Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2952

A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C] Empty
PostSubject: A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C]   A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C] EmptyMon 3 Oct 2022 - 17:31

Poppyshine

Poppyshine had not gone anywhere with Woolywing since…well. Since he was taken by an eagle in his apprenticeship. They’d never gone on any patrols together before or since, and with Woolywing being blind and prone to getting into trouble even before he was blind, Poppyshine thought it best to accompany him on one of his outings. She wanted to get to know him better, anyway. He’d grown into a fine young warrior since he was a little kit excitedly receiving stories from her about great warriors.

“How have you been faring, Woolywing?” Poppyshine asked. They were headed to do some hunting in the beech copse, seeing as hunting in the river relied too much on sight. And because Poppyshine did not like the river, but she rarely admitted to that fact.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

PostSubject: Re: A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C]   A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C] EmptyTue 4 Oct 2022 - 15:37

It was weird that Woolywing had never properly spoken to Poppyshine. Not since kithood, anyway. Stars, that seemed so long ago... And in all that time he'd never had a full conversation with his own deputy. Let alone a patrol. Though, these days, Perchstar seemed intent on letting him out of camp as little as possible. He knew she was doing what was best for RiverClan. He was a liability, he supposed. Even after the hours and hours he'd spent training, still a liability. He shook it off. He was on a patrol now! If he spent the whole time moping about how few patrols he got to go on then he'd never get to actually talk to Poppyshine.

He trotted close to her, close enough for the wing of his pelt to brush her occasionally. The wings, to his delight, were quite useful for navigation. Almost like a big, heavy pair of whiskers. "Well! As well as I can be, anyway. Stormdance has been training my senses. I can tell a frog from a toad by how it croaks at this point." He gave a half-grin. "Where are we headed? I don't hear the river. Not that I'm much use at fishing anyway." His mind conjured up an image of him blindly splashing about, attacking water at random until he happened upon a fish. The thought made him laugh to himself. "How have you been? I've always wondered what the life of a deputy was like." He tried his best to make an approximation of eye contact, though with his eyes closed it probably looked quite odd.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C]   A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C] EmptyTue 4 Oct 2022 - 21:10

Poppyshine

Poppyshine listened intently to Woolywing’s words, and she found herself impressed by his report. “I don’t think I could tell a frog from a toad. I usually need to get a bit close to see the difference,” Poppyshine mused. “That is quite impressive! I imagine your hearing will be quite useful to the clan  after you’ve perfected your training.” She then also supplied, “I thought that hunting for birds and mice would be an easier time than trying to swipe at fish. Less cold, too.”

She considered the questioned given to her. “It is not terribly different from being a warrior. I definitely have more responsibilities, but the most time-intensive one is organizing the patrols each day. I think I’ve gotten better at assigning them, too. I help Perchstar with discussing things for the clan too, of course, but things have been mercifully quiet. There hasn’t been much to discuss outside of the patrol reports that our warriors bring back.”

Poppyshine slowed to a stop when they arrived at the beech copse and she took in a deep breath. She could smell prey nearby and it made her stomach rumble with hunger. “Would you like to hunt first, Woolywing? I want to see how your training has been paying off!”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C]   A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C] EmptyWed 5 Oct 2022 - 10:36

He shrugged bashfully, though he couldn't help a proud smile creeping across his face. His hearing was his best sense now, and he'd put a lot of work into it. "I've always been good with animals. I know prey is prey at the end of the day, but it seems respectful to me to know what exactly I'm eating. Besides, accidentally eating a poisonous toad is the last thing I need right now." He laughed. "Ah, you're right. I don't think I'll ever be able to fish like I used to. Though, if I stood underwater with my mouth wide open like a turtle..." He pretended to consider it as a serious option, though if his eyes were intact they'd have a gleam of mischief in them.

He listened intently to her response, giving the occasional nod. He knew the predator attacks were becoming less frequent, probably because of the lack of prey leaf-fall brought, but it was admittedly comforting to hear it from the deputy. "I'm glad things are quieting down. Maybe we finally scared the things off!"

He heard Poppyshine stop and he stopped as well, sniffing the area. It smelled... the same way most of RiverClan smalled, if he was baing honest. He took a few steps, noting the ground beneath his paw pads. It was soft, with twigs and leaf litter strewn about the place. Beech copse, perhaps? The rest of the territory didn't have nearly enough trees to have this kind of flooring. He could sense lots of prey, anyway. Particularly birds, he noted with a smile. He stopped to see if he could recognise any specific birdsong, but Poppyshine spoke again and he abandoned the attempt. "I, er-" He stuttered, caught off guard by the question. Though his training was going well, in terms of navigation, he still failed at most of his attempts to hunt. But he couldn't just say no, not after he'd talked up his hearing like that. "Um, sure!" He replied, feigning composure.

Failing on his own or in front of Stormdance was one thing. Failing in front of Poppyshine was quite another. So he got to work, sniffing the air and moving his ears just like he'd been taught. He doubted there'd be any frogs this far from water, so he focused on the most obvious prey: birds. He could hear lots of them, but the closest was one he knew well. The twinkly, sing-song voice of a robin. He crept towards the noise, head up and mouth slightly ajar. He should be just about under it now. He hoped it wasn't too high up and he wouldn't make a fool of himself.

He bunched up his legs beneath him and wiggled a little in preparation for the jump. Then his legs unfolded and he leapt into the air, claws grabbing at the branch. By the luck of the stars above, he managed to snag its tailfeathers. He pulled, hard, and the disoriented bird came hurtling to the ground with him. It rustled in the leaves and Woolywing knew exactly where it was before the poor bird had even figured it out. He pounced on it, killing it swiftly. "Yes!! I got it!" He celebrated, grabbing it in his mouth. He turned to go back to Poppyshine... then realised he didn't know where she was. He'd been so flustered he just set off hunting, not keeping track of which direction he was going in. He dropped the bird. "Poppyshine? I've, uh, lost you." He'd know where she was when she replied, of course. The few seconds that he waited, though, were full of anxious imaginings of predators waiting for the right time to attack him.

Woolywing successfully caught a robin!

*=disabled
**=unborn

Last edited by Snickerdoodle on Wed 5 Oct 2022 - 10:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C]   A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C] EmptyWed 5 Oct 2022 - 10:36

The member 'Snickerdoodle' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C] Mistpe10
A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C]   A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C] EmptySat 8 Oct 2022 - 20:52

Poppyshine

Poppyshine smiled brilliantly as she watched Woolywing and she withheld a cheer when he snagged the bird with ease. Birds were hard enough for her to catch with all of her senses. Woolywing did wonderfully after training so hard. She spoke up and meowed, “I’m over here.” She started to move towards him, but stopped when he was able to move in her direction. He still had his senses about him. “That was impressive! Bird will be a great addition to the kill pile. I should get something of my own.”

She waited until Woolywing was back at her side and then set off. It wasn’t hard to find something else, and she pounced on the mouse with ease and brought it back to Woolywing. The patrol was already shaping up to be productive, and thankfully, Poppyshine did not smell any sour scents of predators either. She was sure that Woolywing was relieved at that fact too, considering his track record when it came to encounters while he was out and about.

“The wings really suit you,” Poppyshine purred, referring to the wings that her wore on his back. She did not really understand the trend that some RiverClan cats had taken up, with wearing the pelts of predators. She was glad that it made them happy, but it just seemed strange to her. It was funny seeing Woolywing wear a set of wings, though. He truly was embodying his name now with the accessory.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C]   A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C] EmptyFri 14 Oct 2022 - 10:25

Woolywing nodded gratefully at Poppyshine's call and picked the robin back up, padding in her direction. She was a bit closer than he expected and he nearly bumped into her, stopping when his whiskers brushed her and taking a hasty step back. "Ah, sorry!" He smiled bashfully at her compliment. "Thank you. Stormdance is a good teacher, and robins are easy enough prey. They're proud little birds, they don't fly away easy. They just keep on singing." He was proud of his catch, but he also knew that if that had been a sparrow or a starling it would have flown away long before he reached that branch.

He gave a bright affirmative hum at Poppyshine's comment, though a grain of fear planted itself in his stomach. He took deep breaths, keeping the smile. She'd hardly go far, in fact he could still hear her as she stalked her prey. But it was isolating and somewhat unnerving to be alone outside of camp, and he didn't think he'd ever get used to it. He busied himself sniffing the air for predators, though he already knew there were none. None with an identifiable scent, anyway. He sighed softly.

Thankfully, Poppyshine's absence was momentary and she soon approached him again, dropping her prey at her feet. Stars, she was just full of compliments. He couldn't help but puff put his fur a little, secretly happy about the attention. "Thank you." He purred back, smile wide. "I haven't seen them, of course, but I try to keep them well groomed. They're very useful, you know. For navigation." He took a step forward, wanting to demonstrate, but realised he had no idea how he was supposed to do that. It wasn't like he could just bump into her on purpose, that would be incredubly rude. "If I'm too close to someone, I can feel them brush the wing. Prevents awkward accidents." He explained, hoping he did so well enough that the demonstration wouldn't be needed anyway. "Grebedance did a great job with the pelt, it's very comfortable. Have you thought about getting one yourself? I'm sure they'll be useful for the winter months, especially for us short-furred cats."

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C]   A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C] EmptySat 22 Oct 2022 - 13:22

Poppyshine

Poppyshine watched Woolywing shuffle with his winged pelt and she nodded along. She couldn’t quite imagine what being blind was like, after all she’d had no experience with it, but Woolywing seemed true to his word that they assisted in navigation. She was glad that he could get something a bit larger than his whiskers to assist in getting around. “I’m sure they come in handy at Gatherings as well, given just how many cats are there.”

To his latter question, she chuckled sheepishly. “Oh I’m not so sure. I’m glad that so many cats in RiverClan are enjoying the new trend, but I can’t see myself wearing one. Perhaps I’ll get one to line my nest in leafbare, but likely not to wear.” Still, the pelts did bring her an odd sense of comfort. Perhaps it was because she associated the pelts so strongly with Minksplash now, who was so excited when Grebedance helped her get a mink pelt. That memory at least kept the trend from seeming too frivolous to Poppyshine.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C]   A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Perfectly Peaceful Day [C]
Page 1 of 1