Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Brunch Hunt [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

Brunch Hunt [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Brunch Hunt [C]    Brunch Hunt [C]  EmptyMon Aug 15, 2022 7:22 pm

Woolywing woke up relatively late; half the warriors he shared a den with had already gone out patrolling. Yarrowblossom included, he realised with a bit of a sinking of his heart. He didn't want to bother the tom, of course, but ever since that spar he found himself wanting to spend more and more time with him. After allowing himself a few more seconds of wistful staring at his best friend's empty nest, the small white tom shook himself out of it and stretched slowly. He winced slightly as his scars, tighter than the rest of his skin, were pulled taut. They'd healed, mostly, but some movements were still painful. Part of him doubted the pain would ever go away.

Stretching and yawning himself awake, he looked around the den. His friends, it seemed, were all awake and out already. He'd have to make it up to them later, maybe go fishing with the group again? [i]I'll plan that later, he thought. Casting his mind away from them, he continued his glance around the den and stopped when he spotted a very familiar face. Breaking out into a smile, he walked softly over to his former mentor. "Stormdance, good morning! You're not busy, are you? I was hoping we could go hunting."

It had been painfully long since they last spoke properly. He'd meant to catch up with him after his ceremony, but then the eagle happened and... Well. He had lost time to make up for with his mentor, in any case.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1017

Brunch Hunt [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunch Hunt [C]    Brunch Hunt [C]  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 12:39 am

Stormdance

Stormdance isn’t normally one to sleep in, especially not lately. He tends to be a light sleeper as it is, and besides, he's been busy. He hasn’t really slept in since he became a warrior, as he’d been focused entirely on his duties and training, first with Woolywing, then with both Woolywing and Rowanpaw. With Woolywing a warrior now, you’d think Stormdance would have more free time than when he had both the apprentices at once, but well, Rowanpaw was a bit of a handful.

The constant pace was taking its toll on Stormdance, along with all the recent predator attacks, injuries, and the few deaths Riverclan has dealt with lately, not to mention the heavy rains making the river itself a more dangerous place to be. He was getting tense and irritable, and it meant he and Rowanpaw were clashing more often and harder than before, so Stormdance said that today would be a day off for training for the two of them. They both needed the break.

He still hadn’t meant to sleep in, but he didn’t have a morning patrol. He glanced at the nest next to his where Brookdance usually slept as he groomed himself, feeling a small pang that he had missed her leaving this morning. They didn’t have as much time to spend together anymore, and so he treasured whatever time he got with her.

It was Woolywing’s familiar voice that knocked Stormdance out of his thoughts and his ears perked up. He turned and smiled warmly at his former apprentice. “Morning, Woolywing. I’m not busy at all.” He said. “I’d love to go hunting with you.” It had been far too long since he had spent time with Woolywing, and he enjoyed the younger tom’s company. He stretched out before getting fully to his feet, trotting out of the den with Woolywing at his side.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Aries Rooster

Brunch Hunt [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunch Hunt [C]    Brunch Hunt [C]  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 3:20 pm

Woolywing smiled excitedly at the older tom, delighted that he'd agreed. "Brilliant, thank you! It'll be good to catch up." He padded out of the den and towards the edge of camp, staying on the right side of Stormdance to cover his blind spot. He had to admit, he was calmed a lot by his former mentor's presence. His idolisation of Stormdance had never really gone away even as a warrior, so as they walked Woolywing felt comforted by the fact that, should a fox or eagle or whatever else appear, Stormdance had his back. "I'm glad you weren't busy. Things have been chaotic, right? Between the fox, the eagle and my warriorhood I was starting to worry I'd never get the chance to talk to you." He chuckled.

The two of them padded through the territory until they came across a somewhat open area, dotted with flowers and bushes and covered in tall grass that was sure to harbour prey. Woolywimg turned to his mentor with a playful grin. "Come on, let's see who catches something first. I've gotten better since I was Woolypaw!" His whiskers twitched. Now that he thought about it, he hadn't gotten to do much hunting as an apprentice. It seemed be spent more time being hunted.

He gave the sky a glance, checking thoroughly for any signs of predators. He was relieved to find none. The look he gave the greenery around him was more cursory; he was certain that if there was a ground predator here he'd smell it. "Coast is clear! Good thing too, I only have the one eye left." He laughed brightly before disappearing into the long grass. When he crouched it came up way past his ears, instilling some confidence. He'd hardly be found by anything down here. He could see why rabbits and such loved the tall grass so much.

He crept forward, following the weak scent of mouse. He'd hoped to catch something bigger to impress Stormdance, but a mouse would do. It was much harder to navigate the grass with only one eye; he couldn't see past it and essentially had to rely on his nose and ears. That suited him fine, though, as he soon found the mouse stuffing what looked like berries into its mouth. He smiled, wiggled in preparation for his attack, and leapt onto the small creature. It had no chance, he ended its life swiftly and cleanly before grabbing it in his mouth.

Before he could stand up straight and announce his catch to Stormdance, he noticed a sharp movement out of the corner of its eye. His muscles tensed and he slowly turned his head around, then yelped loudly as he saw what it was. A snake. An adder, to be precise, an unhelpful voice in Woolywings head said. It reared up, clearly agitated by the loss of prey. Woolywing shot into a defensive stance, paw up and ready to strike the angered serpent. "Stormdance, there's a snake." He said quietly, not even knowing if his mentor heard him. He didn't want to agitate the snake further by yelling, and he wasn't a kit anymore. He didn't want to put Stormdance in danger by calling him for help.

In fact, maybe he wouldn't need him at all. Perhaps if he backed away... He took a step back, then another. All seemed well. The snake stayed where it was, hissing indignantly. Woolywing allowed himself a soft sigh of relief, though his eye was trained on the snake for any sign of movement. He was almost in the clear now, just one more step... Then, his paw met a branch.

Snap!

Woolywing froze at the noise. The snake did the opposite. In a blur, it shot forwards, fangs out. The warrior hardly had time to yell out in shock before the horrible creature latched itself onto his face. No, not his face- his eye.

Woolywing yowled out in agony as his vision went dark, his entire body flaring up with pain. He swatted wildly at the snake, missing each time in his blindness. Woolywing had no words, nothing but screams of pain and fear. Stormdance has experience with snakes, that unhelpful voice said. Maybe he'll help.

A wild Snake appeared! The snake used Serpent Strike on Woolywing, dealing 6HP and costing 10SP. Woolywing's attack missed.

Snake

HP: 15
SP: 65(-10)

Woolywing
HP: 19 (-6)
SP: 50

*=disabled
**=unborn

Last edited by Snickerdoodle on Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15018

Brunch Hunt [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunch Hunt [C]    Brunch Hunt [C]  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 3:20 pm

The member 'Snickerdoodle' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

Brunch Hunt [C]  Mistpe10
Brunch Hunt [C]  Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Aries Rooster

Brunch Hunt [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunch Hunt [C]    Brunch Hunt [C]  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 6:42 pm

Roll

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

Brunch Hunt [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunch Hunt [C]    Brunch Hunt [C]  EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 6:42 pm

The member 'Snickerdoodle' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

Brunch Hunt [C]  Sig2
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

Brunch Hunt [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunch Hunt [C]    Brunch Hunt [C]  EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 7:00 pm

Stormdance

Stormdance chuckled along with Woolywing’s words, though that ever present feeling of guilt squeezed his chest as he thought about the attacks his former apprentice had to deal with when he was still under Stormdance's mentorship. He doesn’t think he’ll ever forgive himself for letting Woolywing get hurt, even if he knows logically that the predator attacks weren’t really his fault. “They have been,” He agreed softly. “I’m glad we have this chance too.”

Stormdance snorted as Woolywing cheerfully declared he had gotten better, and with a warm, almost teasing smile, he responded, “Well, I certainly hope so, you’ve had plenty of time to practice. Show me what you’ve got.” He gave an encouraging flick of his tail and a warm smile.

He followed Woolywing’s gaze to check for signs of predators, and he was grateful when neither he nor Woolywing found any sign of any nearby. Stormdance didn’t think he could handle anything else going wrong. It was that and Woolywing’s bright laughter that had Stormdance relaxing his shoulders, dropping his usual, ever present guard. Still, as Woolywing’s tail disappeared into the grass, Stormdance called a, “Don’t go too far,” after him. Woolywing may be a warrior now, but Stormdance still felt protective over him. He didn’t want anything to happen to his young friend… or at least, not anything else.

