Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A SkyClan Murder Mystery

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who murdered Dawnfeather?
Briarstar
A SkyClan Murder Mystery Vote_lcap0%A SkyClan Murder Mystery Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Birdchaser
 0% [ 0 ]
Bloodstrike
A SkyClan Murder Mystery Vote_lcap25%A SkyClan Murder Mystery Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Blackbear
 0% [ 0 ]
Crimsonflame
 0% [ 0 ]
Plumleaf
 0% [ 0 ]
Fogfeather
 0% [ 0 ]
Trufflesnap
 25% [ 1 ]
Dandelionflight
 25% [ 1 ]
Dawnfeather
 25% [ 1 ]
Yewfrost
 0% [ 0 ]
Moonlily
 0% [ 0 ]
Nightbird
 0% [ 0 ]
Wolfblossom
 0% [ 0 ]
Spottedfrog
 0% [ 0 ]
Thornstalker
 0% [ 0 ]
Ravenclaw
 0% [ 0 ]
Beechfang
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

A SkyClan Murder Mystery Empty
PostSubject: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySat 12 Nov 2022 - 15:57

important:

It’s a normal sun-high in camp. Cats are clustered around eating prey and sharing tongues. Suddenly, the calm is shattered by a pained, frothing yowl. Heads shoot up around camp, all turned towards the source of the noise-

Dawnfeather is collapsing, writhing, flailing, foam frothing at her mouth. Next to her, Trufflesnap is crouched over, eyes wide with terror. She tries to croak out a word, but it’s lost under the pained screams. Someone is sent to fetch a medicine cat, but by the time Fogfeather comes sprinting into camp, it’s too late for Dawnfeather.

Briarstar eventually comes storming into camp, Plumleaf following behind her. Trufflesnap, she’s informed by Fogfeather, will recover. There was nothing to be done for Dawnfeather. Someone must’ve slipped poison into the prey pile- but as eyes start to dart around camp, each cat eyeing the others with suspicious glances- Dandelionflight speaks up with wide eyes and trembling paws, still shaken from the death of her best friend.

”But… I saw Dawnfeather catch that squirrel with my own eyes. I- she- I don’t think she put it down on the whole trek back, not even when Trufflesnap and I did.”

Briarstar’s eyes narrow.

You are Russetrye, a respected SkyClan warrior who was on guard duty all day. Briarstar beckons you over and asks who went out of camp so far this morning. It takes you a moment to recall, but eventually you have a list of those who went out and weren’t within your sight the whole time.

“Blackbear.
Birdchaser.
Fogfeather.
Ravenclaw.
Trufflesnap.
Dandelionflight.
Fogfeather.”

The killer, to the best of your knowledge, is among these cats. Nightbird, Moonlily, and Yewfrost were training just outside camp, within your sight at all times. Crimsonflame was in Fogfeather’s den with a headache. Wolfblossom and Dreamyflight were helping Wildfang with the kits, while Spottedfrog and Thornstalker had taken all the apprentices to the far side of the territory the night before.

The last interruption comes from Moonlily, who raises her tail in a timid question from her spot at the camp entrance.

“Briarstar… the camp defenses are damaged.”

It’s true- the sticks are slightly pushed aside, as if someone hadn’t quite made the leap, and a drift of leaves is disturbed.

Briarstar turns to you.

What questions do you ask; or who do you accuse?  

Ask questions below in the comments, or when you’re ready cast your vote! Every warrior in SkC is included but that doesn’t necessarily means you should suspect them. You can always recast your vote.

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2230

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySat 12 Nov 2022 - 16:01

Where in camp is the defenses damaged. Near what den.

A SkyClan Murder Mystery SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySat 12 Nov 2022 - 16:03

I'm going to have to say my own cat did this cuz Crimson would never stay in the med den over a headache. And if that is where the break in the defenses were, he is screwed lol.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySat 12 Nov 2022 - 16:20

You turn to Briarstar after she’s dismissed everyone to carry on their business. Birdchaser has been sent to tell Beechfang and Bloodstrike of Dawnfeather’s death, as the cat they’ll be least likely to kill when they learn of the sweet she-cat’s passing. A vigil is about to be held.

“Briarstar, near which den are the defenses damaged?”

Briarstar nods briskly, heading to the camp entrance and beckoning you follow with a flick of her tail. Moonlily sits there, talking in low, hushed tones to Nightbird. Briarstar repeats your question.

“Behind the elderberry bush- the one that overhangs the medicine den,” she responds, tail flicking. Nightbird watches you with keen eyes, obviously seeing where you’re going with this. “But it wasn’t Crimsonflame,” he mews, so confident that even his own sister turns to him in surprise. His ears flick back as he realizes how odd he sounds. “He was- he was- he was my mentor. I- he wouldn’t do something like this.

Briarstar’s eyes narrow. As you turn, you catch a glimpse of reddish fur darting behind a tree. With a flick of your tail, you draw Briarstar’s attention to it… knowing he’s caught, Crimsonflame comes out from behind the cover, with a slightly guilty expression. “Hey Briarstar… Russetrye.”

He dips his head to each of you in turn.

What questions do you ask him, or do you choose to examine something else?
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySat 12 Nov 2022 - 16:28

I ask him what he is so guilty about

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySat 12 Nov 2022 - 16:33

Also love Nightburn sticking up for him

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySat 12 Nov 2022 - 16:41

This isn’t a time for tiptoeing around with sheathed claws. Dawnfeather was the nearest a living cat could get to a StarClanner, and now she’s dead.

“Crimsonflame. What are you acting guilty about?”

His ears flatten as he takes a step back, obviously not expecting this tone of voice. His eyes dart to Briarstar, hoping for some reassurance, but the large tabby’s gaze is as stony as your own. He swallows.

”Whoah, who put dirt in your fresh-kill?” he asks, meaning it as a joke. Moonlily flinches back, reminded of the all-too-recent death. Briarstar’s ears flatten- not in fear, but in anger. Nightbird speedily stands up, stepping between his mother and his mentor.

“Crimsonflame, I- you need to tell them. All of it. D- Dawnfeather’s dead, Crimsonflame!”

The reddish tom’s eyes widen in shock. Instant fear scent seeps from him as he takes a step back, paws trembling.

“And you think- you think I killed her,” he finishes softly. For a second, there is silence before he continues. “I- I’ll tell you everything, Briarstar. I- before it’s though- I didn’t kill her. I would never have killed her- who would’ve? I- I’ve been meeting my brother, late at night, but Fogfeather got suspicious so I pretended to have a headache so he could keep an eye on me, and when he left early this morning I snuck out to meet with Astraeus. I- you could ask him- and Nightbird…” he trails off, glancing to the side. Nightbird picks up where he left off.

“I saw him, you know, darting between the trees. He-He’d told me earlier about this brother o his… he was heading for Fourtrees. You could follow his scent trail, it’ll lead you straight to Fourtrees.”

Briarstar flicks her tail, face inscrutable.

“You two are to remain in camp until further notice. Moonlily, take Yewfrost and confirm this story.”

Moonlily nods. Beckoning for Yewfrost to follow, the two head for Fourtrees. Crimsonflame and Nightbird slink into camp, looking somewhat guilty, but, in Crimsonflame’s case, mostly shocked from the death.

Briarstar turns to you. “Russetrye, you’re the only one I can trust. Everyone agrees that you never moved from your post. Anyone else could’ve slipped away for just a moment- even me.” Her stony eyes seem to bore into your soul. “I’m putting you in charge of this investigation. I’m going to meet with Bloodstrike and Beechfang at the border, if you want to attend.”

What do you do? Who do you accuse?
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySat 12 Nov 2022 - 16:47

I investigate the fresh kill Dawnfeather are because I realized she is an option for who murdered her and it would be hilarious if she literally just ate bad prey.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySat 12 Nov 2022 - 17:19

Spoiler:

You shake your head silently, and Briarstar, with a nod, lopes off. A new, more promising thought had just occurred to you- to investigate the fresh-kill Dawnfeather had eaten. As you turn to head back into camp Wildfang passes you, kicking something along as if she’s playing mossball.

“Wait. Is that-“

The prey Dawnfeather ate?” Wildfang shakes her head sadly. “A pity, that. What a kind molly, too. Yes, it is. Fogfeather said I could dispose of it, as long as I didn’t pick it up in my jaws. You’re welcome to have a look, though you’d best ask Fogfeather with any questions.”

You cast a quick look over the squirrel- partially eaten, yes, but thin and scrawny. Dawnfeather must’ve had poor luck today to settle for such poor prey. Fogfeather has already partially dissected it, opening up a stomach full of red mush. The scent of deathberries hits your nose and you recoil. Wildfang nods, making a face, and continues kicking the squirrel along, to bury it somewhere out of camp.

Deathberry poison. Poor Dawnfeather.

What do you do next?

also I realized this might not be clear- everyone’s welcome to play! just chime in whenever you want- or let Karu do it we’re actually making some great progress
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySat 12 Nov 2022 - 20:17

There are two things I am wondering now. Of the cats listed who went outside, who was alone.

And it had to be someone close to Dawnfeather at the time to poison her, so can we question Trufflesnap? Also question Blackbear cuz that girl craves violence lol

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySun 13 Nov 2022 - 5:55

As you watch Wildfang disappear into the woods, still kicking the contaminated fresh-kill along, you mentally think over the day. Who had gone out alone?

This was difficult.

Blackbear had gone out alone, aye, but she’d returned along Fogfeather, with fresh scratches to boot. And Fogfeather had gone out with Trufflesnap, who had returned with Dawnfeather and Dandelionflight. Birdchaser and Ravenclaw had gone out together and returned together.

Yet, if Crimsonflame could sneak out… who else could?

Blackbear was lazing in the sun, seemingly unbothered by the violent death just minutes before. You walk up to her.

“Blackbear, what did you do while out on patrol?”

”Nothing much,” she grunts. You fix her with a stony glare and she relents. “Got in a fight with some enormous rogue, all scarred over. Guess who. Then came back. Found Fogfeather on the way.”

Blackbear got in a tussle with Bloodstrike? She’d found Fogfeather on the way back…

Your paws take you to the medicine den. Before you can peek inside, Fogfeather’s incredibly unhappy visage greets you.

“No. You can interrogate her later, when she’s recovered from nearly foxing dying.”  

He ducks back in the medicine den, heedless of the glare you send his way.

Trufflesnap can be interrogated in three turns!

What do you do?
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySun 13 Nov 2022 - 10:58

Question Dandelionflight on why Trufflesnap had returned with them.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySun 13 Nov 2022 - 11:08

Of the three cats on that ill-fated patrol, the only one that can currently be asked questions is Dandelionflight. You head over to where the senior warrior is carefully licking down the fur on her two young kits and ask her to step away for a moment. She’s shaken, her paws trembling and ears laid back against her skull.

“Dandelionflight, why did Trufflesnap return with your patrol?”

“I- well… Dawnfeather and I over heard her arguing with Fogfeather… Dawn said that since poor Trufflesnap had been arguing with so many cats lately- Birdchaser and Briarstar and now Fogfeather, that we should invite her on our patrol. She calmed down a little after that, enough to spar with me a bit- surprising, that. I thought she’d have had a poorer attitude, what with Dawnfeather being the only one of us to catch anything plump, but- well, Dawnfeather was right, wasn’t she? That there’s good in every cat. Wh- the important thing is that Dawnfeather was still hunting when we laid our squirrels down to spar, and even if Dawn did put her prey down, it would’ve only been for a moment, and surely she couldn’t have missed someone slipping… that in it. Someone must’ve force-fed the prey poison- Slightsight used to tell us stories about that, that it happened once, you know… but to Dawnfeather…I… I’m going to go now, please.”

The ticked tabby heads back to her kits, fur still standing on end.

Trufflesnap can be interrogated in two turns!

What do you do?

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySun 13 Nov 2022 - 17:36

Continue talking to dandelionflight. She said Dawn caught the prey she ate, but then mentioned she was the only one to catch something plump. But the prey she ate was scrawny.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery EmptySun 13 Nov 2022 - 17:43

You follow after Dandelionflight, halting her before she can return to her kits. The ticked tabby stands, swishing her tail in agitation, obviously wishing to be done with this conversation.

”The prey Dawnfeather ate was scrawny, yet you said she caught plump prey. Explain.”

Dandelionflight’s eyes narrow.

”Oh, I’m sorry for not remembering details about the prey that my best friend caught before dying! Insensitive- fox-dung!”

With an angry lash of her tail that nearly hits you in the face, she turns and storms back to her kits. The camp falls silent as cats stare. Dandelionflight wasn’t one for yelling… before you can pursue her and explain the reasoning for your question, Yewfrost skids into camp, breathing hard.

“Russetrye- Briarstar wants you at the border with- at Twolegplace, but Moonlily and I found something you might want to look at, we think- but Briarstar said to come to her first-“

Do you answer Briarstar’s summons first, or follow Yewfrost?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A SkyClan Murder Mystery   A SkyClan Murder Mystery Empty

Back to top Go down

A SkyClan Murder Mystery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next