Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Teach me how to win (closed)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1250

Teach me how to win (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptySat 8 Oct 2022 - 19:17

A short sigh broke from Sablepaw as he waited at the Pine Grove for Leopardsun to arrive. A future leader's work was never over, there was always something to do. There would be a lot of time to meet the other cats in his clan when he became a warrior, but for now he needed all the battle experience he could get. It wasn't enough anymore to train to fight predators, Mothpaw had taught him that. Their sparring match had been a little too close for his liking, and he was sure Nightstar would think the same. Ever since that day, Sablepaw had turned his sights on another, Leopardsun. As Nightstar's deputy, she was very talented and hardworking, but Sablepaw couldn't see Nightstar appointing her just because of the young warrior's drive. Her capability in a fight was surely a factor, and she was very capable, their fight against the porcupine had taught him that much. He was ready to take on bigger enemies, and she would be his stepping stone.
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 13:54

Leopardsun's feelings toward Sablepaw tended to fall somewhere between concern, annoyance, and some degree of actual affection- a mix that reminded her, in some not-so-subtle ways, of her feelings toward Vixenpaw. Though there was no blood shared between any of the three of them, there was certainly a family resemblance in that respect. Perhaps that was why she'd gone out of her way to keep an eye on her younger cousin, and made time for aiding in his training.

Her expression as she approached was bemused, rather than genuinely irritated. "Alright, Sablepaw. I'm not even going to ask if you're sure about this, but is there anything I need to know before we get started?"

For the moment she assumed a ready stance, wondering if- for all his talk- he'd learned enough to pose an actual challenge.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 15:16

"Nice of you to show up, I almost started to think you weren't gonna make it." He knew that she wasn't a pushover, to win this he had to be smart, all of his attacks had to be planned ahead of time, and it all started here. "Anything you need to know?" He wore a confused look, but doubted it was enough to fool Leopardsun in the slightest. He cocked his head slightly to one side for a few moments before leaping at her with outstretched paws, aiming to knock her over. The element of surprise would be useful for this sparring session, there was no way she knew that he had been experimenting with more advanced moves.

Sablepaw used Jumping Strike on Leopardsun, dealing 9 HP (6+3 for first attack) and costing 7 SP

Leopardsun:
41/50 HP (-9)
120/120 SP

Sablepaw:
20/20 HP
53/60 SP (-7)
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 15:23

Leopardsun had fully expected the apprentice to leap directly into battle, and took his first blow while standing perfectly still. The force of his assault knocked her back a step, but she recovered easily. "Not a bad start," she admitted. "But you'll have to try harder if you want to win."

As a demonstration, she leapt forward to pin him in place.

Leopardsun used Leap-and-Hold, dealing 8 damage and costing 15 SP! Sablepaw is pinned for 1 turn!

Leopardsun
41/50 HP
105/120 SP (-15)

Sablepaw
12/20 HP (-8)
53/60 SP

Last edited by Holly on Sun 9 Oct 2022 - 15:25; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15047

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 15:23

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Teach me how to win (closed) Mistpe10
Teach me how to win (closed) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 15:36

The surprise of the move had Sablepaw desperately trying to shake her off, at least until he remembered what Mothpaw and Iceheart had done. Sablepaw calmed himself before tossing all of his weight to the side in an attempt to throw her from him. Feeling her shift above him, Sablepaw pushed a paw into the deputy's stomach, forcing her completely off of him. "That good enough?"

Sablepaw used Duck and Twist, it was Successful! Dealing 7 HP and costing 5 SP

Leopardsun:
36/50 HP (-7)
105/120 SP

Sablepaw:
12/20 HP
48/60 SP (-5)

Last edited by Romantica on Sun 9 Oct 2022 - 15:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 15:36

The member 'Romantica' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptyMon 10 Oct 2022 - 12:39

"That's just about right," Leopardsun acknowledged, genuinely impressed as Sablepaw easily broke out of her pin- and properly shoved her off, seemingly just for good measure. For a split second she was winded. "That said, you'll need a good amount of strategy in mind to counter an opponent who has skill and experience over you."

As she spoke, she recovered easily from his escape, charging at him. "Did you know," she said, eyes glinting in the light, "that for much of my life, ShadowClan was occupied by the Dark Forest?"

Her paws swiped at the apprentice with practiced precision; demonstrating her own skill and experience as if to prove a point.

Leopardsun used Front Paw Strike, dealing 8 damage and costing 7 SP!

Leopardsun:
36/50 HP
98/120 SP (-7)

Sablepaw:
4/20 HP (-8)
48/60 SP

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptyMon 10 Oct 2022 - 14:08

"You may be right about the experience part, but the skill?" Sablepaw chuckled lightly as she started to charge him. Her strike was swift, but not swift enough to catch him. Sablepaw ducked to the side, narrowly avoiding Leopardsun's blow and sending a swipe back at her. He felt the blow land, taking a few quick steps back before responding. "The Dark Forest wouldn’t have dared to take over Shadowclan if I was there, I’d have sent them running back to whatever hole they crawled out of."

Sablepaw used Dodge and Fight, the counterattack was successful! Dealing 5 HP to Leopardsun

Leopardsun:
31/50 HP (-5)
98/120 SP

Sablepaw:
12/20 HP (+8)
41/60 SP (-7)

Last edited by Romantica on Mon 10 Oct 2022 - 22:50; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptyMon 10 Oct 2022 - 14:08

'Effect Dice' : 6
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptyWed 12 Oct 2022 - 7:31

As Sablepaw deftly avoided her attack and countered with one of his own, she had to concede that his skill was higher than she had expected. Still, she felt his attitude could use some adjusting. "Don't get ahead of yourself," she warned. "It was before your time, but... My parents gave their lives to drive them out. I never want to see anything like that befall the forest again- ShadowClan has suffered more than enough, and all this in my own lifetime."

While speaking, she deliberated on her own approach. Deciding to take a risk, she dove forward and attempted to knock him over. His smaller size combined with her own longer legs, however, made this far more difficult than it should have been; and she was the one who wound up on the ground.

Leopardsun attempted Belly Rake, costing 25 SP! The move failed, dealing 5 recoil damage!

Leopardsun
26/50 HP (-5)
73/120 SP (-25)

Sablepaw
12/20 HP
41/60 SP

Last edited by Holly on Wed 12 Oct 2022 - 7:33; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptyWed 12 Oct 2022 - 7:31

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 2

Teach me how to win (closed) Mistpe10
Teach me how to win (closed) Sig2
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptyThu 13 Oct 2022 - 11:50

"I don't think you understood me, Leopardsun. I may not have been there then, but I'm here now, and I won't let anything happen to Shadowclan." His voice was firm as he stared her down, waiting for her next move. He had lived helplessly before, and he wouldn't be a burden to his clan again. He would do all that he could to improve his clan, and he supposed sparring with the warriors was a good way to keep them practiced. It had been mutually beneficial to conduct these sparring practices, but a small part of him had to admit that he loved sparring with his clanmates.  Leopardsun's maneuver left her on the ground. Sablepaw acted quickly, leaping on top of her and pinning her to the ground.

Sablepaw used Leap and Hold on Leopardsun, Dealing 6 HP and costing 15 SP
Leopardsun is Pinned for 1 turn

Leopardsun:
20/50 HP (-6)
73/120 SP

Sablepaw:
12/20 HP
26/60 SP (-15)

Last edited by Romantica on Mon 17 Oct 2022 - 15:22; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptyThu 13 Oct 2022 - 15:01

dice roll :c
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) EmptyThu 13 Oct 2022 - 15:01

'Effect Dice' : 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teach me how to win (closed)   Teach me how to win (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Teach me how to win (closed)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory :: The Pine Grove-
Jump to: