Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2194

Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 9 Aug 2022 - 13:40

Dovesight had been keeping an eye on her nieces and nephews, watching them as they grew up, being well on their way to being warriors.

Except for one.

Sandykit remained in the nursery, unwilling to have her ceremony. She was afraid of warrior life. Much like she herself had been. So Dovesight spoke with Poppyshine about perhaps taking Sandykit on as her own apprentice, and the two agreed. Now all she had to do was speaking to the kit herself.

"Sandykit? Can I talk with you, dear?"

Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1412

PostSubject: Re: Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 9 Aug 2022 - 14:36

Sandykit
Nursery

Sandykit was quietly resting in the nursery,
pleasantly watching ladybugs crawl over her paws. They were her favorite bug, so small, so gentle, so pretty. Ladybugs would never make loud noises or buzz around her head. They were peaceful. That's what made them beautiful to her.

The she-cat looked up at Dovesight, curious to hear what the medicine cat (and her aunt) had to tell her. After a moon or two of healing she had finally been able to leave the medicine den, and take off her bandages. And although she didn’t feel great about her belly scars, secretly wishing she could keep the bandages on, they had grown much too uncomfortable. Maybe Dovesight was here to tell her she had to heal more? “What is it?” she mewed with an hopeful tone, “Do I have to go back to your den?”

She didn’t enjoy being stuck healing for hours on end, and wanted to play with her siblings again, but it was a relief not to have to worry about her ceremony. To not worry about starting warrior life yet. Because the thought of meeting another eagle was enough to keep her in the nursery forever. Besides, the medicine den was so interesting. All those herbs that did all those wonderful things. Dovesight's job was an important one, as it saved her life.

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 9 Aug 2022 - 14:49

"Well, not if you don't want to."

She was a little offput by Sandykit's question, not sure if she actually wanted to or not. And she also realized she had no idea how to go about asking the kit. She needed to choose her words carefully.

"Your mother and I were talking, and, well..."

This was going to be harder than she thought.

"Let me tell you a little story. Did you know that I used to be a warrior? I knew how to hunt, and I could fight, I even trained Grebedance when she was an apprentice. But a lot of bad things happened, and I was scared. Being a warrior, rushing into battle, it terrified me. Just like it scares you. I learned that I wasn't meant to be a warrior, and your mother actually helped me find my true calling as a medicine cat. Where I am able to serve my Clan without doing all of those things that scared me for so long.

You and I are a lot alike, you know, Sandykit. And I think, well, maybe the reason you are scared is because, like me, warrior life just isn't for you. If you are interested, I think I would like to take you on as my apprentice."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 9 Aug 2022 - 16:56

Sandykit
Nursery

Sandykit sat up more properly,
her ears leaning to the side in confusion. She wasn’t sure what her aunt was trying to tell her, but she listened patiently. Dovesight told the story of how she became the medicine cat, and that she used to be a warrior. And the older molly was right, warrior duties terrified her. All those territory battles and fending off predators, it sounded so deadly. She wished she’d never have to be a warrior.

“I learned that I wasn't meant to be a warrior, and your mother actually helped me find my true calling as a medicine cat. Where I am able to serve my Clan without doing all of those things that scared me for so long. You and I are a lot alike, you know, Sandykit. And I think, well, maybe the reason you are scared is because, like me, warrior life just isn't for you. If you are interested, I think I would like to take you on as my apprentice.”

She grinned. How did she never think of that? It was the perfect answer! Relief washed through her body, melting away her worries. “Yes!” she yipped before relaxing her tone, “Yes please.” She was excited. Examples of what this meant for her ran through her mind. No patrols, no predators, and no eagles! I can help my siblings when they get hurt or sick, I can be an apprentice without the danger, and I can still help my clan! I can save cats lives like mine and Wooly’s were.

“Medicine cats are awesome,”
she purred, pressing her head against her aunt's chest, “Thank you.”

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 9 Aug 2022 - 19:34

Sandykit was so eager to accept Dovesight's offer, quickly embracing her with glee, to which Dovesight wrapped her paw around in turn. And while on the outside, she seemed affectionate, her mind was racing, knowing all too well what the kits was thinking. It was just as she said, they were a lot alike, those were things Dovesight had thought herself. That being a medicine cat was a way out, if you didn't fight then you wouldn't get hurt. She wanted to tell her niece, warn her of what would come. How she would lose cats, and the pain would be sharper than a million thorns in her heart.

