Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Byrin

Byrin

Characters : Basskit / Fuzzybelly
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 499

Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony   Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyAugust 10th 2022, 8:41 pm

Fuzzybelly had resided in SkyClan for quite some time now. As little as it may have helped, he tried to get herbs and take care of the sick. A medicine cat’s day never ended, and sick doesn’t wait for sunrise. As the ShadowClan medicine cat, he at least was mostly nocturnal and could take care of things so the poor apprentices could sleep. Their rushed appointments after Beechfang’s murder confession really could have led to disaster, but both of them handled it with grace. Plumpaw mostly resembled his own disposition, but there was no denying Fogpaw’s expertise. The tom seemed much more confident and capable than Fuzzybelly felt at his naming. And from there, the wheel in his brain started to turn.

Being the medicine cat of another Clan, he was concerned about stepping on everyone else’s paws. Medicine cats were above Clan divisions for the good of all the Clans, and when he offered to conduct the ceremony for Fogpaw, he was worried that Briarstar would have balked at the offer. Surprisingly, both his leader and SkyClan’s leader accepted the suggestion.

Hullo Fogpaw,” Fuzzybelly meowed. It was dawn, not a time he enjoyed being awake, but one that he would do gladly for anyone. “Could you get two travel herbs together? You and I are going to Highstones.

He hoped that what he tried to teach them would be enough to keep SkyClan strong. It was what he hoped for all Clans. Fuzzybelly would have learned how to fish if it meant that cats were taken care of. He nodded to himself. Despite not being his formal mentor, he was proud of Fogpaw. The fluffy brown tabby tom looked at the apprentice and couldn’t help but feel a twinge of nostalgia. Perhaps it was his turn to formally mentor a cat. Only time and stars could tell.
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony   Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyAugust 10th 2022, 9:29 pm

Fogpaw
Fogpaw stared quizzically at Fuzzybelly for a solid couple of seconds. This had to be one of the oddest requests coming from the elder medicine cat— why he had spent his time in Skyclan seeking refuge from the flood, Fuzzybelly had been a great mentor, almost something of a father at times, but the tabby had so far strayed clear of any Moonstone business. He was very clear about it; while he would help around camp as much as he could, Moonstones and ceremonies were Fogpaw and Plumpaw’s business exclusively. Did he suddenly change his mind? ”Who’s Moonstone ceremony is it now? I usually stay on top of those— I didn’t think any apprentices were due for one in a while…”

Fuzzybelly’s words finally sunk in. You and I.

”Why just us? What’s going on?” Fogpaw turned to look back at Plumpaw’s sleeping form. Was there an emergency they had to consult with StarClan? Surely not, because Plumpaw would be coming along then…

It wasn’t what he thought it was, was it? He didn’t feel like he was ready…

Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony   Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyAugust 10th 2022, 10:05 pm

It’s yours,” Fuzzybelly meowed. He wasn’t sure if Fogpaw caught what he said, so he leaned down to the apprentice. “You’ve really done well, Fogpaw. You’ve been put in an impossible situation and yet, you’re healing your Clanmates and keeping on top of everything. Many cats would have walked out of the den by now, but not you.

Fuzzybelly sat next to Fogpaw, his eyes even. “It took me moons to remember the basics. Seriously! I’d be up all night, grabbing random herbs and trying to name them, shuffle around, and I’d wake up the next day and not know my tail from a hole in the ground.

You're never done learning, Fogpaw. StarClan, herbs, things to tell your Clanmates when they’re hurting… if we waited until someone could do those things flawlessly, I’d still be Fuzzypaw.

It’s not like being a warrior. Sure, there are the right and wrong herbs to use at certain times… but how could you be tested on how to talk someone through grief? Who would test that, and how? With warrior life, it tends to be very black and white; you either caught the prey or not, you either won the fight or not. The life of a medicine cat is about the grey. It’s the long term, building relationships with your Clanmates, with StarClan, with your leader. And I think you have enough expertise to help SkyClan as a full medicine cat.

Fuzzybelly’s eyes clouded briefly. “I’d be honored to be your colleague. You’ve done so well.

He swallowed, offering a fatherly lick. “I’m proud of you. Let’s get ready to go!
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony   Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyAugust 11th 2022, 10:02 pm

Fogpaw
Fogpaw took a deep breath. It felt good, like he was seen. For these last few windy days, it had felt like one thing on top of another. His mother back in his life, Trufflesnap’s illness, his father’s death, this terrible, awful weather. All of these new faces who needed help. Even with Plumpaw— Stars above, even with Fuzzybelly, Fogpaw felt like he was drowning. Up to his ears in murky water and struggling with all his might to stay afloat, just as Shadowclan had been. Some nights he was convinced he’d finally slip under.

Fuzzybelly felt like an anchor. A branch hanging over the swollen river just far enough for Fogpaw to grab onto. He resumed his duties to his clan after everything, balancing Fogpaw and Plumpaw on his back, and he did it with a smile. It was clear in everything the elder tom did that he loved his clan, loved his position; in some ways, Fogpaw was jealous of him. There was a passion and a sense of duty that burned in Fuzzybelly’s— and in Plumpaw’s— eyes that had died out long ago in Fogpaw’s. He felt no passion, no duty, no love. He just woke up in the morning, did what was expected of him, and then went to sleep at night. He chose this path because of spite and anger; did Fogpaw ever want to be a warrior? It had been so long he couldn’t remember. All that had stuck with him from his kithood was a burning need to protect his family— Beechfang’s exile had stolen all of his happy kithood memories and followed her.

Maybe he’d be able to get them back now, with Beechfang stuck so firmly in his side. Maybe he’d find a purpose again, past all of the anger that drove him.

Fogpaw accepted Fuzzybelly’s lick with grace. ”Let’s go.”

Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony   Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyAugust 12th 2022, 12:26 am

That’s the spirit!

Fuzzybelly swiftly grabbed herbs and swallowed his pile. The tom had eaten them so many times that it barely registered on his palate. He thought briefly about how to get to Highstones from here; it had to be pretty similar to how to get there from ShadowClan, just some extra walking.

As the duo set off on their journey, snaking by Fourtrees, Fuzzybelly looked over to his Clan’s territory.

The marsh oozed algae and slime, the entire marsh filled to the brim with terrible smelling water, the acrid tang of rot, and saturating the entire ground.

That’s home, that’s my Clan.

It looked terrible. Fogpaw probably thought they were RiverClanners with crowfood and carrion. “We can’t go back yet, but we will soon. There is always a way.

From there, the process felt a lot more automatic. He knew what parts of the earth were stable enough for paw prints.

Eventually, they happened upon Mothermouth. Fuzzybelly flicked his tail as he made his way inside. The stones radiated light, almost blindingly so.

StarClan is happy you’re here,” the tom meowed with a toothy grin.

He sat to the left, looking at Fogpaw.

Come, it is time.

As Fogpaw approached, it felt like the energy in the cave vibrated all the more. Fuzzybelly glanced at the walls in the cave, remembering his own ceremony.

I, Fuzzybelly, medicine cat of ShadowClan, call upon our ancestors to look down on this apprentice, Fogpaw of SkyClan. Through his devotion through difficulty, Fogpaw has served his Clan well, and stars permitting and with their guidance, they will equip him to serve SkyClan for many moons to come.

Fogpaw, do you vow in front of StarClan to uphold the code and ways of a medicine cat, to heal your Clan to the best of your ability, and rise above Clan divisions and strife for the health and good of all cats, even at the risk of your own life?
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony   Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyAugust 12th 2022, 10:49 pm

Fogpaw
It was strange, being led to Mouthermouth. Usually it was Fogpaw doing the leading, but Fuzzybelly had prepared everything before Fogpaw had any idea. He felt like a little kit again, following his father dutifully to his first ceremony; was Dovefrost watching over him still, up in Starclan? He had given up his duties as medicine cat moons before Fogpaw was even born, but was he proud of how far he and his sister had come? Beechfang… had her qualms.

Was someone proud of him? Other than Shadowclan’s washed-up medicine cat?

Fogpaw had hardly believed the tom when Fuzzybelly pointed out Shadowclan’s territory, oozing and decaying. He had never seen the damage done, only heard vague stories from the refugees, but… this was terrible. Worse than anything he had ever seen before.

Thoughts of Skyclan flashed in Fogpaw’s mind; Tallbranch broken and washed away, nests destroyed by a terrible flood. Fogpaw never felt very connected to his clan, but even to him, the thoughts were inconceivable. How would he— his clan, his family— recover from something like that?

Shadowclan still had fire in them, somehow. They still hoped, beneath all of the decay.

Fogpaw suddenly felt an influx of respect for Fuzzybelly and the rest of his clan.

Mouthermouth was blinding in all of its glittering glory, and the reflections bouncing off of the stones helped distract Fogpaw from Fuzzybelly’s ridiculous sentiments. Starclan wasn’t happy he was here— how could they, when they knew he wasn’t the right cat?

Fuzzybelly began the ceremony dutifully, and Fogpaw held his breath. ”I promise.” he responded, and tried his hardest not to wince.

Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Leo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony   Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyAugust 13th 2022, 4:47 am

Then, by the power vested in me by StarClan, you will be recognized as a full fledged medicine cat. From now until you meet the stars again at death, you will be Fogfeather, medicine cat of SkyClan. StarClan honors your flexibility and your sense of duty, and like feathers, may you always catch the winds and find direction, even when you may not know where your paws will lead.

Was that a good way to have that ceremony? He wasn’t sure, he supposed he had the power to do it, which was even more bizarre to him. Fuzzybelly still felt like a kit; an overgrown, pelt untamed, giant-pawed kit.

Fogfeather! Be received by StarClan, this is a joyous day. I will be keeping watch. Put your nose on the stone, and may stars light your path.

Fuzzybelly contemplated whether he’d like that name or not. It was a lot of responsibility, giving a cat their final name. He was convinced Froststar must have been the king of this, Fuzzybelly never heard him complain about it. The path of a leader was winding and rocky, much like the path his own paws walked as a medicine cat. Perhaps that was why leaders and medicine cats just understood each other.

That would be a skill Fogfeather would learn in time, to counsel Briarstar. And Fuzzybelly would help in any way he could.
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony   Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyAugust 14th 2022, 7:45 pm

Fogfeather
Fogfeather let out a deep sigh, eyeing Fuzzybelly with an unreadable look before moving to face the Moonstone. This was a lot more than he was prepared to take in— it wasn’t a secret that Fogfeather’s emotional development was a little… lackluster, and the influx of complex emotions that swarmed in the medicine cat’s head were almost too much to handle. He wanted to get this over with, as quickly as he could; things made more sense back in Skyclan. He’d have to deal with a lot more now, as begrudging as he was. He was Briarstar’s official secondhand now, Birdchaser’s as well in a way— he’d have more duties to uphold, more responsibility than he knew how to deal with.

How long can he manage to keep everything together before it falls apart on him?

Closing his forest green eyes, the newly appointed medicine cat relaxed his body and pressed his nose against the Moonstone’s cold, shining surface.

Back to top Go down
Reaper King
Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaper King

Characters : Tiger [Ti], Owl [O], Raven [R], Hare [H]
Clan/Rank : [Ti] Windclan Leader, [O] Riverclan Warrior [R] Riverclan Warrior, [H] Skyclan Warrior
Pisces Tiger
Number of posts : 9978

PostSubject: Re: Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony   Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyAugust 15th 2022, 7:13 pm

"Fogfeather." A voice said as the living tom appeared in the starry forest. Dovefrost stood in front of the now fully named Medicine Cat. The large white tom settled down, wrapping his feathery tail around his paws. "My son." He seemed to correct himself. While he never really got to interact with Fogfeather on that level it still didn't change the fact that the living tom was his son, a son he loved just as much as the others. "I'm so glad to see you here."

"To see you whole heartedly welcomed where I could no longer tread in the living." He remembered how cold the Moonstone was to him, how he feared his children would be rejected, but finally his heart could be at ease. His son was fully recognized by Starclan, and welcomed in the land of the stars.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't be the first one to greet you as a full medicine cat back at camp, that things had to change so suddenly, but you made it. You pushed through, and I couldn't be more proud of you, and I'm sure Beechfang feels the same way." Dovefrost said. He wasn't ever good with words, and he hoped that he was saying the right things. He just hoped that Fogfeather knew how much his father loved him, even if there wasn't enough time to show it in the living world.

Windclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Skyclan ✦ Riverclan ✦ Thunderclan
Leader (Tier 5) ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 2 ✦ Tier 1 ✦ Kit

Reaper's Beans | Plotting Pages | Heartchart
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony   Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyAugust 17th 2022, 9:49 am

Fogfeather
Fogfeather stood frozen, face flickering between surprise, anguish and stoicism. It was instinct for him to remain walled-off and cold, but Dovefrost… his father was the only cat who seemed to be able to break him down. Seeing him standing there, strong and undoubtedly alive, kept bringing Fogfeather back to that day— thick white fur dulled and splattered with blood, chest unmoving, a younger and weaker Fogpaw shattered into pieces as he sobbed into his mother’s pelt. It was difficult to even look at him, the forest green eyes Fogpaw inherited and saw glazed over in death not long ago. ”Father.” Fogfeather breathed, relief washing over him— he had convinced himself he’d never be able to call the tom by that name again. ”I’m glad to see you too.”

Focus shifting from his father’s spirit, Fogfeather came to realize how strange it was to be in StarClan territory again. He’d been to Mothermouth more times than he could care to count, saw himself reflected in those shimmering stones, but to be back, be recognized, be accepted by StarClan— after moons upon moons of cursing their name, his disdain and hatred, the nature of his birth…

StarClan still accepted him. Fogfeather smiled tearfully.

”Don’t apologize. I don’t… I don’t blame you. For dying. Or anything at all, I just— I just miss you.” Fogfeather choked, covering up his sobs and tears with a few coughs. He straightened up, teary eyes locked onto Dovefrost’s. ”I don’t think Mother could ever truly get behind anything I could do as medicine cat but… that was the point. We talked and she has her qualms but-”

Fogfeather let out a deep breath. ”I think she’ll be okay.”

I love you went unsaid, but he didn’t think it was needed. Dovefrost knew.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony   Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Fogpaw’s Medicine Cat Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp :: Tallbranch :: SkyClan Ceremonies :: Medicine Cat Ceremonies-
Jump to: