Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

new perspectives [open]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6059

new perspectives [open] Empty
PostSubject: new perspectives [open]   new perspectives [open] EmptyMon 5 Dec 2022 - 17:04

Thalia was unfortunately familiar with strange and unpleasant experiences, but she had to admit that this one was a new kind of strange: each time before she'd managed to escape or survive by some luck, or outside intervention, or her own skill. This time she hadn't been so lucky, had been well and truly caught and captured, but- it seemed that by now, they had done what they wanted, and rather than be a prisoner in any true sense of the word she was left to wander.

It was different, and not exactly pleasant (though moreso now than it had been at first), but far from the worst place she'd been in her life. Large, heavy steps of beasts she'd never seen were present- but they were easy to avoid, and seemed to take little interest in her; unlike the foxes and badgers that plagued the forest. The prey was plentiful, even a cat as ill-suited to hunting as she was would have little trouble, and at a distance the larger creatures were fascinating.

(The dogs, however, she could have lived without; they hadn't bothered her directly so far, but their barks were loud and sharp.)

There was no clear way home, and none of these cats were familiar, but... Well. She had to make the most of things, so she would.

For now she watched strange and unfamiliar birds at a distance, committing their colors and patterns to memory. She'd learn all she could while she was trapped here, and then she would bring those stories and that knowledge back with her when she returned.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Characters : [SC]Heatherberry| [TC]Vinecrawler | [R]Grub | [R] Grun Jr
Clan/Rank : [H]T3 BT MC / T4 MC | [G]T4 Rogue | [GJ] T1 Rogue [V]T5 Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 4508

PostSubject: Re: new perspectives [open]   new perspectives [open] EmptyMon 5 Dec 2022 - 20:49

A heavy sigh escaped a white tom whose fur was tinged slightly brown in his old age. He had no idea where he was (a fear that always lingered over him) though him being lost wasn't because he finally forgot who he was or where he lived. The only sunshine in this situation was he managed to catch a plump bird to satiate his growling tummy. One that he ever so patiently waited to land right in front of him for the last few hours.

He thought he was alone here, it not being his first rodeo of some... what was the word for them again...? Anyway, those beasts on occasion would pick him up thinking he had no real home to go to. But his trusty nose picked up on another cat. He decided to take his chances. He padded up to the cat, dropping the juicy looking bird at his paws.

"Hello, child! I hope I'm not disturbing you while you're taking in the scenery... It seems this old man is lost." He smiled, his voice raspy in his old age. His eyes squinted, attempting to get a clearer picture. A young she-cat with a calico pattern. "Maybe a meal in return for some directions?" He pawed at the brown bird. He couldn't remember the names of most animals so he didn't try anymore. "The name's Mr. Worm!"

won't you shake a poor sinners hand?:

new perspectives [open] JGg2WjR new perspectives [open] JGg3TFt new perspectives [open] JGgdMsS

new perspectives [open] JcTsSP1  new perspectives [open] JcnAVnI new perspectives [open] JaZZNs4
click photos for profiles | sprites by Aspen!
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: new perspectives [open]   new perspectives [open] EmptyWed 7 Dec 2022 - 1:02

Thalia blinked in surprise as an older cat approached her, introducing himself as Mr. Worm. It was- well, it was an odd name, she supposed, if she looked at it from a Clan cat's perspective. But in a lot of ways, its oddness reminded her of Asylum, and in that it was familiar.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Worm," she greeted. "My name is Thalia."

She'd always thought she'd set out again eventually, meet new cats and learn their stories; but she had always sort of thought she'd have a say in when that finally happened. As for Mr. Worm... His request was simple, and rather kind, but she had no information to offer; she wasn't entirely sure just how she'd ended up here in the first place.

"...I'm sorry," she shook her head. "I don't even know how I got here, or where here actually is, or where you'd be headed. I guess you could say I'm lost, too."

There wasn't a lot she could offer, was there?

"If you want to talk, though, I can listen. I just don't think I'll be of any help to you."

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: new perspectives [open]   new perspectives [open] EmptyWed 7 Dec 2022 - 19:51

new perspectives [open] 1f33c【Nala】new perspectives [open] 1f33c

This... This was her life now apparently. She escaped her old home—she wasn't someone who was going to wait for a life of adventure to roll into her paws—just to end up in the grubby grabbers of some other, strange tall-walkers. Great. If her siblings could see her now, they'd never let her live this down. Thankfully, they weren't there so she was safe from this blasted humiliation.

Hey, at least with enough wriggling and patience, she was able to get the tall-walker holding her to set her down. Yeah! She wasn't some limp prey that anyone could manhandle! If her soft, fluffy pelt wasn't an issue for her already... Tall-walkers never got enough of trying to rub and scratch her. She was sick and tired of this. She needed to make her grand escape soon.

Wrinkling her delicate nose at all the new scents, Nala cautiously surveyed the area as she quietly walked around, avidly avoiding the tall-walkers that occasionally passed by. Hey! She was getting better at all this sneaky stuff. She puffed out her chest. She felt like a true adventurer now! Take that ma and pa! She could do it! She wasn't "too delicate" or "too young". Fooey!

"Hmm?" Sky blue eyes blinked as she strained her hearing when she noticed a few voices coming from a certain direction. She was aware that other cats wandered around there but she hadn't come across some in the very short time she was here. A grin overtook her face. She could always learn something while she was here. Perhaps they even knew a way out of the place!

The young cat rushed over to the voices, eyes alit with determination. The small, fluffy molly stopped a few feet away from the figures. There were two of them; one old tom-cat and a younger molly. Tilting her head, she carefully approached the pair. "Hello? Sir? Ma'am? Do you guys live here?" Manners were everything. She smiled pleasantly. "I'd love to know the way out of here if you could help me out. You see, I was innocently exploring when some rude tall-walkers came outta nowhere and snatched me up and dropped me off here. There are so many big, weird things that make these loud sounds and I'm kinda nervous to get too close..."

Nala jolted before she smiled sheepishly. "Whoops. I forgot to introduce myself. My name's Nala. I left my family home to become an adventurer but things aren't going as planned..." she huffed then shrugged. "I wanna learn new things and see new sights," she meowed dreamily. She then shot the two a lopsided grin. "What are your names?"

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: new perspectives [open]   new perspectives [open] EmptyThu 8 Dec 2022 - 14:28

Mr. Worm's warm expression towards Thalia faltered a bit upon hearing that she too had no idea where they were. It would be a lie to say he wasn't disappointed. "No worries, my dear. We can figure it out together!" He beamed. He pushed the brown birdie he'd caught towards Thalia, urging her to share it with him even if she had nothing to offer him in return. Her not ignoring him had been more than enough for the old man.

Suddenly, another young cat entered the scene, asking if they knew the way out of here. "I'm sorry, little one. I don't even know where 'here' is. But it's very nice to meet you, Nala. My name is Mr. Worm." He was sincerely apologetic to her, not keen to letting others down. "An adventurer! You must tell me of your adventures!" The old tom loved a good story. "You as well, Thalia. You look to be a well matured young cat. I bet you've been through it all."

new perspectives [open] JGg2WjR new perspectives [open] JGg3TFt new perspectives [open] JGgdMsS

new perspectives [open] JcTsSP1  new perspectives [open] JcnAVnI new perspectives [open] JaZZNs4

Last edited by Flybot on Fri 9 Dec 2022 - 3:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: new perspectives [open]   new perspectives [open] EmptyFri 9 Dec 2022 - 3:07

As she'd been about to respond (and accept to share the bird), another cat had approached and asked them both for directions; and Thalia couldn't help but smile sadly at the younger cat.

That sad smile turned into a curious expression at the mention of her being an adventurer, however. "Nala? That's a nice name," she said cheerfully. It was different, but it was a pretty kind of different; she'd always liked the names of the cats she'd grown up with.

(There was more than just one reason she'd kept hers, after all. Memories, dreams of redemption, simple familiarity.)

Lyralei, Pyrik, Katana, Iniko. Nala's name seemed as though it would fit nicely alongside cats she used to know.

"As he said," she nodded, "I'm Thalia. And I'm sorry, but... Neither of us knows a way out. I'd love to hear about your adventures, though!"

Mr. Worm was... Well, something. Nala was an adventurer. What was Thalia, separated from the forest and from ShadowClan? Child of Asylum, child of Oasis? Did it make a difference either way?

"I guess you're right about that," she mused, considering her experiences for a moment. "I'm no adventurer, but I've been a few different things throughout my life, to several different cats. If I had to say just one thing, though..."

She hummed, considering. There was one thing that it always came back to, for her- the reason she listened to elder's tales, and kept ShadowClan's pelts, and wore flower crowns when she could find the plants she needed.

"...I've always liked to learn."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2974

PostSubject: Re: new perspectives [open]   new perspectives [open] EmptyMon 12 Dec 2022 - 16:58

Whisperear

Whisperear was exhausted following the short stay at the cutter. They were still sore even after several days spent there. The twolegs had been overbearing and they had to stay in a very cramped space the entire time. Whisperear had been fed strange pellets mixed in with gross dry food, and the twoleg medicine cats had handled the scars on their throat a lot, which had been painful. They missed home. They missed Flutterpetal and Adderdawn and Batsong and Coyotegrin. They missed the flower field and the tunnels. They missed their nest. Whisperear didn’t think they were ever coming back home, and that left them more exhausted than usual.

The new location was…nicer, at least. It was no longer a small space in a sterile twoleg building. Now, at least, there was fresh grass and rodents that they could catch (if they even wanted to). Their soreness would go away, or so they hoped. The dogs that hung out around the edges of the property still put Whisperear on edge, though. They hoped that the ropes that the twolegs kept them on would be strong enough to keep them from tearing into any cat that happened to stray too close.

They approached a small group of cats assembling in one patch of the field. They listened to each cat introduce themselves and then piped up in their soft voice, Hello all. I’m Whisperear. They recognized clan scent on a couple of the cats. RiverClan and ShadowClan. They had yet to see any WindClan cats during their stay with the twolegs, and Whisperear hoped that that meant they were the only one taken. Whisperear looked back towards the dogs at the edge of the property and wondered if they would ever find a way out of here. They once again wished that this was WindClan, where the tunnels beneath the earth would help provide an escape out of here. As it was now, they would probably just get devoured by the dogs.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
[Not Pictured]

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Flybot
Former Staff
Former Staff
Flybot

Pisces Tiger

PostSubject: Re: new perspectives [open]   new perspectives [open] EmptyFri 16 Dec 2022 - 17:11

Mr. Worm nodded his head, humming softly seemingly in thought. It was nice that the two she-cats enjoyed learning and exploring, since that was a hobby of his as well. "I love learning as well. Perhaps we could have a sit down sometime and trade knowledge." He mused, pleased at the thought of acquiring a new acquaintance or even friend.

Huh? Mr. Worm could have sworn he'd heard a voice but... He wasn't too sure. His poor eyes scanned the other two cats, but it didn't seem like either of them had said anything... Ah! A fourth cat had joined the small party. He had heard the first half of what the cat said but the last bit escaped him. "Whisper? A fine name! I'm Mr. Worm." He chose not to mention that it was a fitting name for the cat, figuring it might be a bit rude.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new perspectives [open]   new perspectives [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

new perspectives [open]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Distant Farm-
Jump to: