Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

listen before i go [open, death topic]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zenpaii
Former Staff
Former Staff
zenpaii

Characters : [♠] ✞ Scorchtalon (W), [♞] ✞ Sootwhisker (SC), [♥] ✞ Sagepaw (W), [♣] Plumleaf (SKC), [♛] Beetleshade (T), [♚] Applespark (SC), [♜] Mudshriek (WC), [T]Tinyshadow (RC), [I]Irispaw (TC), [R]Rainpaw (WC), [S]Spider (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : [♠] ✞ Windclan (T5 Warrior), [♞] ✞ Shadowclan (T3 Warrior), [♥] ✞ Windclan (App), [♣] Skyclan (Tier 2 Hybrid Medicine Cat), [♛] Thunderclan (T5 Warrior), [♚] Shadowclan (T1 Warrior) [♜] Windclan (T2 Warrior), [T] Riverclan (T1 Warrior)
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 651

listen before i go [open, death topic] Empty
PostSubject: listen before i go [open, death topic]   listen before i go [open, death topic] EmptyFri 14 Oct 2022 - 9:56

Scorchtalon lay in his nest, his head resting on his paws as he stared blankly ahead. Any cat with eyes could tell the ginger tom was grieving. As if it wasn't enough for him to lose his family, now he had lost his mate and kits too? Stars, where would this torture end? It was as if his ancestors were working against him, trying to rob him of every morsel of happiness he'd ever had. Sadness and dread sat like a heavy stone in his belly, and it was all he could do to muster up the energy to eat. The old Scorchtalon would have persevered through his troubles, keeping up a positive appearance in front of his clanmates. But the weight of it all had drained him of his energy, sapping the endless enthusiasm he once possessed. Still, the clan had to eat. Borders had to be patrolled. Life had to go on.

It took an excessive amount of effort to drag himself from his nest and shuffle across camp to the fresh-kill pile. Can't patrol on an empty stomach... He thought silently, ignoring the ache in his belly as he hooked a limp rabbit from the pile and dragged it towards himself. He was convinced himself the pain must be either a physical embodiment of his heartache or yet another punishment Starclan had imposed on him for breaking the warrior code. He'd be fine, he'd been through worse and lived to tell the tale. Except, as he forced himself to take a bite out of the unappealing rabbit meat, the pain worsened, a sharp stab of agony rippling through his gut. He inhaled sharply, shoving the rabbit aside and staggering to his paws. Something was wrong. The thought had barely entered his mind before he was limping desperately toward the medicine den. His vision blurred, the pain so unbearable he could barely put each paw in front of the other. He gave a low, agonized whimper, collapsing onto his side a mere tail-length away from the medicine den.

"Batsong..." He gasped, his heart fluttering weakly in his chest. "Someone, please...

He tried in vain to call out for help, but he knew it was already too late. He could feel his organs shutting down, succumbing one by one to the poison in his body. With the last of his strength, the tom uttered his final words.

"I'm sorry, I love you." It was a final plea for forgiveness from every cat he'd ever loved, and every cat he'd ever failed. His words were barely audible, a mere whisper of a dying breath, but it was all he had left. Scorchtalon closed his eyes, darkness enveloping him as his heart slowed to a stop.

plotting pages | character profiles
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

listen before i go [open, death topic] Empty
PostSubject: Re: listen before i go [open, death topic]   listen before i go [open, death topic] EmptyFri 14 Oct 2022 - 15:10

Batsong was sorting herbs when she heard her name called. Her heart skipped a beat in fear hearing how desperate it sounded and that it was her lifelong friend Scorchtalon.

She rushed to his side as he collapsed to the ground. She quickly grabbed every herb she could think of to try and help him. She quickly checked to see if he had choked on anything but there was nothing blocking his throat. She panicked as he went limp and cold as she blew into his mouth in a desperate attempt to bring him back.

"No ...no Scorch!" she wailed. Knowing that he was slipping away and that there was little she could do at this point.

She heared his final words and her ears flicked. She gently laid him on his back and tried to push at his chest to restart his heart but it was all in vain. She didnt give up and kept trying and trying. She kept trying to bring him back for a long time, her paws going numb from it she still did not give up.

It was very clear he was gone for good but not to her, she was not going to give up on him until she collapsed from exhaustion. She kept pushing herself to the limit as she kept trying to get his heart to beat again.

She was still in the shock phase so the though of him being gone forever hadnt even set in yet, he was still a patient in her eyes and she could still save him (she could not actually do anything at this point but she thought she could)

She kept pushing at his chest until she panted so much, her body begged for stop and rest but she denied as she kept trying.

She eventually collapsed next to him too tired and exhausted to continue. Tears swelled in her eyes knowing he was gone forever now, she had failed him again

"Im so sorry scorch... for everything... I loved you too

her eyes closed and she passed out exhausted and emotionally given up.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down

listen before i go [open, death topic]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Camp-
Jump to: