Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ebonyhaze's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2485

Ebonyhaze's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Ebonyhaze's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Ebonyhaze's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 14:29

It had been tempting, to break away from the patrol early and finally, finally return home. The thought nagged at the back of Cloverheart's mind their entire journey back, brewing quietly between the darker thoughts that clouded their mind. But even as they passed the borders that would have lead home, she couldn't convince herself to find the river and follow it back to camp; not just yet. A more persistent thought nagged at her, filling her paws witha burning energy– or maybe it was just the burn of pain from all their recent hiking.

Either way.

Briefly, they stopped at Fourtrees as the rest of the patrol vanished to their respective territories, leaving the medicine cat alone with her dark-furred companion. She gave him a pitying look, tightened her jaws around the coneflower, and flicked her tail for him to follow.

By the time they reached Highstones, the sun was low, giving way to the rich dark cover of night. Cloverheart's breath rattled through her chest, and every step shot through her like lightning, making her wince and hiss around the flower stem. This was, probably, the worst idea she'd ever had. Exhaustion tugged at her limbs, and a proper, warm nest sounded much more enjoyable than taking the idiotic plunge into Mothermouth.

But then she looked at Ebonyhaze, and recalled what had driven her here in the first place. She set down the flower and gathered her breath.

"Sorry, to drag you all the way out here like this. I'm going to be blunt about why: I think you would make a perfect medicine cat, Ebonyhaze. I want to take you to the Moonstone to be judged before StarClan, and I want to take you into my den as an apprentice." Her tail twitched, and a wry laugh escaped her. "I guess I should have asked before we both crawled out here. I know we're tired, but this felt... urgent. What do you say? You would be fine for the job, if you choose to take it."
Back to top Go down
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Characters : [B]oarpaw, [S]piderpaw, [O]leanderkit
Clan/Rank : [B] Shadowclan Apprentice, [S] Windclan Apprentice, [O] RiverclanKit
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 563

PostSubject: Re: Ebonyhaze's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Ebonyhaze's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 18:30

Ebonyhaze happily trotted behind his companion, still mentally behind back at the twoleg place. Such a tiny little flower, not even in its prime, could help so many cats. How amazing! He always felt a bit of a thrill when watching Cloverheart in the medicine den, but going on an adventure to find a new plant made him feel like a kit again.

Though, as they reached Fourtrees, it seemed their journey was not over. He tilted his head at the strange look she gave him, but did not question when she motioned him to follow. Cloverheart had wandered off once during their journey for the coneflower, perhaps there was something else she had to do?

He kept his questions within him as they followed a similar trek to the one he had as an apprentice, a sense of nostalgia washing over him as familiar sights passed by. However, there was also a twinge of worry. Cloverheart looked in pain and fatigued, and a part of him wanted to urge her that whatever was needed could wait until she was rested. He kept his mouth shut though, only offering anxious glances whenever she hissed in discomfort as they made their way to Mothermouth. It seemed like some important medicine cat duty had to be done if they were going to the moonstone...

Then Cloverheart had to speak, and Ebonyhaze's face remained blank as his brain refused to comprehend her words as they fell from their maw. "Pardon?" he murmured, but slowly his mind was unraveling and catching on. Her words weren't a puzzle, but the bluntness and sudden drop onto his shoulders made it seem like he was missing something. he was sure he had missed a word and misconstrued her statement, but no, as it played over again in his head he had gotten it right.

"I mean- Of course! I would be so honored. I would be lying if I said I never thought about asking you myself but I wasn't sure if..." If you'd want me, or if cats could even ask for that. His thoughts filled in where his verbal word could not. "Thank you, I would love the opportunity to work under you."

Boarpaw | Shadowclan Apprentice | 20 HP / 60 SP | #990000
Oleanderkit | Riverclan Kit | 10 HP / 30 SP | #669933
Spiderpaw | Windclan Apprentice | 20 HP / 60 SP | #0883D4
Plotting Page | Art Emporium | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2485

PostSubject: Re: Ebonyhaze's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Ebonyhaze's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022 - 3:33

A laugh echoed against the cold air when Ebonyhaze initially balked, short but warm and genuine. Once he recovered, though, he confirmed that he'd wanted this, too. "Perfect. I knew you were the right cat. You should've just asked!" Cloverheart purred, genuine excitement in her tired mew. "Though... well, I guess that would've been a little inconvenient all the way in Twolegplace, huh? Ah, either way. You know the drill! You've already done this once, but still, be careful. The path will be muscle memory for you soon enough." The medicine cat bowed her head respectfully, then stooped to pick up their new flower and turned, sweeping into the dark entrance of Mothermouth.

It wasn't long before the Moonstone's light came into view, and as the pair padded into the cavern, Cloverheart wasted no time in settling at your usual spot. Again– and more than a little carelessly– she dropped the coneflower to nod towards the space next to her before turning her attention toward the opening in the cave's ceiling, watching the sky as stars winked to life. A chilled draft rushed through the dark space, and at that moment, Cloverheart realized she wasn't entirely sure what she was meant to say here.

Her ears lowered, and she pressed the recesses of memory for her own ceremony. The whole affair was foggy– she could remember the Moonstone and the dazzling light of seeing StarClan for the first time. And a voice echoed against her head, familiar but warped, distant. Who took me here? Was it Ivystar? Or– She couldn't fill in the gap for a name. With a sigh, she shook out her fur and took a breath to steady herself. The words don't need to be perfect. I just have to say... something.

"StarClan! I've... brought this warrior with me tonight, to be judged before you. Ebonyhaze has accepted the mantle of medicine cat, and it is time for him to officially become my apprentice, should you accept him. For now, he will continue to be known as Ebonyhaze."
Cloverheart bit at her own tongue, dimly aware of the striking informality of her words, but just turned to Ebonyhaze with a grin. StarClan would have to take him. Even if they didn't, she would just carry on training him anyway. In a softer tone, she whispered, "You know the idea. Settle in and touch your nose to the stone. They'll find you, I promise. And I'll be right here, too. I'm looking forward to this."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
MediocreCrisis

MediocreCrisis

Characters : [B]oarpaw, [S]piderpaw, [O]leanderkit
Clan/Rank : [B] Shadowclan Apprentice, [S] Windclan Apprentice, [O] RiverclanKit
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 563

PostSubject: Re: Ebonyhaze's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Ebonyhaze's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony EmptySun 6 Mar 2022 - 17:21

Ebonyhaze followed the shecat down into the depths of the cave, feeling alight with excitement and nervousness as they traveled a faintly familiar path before reaching the moonstone. It glowed with a brilliant light, as clear and beautiful as the first time he saw it as an apprentice. He hoped that no matter how many times he visited he wouldn't lose the overwhelming sense of awe he felt standing before it.

Cloverheart addressed Starclan, and when she prompted him to, he pressed his nose to the stone and allowed himself to drift off. When he blinked himself awake once more, he found himself not in the cave, but the stary setting of Starclan. The tall grasses and the beautiful landscape were unmistakable. He smiled faintly to himself, but his attention was drawn away from the scenery as a stary cat stepped into his field of view, a cat he didn't recognize but could assume to be a past riverclan cat by their sleek fur and lean physic.

"Ebonyhaze, Is it true you wish to become a medicine cat? To follow our code and protect your clan from illness and injury?" The cat spoke formally, but it was stiff, clearly unnatural on their tongue but perhaps they felt the need to uphold the standards that most assumed Starclan to be.

"I do, I promise." Ebonyhaze confirmed, and the Starclan cat continued. "Then let it be so. We trust you will become a strong medicine cat in time. Listen well to your training, you will have a lot to learn when you return home." The cat finished, curt and short, only hesitating a moment before turning back to flee out of sight. It felt a bit impersonal, but frankly his residual thrill of being a medicine cat was more than enough to make up for it. Soon, the scenery started to fade, darkening and darkening until, after a blink, it was gone and he was back in the cave.

Boarpaw | Shadowclan Apprentice | 20 HP / 60 SP | #990000
Oleanderkit | Riverclan Kit | 10 HP / 30 SP | #669933
Spiderpaw | Windclan Apprentice | 20 HP / 60 SP | #0883D4
Plotting Page | Art Emporium | Character Profiles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebonyhaze's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony   Ebonyhaze's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Ebonyhaze's Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony
Page 1 of 1