But Sandykit seemed so happy. She couldn't bring herself to ruin that. And it almost made her want to cry, the only thing holding her back was the fact that she wouldn't want Sandykit to see. So she put on a brave face and smiled.

"Well come on then, let's go make it official."

The trek to the Moonstone was not much different than any other time she had gone. Luckily Sandykit was older than other kits, so she would be able to handle the journey as well as any apprentice she took in the past. Having arrived at the glowing stone, Dovesight began to speak.

"Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. She has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan in accordance with your will. Sandykit, from this day forward, until you earn your medicine cat name, you will be known as Sandypaw."

She touched her nose to Sandypaw's, hoping that she couldn't feel her shaking. Silently, she vowed to protect her apprentice as long as she lived. Be a shield from the pain she herself had no protection from.

"Go ahead and touch your nose to it now. I'm sure StarClan will want to meet you officially."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyTue 9 Aug 2022 - 20:57

Sandypaw
Moonstone

Sandykit gazed at the large, sparkling stone in awe.
She understood the name, for the moon-like glow was certainly title worthy. This crystal was the connection to them and Starclan. This was important. The she-cat stiffened, ridding the amazed stare for a more polite, impressed watch. Her anxiety creeped up her spine, whispering her usual worries of messing up terribly. With her tail quietly fidgeting, she listened to Dovesight’s words.

And with that she was Sandypaw, official medicine cat apprentice. She touched her nose to her mentor’s, trying to stable her shaky nerves. Am I really up for this? she gulped. Moving towards the shining stone, Starclan's light reflected in her grassy eyes. Sandypaw settled down nervously. Dovesight did it, so can you. She took a deep breath as a final attempt for calm, then let herself enter Starclan.

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

PostSubject: Re: Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 10 Aug 2022 - 1:27

Spiderquill watched with bat-like ears pricked up as Sandykit appeared in StarClan. He had to admit, he was a little bit more nervous than he usually was meeting living cats. This wasn't any old Moonstone, this was a medicine cat apprentice ceremony! Sandykit would remember this for her whole life. He shuffled on the spot for a moment, stalling. Taking a deep breath, he smiled warmly and approached the she-cat. "Welcome, Sandykit! I'm Spiderquill- or Dennis, if you'd prefer. It's shorter." He purred, remembering how his sisters would always call him Dennis. He'd gotten his memories back in StarClan, but the name still held special meaning to him. "I was RiverClan's medicine cat, many moons ago. Your... Great great grandmother was my mother! I started as a kit, just like you did. Warriorhood just wasn't an option in my mind, I'm guessing it was the same for you?"
He sat down with a knowing half-smile. Maybe this wouldn't be as daunting as he thought. "I had two apprentices, in my time. There's a lot of things I failed to teach them, and I hope to impart them in you instead." His smile faded a little, remembering Cloverheart with a pang in his chest. "T-the most important thing, I think, is to keep good relations with your fellow medicine cats. My apprentice Cloverheart and I... We didn't do well in that regard. It led to Cloverheart's death, in the end." He looked away sadly, then suddenly remembered he was talking to a kit and not some wistful elder. "Ah! But the medicine cats are usually very nice. I had a very close friend who was the medicine cat of WindClan. I'm making it seem horrible, aren't I... I promise you've made the right choice! It's a very rewarding role for the right cat, and I agree with Dovesight that you are the right cat." He hoped he hadn't discouraged the young she-cat. This was her first ever encounter with StarClan and here he was, rambling.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyThu 11 Aug 2022 - 13:51

Sandypaw
Starclan Territory

There she was, in Starclan.
She didn’t know what she had been expecting, but the place was very intriguing. So many question came to mind, but none she was willing to ask. The she-cat cleared her throat, composing herself in the most polite and orderly posture she could imagine. She couldn’t mess this up.

Then a cat approached her, his pelt like stars and his ears like a bat’s. His name was as odd as his ears, Spiderquill. She thought it was a pretty cool name actually. Though Dennis was even odder. Wasn’t that a loner name? “Nice to meet you Spiderquill- er, Dennis,” she said to her.. she didn't quite know the word, but it was some sort of relative.

“I started as a kit, just like you did. Warriorhood just wasn't an option in my mind, I'm guessing it was the same for you?” She simply nodded, continuing to listen to the former medicine cat. Make friends, got it. I can do that I think. Right? Oh what if they don't like me…

Spiderquill had finished. “You really think so? I’m afraid I’ll do something wrong.”

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Sandykit's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1