Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

off to see the world ; acornkit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

off to see the world ; acornkit Empty
PostSubject: off to see the world ; acornkit   off to see the world ; acornkit EmptyTue 1 Nov 2022 - 23:06

Echokit's small form was still curled up tightly in his nest. The nursery was still warmed than the general outside. It wasn't long before the little bundle of white-grey fur began to stir. His eyes blinked open, and he was quickly aware of the absence of the other kits. He was already getting to his paws, jaws parting in a wide yawn. He could hear voices just outside of the nursery. As he hadn't made many friends quite yet he couldn't make out any particular voice and made quick work of heading in that direction to see what the hubbub was about.

He sat at the entrance of the nursery, inspecting camp, seeing what everyone was doing. The kits were all out of the nursery stretching their legs. Many warriors were returning from patrols, some carrying fresh kill and others looking tired or irritated, and - oop! something fell onto his head. He immediately puffed up, jumping nearly a foot in the air with fear as he scrambled back into the den, unsure of what had just happened. But then he noticed the leaf laying where he had been. Oh. That was.. embarrassing, to say the least. He had gotten frightened by a leaf. Had anyone seen that? He hoped not. He hoped nobody would bring it up. He let out an awkward laugh and shook his fluffy pelt out.

He padded back over to the leaf, tapping it briefly with his paw and it floated a bit away before landing again. Why was this so...enticing? His pupils grew wide, and he didn't realize how far he was getting from the nursery as he continued the motion over and over again to watch it fall. He was almost pouncing on it now, then pushing it with his paw so it floated a few inches away before pouncing again. What else could he do to entertain himself with all the debris around the camp?

"speech"
A MILLION DREAMS ARE KEEPING ME AWAKE INFO

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7402

PostSubject: Re: off to see the world ; acornkit   off to see the world ; acornkit EmptyWed 2 Nov 2022 - 12:28

Acornkit was curled up in a patch of shade, eyes watching the cats that were coming and going from the camp as she tried to locate Briarrose. That was until the sound of pawsteps caught her ear, causing her to glance over to see... Echokit, was it? He was new to the camp - being brought into the nursery not long ago. She was ever as eager to have a new kit around her age and as she watched him be entertained with a leaf, she couldn't help but let out a giggle as she pushed herself to her paws. "Hi there!" she called out as she scampered over, hoping not to startle him too badly with her sudden approach. She came to a stop a tail-length away, eyes bright as she glanced over at the leaf he had been batting at, tilting her head with a playful smile. "Um...Do you mind if I join you? I like batting at leaves as well," she admitted, a little sheepishly. "O-Or if you want, we can try to think up something else to play! Either way...Um, I am happy to just hang out with you!"

off to see the world ; acornkit ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon ~ Flurrykit
TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: off to see the world ; acornkit   off to see the world ; acornkit EmptyWed 2 Nov 2022 - 16:59

Echokit was so enthralled with the leaf he had almost missed the sound of Acornkit approaching him. He let the leaf go, sheathing his claws, and trained his eyes on the other kit. His maw stretched into an equally friendly smile as he turned to face her. "Hi there!" he repeated. He suddenly became acutely aware and self-conscious of his speech disorder. This was his first friend! Besides his adoptive mother Comfreyheart. He couldn't mess this up.

"Join me, join me join me!" he spoke, his words coming out excited and animated, if Acornkit looked hard enough she may see the struggle in his eyes as he tried to say anything else but repeat his new friends words. Why couldn't he just choose his own words? He didn't understand, but he tried to suck it up and pretend as though there was nothing amiss. "We could go rock hunting? Rock hunting. I have a secret rock stash. I can show you where I hid them!" he mewed his small body vibrating in excitement. What if she didn't like rocks? Uh-oh, "I am happy to just hang out with you!" he added, not being able to help but borrow her words.

"speech"

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: off to see the world ; acornkit   off to see the world ; acornkit EmptyThu 3 Nov 2022 - 13:28

Acornkit let out a sigh of relief as it was clear the didn't startle her denmate, smiling in return as he returned her greeting. She couldn't help but laugh at his insistence for her to join him - not in malice but in honest surprise and finding the whole thing rather cute - before pausing as he threw out the idea of going rock hunting. Honestly, she hadn't put much thought into rocks - there were so many scattered around the camp, she had come to prefer the soft feathers the warriors would sometimes bring for the queens to put in their nest or the leaves. But seeing his pure excitement at the rocks...Well, she couldn't help but share his joy - after all, if he liked rocks so much, then certainly she could find ways to like them as well! "I would love to see your rock stash!" she meowed, giving him a nod, touched that he was so eager to share his secret spot with her. "And don't worry, I'll be sure to keep it a secret!"

TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: off to see the world ; acornkit   off to see the world ; acornkit EmptyThu 3 Nov 2022 - 17:28

His face heated in slight embarrassment as he watched her reaction to his word vomiting. He liked finding interest in the mundane. Like his rocks, for example, everyone saw rocks every day, around camp, on their patrols to them they were nothing special, but to little Echo he loved them. The tom knew that the rocks would never leave him, they'd always exist for him and never die. This seemed like a lot for a kitten to ponder but if you think about how he was dropped off on the Thunderpath and thrown out like garbage, naturally abandonment and morality may be something he would cling onto. It was all he knew. Until Thunderclan anyways. He shook his head getting rid of the sad thoughts threatening to ruin his day.

"It's over here! My rock stash." he mewed as he started trotting to the nursery, as he reached the backside of the bramble thicket he flattened himself to the ground and pushed himself through the small opening he had made. The space had opened up into a small cave of brambles big enough for the two kittens and his rocks. He made space in his cave for Acornkit and he held out a paw to point at his four rocks he had so far collected, "Ta-da!" he exclaimed.

"speech"

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: off to see the world ; acornkit   off to see the world ; acornkit EmptyFri 4 Nov 2022 - 14:12

Acornkit's ears perked as Echokit spun to head towards the nursery, padding after him as she scanned the surrounding area to figure out where his hidden spot could be. That was, until he suddenly forced himself through a small opening in the thicket, catching her by surprise as she stood there. Oh! A sense of nervousness came over her, suddenly feeling very bashful that Echokit trusted her enough to show her such a secret spot but she shook it off and crawled her way in, huffing a bit as the brambles tugged at her thicker frame but luckily snagged no bits of fur.

Scooting to the open area, she glanced down at the four rocks that were laid out. ...Huh, she titled her head as she studied them - she didn't see anything about them that marked them as...Different for special but she also couldn't deny the fact that they were pretty. She leaned forward a little, reaching out a paw to brush against the closest one before she froze, suddenly pulling her paw back as she looked up at Echokit with a sheepish look.

"Oh! I-I shouldn't just... They are your rocks - I don't want to be..." she paused, muzzle screwing into a face as she tried to remember the word she wanted and how to say it before she gave up with a shake of her head. "Um...I don't want to be rude. I should just...Can I touch them? I won't move them any! I just wanna...Uh, touch them I guess."

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: off to see the world ; acornkit   off to see the world ; acornkit EmptySat 5 Nov 2022 - 0:32

Echokit was one to keep two or three people close to him, give them all of his love and attention and that was it. He's hyper-fixated and doesn't pay any attention to others. Pushing one of the rocks so it was more in line with the others, he looked at Acornkit and smiled as she studied them. He looked at her, then looked back at his rocks and shifted his haunches. Were they ugly to her? Echo suddenly felt unsure.

He squinted at her as if he was trying to gauge what her intentions were, "They are my rocks, but you can touch them....touch them." he said pushing one of them closer to her, "But you can't take 'em. Only touch them." He added, nodding his head. The rock he pushed towards her was grey, like the rest, but was perfectly smooth; one side had white stripes to a Two-leg they'd call quartz but to the kitten, he called it his, 'tiger rock'. Then he pushed the smallest rock towards Acornkit, it was reddish not anything special but if you looked at it abstractly it looked sort of like a crescent moon or a jumping fish, "You can have this one." Echokit mewed, pushing the grey rock back into line.

"speech"

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: off to see the world ; acornkit   off to see the world ; acornkit EmptySat 5 Nov 2022 - 15:33

Acornkit nodded as he allowed her to touch them, glancing at the one he pushed towards her. She leaned down, gently brushing her paw against the surface - surprised to feel how...Smooth it was. Most rocks she had assumed would be hard, pointy - but the rock had no edges to it, allowing her to easily brush her pawpad against it with no fear. She took in the markings that adorned one of the sides, eyes widening in wonder at the strange pattern. "Oh! I-Its kinda like a pelt pattern!" she gasped, tracing the lines with a giggle. "I didn't know rocks could have markings like this!"

Her gaze was stolen from admiring the rock to the smallest one that was being moved towards her, allowing her gaze to shift over as Echokit took back the grey one. Her ear twitched however as he spoke, glancing up at him in confusion. "Wait, I can...?" she echoed, glancing down at the red-ish rock, then back up at him. "A-Are you sure? They are your rocks and are special to you! I can find my own but I don't..." she paused, muzzle scrunching up as she tried to figure out how to put her feelings into words. "I don't want to you to feel I am stepping on your tail - taking what is yours," she finally said, gaze falling down to the rock, pressing her cheek against the ground as she studied it. The color of it...It was reddish and kinda matched her! "...But if you are really sure, then I will happily have it and take great care of it," she purred, raising a paw to brush against the stone - it wasn't as smooth as the striped one but it was still nice to touch.

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: off to see the world ; acornkit   off to see the world ; acornkit EmptySun 6 Nov 2022 - 20:45

Echokit nodded excitedly when she noticed it was like a pelt pattern, "Yes! Pelt pattern!" He confirmed, he smiled brightly, "It's my tiger rock." the tom said matter-of-factly. He wrapped his tail around his paws as he tilted his head and looked up thoughtfully. A lot of the rocks he had found were just plain gray old things. But, every now and then, he would come across one of these special ones, with stripes or different colors, funny shapes even. He nodded to himself, he was a good rock finder. A rock warrior! Yes, he was a rock warrior.

Giving this rock to Acornkit was a big deal for him, it was also a test. He'd watch and make sure the rock he gave her was taken care of, then he would know he could really really trust her. Echokit already did of course, but this would just mean she was the best! The bestest! Her voice brought him out of his reverie, "Yes, really sure." He stated, nodding his head, "It's all yours." he purred, happy as a clam to be sharing his special interest.

"speech"

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: off to see the world ; acornkit   off to see the world ; acornkit EmptyMon 7 Nov 2022 - 14:00

Acornkit gave a serious nod as Echokit confirmed that the rock was hers to keep. She was sure she could find a good place for it - she didn't have a hidden spot like he did but she would figure something out! She leaned forward, gently picking up the rock as she shifted to lay down, pulling her tail close to her as she gently placed the rock on it. There, it was safe and warm for now! A purr of joy escaped her, honored that Echokit trusted her so much before she spared a glance at the rest of his rocks, tilting her head towards them. "What about the other two?" she asked, looking up at Echokit with a smile. "Can you show me them? I wanna hear about how you found them!"

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: off to see the world ; acornkit   off to see the world ; acornkit EmptyMon 7 Nov 2022 - 17:47

She wanted to hear about his other rocks? Echokits eyes lit up and he couldn't hold back his little squeal, "Yes." he pushed the other two gray ones forward, "These ones a warrior brought for me, I don't remember their name. They didn't know how to look for rocks. Just brought me back boring rocks." he confessed, "But they were my first rocks." they were rougher, and definitely had rougher edges than the other stones he had. Those warriors didn't have any idea how to find the best rocks. His nose wrinkled at the thought of taking home any random rock. The only reason he kept these ones was that they were his first!

"speech"

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: off to see the world ; acornkit   off to see the world ; acornkit Empty

Back to top Go down

off to see the world ; acornkit
Page 1 of 1