Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Love of a Mother [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

The Love of a Mother [C] Empty
PostSubject: The Love of a Mother [C]   The Love of a Mother [C] EmptySun 25 Sep 2022 - 19:32

Poppyshine

Poppyshine entered the medicine den quietly and approached Sandypaw while she was busy organizing herbs. She withheld the purr that rumbled in her chest until she suddenly nuzzled her face against Sandypaw’s back. “Hello sweetheart!” she purred, tail eagerly flicking back and forth with joy at surprising her daughter. “How has it been here in the medicine den?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1420

PostSubject: Re: The Love of a Mother [C]   The Love of a Mother [C] EmptySun 2 Oct 2022 - 15:48

Sandypaw
Medicine Den

“Mama!”
she squeaked, startled by the sudden push against her back. That was the only surprise though, having easily recognized her mother’s scent and felt her pawsteps approaching. Sandypaw turned around and pressed her nose to Poppyshine’s with a purr. “It’s been okay, just really tiring. I wish warrior life wasn’t so dangerous...” she replied softly, returning to sorting herbs before continuing, “How is being Deputy?”

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Love of a Mother [C]   The Love of a Mother [C] EmptyMon 3 Oct 2022 - 17:40

Poppyshine

Poppyshine purred sympathetically and nuzzled her daughter. “Unfortunately, that is just how warrior life goes. You’re doing a fantastic job as a medicine cat apprentice. You’ll be a full medicine cat soon, I just know it.” She pulled way from her daughter and sat beside her so Sandypaw could continue sorting her herbs without her mother getting in her way.

She considered her daughter’s question. “It is…a lot, some days,” Poppyshine admitted. “But I’m definitely better at keeping up with things than when Perchstar first appointed me. I fumbled so many patrol assignments when I first started.” She laughed at the memory. It had taken her a while to understand who did or did not work well together, and assign better pairs to go out together. “Your father and Owlshriek would always get into arguments when I sent them out together, and I was so oblivious that I never even noticed. I like to think I’m more in tune with those things now.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1420

PostSubject: Re: The Love of a Mother [C]   The Love of a Mother [C] EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 21:01

Sandypaw
Medicine Den

Though she appreciated her mother's encouragement, she didn't believe it. I’m not good enough to earn my full name yet... And I don't think I ever will be...

She listened intently to Poppyshine, brushing her tail against her in support. “I love you, and you’re the best deputy ever!” she mewed brightly. The molly pondered the mention of her father for a moment. Curiosity grew at her maw, begging her to ask. “Hey Mama?” she started softly, “Can you tell me more stories of Dad?”

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Love of a Mother [C]   The Love of a Mother [C] EmptyMon 10 Oct 2022 - 22:02

Poppyshine

Admittedly, Poppyshine was surprised at the request. She had told her kits about their father when they were still in the nursery, filling them with stories of what a wonderful cat he was and how heroic he was. She told them the stories in the hope that he would return and he would not be a stranger to them. But so many of them were warriors by now, and with the amount of moons that had passed without his return, Poppyshine did not think that he ever would. It was a sad fact that she had quietly come to the conclusion of at one point without fully realizing that she had—and perhaps that was why it was so surprising to be asked about him now.

Poppyshine smiled, though, and settled down in a spot beside Sandypaw so she could keep working while Poppyshine spoke. “Of course, dear,” she purred. She rested against the wall and thought about what sort of story would be best to tell. When one came to mind, she began to speak.

“I…am terrified of water,” Poppyshine started. She wasn’t sure if she had ever told Sandypaw that fact, and she found herself chuckling. The irony always made her laugh, even if there was nothing she could do to change her phobia. “I’m better now, but when I was an apprentice especially—it was awful. Even bearing near a puddle made me go frozen with fear. I could not set a foot in puddles after it rained. It was entirely irrational and completely paralyzing.

“Your father, though. He loved the water. He was so similar to Mink…not quite ready to jump in at every opportunity, but he got into the river when he could. The first time we went out together, we had to cross one of the smaller streams. Your father went through just fine, and reveled in the water. I couldn’t even cross it. Your father was always quite perceptive, and he realize that I was paralyzed with fear immediately. And he was so sweet. He offered to help me across and promised he would be there for me. And then when I still seemed nervous, he said we could find another way to cross.”

Poppyshine laughed this time. “Well, something about his confidence and his kindness made me temporarily throw my fear away and I fully got into the river. I immediately panicked and froze up like a sheet of ice. Your father had to help support me so I didn’t get submerged and then quickly hauled me out and onto the other side of the stream. It wasn’t even that deep, even when I was apprentice-sized. But he managed to get me to go willingly into water. I haven’t been able to do that before or since.”

The memory brought a smile to Poppyshine’s face that was tinged with melancholy. She missed Rushtalon so much. Sometimes she wondered if it would have been better if it had gone differently. If was dead out there, she would have liked to know…had a body to bury. Something. But then Poppyshine would think, what if he was just out there somewhere, living his life in some other way? It saddened her that he could not be here, but if he was elsewhere, and perhaps even happy, then she could not really complain. Perhaps the mystery of it all would haunt her for the rest of her life.

She blinked a couple of times and looked back at Sandypaw. She smiled and meowed, “I suppose I got carried away there, didn’t I?” She rested and smiled. “Sometimes I’ll look at Minksplash or Olivepaw and see so much of your father in their appearance. They have his red coat. Olivepaw especially.” Poppyshine’s gaze rested on Sandypaw and her smile grew warmer. “You and Sprucebark look the most like me.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP