Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2194

Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] Empty
PostSubject: Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw]   Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] EmptyMon 17 Oct 2022 - 16:19

SkyClan Warrior

CRIMSONFLAME
Frostbite was dead.

Everytime those words crossed his mind, it was like a fresh wound had been cut across his chest, bleeding his heart out. He missed her. Stars, did he miss her. It just wasn't fair. She had so much life to live.

A life he had wanted to live with her.

He wasn't going to pretend that he hadn't fantasized having Frostbite as a mate. He knew he loved her. Stars, why didn't he tell her he loved her. They raised Asterpaw together, they could have had their own family. Their own kits. Why didn't he just say something? Now he wouldn't get the chance. Maybe that was what hurt the most. The words he had left unspoken.

Sometimes, he liked to imagine she was still there. Putting him in his place as usual, or even just sitting there, talking. Maybe they would talk about Asterpaw, or their respective apprentices.

Her apprentice. Stars, she left behind an apprentice. Stoatpaw already had a knack for getting in trouble while she was sick, but now the tom truly had no one.

Guess that just meant Crimsonflame would have to take over training. Maybe he could use the distraction anyway.

Getting to his paws, the large tom padded over to find Stoatpaw, dipping his head in greeting once he did. "Come on. You and I are going training. I got a few things to show you that you would do well to learn."

Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1245

PostSubject: Re: Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw]   Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] EmptyTue 18 Oct 2022 - 14:08

Stoatpaw sat just outside of the apprentice's den, staring blankly at his paws. Frostbite's death had been shocking. While she hadn't ever had the chance to train him past their first hunting session, he still respected her. That first training session was a special memory that he held dear, despite being attacked immediately by a eagle. He couldn't say that he was exactly sad about her death, but he felt like there was a piece missing in his life now. Almost as if her permanent absence had formed a crater somewhere deep inside him. As the sound of paw steps got closer, Stoatpaw looked up. Great, more training. All these warriors kept bothering him, didn't they know by now that he was bad luck? Letting out a deep sigh, Stoatpaw rose. "If you have to. Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw]   Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] EmptyTue 18 Oct 2022 - 16:36

SkyClan Warrior

CRIMSONFLAME
Crimsonflame narrowed his eyes at the apprentice. "No, I don't have to. But I am going to. So I suggest you curve your attitude and be thankful I am doing this."

With that being said, Crimsonflame led the way out of camp. If he learned anything from the porcupine fight, it was that this cat didn't fully know how to defend himself. Frostbite had grown ill not long after he was made an apprentice, so he guessed that shouldn't surprise him. This cat was learning solely from experience, but he had no guiding paws.

Closing his eyes, Crimsonflame stopped, taking a deep breath to stop any thoughts of her from intruding. Then he turned to face the apprentice. "Show me your hunting crouch."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

PostSubject: Re: Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw]   Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] EmptyWed 19 Oct 2022 - 14:16

Stoatpaw just looked away, not wanting to engage in conversation. He knew that he would just say something to anger Crimsonflame again, but aside from that, he just didn't want to talk anymore. Stoatpaw followed after Crimsonflame, keeping his head low and his eyes fixed to the earth in front of him. On any other day he would have been taking in the scenery, but not today. His head raised slightly at the warrior's request. Stoatpaw fell into his normal hunting stance, keeping his body low to the ground, and his ears perked.
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw]   Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] EmptyMon 24 Oct 2022 - 14:50

SkyClan Warrior

CRIMSONFLAME
Crimsonflame let out a huff of satisfaction as Stoatpaw did what he had asked. And this time he did so silently, thankfully. "Alright. Now move your legs closer together, and raise your head slightly. Now you've got yourself a battle stance. I don't know how much you had been taught in fighting, but it is time you learned the proper way. Now, pretend that tree is an invading cat, and show me some claws."

Sitting down, Crimsonflame narrowed his eyes, scrutinizing the movements of this apprentice.It was about time he learned how to properly take care of himself in the heat of the moment.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw]   Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] EmptySat 5 Nov 2022 - 10:43

Stoatpaw followed the warrior's instructions, fixing his posture to match the what he had been told. When it came to fighting, he only knew what Blackbear had taught him, which was nothing. Maybe that wasn't an accurate assessment of their spar, she had taught him how to scar someone. Even now she was stuck in his head, a cat brimming with evil and hate. Stoatpaw didn't need to imagine the tree as an invader, he had a cat in mind that he would love to claw at. A flash of claws sent bark flying from the tree, leaving a stinging feeling in his paws. The apprentice let out a short hiss before turning to look at Crimsonflame. "Do I need to do more or can we move on?"
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw]   Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] EmptySun 13 Nov 2022 - 18:15

SkyClan Warrior

CRIMSONFLAME
Crimsonflame's lips drew back in a snarl as that attitude came right back. He rushed forward, pinning the apprentice to the ground, his eyes full of rage as he pushed himself into the apprentice's face.

"Remember your place, Stoatpaw. I am a senior warrior, whom you are to respect. You do as I say. You curve that attitude of yours, or I will curve it for you. Do I make myself clear?"

His tail was still lashing by the time he got off of Stoatpaw, his fur on end. "Your form was sloppy, if it was an actual enemy they would have easily been able to knock you over. And then you would be exposed. You need balance when you attack. So we are going to keep doing this either until you get it right, or your paws are bloodied, do you understand? Now, do it again."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw]   Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] EmptyTue 15 Nov 2022 - 22:25

Crimsonflames little outburst was a surprise, but if he was trying to scare Stoatpaw into submission, he was already failing. Birdchaser had done the same thing, and she was much scarier than this tom. Heck, compared to her, Crimsonflame was as scary as a kit. A large, menacing kit with murder in his eyes. As the warrior finally retreated, Stoatpaw rose on shaking limbs. He wasn't scared of Crimsonflame, but his body seemed to disagree with him. Still, he raised his head, trying to look as defiant as possible. Stars, did Asterpaw have to deal with this? Without a word, Stoatpaw turned back to the tree. This is foxing stupid, I don't even know what he wants me to do. Bloody paws, huh? It seemed like that was where this would be going at this rate. Again and again his claws scored the tree, each time the stinging in his paws got worse. The only thing that kept him going was the new face that appeared on the tree, the face of the mouse-brained thin tempered cat behind him. Not as bad as Blackbear by a longshot, but infuriating enough in the moment.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] Output12                   Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] Output10                          Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw]   Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] EmptyTue 15 Nov 2022 - 22:52

SkyClan Warrior

CRIMSONFLAME
Finally, Crimsonflame had enough.

"Alright. We're done. You're not even trying, and I am done wasting my energy on you. No wonder why you were so easily beaten by a porcupine. You're soft, and you're useless. You rely on your Clan to do everything you can't be bothered to do, and yet how can we rely on you?"

Crimsonflame let out a snort of disgust, turning away.  If he had been part of his family, growing up with his littermates, this would have never been allowed. Stoatpaw would have been dead by now. Dawnhawk may have done many things wrong, but at the very least, every single one of his kits knew how to take care of themselves by the time he was done. They learned to hunt, or they starved. If they couldn't fight, they would learn if it killed them.

That gave Crimsonflame an idea.

"Three sunrises. You stay out here for three sunrises. Do not come back to camp. Should you survive, then you will be allowed to return, hopefully better than you are now, and with some more respect. Learn what it is like to live like a rogue, then maybe you won't take living in a Clan for granted as much."

And with that, Crimsonflame turned to leave.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw]   Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] EmptyTue 15 Nov 2022 - 23:12

Crimsonflame's words ignited an intense feeling of hate in the young apprentice. Wasting his energy? He hadn't done anything, what energy was he wasting? "You don't know a thing about me, all you know is that I got beat by a porcupine, but guess what? I'm an apprentice! Without a mentor, or is that not clear enough for you? And besides, I never asked you to do this, it was your idea!" Stars, Stoatpaw just wanted to let loose and really let Crimsonflame know what he thought, but something held him back. It was infuriating. Ah, what was the warrior talking about now? What a mouse-brained idea, I feel sorry for the queen that birthed this mongrel. "Three sunrises? Allowed to return? You're just a warrior, you don't have the authority to do something like that, I'm going back to camp, now." With a huff, Stoatpaw stormed past the warrior, setting a course for camp.

MORE ART!!:
Art By Kiikko! (@Kikkoman on Twitter)

Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] Output12                   Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] Output10                          Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] Output11
Pixel Art by Aspen!

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw]   Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] EmptyTue 15 Nov 2022 - 23:34

SkyClan Warrior

CRIMSONFLAME
Crimsonflame let out a snarl, pinning Stoatpaw down, this time not bothering to keep his claws sheathed. "I may not have the authority, but I have the means to make you stay. Time for you to learn that I am not to be tested."

Crimsonflame dragged Stoatpaw, flailing or not, by the scruff of his neck, not caring if the apprentice hit debris in the dirt. He placed him just close enough to a large-ish branch that he could force Stoatpaw down, using his larger size to get the branch on top of him. Easy enough for a massive tom like Crimsonflame, see how well Stoatpaw did moving it.

"I will come back for you tomorrow. If you can manage to somehow get the branch off before then, by all means welcome back."

And now Crimsonflame padded off, not caring to hear what Stoatpaw had to say next.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw]   Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw] Empty

Back to top Go down

Shaping You Up [Stoatpaw]
Page 1 of 1