Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Nothing but ashes (Open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2430

Nothing but ashes (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 5:45 pm

Snowpaw loafed in a corner of ShadowClan’s makeshift camp at Fourtrees, her mind swirling with thoughts. Last night, she’d had a dream of watching Deerpaw and Sootpaw’s warrior ceremonies. It felt so real. Could it be a memory? Were they really Deerleap and Sootwhisker? No. No. If she admitted that they could’ve changed, she might have to admit to a reality she refused to believe. After all, she hadn’t seen them since her injury…

OOC: Feel free to approach. For those of you who don’t know, Snowfoot is a senior warrior. She took a pretty severe knock to the head and currently doesn’t remember anything before about the middle of her apprenticeship, hence the fact she’s written as “Snowpaw”.
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2299

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 6:06 pm

Russetpaw had just returned into quote-unquote camp with a small rabbit hanging from her jaws and deposited it onto WindClan’s prey pile. She was quite proud of herself, really, even with a mediocre catch. She was WindClan’s newest apprentice, practically, and hey, she was doing great! Obviously because she had the best mentor in WindClan… poor Sleepypaw. At least Blazefang was a reasonably close second.

It was getting dark, and though Russetpaw kinda wanted to sleep, Sleepypaw wasn’t back yet (at least, not that she saw) and she really wanted to tell her friend about how she caught that rabbit (it had nearly run her over, really, and she could make it sound much cooler than that) before she went to sleep, or else she’d never remember in the morning.

Maybe she’d talk to Harrierpaw? Yeah, that sounded nice! Russetpaw scampered to the edge of WindClan’s sector of Fourtrees, looking for her new friend- there! The red-pelted apprentice suddenly scrambled to a stop not far from… a she-cat that was not Harrierpaw. She was way too old to be an apprentice- but something about her body language told Russetpaw that she wasn’t a threat, not really. She just looked… sad, maybe?

“Heya, I’m Russetpaw! You?” she chirped cheerfully, coming to sit near the ShadowClanner. She would’ve brought prey over to share, but… well, after Nightstar had been so angry at a mere ‘kit, she didn’t want to imagine how furious Shrikestar would be.
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Clan/Rank : Lighttail: SkyClan T2 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 6:38 pm

Snowpaw’s head whipped around, golden eyes wide. Her heart pounded. What was she supposed to say? Snowpaw? That was the name she knew. Still, though, she had doubts. She’d been told she was Snowfoot now. But that was wrong. Snowfoot was someone else entirely. As long as she had no memory of being Snowfoot, she wasn’t.

The black-and-white she-cat shuffled her paws. “I’m Snowpaw,” she answered. Please don’t ask. But she’d seen her reflection in a puddle a time or two. She was far too old and scarred to be an apprentice. Anyone in their right mind would probably ask.
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 6:47 pm

Snowpaw? Russetpaw tilted her head to the side. Someone’s warrior name could end in -paw? Golly, that was a pile of hare-dung if there ever was one. Poor thing- she looked embarrassed, so she probably shouldn’t ask. But still. Gosh. Nightstar must really have not liked this poor she-cat, so… maybe Russetpaw shouldn’t be associating with her? But she looked nice, if a bit scared. Or maybe he just named her Snowpaw because her paws were white? Yeah, that was more likely. Then it was probably okay to talk to her.

“Hi Snowpaw!” she chirped. “Do you know Harrierpaw? She’s my friend, ‘n’ I was lookin’ ta tell ‘er all ‘bout this rabbit I caught- do you wanna hear about it? I saw it nibblin’ on some grass and then I rushed over and it near-about took off, runnin’ so fast as it was, but I chased after it and after it and after it until I ‘lmost reached ‘ighstones!” That was a bit of exaggeration, maybe… but it had certainly felt like she’d run to Highstones and back.
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 6:57 pm

Snowpaw perked up. “I don’t know Harrierpaw all that well, but I know who you mean. I haven’t seen her though. Woah, that’s crazy! I’ve never been a rabbit-hunter myself. There really aren’t very many in the marsh. I did help my best friend kill a snake once, though. Technically the first prey I ever caught, even though all I did was finish it off.”
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 7:42 pm

“Well, ta be honest, there ain’t much else out on t’ open moor, just rabbits and ‘ares, like. A snake! Oooh! I’ve never actually fought a pred’tor afore,” Russetpaw admitted. But she’d sparred, against Sleepypaw! And Sleepypaw was much bigger than a snake, so surely that was more impressive? “Is ya friend around, ta meet? I’m tryina meet what ShadowClanners I can, alliance ‘n’ all that, gotta know your allies! And t’ only other ShadowClanner I’ve met, like, other ‘n’ ‘arrierpaw or ya, was Nightstar, an’ ‘e’s all scary-like! Kinda- well, yeah,” she ended somewhat incoherently, totally oblivious to the fact that hey, the reason Snowpaw was sad might be that her best friend isn’t around anymore? Ptcha. Who would expect Russetpaw to pick up on that.
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 7:48 pm

Echopaw had taken the day lazing around Fourtrees, sticking to the Thunderclan side of it. He hadn't had much courage to leave besides to practice some defensive moves with a couple of other npc apprentices. To be real. He was mourning. Mourning the greatest loss of his time. The loss of his rock collection.

Yep.

Now he had to find cool rocks all over again! He barely had enough time to do it when he had to learn how to be a warrior and all this. Today was the first day he had felt like he had a break. Some time to relax a little. Echopaw decided he would try and find at least one cool rock.

He got to his paws and assumed his rock hunting position. Crouched, tail sweeping the floor back and forth, nose close to the ground, eyes as wide as he could make them go and he started walking backwards. In this position, his tail swept away dirt, and would allow him to see all of the rocks hiding in the dirt. He was a genius! He was sure there were other ways to find these rocks. But this was all he could think of. Maybe if he attached a branch to his forehead and moved his head around he could sweep the dirt away. But he couldn't think of a good way to do that. He giggled thinking about a giant branch on his head. "Silly kitty." he mewed to himself, continuing to walk backward looking for stones in the ground.

With his nose to the ground he hadn't seen the two she-cats behind him, but he felt them as he backed into one of them. Echopaw nearly jumped three feet into the air and scrambled around to face them sheepishly, "Sorry, I'm rock huntin'." he admitted offering them a smile. Opening his maw, he scented the air, he couldn't place their scents at all.

"Echopaw. Name's Echopaw." he chirped, giving them a smile so big his eyes disappeared.

"speech"
A MILLION DREAMS ARE KEEPING ME AWAKE INFO
Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptyTue Nov 22, 2022 11:35 am

Snowpaw grew quiet again at Russetpaw’s question. What should she say to that? “No, she’s not here,” she said hesitantly. That much was true no matter what. She certainly wasn’t lying to herself or Russetpaw. Deerleap was not in the immediate vicinity.

She startled at the arrival of a cat who was walking backwards? “Um, hi. Nice to meet you, Echopaw. I’m Snowpaw and this is Russetpaw.”
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptyTue Nov 22, 2022 12:06 pm

Awww. Russetpaw had thought that, maybe, if she started with this molly an’ kinda worked her way outwards, she could meet all the nice cats in ShadowClan? Without having ta bother with the kinda mean-like ones, like Nightstar. What a shame.

And then something bumped into her. Fully expecting it to be Sleepypaw trying to startle her Russetpaw whirled ‘round, eyes blazing and ready to chase her friend across Fourtrees- ‘cept that it wasn’t Sleeps, it was another cat- a kinda crazy-lookin’ one, with his tail all dusty-like and eyes all crinkly.

“Oh, ah, sorry- thought ya were m’ friend sneakin’ up on me,” she mewed. Well, his name certainly seemed to fit him- why was he talkin’ like that? Thank the stars, before she could ask something else occurred to the young molly.

“Wha’ Clan’re ya? I- not WindClan, I’m WindClan, and ‘nowpaw’s ShadowClan. Wait- lemme guess, lemme guess… not RiverClan, you don’t smell terrible, just weird-like… so either Sky or Thun’er… SkyClan?l she guessed. Echo- seemed like more of a SkyClanner name, she guessed, ThunderClanners were all named like Brown- or White-, right?
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 1:01 pm

Echopaw jumped back from Russetpaw in fright, his white fur sticking up all over the place. The Thunderclanner’s eyes widened as she spoke and he immediately grinned at her. He was in love. Well. With her words. “Not sneakin’.” He repeated. He wasn’t sneakin’, at least not up on Russetpaw. The rocks he was hunting he didn’t really need to sneak up on them. Echopaw giggled as he thought about sneaking up and surprising rocks as if they were prey.

“Thun’erclan!” He said proudly, puffing out his chest. He didn’t survive the Thunderpath, being covered in paint and feathers to be called a Skyclanner. Who was Skyclan? He hadn’t been able to take a proper tour around the edges of his clans territories quite yet. Otherwise he would recognize clan scents. Echopaw plopped down next to them, a little too close, his awareness for boundaries was nearly nonexistent, “Not Riverclan. Not Skyclan.” He mewed, more to himself, he was a little embarrassed at the way he spoke. Echopaw hoped Russetpaw wouldn’t take offense that he had directly repeated her words. The Tom couldn’t help it.

"speech"
Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 1:29 pm

Snowpaw couldn’t help a chuckle. “Good to know. What’s it like in ThunderClan? Do you have a good leader?” She had no idea who the ThunderClan leader was so she figured she’d just not say any name.
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 1:28 pm

He talked a bit odd, this grey tom, least’a’ways not like anycat Russetpaw ‘ad meant, and she scrunched up her nose a bit as he threw her words straight back at ‘er. Was ‘e makin’ fun o’ her? Was he? She’d be spittin mad iffen he was, but she couldn’t tell and if she was spittin’ mad at somecat what didn’t deserve it, then she’d feel bad… hmmm. A conundrum. Snowpaw, though, seemed to take it in stride, and so Russetpaw dismissed it as ‘something ThunderClanners did’.

“Oh, I dunno who the ThunderClan leader is! I’ve ‘eard stories of a Blizzardstar, methinks, but that was ages and ages ago, really. Our leader’s Shrikestar, brown tom, an’ I’ve already met Nightstar. An- so I’ve never seen the ThunderClan leader, who is it Echopaw? Mebbe somewhat like… Brownstar?” Russetpaw wasn’t exactly the most imaginative cat this side o’ Highstones.
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 6:43 pm

He cocked his head in a twitchy sort of way as he scrambled his brain for the answer. He could see her face giving him his apprentice name. Brownstar? No that wasn't it. He giggled as he thought of that being Thunderclan's leader's name. Nightstar? They sounded scary, Echopaw made a mental note to stay away from any guys named Nightstar. "Oh oh! I know it!" he shouted quite loud for how close he was to the other two, "Mottlestar!" he cried happily. Echopaw remembering his leader's name shouldn't be a question. But for this tomcat, he could hardly remember what he had for breakfast. Echopaw liked Mottlestar, she reminded him a lot of his mentor, Briarrose. Well, that would make sense because Mottlestar was Briarrose's mom. He hummed a little tune under his breath, "You got any good rocks in Windclan?" it was all he cared about, really.

"speech"
Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 2:30 pm

Snowpaw stared off into the distance for a moment. Nightstar. Another fact she tried to avoid. Nightstalker being leader could only mean one thing, and she wasn’t ready to accept Murkystar being gone, much less Frostgaze. Having completely failed to notice Echopaw’s question in her daze, she turned back to Russetpaw. “So, you met Nightstar. Um, how was that? Did you talk about anything interesting?”
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) EmptyMon Nov 28, 2022 3:21 pm

Russetpaw narrowed her eyes again at the grey tom-cat. Mebbe he couldn’t hear right. She took a half-step back and made a show of grooming down her ears. Stars- right in her ears- ‘ow old was he? Was ThunderClan pressing kits into apprenticeship before their time? She’d heard of such things before- the red-pelted apprentice narrowed her eyes again, but this time in more than annoyance. Suspicion.

Or maybe he was jus’ a weirdo. “Rocks?” she echoed unintentionally, brow furrowed. “I- I dunno. Why?” Why the stars would anyone want rocks? You couldn’t eat ‘em, right?

She turned her attention back to Snowpaw with a huff. “Yeah, we met Nightstar a’right. He was all cranky-like, mad that some ‘kit lifted a squirrel from your pile before we could stop ‘em. Willin’ to see reason though… I guess.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing but ashes (Open)   Nothing but ashes (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Nothing but ashes (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next