Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

To be a princess (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

To be a princess (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: To be a princess (Closed)   To be a princess (Closed) EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 11:36 pm

He was still reeling from the shock of the news, he had managed to push down the brunt of the overwhelming surge of emotions, enough that he had said his piece while barely holding it together that was. Froststar was dead, and he was to succeed him. The prophecy that he was given when he had gone to the moonstone made complete and utter sense now, and Nightstalker felt cold because of it. He was seeking refuge in Shadowclans secret tunnels, the thrum of the thunder path above him rattling his bones. He knew that one day he'd have to take the mantle, but it was too soon, he wasn't sure he'd be ready to take charge of so many lives and take them to war if necessary.

He could feel his heart shift between pounding and feeling tight and cold in his silent panic. Always silent, never showing how he was truly feeling on the outside. Sometime soon, he'd take up the mantle Nightstar, and he'd have to nominate himself a deputy, move into a new den where he'd no longer have the warmth and comfort of his clan-mates. He wasn't sure he was ready. He shook slightly and silently.

To be a princess (Closed) Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2958

PostSubject: Re: To be a princess (Closed)   To be a princess (Closed) EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 12:18 am

Iceheart

Iceheart came to take a seat beside Nightstalker, so he was no longer sitting alone. She said nothing at first as she tried to figure out exactly what there was to say. The news of Froststar’s death had rattled her along with everyone else in ShadowClan. It was strange to have their emotional states reversed now: she was feeling better than she had in moons, thanks to knowing that Honeypaw and Forestbreeze were alive and well; but Nightstalker, she was certain, felt awful and stressed with the new path laid out ahead of him.

After sitting silently for a time, she meowed, “You’ll make a good leader. You already proved yourself as a deputy, even if it has been a shorter time than most. You have leader blood in your veins.” Iceheart finally looked at him. “Are you nervous?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: To be a princess (Closed)   To be a princess (Closed) EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 12:47 am

Nightstalker almost lied, the deception ready to fly off his tongue the minute Iceheart had opened her mouth, but for once, he wasn't sure he could keep it in. So much weight and pressure now rested on his shoulders, and he wasn't sure how long he could keep going shutting his own feelings down. "But that's part of the problem isn't it?" He paused, swallowing past the lump in his throat. "I've got to take up my mother's mantle, a hole so big to fill I'm not even sure I could patch a portion of it. So- I think nervous is an understatement." Nightstalker basically lamented, embarrassment at himself for being so quick to speak of his troubles.

"I'm not nervous. I'm terrified. I'll truly be responsible for so many lives, with only five seasons worth of experience." The new leader looked down at his paws, his claws unsheathing and sheathing again repetitively as they raked at the foul muck at his paws, if not a little bit ashamed for how he was acting.

To be a princess (Closed) Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: To be a princess (Closed)   To be a princess (Closed) EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 1:12 am

Iceheart

Iceheart nodded, listening to Nightstalker’s nerves. She let him rake at the ground while she considered what he said. After a while, she meowed, “I was given my first apprentice only days after I became a warrior. I was terrified at the thought of that. I’d barely made it out of my own apprenticehood, which had been filled with Dark Forest cats and a mentor that withered away before he could even teach me anything. I was certain that I would ruin things.” Her gaze lowered to her white paws. “But, by all accounts from cats who have spoken to me, apparently, I did the opposite. I was no worse than any other warrior here.”

She lifted her gaze again to look more steadily at Nightstalker. “It is not the same, of course. Being a leader is very different from being a mentor. But if I could manage something important like teaching Honeypaw when I had very little preparation, then I’m certain that you could be a leader after five seasons. No one is born ready to be a leader. I’m sure that even your mother was scared when she had to step up to the role.”

After another beat, Iceheart added, “But that’s why you won’t be alone. No leader is responsible for everything all alone. You will have your deputy, and you will have the trust and eagerness of every other cat in ShadowClan—myself included. You are not becoming leader to be the next Murkystar. You’re going to be the first Nightstar.” She reached out a paw, putting it over Nighstalker's clawed paw.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: To be a princess (Closed)   To be a princess (Closed) EmptySat Sep 10, 2022 1:29 pm

"You are not becoming leader to be the next Murkystar. You’re going to be the first Nightstar.” Such a strong, but simple statement held so much significance to the young tom. But could he really be his own? For so long he had been known as the leader's son, given the best education he could get despite the dangers to go with it, with some adult constantly hovering over him and trying to mold him into something great to make up for his mentor's shortcomings. How long was his identity built on succeeding his mother and taking her mantle? What use did that have now? All those who wanted that of Nightstalker were dead now, and his mother he'd never see again even when his time to join the stars would come. Who was around to impress and scrutinize?

It took some time for Nightstalker to process Icehearts admittedly larger paw on his. He couldn't just shed all he'd been raised for, could he? He had to fill the role that Murkystar and Froststar had left behind for him. He shut his eyes and gave a heavy sigh, for something so ingrained, it was hard to let go. "You're right. I don't have to do it alone anymore." But at least, he could speak to his elders, his new deputy, medicine cat, and a council of senior warriors. He didn't have to be alone in his duty anymore.

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: To be a princess (Closed)   To be a princess (Closed) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2022 12:30 am

Iceheart

Iceheart nodded confidently. He had so many people behind him, ready to defend him. There was no reason for him to feel alone anymore, nor to feel like the entirety of ShadowClan rested on him. ShadowClan would support their new leader, and the deputy that he chose, and together they would rebuild and grow stronger than ever.

“We should get going. You have cats to lead,” Iceheart meowed. She rose to her feet and waited for Nightstalker to accompany her—and then, when he was read, to lead her.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP