Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

your beauty never ever scared me [worry]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

your beauty never ever scared me [worry] Empty
PostSubject: your beauty never ever scared me [worry]   your beauty never ever scared me [worry] EmptyTue 23 Aug 2022 - 15:57

Yarrowblossom
Yarrowblossom trudged into the medicine den weeping. He’d been doing a lot of that lately.

It had been two days since the attack. Woolywing’s third attack. Yarrowblossom was almost expecting it now, to be woken up by a few older warriors and told that his best friend was attacked by a predator again. He valiantly and stupidly refused to run away again. He got himself hurt again. Yarrowblossom keeps waiting for the ”he didn’t make it” but it never comes. It’s always ”we can’t make any promises.”, and a countdown of things Woolywing will have to live with for the rest of his life, one after another. Yarrowblossom had spent the last two nights dreadfully and excruciatingly awake. He’s half surprised his body can still produce tears.

Woolywing is waiting for him in the medicine den, like he always does. Both of his eyes are missing and scarred over now, pink and raw and painful to look at. Yarrowblossom has every one of his scars cataloged in the back of his mind, but it’s been getting harder to keep track— how many of those are new? Three? Four? Yarrowblossom sobs.

”I’m so mad at you.” Yarrowblossom announced wetly after a long, sniveling pause. He wasn’t even sure if Woolywing knew he was with him. ”I am so mad at you right now. You’re never allowed outside of this camp again, you hear me? Never again!”

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

your beauty never ever scared me [worry] Empty
PostSubject: Re: your beauty never ever scared me [worry]   your beauty never ever scared me [worry] EmptyTue 23 Aug 2022 - 16:31

Woolywing laid in his nest, for once due to tiredness and not fear- his several hours of relearning the simplest things like discerning scents and using his whiskers and listening for the slightest of noises had taken a lot out of him. Even now, after Dovesight had called it a day, he was practicing. He could smell cats, the scent vague at first, but if he lingered on the smell just a tad longer he could recognise a few of them- Dovesight and Sandypaw, their scents too similar for him to discern; Stormdance, his scent weak but present; Yarrowblossom, familiar as ever- Wait. Yarrowblossom? He craned his neck upward, ears pricked up. He could smell him, yes, but more prominently he could hear him. The sound was like a stab to the heart: Yarrowblossom was crying.

Woolywing's immediate instinct was to jump up, to comfort his best friend, to tell him everything would be alright. He started shuffling his paws into a better position and strained to stand up, his muscles tired from underuse. He heard Yarrowblossom enter the medicine den and stepped forward, then stopped. He'd realised he'd never see him again when Dovesight told him his eye was beyond saving, but actually experiencing it...

He sat, not confident in his ability to make it to Yarrowblossom without falling or starting to cry himself. He would not cry. He was resolute in this fact, determined to be strong for his friend- even though his soul shattered into a million pieces listening to his racking sobs. Then, after an excruciating silence punctuated by Yarrowblossom's heartbreaking crying, he spoke. Woolywing almost laughed, Yarrowblossom's signature indignance on full display even through his sobbing. The smaller tom prepared some witty retort, some joke to prove to Yarrowblossom that he was okay. That this was just a hiccup, he'd be right as rain faster than he could say minnow. But he opened his mouth and found that he came up empty. For once in his life, he had no words.

"I'm not going anywhere." He half-whispered, and the dam broke. First a lump in his throat, then a sniffle, and soon he was mirroring Yarrowblossom's own sobs. He hesitantly crept forward, trying to focus on what his whiskers were telling him despite the sobs setting him off balance, and finally clumsily bumped into Yarrowblossom. He buried his head in his fur. "I'm so- hic I'm scared. I can't- I don't-" He wasn't even sure what he was trying to say. "I'm glad y-you're here." was all he could think of.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down

your beauty never ever scared me [worry]
Page 1 of 1