No sooner had Stormdance turned away and began to sniff around for signs of his own prey did he hear the yelp leave Woolywing. His heart leapt into his throat and he whirled around immediately, moving back into the tall grass. “Wooly-” Woolywing’s frantic, soft words caused Stormdance to pause and slow his movements, cautiously approaching until he could see his former apprentice and the threatening snake. He froze, not wanting to make any sudden movements and anger the snake further. He dug his claws into the ground, giving Woolywing an encouraging little nod as Woolywing backed away. Good, that was good. Maybe they could get out of here without anyone getting hurt--

Snap.

Woolywing!” Stormdance cried as the snake latched onto the white tom’s face before Stormdance could even move. He didn’t hesitate before leaping forward himself, attempting to snap his teeth down onto the nearest part of the writhing snake. His teeth made contact with the snakes tail and he bit down, yanking the snake off of Woolywing and to the ground.

Stormdance used Tail Yank on the snake, stunning the snake for one turn and dealing -8 HP and costing -15 SP

Snake [STUNNED]
HP: 7 (-8)
SP: 65

Woolywing
HP: 19
SP: 50

Stormdance
HP: 40
SP: 85 (-15)

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Last edited by lostfanboy on Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

Brunch Hunt [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunch Hunt [C]    Brunch Hunt [C]  EmptySun Aug 21, 2022 7:00 pm

The member 'lostfanboy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

Brunch Hunt [C]  Sig2
Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Aries Rooster

Brunch Hunt [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunch Hunt [C]    Brunch Hunt [C]  EmptyTue Aug 23, 2022 7:58 pm

Woolywing could've cried with relief as Stormdance came to his rescue. Perhaps he was crying. The hot liquid dripping down his face was indistinct, his nostrils too full of his own fear-scent to identify it. The snake was gone from his eye, but to his horror the vision in it was near non-existent. It was dark and cloudy, he could just about see a big blob attacking a smaller blob in an otherwise dark and indistinct world. His chest heaved with panic and he blinked rapidly, ignoring the pain it brought. No, come on. It had to be blood clouding his vision. It had to. But, to his horror, if he really focused it seemed like his vision was getting worse by the second. Panic coursed through his body and he approached Stormdance at a speed far slower than he normally would've moved in this situation.

He couldn't see the snake, he couldn't see anything. But it lay prone on the ground, judging by the vague black blob that was rapidly fading from view. He reached down with his head, again at an unnervingly slow pace. Opening his jaws and praying he wouldn't miss, he bit down on its scaly neck and felt an odd sense of justice as it snapped and the adder's blood dripped from his jaws. He stood there, in too much shock to think or speak, before eventually dropping the snake and slumping against Stormdance with a sudden sob. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Why did this always happen to him? Was he cursed or something?

He leaned heavily against his mentor, the older tom's presence being his only comfort through his fear. "Stormdance. I can't... I can't..." He couldn't speak past the lump in his throat. It was okay, it was okay, this was treatable. He'd been able to see for a moment there, before the injury truly took effect. Dovesight and Sandypaw could fix this. They had to. "I need Dovesight," he whispered softly, both to himself and his mentor.

Woolywing used Snap on the snake, dealing 7HP. The snake is dead.
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

Brunch Hunt [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brunch Hunt [C]    Brunch Hunt [C]  EmptyWed Aug 24, 2022 11:11 pm

Stormdance

Stormdance’s own heart pounded in fear at the sight of Woolywing’s grievous injuries, and it broke at the sound of Woolywing’s sob. His tail immediately wrapped protectively over the white tom’s back, and he moved in close. He briefly licked the top of Woolywing’s head, wiping away some of the blood, an instinctive, paternal gesture, though he didn’t get too close to Woolywing’s eyes. He didn’t want to make the injury any worse than it already is. He could only pray to Starclan that Dovesight and Sandypaw could help this.

He forced down his own anxiety and guilt quickly. Woolywing needed him right now, and he needed to be calm. With as steady of a voice as he could, he said, “O-Okay, just lean on me, you’re okay.” He started leading the way back to camp quickly, moving as fast as they could without forcing Woolywing to move faster than he could at the moment. He kept pressed against Woolywing, letting Woolywing lean on him as much as he needed. He was thankful that at least they weren’t terribly far from camp. “We’ll get you to Dovesight. You'll be okay. Everything will be okay.”

He wished he believed that himself.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior