Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Passing the Baton [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Byrin

Byrin

Characters : Basskit / Fuzzybelly
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 502

Passing the Baton [c] Empty
PostSubject: Passing the Baton [c]   Passing the Baton [c] EmptyFri 12 Aug 2022 - 5:03

Mintheart stretched her legs. It seemed like Shrikestar was finally going to let them out of the elders' den. As much as she loved her mate Moorbite and her friend Stumpytoad, she was going to lose her mind if she had to stay there any longer.

"Ain't no WindClanner meant ta sit in no den fo' that long," she meowed to her friends behind her.

It was weather like this that made her wish she didn't have long fur. Moorbite had a sleek sandy pelt, one that was soft and Mintheart was jealous of in the sweltering heat. She had wispy long ginger fur instead, which was good for leafbare, but that was many moons away.

The elder she-cat walked around the elder's den to move her legs. Stars, they were stiff. "StarClan it's like I gots no legs!"

Mintheart turned her head to the nursery and spotted a small ginger kitten.

"Hey there, honey, wut'cho up to? You wanna hang out wit' ol' Granny?"

Brackenwing had her a few moons ago, pretty soon after the Gathering. Mintheart wore a smirk on her face. She always knew when she was getting more kin. That queen told her up and down she wasn't having kits, but Mintheart knew. A queen always knew about her babies.

"C'mon, darlin', what you wanna do?"
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: Passing the Baton [c]   Passing the Baton [c] EmptySat 13 Aug 2022 - 12:18

Lynxkit
Lynxkit hated being bored more than she hated anything, and Lynxkit hated a lot of things. Most notably snakes.

Her Ma had been spending a lot of time doing a whole lot of nothing recently, not bothering to play with her only daughter even when Lynxkit screamed and pulled at her ears. The little molly felt like she was dying! Dying a cruel, unjust death at the hands of boredom.

How unfair.

Luckily, Granny was never far behind when Lynxkit was starting to feel this way. Ma groaned and complained often about how similar they were, but Lynxkit couldn’t see why it was ever an issue; Ma always said that Lynxkit was her pride and joy, so Granny must be too!

”Hi Granny! I’m tryna hunt bugs! I wanna be an apprentice as fast as I can— I was thinkin’ that Shrikestar might make me an apprentice sooner if I show him how good ov’a hunter I am!” Lynxkit giggled happily, dismay and beetles alike long forgotten as she ambled over to her grandmother. ”Do ya wanna help? You used’ta be a big ol’ warrior like Ma, right?”

Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Passing the Baton [c]   Passing the Baton [c] EmptySun 14 Aug 2022 - 0:24

I think that’s uh excellent idea,” Mintheart meowed, her tail flicking back and forth. “Stars know if I could teach yo’ daddy how ta hunt, I could teach uh rabbit ta catch foxes.

I wus uh warrior longer than yo’ momma been alive,” Mintheart meowed with pride. “She wusn’t uh thought in her daddy’s mind when I wus uh warrior.

So, you wanna catch sum bugs, eh?” Mintheart asked, approaching her grandchild. “WindClan’s the pride o’ StarClan, we gots long legs n’ we gots the fastest paws in the whole forest. Let Granny teach’cho how it’s done.

The crotchety elder lowered herself into a crouch, her paws quiet and her body streamlined. It had been seasons since Mintheart hunted for WindClan, but some things stayed with her. It was muscle memory, and she was transported back to a time long before her time in the elder’s den.

Youse gots ta be quiet, see yo’ prey, get nice n’ low. Then… you spring wit’ the strength o’ LionClan. No questions, no half-tailing it, jus’… gotta… do it.

The elder sprang at a large beetle, aiming to seize it in her paws.

The beetle had other plans, though, and in Mintheart’s age, she wasn’t as fast as she used to be.

Foxing fox dung rollin’ in mud,” she hissed. “You ain’t even gonna live ta see half-moon, stupid beetle. Birdbrained ‘lil skitterin’ thing. Go ta ShadowClan n’ eat crowfood, roll in the marsh, frog-food, sum po’ ShadowClanner gonna eat you and yo’ chil’ren like uh snack. Stars know those mangy foxhearts ain’t good fo’ nuthin’ else other than bugs n’ carrion.

The elder thrashed her tail, then turned to face her grandchild.

Uh, hi.

Brackenwing was going to kill her. The elder, instead of evaluating language and life choices, started cackling.

Well, when you get older, if you take after Granny, youse gonna have the sharpest tongue in the forest, yes-sirree!

Last edited by Byrin on Sun 14 Aug 2022 - 0:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hunting dice failure)
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15128

PostSubject: Re: Passing the Baton [c]   Passing the Baton [c] EmptySun 14 Aug 2022 - 0:24

The member 'Byrin' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 9
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: Passing the Baton [c]   Passing the Baton [c] EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022 - 11:05

Lynxkit
Lynxkit’s surprised, open-mouthed stare quickly twisted into an evil smile. ”Foxing fox dung rolling in the mud!” she parroted, clambering onto her laughing grandmother. ”I’ve already got it, Granny! Mama says I’ve gotta smart mouth and I need’a watchit ‘cause I called Sunkit badger-stinky, but I was jus’ sayin’ the truth!” While still young, Lynxkit was never one to mince words— as much as it irritated her mother and upset other kits, she was never afraid to say whatever she wanted whenever she felt like. Sunkit was badger-stinky, anyway. Mama just didn’t want to admit it.

Perking her little head up from where it rested on Mintheart’s back, Lynxkit watched the escapee beetle scuttle across the packed earth. It was getting away pretty fast, but Lynxkit knew she was faster— she jumped off of Mintheart and lowered herself towards the ground just as her grandmother had told her, bright blue eyes trained on the bug. ”I’ll catch it for ya! You’re too old anyway, Granny, you probably couldn’t catch anything!” Lynxkit giggled happily. ”I’m the best catcher-er in the nursery— I’m gonna be the best catcher-er in all of Windclan! No! The forest, Granny! Just you watch!”

Pressed to the dirt, Lynxkit wiggled into a clumsy hunting stance, blue eyes big and ears straight back. She wanted to look over her shoulder and see if her Granny was watching, but she couldn’t take an eye off of her prey, who continued to scuttle around, all victorious…

Lynxkit leaped, back legs untrained but not weak, managing to land on top of the shiny bug before it could get away. She batted at it's little head until it stopped moving, still alive but thoroughly frightened. Lynxkit held the poor thing up with her paws to show her Granny, triumphant squealing resonating throughout the camp. "Lookit!! I caught it! I caught it! I'm the bestest catcher-er!"

Last edited by Muggy on Mon 15 Aug 2022 - 11:07; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15128

PostSubject: Re: Passing the Baton [c]   Passing the Baton [c] EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022 - 11:05

The member 'Muggy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Passing the Baton [c] Mistpe10
Passing the Baton [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Byrin

Byrin

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Passing the Baton [c]   Passing the Baton [c] EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022 - 13:02

Mintheart wheezed as she cackled with Lynxkit’s parroting. Stars, it was just so funny! Out of the mouths of babes. Just with a little help from Granny.

I’d rather uh smart mouth then uh dumb one,” the elder commented, mirroring Lynxkit’s evil grin.

Badger-stinky? Somebody’s gotta fix that,” Mintheart meowed. “I wouldn’t wanna play wit’ nobody smellin’ like badger.

Go git ‘em,” Mintheart encouraged, smiling. “Granny’s been old uh long time, you can git ‘em.

The she-cat watched Lynxkit get into a crouch. She lowered herself a bit as well, studying the beetle and her granddaughter’s form. Thank StarClan Lynxkit took after Brackenwing’s hunting form and not her son’s. As much as she loved her youngest kit, she wondered about him sometimes…

When Lynxkit caught the beetle, Mintheart celebrated. “You gonna be the best warrior WindClan eva saw,” she meowed, glowing, then licked the top of her granddaughter’s head. “Good job, darlin’!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passing the Baton [c]   Passing the Baton [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Passing the Baton [c]
Page 1 of 1