Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Change of Weather, Still Together [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1017

Change of Weather, Still Together [c] Empty
PostSubject: Change of Weather, Still Together [c]   Change of Weather, Still Together [c] EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 2:06 am

Stormdance

Stormdance was tired to his bones. Woolywing getting so grievously injured on his watch already had him tied up in knots. However, encountering Rowanpaw sneaking out of camp, and the following argument with his apprentice and then the fight with the fox broke what was left of Stormdance’s resolve. The pain of his injuries was as good an excuse as any to stay curled up in his makeshift nest in the medicine den, drifting in and out of sleep. He would wake up to get treated by Dovesight or Sandypaw, or occasionally would speak with Woolywing and Rowanpaw, but for the most part, he just… wanted to rest.

His leg was broken, which meant that even if he had the energy to do so, he couldn’t get up and began giving back to his clan as fast as he would’ve preferred. He knew that he needed the time to recover, but the swirling guilt in his mind from everything that had happened made him feel as though he had failed not only as a mentor, but as a warrior. And so he slept, trying not to think about these things.

However, a familiar voice and scent pulled Stormdance out of his drifting doze, and he lifted his head. He blinked tiredly a couple times, working through the fog leftover from so much rest, but it didn’t take long before an involuntary smile appeared on his face. “Brookstone,” He called softly to her as she came into the medicine den. He wondered what brought her there, and, perhaps a little selfishly, he secretly hoped she was there to see him.

While they still slept side by side in the warrior den, the two hadn’t been able to spend nearly as much time together as they had when they were still apprentices. Stormdance’s time had largely been occupied with first Woolywing, then both Woolywing and Rowanpaw, and then just with managing Rowanpaw on his own. On top of that, his normal warrior duties increased as the predator attacks grew more frequent and more of their clan ended up in the medicine den. He knew that Brookstone had many of the same struggles with Sprucepaw and his many predator encounters, as well as managing her own duties.

So much had happened lately, and with so much going on, Stormdance found himself craving her company, now more than ever. He sometimes wished he just could go back to the perfect morning they had after Brookstone’s warrior ceremony, when everything had felt right when it had been just the two of them, and live in that moment.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

PostSubject: Re: Change of Weather, Still Together [c]   Change of Weather, Still Together [c] EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 2:51 am

🪨【Brookstone】🪨

Brookstone was finding herself more stressed than not, especially lately. With the influx of predator attacks and the rising number of injuries to her clanmates, Brookstone just wanted to tear out her fur. Honest to Starclan she could already feel the grey fur slowly sprouting within her pelt with how much worrying she was doing. Stormdance and his apprentice, Rowanpaw, were still residing in the Medicine cat's den after having a not-so-pleasant encounter with one of many foxes. Woolywing hadn't been spared of the pain either since he, too, had a nest with the other two. Spruce was constantly finding himself in trouble with all sorts of predators and at this point, she was starting to believe the young tom to be cursed. She prayed that he hadn't rubbed that bad luck onto her.

Anyway, to combat this stress, Brookstone said enough was enough and took half of the day off to do what she had wanted to do for a while now. Visiting Stormdance had been on her priority list but she just never managed to do it due to all the work she had to juggle. Now, her schedule was cleared and she wasted no time in marching right over to the medicine cat's den to cheer him up—she certainly won't be taking no for an answer.

She didn't have to wake him up when she got there. Her sharp, blue eyes softened as they stared into the tom's. "Stormdance," she greeted back. She stood at the entrance for a moment longer before padding up to him and plopping in front of her best friend with a raised brow and a pursed mouth. "Don't tell me you're still sulking, furball. The guilt is as clear as day on your face... It doesn't look good on ya." Ah, as blunt as ever. She'd rather not dodge around the issues. She believed in facing them straight on. She wasn't going to let him beat himself up for things out of his control.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Change of Weather, Still Together [c]   Change of Weather, Still Together [c] EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 9:24 pm

Stormdance

Stormdance smiled as Brookstone came up to him, and then he blinked rapidly. “I-” He said, stuttering and at a loss for words for a moment. He should’ve expected Brookstone could see right through him, but still, it caught him off guard. “I-I’m not-” Then, he gave up. He knew better than to try to lie to her. He slumped, head hanging and ears folding backwards as he looked down, unable to meet her gaze.

“...I know. I’m sorry,” he said softly, glancing towards where Rowanpaw was still dead asleep and Woolywing’s nest had been set up. “I just… I can’t help it. I feel like I let both of them down, Brook.” He said softly, giving voice to the thoughts that had been swirling around in his head for moons now. It was easier to talk to Brookstone. He felt like he could be honest with her, that she wouldn’t think badly of him, or stop liking him for voicing his fears. He hesitated, then leaned forward a little to plonk his head onto Brookstone’s chest.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Change of Weather, Still Together [c]   Change of Weather, Still Together [c] EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 1:38 am

🪨【Brookstone】🪨

She had already known what was plaguing Stormdance but hearing him openly admit it made her ache. However, it had been necessary not to beat around the bush. That knowledge didn't make this any easier for the young warrior. She didn't like seeing her clanmates so down and guilt-ridden like this, especially not her best friend. Held a special place in her heart—a lovely spot all to himself.

Her vibrant blue gaze softened and she sighed. "Stormdance..." Where could she begin? How could she try and alleviate his hurt? She needed to help him heal—shoving aside the physical and focusing more on the mental and emotional. This was going to be easier said than done. She was never one to become all buddy-buddy with emotions and the like. It just wasn't who she was. However, even she knew she couldn't push too hard. She's going to actually have to think about what she was going to say before saying it. A first for her, really.

Now having decided she needed to take this one step at a time, Brookstone eased her previously stiff posture. She let the tom press his head against her chest for a moment longer before lifting a paw and using it to raise his eyes to hers. Despite wanting to keep that contact, they couldn't delay this. She scanned his face before speaking, "Hey. None of that now," she murmured softly yet firmly. "First things first, explain to me how you felt ya let 'em down. Give me the details of the events, if ya will," she paused before continuing, "I swear I won't judge. I just... I just need to know what led my best friend to end up in the medicine cat's den wallowing in guilt and sadness." Her expression was open and absent of lies. It was true. She was not going to judge Storm. Not. Ever. She cared too much for him to do such a thing. He was her precious furball. She just wanted to help.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Change of Weather, Still Together [c]   Change of Weather, Still Together [c] EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 2:47 am

Stormdance

Stormdance allowed himself a moment of just staying pressed against Brookstone, savoring the comfort the she-cat brought him. He tried so hard not to let other cats see him like this, but with Brookstone, it was as easy as breathing to let his guard down. He felt her untense beneath him, and that helped him do the same, shoulders slumping.

Brookstone’s paw lifting his head caught him by surprise, his face feeling a little hot at the action as he stared into her beautiful blue eyes. His eyes widened at her words, and then softened and became misty. He blinked hard as he read the open honesty in her face, and he took a shaky breath. He leaned forward enough to press his nose to her cheek for a moment. “You really are the best, you know that?” He said, tiny and soft. Something deeper lingered on his tongue, the urge to add more, but he held back and instead pulled back to face her head on.

“But… okay.” He sat down more comfortably, silently offering with a swish of his tail for Brookstone to sit next to him before curling his tail over his paws. With another deep, steadying breath, Stormdance began to explain.

“I guess it’s been a collection of things.” He said. “From the moment Woolywing was assigned to me, I was terrified I’d mess up, and I felt like when he got hurt sneaking out, I already had. Like I could’ve prevented it if I had just--said or done something different. I know that’s not reasonable. I wouldn’t blame Owlshriek for Yarrowblossom doing the same thing that day, but I still felt that way. I felt like I had done more harm than good his entire apprenticeship.

“And then he got hurt again on my watch. And not just hurt. Blinded. I couldn’t do anything to stop it. I thought that we had been cautious and careful but the moment I turned my back the snake arrived and it was too late.” He shook his head. “And I know he’ll be okay, eventually. I know he’ll be able to adapt. But I feel like I should’ve prevented him from getting that hurt in the first place.”

It was a weight off his mind to finally give voice to these fears and doubts. He had spent a while now with these weighing on his mind, and so to be able to speak them out loud felt like coming up for air after having been under water.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Change of Weather, Still Together [c]   Change of Weather, Still Together [c] EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 4:56 pm

🪨【Brookstone】🪨

She felt her face heat up at the tom's compliment but refrained from saying anything. She gave him a reassuring nod and settled down at her companion's invitation. As promised, Brookstone held her tongue as Stormdance began to speak. She carefully schooled her features and kept herself looking neutral. It was the least she could do to ease him into it.

The moment he finished, she released a slow, quiet breath. It was a lot to unpack but at least Stormdance seemed to be feeling lighter. It was straining to carry such guilt on one's shoulders. He had bared his insecurities—his fears and doubts—to her and she would not betray his trust. It touched her heart knowing that he had this much trust in her. She should let him in on some of her problems. It was only fair. However, now was not the time.

Before she even said anything, she leaned toward him and placed her cheek on his shoulder. She wrapped her tail comfortingly around him. They stayed that way for a few moments longer before she reluctantly pulled away and then maneuvered herself so she could face him once more. She watched his face carefully. "Stormdance," she began, softly, "You're a great mentor. You wanna know why? It's because you care. You fret when your apprentices run off on their own. You worry about messin' up on their apprenticeship. You try your hardest to ensure they are safe. Some other mentors don't care enough to check up on their apprentices. I'm sure Wooly and Rowan appreciate it very much. They're lucky to have gotten such a carin' mentor like you." She offered a knowing look. "You've done your best for Woolywing. However, he's his own cat, and mix that with his young age, he was bound to get into trouble no matter how much ya tried to prevent that. He most likely knows this and if you have a talk with him, I feel confident that he won't blame you for what happened. He isn't like that."

She tilted her head and continued, "It's okay to feel this way. It's always nerve-wrackin' to receive your first apprentice. I... I, too, was nervous when I was given Spruce. It may not have seemed like it but I was," she admitted. "Despite how focused he was to not break any of the rules, he got into so much trouble, with or without me present. He didn't mean any of it. Trouble just followed him around like his own tail! It made me anxious to know where he was at times. It was stressful. However, I realized that my trying to keep him from falling into any mischief was a near-impossible task. I couldn't always keep an eye on him and when I could, anythin' and everythin' could happen unexpectedly. It's just how it is. Her face flashed a troubled expression before smoothing out. "I always felt guilty whenever he got injured but I had to stop thinking that every single scratch was my fault or I'd despair further and that wouldn't help anyone," she paused and shook her head. "No, I made myself see reason. I'm not Starclan—no way of me knowing every moment of Spruce-ter's day. I'm not some all-powerful warrior that could stop every injury and beat up every foe on my own so my little fishy remained untouched. Nobody can prevent everythin'. It just isn't possible. No, I had to put my faith in him and my own abilities to teach. If I didn't, I wouldn't ever think he was ready to become a warrior, and probably never would. I also had confidence in my clanmates. They would look out for him as best as they could whenever he joined them."

She lifted a paw and placed it on one of the tom's. "Wooly is strong. He'll make the best out of his situation. He'll rise above his problems and be a warrior everyone's proud of. Have faith in him. He can do it. We'll all be rootin' for him and you will be right by his side because you care and have never stopped caring, even if he's your former apprentice." Brookstone's smile softened. "I know that there will be times that you'll start doubtin' yourself and will carry guilt that you really shouldn't be carrying. That's fine. It happens to the best of us. Just remember that things like this will happen, whether your attempts to prevent them were successful or not. Just keep your head high and march on. Learn and adapt. Prepare and plan ahead to lower the chances of the same thing happenin' again. I know you can do it. I'll be there for ya. Just ask and I'll help ya in any way I can," she breathed out and relaxed. She never thought she'd ever be talking this much. It was nice. She had always been so passionate but usually showed it in her actions than her words. It was about time to mix things up.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════

Last edited by Maagistar on Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Change of Weather, Still Together [c]   Change of Weather, Still Together [c] EmptyMon Sep 12, 2022 11:51 pm

Stormdance

Stormdance melted into the comforting touch Brookstone offered him, resting his head on top of hers and a tiny purr rumbling out of his throat. Her warmth pressed against him chased away the chill of his worry. For the first time in what felt like moons, Stormdance relaxed completely. He might’ve even drifted off if not for Brookstone starting to speak again, and he pulled back as she did, meeting her gaze. He would honor the kindness she was showing him, and take whatever words she had to tell him to heart; this much he knew.

He didn’t interrupt, but as Brookstone spoke about her own anxieties about Sprucebark’s trouble, he leaned forward and bumped his head against her shoulder for a moment, giving her fur a quick, comforting lick. He would express this to her when she finished, but he was proud of her. Both for mentoring Sprucebark and for working on facing her own guilt and fear in regards to his constant bad luck. Stormdance pulled back once more to look Brookstone in the face, watching her smile soften as she spoke.

His own smile began to grow wobbly. To his surprise, Brookstone’s reassuring words brought tears to his eyes. He didn’t quite let them fall, not yet, but they misted and blurred his vision of her. That knot of anxiety and guilt he had gotten so used to by now began to ease. It didn’t disappear completely, not yet. Some doubts still lingered. But it eased, beginning to unravel as she spoke. He hadn’t quite realized just how much he needed to be told that, that it would be okay. More than that, that it was okay that he felt this way, and that someone was there with him. That she was right there with him. He looked down at their paws on top of each other, that wobbly little smile growing a bit larger. Woolywing would be okay, and so would Rowanpaw, and so would he. There was nothing he couldn’t face if he had Brookstone.

For a long moment, Stormdance just let those words sink in. He didn’t trust himself to open his mouth just yet, afraid that a sob would spill out instead of words. He doesn’t think he’d ever heard Brookstone speak so long or so passionately all at once, but it was nice. And it touched him somewhere deep in his heart that she did that for him. It was the passion, the clear belief in her own words that helped them sink into his stubborn little head. That was one of the many things he admired about Brookstone. She never seemed to give anything less than one hundred percent of herself to anything.

He took a deep breath, and finally remembered how to speak. “You’re right.” He said. “Like usual,” He added with a tiny chuckle, managing the small joke as his mood lightened. He moved to bonk his head against hers for a moment, closing his eyes. “I need to have a little more faith. In him, in our clan…” He chuckled again, weakly. “In myself. But… you’re right. Things will get better.” He pulled back a bit so he could look at her once more, blue eyes soft and filled with affection and appreciation. “I know you already know this. But regardless; you’re an amazing mentor. Sprucebark was, and still is, lucky to have you.”

“And so am I, to have you as my best friend.” He purred softly. “...Thank you for this, Brook. Really.” He couldn’t express his gratitude to her for all she had done for him enough, but that was a good place to start.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Change of Weather, Still Together [c]   Change of Weather, Still Together [c] EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 10:41 pm

🪨【Brookstone】🪨

She was well aware that things couldn't change in one day but seeing most of the strain physically melt away from Stormdance still made her feel lighter than ever. She smiled as she met him halfway when he briefly pressed his head against hers. Her eyes softened as she listened to him speak. It was clear to her that he meant every word. He was going to try his best. "That's all I ask," she whispered with a fond tone. They broke the contact and the molly refrained from looking too disappointed. Instead, she locked her eyes with his.

Brookstone felt her face heat as he praised her. In a very Brook-like fashion, she puffed out her chest and grinned. "Thanks. I wanted to be the best fo' him. Spruce-ter's a great guy, rule-obsessions and all. I'm so very proud of 'im." Her eyes sparkled as she reminisced about Spruce's warrior ceremony. She had been so happy and excited to see him gain his warrior name. She had practically helped raise the young tom and all her hard work had paid off. Well, it was more like a joint effort between mentor and apprentice. Sprucebark had done his very best as well and it hadn't gone unappreciated. All the memories they made during their time as a mentor-apprentice duo will always stick with them, even those moments of fright that had Brook growing premature grey fur.

The brown-and-white tabby nudged the tom with a bashful grin on her face. "D'aw! You're so sappy ya furball... I love it!" She winked then cleared her throat. "You bet that I'm also really lucky ta have ya as my bestest friend in all the clans!" She chuckled before adding, "I know that ain't a word but it still gets my point across right?" She shook her head and leaned over to press her cheek to his. "You're welcome, Storm. I'll do this as many times as I need to. You're worth every moment."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change of Weather, Still Together [c]   Change of Weather, Still Together [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Change of Weather, Still Together [c]
Page 1 of 1