fun! And risky, but no risk, no reward, right? And this was just practice, for a real fight, and she had to figure out what would work- what better time than now?

Shadepaw darted forwards, and Russetpaw’s eyes widened, surprised and flattered that the other apprentice would lead with the belly rake they’d discussed… but instead Shadepaw cannoned into her, and with a surprised laugh Russetpaw twisted, using her superior experience to slam the grey apprentice to the ground, paws securely on her shoulders.

“Will I regret it, hmmm?” she teased, ear flicking. “Seems this idea works, huh? And-“ she leaned in, eyes alight with competitive playfulness- ”- I was right, eh? The higher they stand the ‘arder they fall!” She’d held down a fox- Shadepaw’s struggles were much easier ta deal with. She liked the younger apprentice- a friend, and a fun one, ta boot. Sleeps would always be her best friend, a sister she could confide in- but Shadepaw had a bit more spunk.

Russ used Leap and Hold, lasting for two turns, dealing 5 (MR) damage and costing 15 stamina per turn. Adding 1HP back to Russ b/c Moor Runner passive reduces damage.

Shadepaw (pinned for two turns)
15/20 HP (-5)
53/60 SP

[b]Russetpaw/b]
12/20 HP
45/60 SP (-15)

Last edited by Cocoa on Sat 10 Dec 2022 - 15:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 15:34

The member 'Cocoa' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

think i can’t fight them all? [c] Mistpe10
think i can’t fight them all? [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
TheaOfSunflowers

TheaOfSunflowers

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptySun 11 Dec 2022 - 11:10

The dark tabby lashed her tail when Russetpaw slammed her back into the dirt. "There is still plenty of time for regret." She huffed. Shadepaw writhed under the older apprentice growling under her breath. Her ear twitched with Russetpaw's breath. “You’re just upset that I’ll still be taller than you when you're a warrior.” She couldn’t be too bothered by the way things had turned out, it was good experience, and the more she knew how Russetpaw fought, the better they could work together when something more serious was going down. Plus the dark molly loved a good scuffle, even if she was losing.

Shadepaw wrenched her shoulders away from the red she-cats paws, which would have probably taken a chunk of out her back if they had been using claws, but they weren’t. She twisted around with all the lithe grace expected of a Windclanner, now somewhat on her side, and thumped Russetpaw in the flank as hard as she could with her back feet, flinging her friend away. The dark tabby rolled away from her clanmate's paws, her pelt ruffled up and dusty, but a pleased growl rumbled from her throat."You're strong, but I've still got longer legs."

Shadepaw used Duck and Twist, doing 6 damage and ending the pin

((OOC: Thanks for the Moor Runner reminder!))
((Edited twice cause I forgot quotation marks for speech))
--------------------------------------------------------
Shadepaw
15/20 HP
48/60 SP

Russetpaw
6/20 HP (-6)
45/60 SP

Last edited by TheaOfSunflowers on Sun 11 Dec 2022 - 11:30; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptySun 11 Dec 2022 - 11:10

The member 'TheaOfSunflowers' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptySun 11 Dec 2022 - 11:35

“Ohmystars, what is it with you and height?” Russetpaw growled playfully, ignoring the reminder. “Enjoy your height advantage while it lasts!” Shadepaw wrenched herself out of the older apprentice’s paws, in a move that really only worked because they weren’t using claws. Wasn’t that the whole point of sparring, to practice for real fights? It certainly wasn’t a tactic Russetpaw would use… powerful hind legs cannoned into her flank, and Russetpaw staggered away, losing her grip on the other apprentice. Hmm. “What is it with you and the height thing?!? Are you compensating for your lack of battle skills???”

The russet-pelted apprentice surged forwards once more, battering the other apprentice with powerful paws and aiming especially for those lanky legs that had kicked her flank. “There’s just more of ya ta hit!” she crowed, skipping nimbly backwards and ignoring a bit of tingling in her hind leg where Shadepaw had kicked it. That was fine, it would go away soon anyways. She hoped. It better. Electric blue eyes narrowed to slits as she watched the other apprentice with all the wariness of a cornered hare. She was tired- this strategy hadn’t worked as well as she would’ve hoped…

Russ used Front Paw Strike and Swift Strike, dealing 10 (MR)damage and costing 17 stamina.
no worries!

Shadepaw
5/20 HP (-10)
48/60 SP

Russetpaw
6/20 HP
28/60 SP (-17)
Back to top Go down
TheaOfSunflowers

TheaOfSunflowers

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptySun 11 Dec 2022 - 12:40

Shadepaw laughed, all sharp teeth and genuine joy. “Hey I gotta flaunt what I have.” She met Russetpaw head-on, pulling her lips back to snarl at the onslaught of red fur. The older apprentice was fast and a hard hitter, Shadepaw felt nothing but admiration for her friend, even when her blows were bruising. If she wasn’t sore tomorrow she would think Russetpaw had been holding back, she was glad her friend respected her skills enough not to pull her punches. She craved the back and forth and sting of her skin like she craved the sun on her face or an ebbing pulse under her teeth.

“I’ll show you battle skills” She snarled, eyes flashing with equal fierceness and fondness. She didn’t let Russetpaw have the space she wanted, charging straight after her. Her always-moving strategy would work like a charm on anyone but a fellow Windclanner, who had the speed and skill to keep pace. Okay, maybe Shadepaw didn't quite have the skill…yet. Her legs ached with exertion and soreness from the previous attack, but it only gave her the satisfaction that she was moving her body, getting stronger, finding new limits.

She rocked back on her haunches and struck out at Russetpaw’s shoulder with a flurry of blows. Her claws were sheathed of course, but her paws slammed down with brutal force, no holding back because they were friends. Pulled punches were not how she rolled, no matter the relationship. Without hesitation she lunged forward and snapped her teeth down on Russetpaw’s scruff, using her height advantage to force the older apprentice closer to the ground. If this wasn’t a spar she probably would’ve gone for somewhere less protected, but she didn't want to actually break the skin.

“Yield,” she growled, its bite undercut by fondness. “or hit me again.” She would really prefer if Russetpaw came at her again, even if her flanks were heaving and her shoulders were sore from twisting away earlier. The triumphant she felt for landing a good hit was a weary kind, she didn’t dare underestimate her friend, who was older and had more knowledge.

Shadepaw used Snap and Swiftstrike doing 10 damage
Russetpaw is KO'ed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shadepaw
5/20 HP
31/60 SP

Russetpaw (Tentative KO)
-4/20 HP (-10)
28/60 SP

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptySun 11 Dec 2022 - 12:49

Russetpaw rolled her eyes fondly at the other apprentice, shaking out her pelt. They were both getting tired, and she’d probably call off the spar soon. “Let’s hurry up an’ end this, ‘kay?” she mewed, shifting her weight from paw to paw. “If I end up in Batsong’s den again, I’ll-“ her words were cut off abruptly as the younger molly charged with a powerful flurry of blows, followed by a bite on her scruff- but Russetpaw rolled, headbutting the other molly in the throat and knocking them both to the ground. The red-pelted apprentice laughed, and laughed, and laughed, the exhilaration from the fight still coursing through her veins. “Ah! You’ve done killed me!” she flopped onto her back, eyes alight with laughter and the fading blaze of competition.

“You’re a good fighter, Shadepaw,” she purred, flicking an ear. “Thanks for helping me- I don’t think that charge idea works very well, eh?” It was obvious that she considered the fight over; they were both exhausted, and she didn’t want to reopen the freshly healed scar on her shoulder,

Dodge and Fight successful, voiding snap (so +6 HP to Russ) and costing 7 stamina. Does 4 damage (MR)

Shadepaw
1/20 HP (-4)
31/60 SP

Russetpaw (Tentative KO)
2/20 HP (+6)
21/60 SP (-7)

Last edited by Cocoa on Sun 11 Dec 2022 - 12:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptySun 11 Dec 2022 - 12:49

The member 'Cocoa' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
TheaOfSunflowers

TheaOfSunflowers

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptySun 11 Dec 2022 - 14:57

Shadepaw purred from her position on the ground, thoroughly winded from their spar. Russetpaw’s laughter washed over her like the sun, all bright and familiar. She rolled over and batted her friend on the ear lazily with a paw. “Don’t be dramatic, I didn’t kill you, this time. I’m pretty sure you won that one.” She mewed, golden eyes squinting happily. She tucked her paws under her chest and curled her tail around herself. “Thank you, hope you don’t mind me snatching up the title of WindClan’s most dangerous apprentice once you’re named.”

Shadepaw reached out to tug a stray wad of grass from her friend’s pelt. “And no, that still needs some work.” She agreed and rasped her tongue over the spot where she tugged the grass out to smooth the ruffled fur. Russetpaw’s pelt tasted bitter with dust. She wrinkled her nose. “I don’t understand how you do this. Are you a dust magnet or something?” Her own dark pelt had lightened with a sheen of dust and was considerably more ruffled than when their spar had started, but she was nowhere near as dirty as Russetpaw. “Don’t think I haven’t seen you crawl out of your nest looking more like you fought with it than slept in it.” She teased gently. It was easier to enjoy the sun and ignore the biting leaf-bare chill when she was warm from a good spar and had good company. Fuzzpaw may be getting under her skin, the world may be uncertain, the WindClan camp may just be a dulled memory that poked at the back of her head, but at least her remaining clan was fighting and hunting and living despite the horrors and the empty nests. At least she had Russetpaw and her own strength and comfort to lend.

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptyMon 12 Dec 2022 - 6:58

“Dramatic? Me?” Russetpaw squawked with indignation at Shadepaw’s bop, electric blue eyes sparkling with humor. “I dunno when that will be,” she admitted, stretching out on her back and relishing in the faint warmth of the sunlight. “Shrikestar hasn’t performed any warrior ceremonies since we left camp, methinks he might be waiting until we’re back home… at this rate, you’ll be relegated to WindClan’s second most dangerous apprentice for a long while…” she complained, flicking an ear. ”What’d ya think me and Sleeps’ warrior names will be? Maybe Russetclaw, or Russetfur, though that’s kinda boring-like. I’m bettin’ on Shadeclaw or Shadefang or Shadegrowl or Shadesnarl or somethin’ for ya… or maybe Shadefluff! Or Shadefuzz- oh my stars then you could match with Fuzzbutt!”

Russetpaw wiggled away from her friend, rolling onto her stomach and laying her head on her paws. ”It’s just easier to see on my pelt!” she protested, flicking an ear. ”A wha? I groom my pelt, hare-brain, it’s just that I do more awesome stuff than everyone else!” Totally accurate… to be fair, she did usually groom her pelt every other morning or so, so she wouldn’t get fleas or something, but she wasn’t about to groom it three times a day like she swore Sleepypaw did! “Gotta assert me dominance over the nest, eh? Show it who’s boss!”

The russet-pelted apprentice rolled onto her back once more, staring up at the sky. “D’ya remember camp?” she asked suddenly, reminded of the first time she’d met Silverwing and Sleepypaw, what seemed so, so long ago… camp, though a bit faint of a memory, was still one, and she could picture the heather-shrouded nursery with an easy clarity. “Hope we get ta go back soon…” This was, sorta, adventure, but not the kind she wanted. There was too much danger and uncertainty, now- adventure was running free over distant hills with a good friend or two at her side.
Back to top Go down
TheaOfSunflowers

TheaOfSunflowers

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptyMon 12 Dec 2022 - 18:43

Shadepaw flicked a sympathetic ear toward her friend. “I’m sure it can’t be too far off. Plus I’ve never seen a warrior ceremony, yours will probably be the first.” She purred. She felt that jab of homesickness again, wiggling somewhere deep in her chest. The moor, still so foreign and hard to place, but home in an ancient ungraspable sense. The proper WindClan camp must have that settled feeling that was absent these long moons. The apprentice rumbled out a laugh, shaking her head at the words that tumbled between them. “C’mon Shrikestar would be hare-brained to name you something as bland as Russetfur. I’m betting on Russetbounce, or maybe Russetskip, with all that hopping around you do.”

Shadepaw pinned her ears and reached out box at Russetpaw’s ear again, this time with a little more force. “I would request a name change right then and there. Shadefuzz doesn’t even make any sense.” She grumbled, and flicked her feathery tail over the red molly’s nose for good measure. “If you say so.” The dark tabby reached back and smoothed over her own ruffled fur with her tongue, content when it lay flat over her shoulders again.

Shadepaw’s ear twitched at the mention of camp. She sighed. “Sort of? I remember more of the feelings than the actual place. I was still pretty young when the quake happened.” The press of the wide blue sky, sharp bursts of heather on the breeze, a tingle through her fur when the storms rolled in, fumbling in the warmth and dim of the nursery, soft pale fiber woven into the nests… “I miss wool.” She said suddenly like she had just realized it herself. “I knew my nest was missing something, it’s wool. Just not the same without it.”

She glanced at Russetpaw, all wind-ruffled fur and bright eyes, she looked out of place against the stark stones looming over them, or the steep slopes beyond. “Me too.” The tabby answered, and the leaf-bare wind tugged a little harder at her fur, and the clouds felt a litter closer and the stones a little colder under her paws. “We’ll be home eventually. You can’t keep a WindClanner from the Moor anymore than you can keep the moon from the sky. It always comes back.” Her voice was steel, unbending, unyielding, uncompromising. It was the truth, a truth far older than her or any cat in recent memory. It was a truth as old as the soil, as ancient as the clans themselves. Shadepaw flashed the red apprentice a reassuring smile, all sinister fangs and certainty. Her eyes are the soft yellow gleam of fireflies, all fond and fierce at the same time.

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptyTue 13 Dec 2022 - 15:55

“I don’t hop,” Russetpaw huffed good-naturedly. ”I leap, with grace. and beauty. and awesomeness-ity.” She rolled away at Shadepaw’s thwack, swatting the other apprentice with her own tail. “What’s this I’ve heard about you and Fuzzbutt-“ the red-pelted apprentice began, before she fell silent and listened to Shadepaw. “Wool? I never had any in my nest. ‘Soft nests make soft warriors’,” she recited, obviously repeating something she’d been told many times. “I stole some from Sleepy, though, when I was in my own nest, about three moons old? Got all in my pelt- stars, did I ever get a tongue-lashing for that.” She huffed, flicking an ear.

“Dramatic much?” she huffed once more, sounding like the breeze gusting over the moor. “Wanna play never have i ever?” the red-pelted apprentice asked out of nowhere, hope in her voice. Sleepypaw had been too embarrassed when playing it, obviously hiding something. “Sleeps was totally hiding something when we played. I swear she’s in love with Fuzzbutt. You can start, if ya wanna play. I have no secrets!” None, apart from her worries about fitting into WindClan and longing to race beyond the horizon and that surge of jealousy she felt whenever any of her friends interacted with someone outside of her little circle and the way she was terrified of losing anyone and being left behind and alone and-

Russetpaw flicked an ear, thrumming her paws idly on the ground, dust coating her pelt.
Back to top Go down
TheaOfSunflowers

TheaOfSunflowers

Libra Goat

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] EmptyWed 14 Dec 2022 - 19:03

“Fine, you hop gracefully.” Shadepaw relented with a teasing gleam in her eye. She sneezed when Russetpaw’s dusty tail smacked her in the nose and took a half-hearted snap at it, more for show than actually trying to instigate another scuffle. She flopped back onto her side, curling her fringed tail around her flank and enjoyed what the weak leaf-bare sun had to offer. “That’s a hare-brained saying.” She laughed. “A soft nest makes a well-rested warrior. Life is hard enough sometimes, have a comfy nest, it’s not gonna hurt anything.” She shook her head at the image of a young Russetpaw getting chewed out for an untidy pelt. “I wouldn’t even know how to weave it in properly now. Maybe one of the elders will show me when we do go back to camp.” She could almost purr at the thought of a wool-lined nest, soft and insulated, so achingly normal.

The dark tabby tilted her head, interested. “Sure, but I don’t exactly lead an exciting double life. Whatcha see is whatcha get. And it’s a pretty good deal if you ask me.” She purred jokingly with a flick of her tail. Shadepaw twisted her face up at the mention of Sleepypaw and Fuzzpaw, looking like she might gag. “Aren’t they adopted siblings? I think Sleepypaw has higher standards than Fuzzpaw of all cats.” She shook out her pelt, tail-tip twitching as she thought about the first question. “Never have I ever been in a tunnel.” She had always shivered at the elder’s stories of them. Dark damp earth pressing close, chasing prey through near darkness. They were important, an advantage, and anything to help the clan was a good thing, but they certainly weren’t for her. “And I don’t plan on changing that anytime soon.” The tabby muttered, lashing her tail as she suppressed a shudder.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: think i can’t fight them all? [c]   think i can’t fight them all? [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

think i can’t fight them all? [c]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next