Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Balancing Acts [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1017

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptyMon 8 Aug 2022 - 13:40

Stormdance

Stormdance went out by himself for a hunt. He just really needed the time to clear his head. It wasn’t that anything was wrong, persay, but there were a few things on his mind, and sometimes Stormdance thought best when he had the time by himself to sort through his feelings for a while. He wanted to be productive for his clan while he did so, so he fell into the easy, familiar motions of quietly padding through the territory, ears pricked for signs of small prey scurrying about. He didn’t feel like dealing with the river, even with the greenleaf heat. The rains have the water higher than his nerves could handle at the moment.

His mind bounced between various subjects as he slipped through the underbrush, paws falling silently. He thought about Woolywing. He seemed to be doing well as a warrior now, but Stormdance couldn’t help but play the aftermath of the encounter with the fox or the eagle over and over in his mind. And the fact that he wasn’t there to stop either event. He could admit that there maybe wasn’t much he could’ve done for the eagle, considering it broke into the Riverclan camp, and he couldn’t have been with his apprentice at all times. (He’s pretty sure Woolywing would’ve gone insane if he tried.) But the fox..?

If he had just emphasized the danger well enough, or made sure Woolwing knew to talk to him first before trying to leave camp, or… But he hadn’t done any of that, and both Woolywing and Yarrowblossom had gotten severely injured. They almost certainly would’ve died if it hadn’t been for Perchstar’s timely intervention. Maybe if he had noticed that they were missing sooner… Stormdance couldn’t even tell if it was reasonable to be feeling such guilt over the matter. No one seemed to blame him, and it wasn’t like Stormdance would ever dream of blaming Owlshriek for his apprentice's actions, and it was moons ago, so why Stormdance was still so hung up on it was beyond even him.

His mind drifted to his current apprentice, and he heaved a quiet sigh. He knew that his anxieties over what happened to Woolywing were bleeding into how he was treating Rowanpaw, making him more protective over the young tom. But in his defense, Rowanpaw could be reckless. And stubborn. There were times where Stormdance wondered if Rowanpaw was listening to him at all, which only worried him more. He didn’t want to fail Rowanpaw, too. Despite how often he and his apprentice butted heads, he did truly care for Rowanpaw. He just didn’t know how to help him see that.

Stormdance is knocked out of his spiraling thoughts by the sound of a branch cracking underfoot. His ears pricked up at the noise and he crouched down instinctively, tensing up a bit as he sniffed the air to ascertain the source of the noise. When he determined it to be of Riverclan, he relaxed again and moved forward, curious to see if a patrol was passing by.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptyWed 10 Aug 2022 - 4:09

Stars, finally, there were no cats to breathe down his neck for once. Rowanpaw– with his infinite wisdom, he thought proudly to himself –had managed to slip outside of camp without Sprucepaw dragging him back by the tail, or Stormdance around to worry over every step he took... or Poppyshine, though he didn't want to dwell on that. She was the one cat he cared if he upset, and he could only imagine her reaction to hearing about his adventure. But she wasn't here right now; there was just the bright sun, warm air, and a wealth of opportunity.

Bouncing on his pads, Rowanpaw skipped through the grasses, reveling in his freedom. There was so much to do out here. He could practice his hunting, or go sniffing around for predators– dragging a weasel back to camp he'd beaten single-pawed was sure to earn him some renown –or he could go stick his nose around their borders, and see what other cats were out and about, or... Rowanpaw slowed, letting his paws sink into the damp grass. It was such a nice day, and really, too hot to do much work, anyway. No one could fault him for just enjoying a nice, peaceful walk.

Oblivious to his own clumsy paws, Rowanpaw paid no mind to the crackling of sticks as he marched right over them. A quick inhale proved that there were no predators around to drag him off to their dens; though, it did bring the familiar scent of his Clanmates, fresher than the lingering scent of patrols that had gone through. Ears lowering, the ruddy apprentice stopped hard in his tracks, looking over his shoulder to scan the scenery. Nothing immediately jumped out at him, so he started to relax; and then, as if sensing the ease in his thoughts, the grass parted and one particularly nosy mentor stepped forward. It seemed like Stormdance was interested in something else, or he just hadn't noticed his apprentice yet, or just hadn't had time to react– well, he was going to have something to react to.

Rather than finding a shrub or particularly tall clump of grasses to dive into and hide, the apprentice spun fully on his pads, rich green eyes laser-focused on the dark tabby. If he hadn't been noticed already, he would make himself known now. "No!" He shouted as he spun around, ears pressed low to his head and whiskers trembling with frustration. "What are you doing out here? Are you following me?" His harsh mew was as accusatory as it was strained with dismay. He'd just wanted a moment alone! Just a minute to explore and be by himself without fretful warriors shepherding him left and right. And yet, Stormdance had shown up anyway. He'd been so careful not to be followed, too... Rowanpaw's tail flickered stiffly to and fro. "Can't you patrol anywhere else? Must you stalk me wherever I go?"
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptyThu 11 Aug 2022 - 1:41

Stormdance

…Oh, you have got to be kidding.

Stormdance’s eyes widened as he recognized Rowanpaw in front of him, mouth opening to say something, perhaps to ask if Rowanpaw was actually out with a patrol that was nearby, but Rowanpaw beat him to the punch. The young tom's words confirmed that he was certainly not out here with permission. Stormdance’s ears laid flat as he listened to his apprentice's accusatory shouts, and his own tail began to thrash. His eyes narrowed until they were thin slits of blue, emotions varying wildly from concern, to guilt, to anger.

“No, I’m not following you!”
Stormdance snaps, unable to keep his tone in check. “Don’t you think I have better things to do than watch you wherever you go?” His voice comes out in a low hiss, rather than raising. “You’re simply making enough noise prancing about to make your presence known to anyone even remotely close by.”

Stormdance shut his eyes, taking in a slow breath and trying to reign in his temper to no avail. “What were you thinking ? Surely you remember what happened to Woolywing and Yarrowblossom! I thought I could trust you to be responsible enough not to leave camp unsupervised, but clearly that was a mistake.”

“I just- You could’ve gotten hurt!” Fox dung. Stormdance’s ‘tough mentor’ exterior cracked a bit along with his voice. He’s always been an angry crier. He growled under his breath, looking away from his apprentice as he once again tried to calm himself down.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptySat 13 Aug 2022 - 20:51

For all he'd put his mentor through, Rowanpaw couldn't think of a time he'd made his mentor seem angry. Cross, sure; frustrated, most certainly; concerned, absolutely. But truly, properly angry?

The young tom stilled, his fur stiffening until it stood straight all along the length of his spine. He wasn't sure whether the shot of adrenaline that went through him was from fear or thrill. Stormdance had the potential to put him at serious risk if he turned around to tell Poppyshine or Perchstar. On the other paw– he had earned a reaction. He wanted to dig into that, see how much he could get out of the darker tom.

To think, Stormdance had the nerve to stalk him on his private venture, then get so heated when he was called out on it! Rowanpaw bristled further, until all his fur stood on end and he'd swelled to twice his size.

"In case you haven't noticed, I am not Woolywing, nor am I Yarrowblossom. I am competent where they were not." Rowanpaw hissed back. His voice had lost the high strain to it, though it still simmered with frustration and dismay. That pair of then-apprentices were fools in their own right, they had gone out looking for the fox, he was sure of it. At least he was keen enough not to go searching for predators– though he was sure he could handle it if one came.

With an irritated huff, he turned on his pads, pacing around his mentor in a tight circle. [color=darkorchid]"You worry far too much. There is more between my ears than mud and scales. What am I meant to do, anyway? Would you like me to stare at the same reed-wall I've looked at for my whole life? Venture down to the broken pools? Oh– or is that too daring for you?" Rowanpaw was properly spitting now, ire in every syllable. "Honestly, Stormdance. How do you expect me to learn, if not by doing?"

There, Rowanpaw ceased his marching, and he looked briefly hurt before the irritation returned to his expression. "Here I am, attempting to become a good warrior, and yet I am in trouble regardless. Doomed if I do, doomed if I do not." He hissed, spat, and raked claws through the earth, tearing at the soil. "You only choose not to trust me. There is not a hair out of place on my pelt, and there never has been. I have done everything right, and still you fault me. Perhaps you just have some grudge against me. Is that it, then? Perhaps you'd like to see some beast run for us right now, if only to prove yourself right."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptySun 14 Aug 2022 - 0:49

Stormdance

Stormdance’s anger mounted as his apprentice spoke. He watched as Rowanpaw circled him, his tail puffing up and swishing back and forth. His eyes flashed, stormy blue glaring down into forest green as Rowanpaw came to a stop. “I think there must be only mud and scales between your ears!” He snapped as soon as Rowanpaw finished. “Because clearly you cannot listen to a word I say! That is, quite literally, the exact opposite of what I want.”

“Do you think you are better than every apprentice before you? Do you think that you’re invincible, that nothing can hurt you? I expect you to learn by listening , Rowanpaw! What do you think your mentor is here for if not to teach you?!” Stormdance huffed and shook his head. “But I’m sorry- I forgot, apparently I’m just a petty fool who wants to ruin your life.” There was a look of hurt that briefly passed over Stormdance’s face as well.

“Stars above, Rowanpaw, I know you aren’t stupid, so why must you act like you are so frequently?” Stormdance growled. “Well, I’ve had enough. You and I are going to go back to camp and we are going to discuss this little habit you have of sneaking off with Perchstar. Maybe you’ll listen to her--” Suddenly Stormdance stopped, ears perking up as a sound caught his attention.

There was a snap of branches and reeds, not too dissimilar from the one that had alerted him to Rowanpaw’s presence earlier, and an acrid scent that filled the air. Before either Stormdance or Rowanpaw had much chance to react to it, there was a flash of orange fur and suddenly sharp teeth had clamped down on the back of Rowanpaw’s neck. The fox, which had been drawn by the sound of their bickering, growled as it carelessly lifted and shook the young tom, tossing him aside.

“ROWANPAW-!” The strangled yell left Stormdance’s throat immediately, and then he was moving before he could think. He threw himself forward, clamping his teeth down on the fox’s tail as hard as he could and yanking it, practically dragging it away from his apprentice and to the ground. As the fox fell, Stormdance let go of its tail so he could run forward, throwing himself between the fox and Rowanpaw, determined not to let it get near him again. He glanced back just long enough to make sure Rowanpaw was still breathing-thank the stars that he was-and called over his shoulder, “Stay back!”

Please, just this once, let Rowanpaw listen to him.

A fox has appeared! It used Thrash on Rowanpaw, dealing -10 HP and costing -15 SP and stunning Rowanpaw for 1 turn
Stormdance used Tail Yank on the fox, dealing -8 HP and costing -15 SP and stunning the fox for 1 turn.

Fox [STUNNED]
52/60 HP
165/180 SP

Rowanpaw [STUNNED]
10/20 HP
60/60 HP

Stormdance
40/40 HP
85/100 SP

Last edited by lostfanboy on Sun 14 Aug 2022 - 0:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptySun 14 Aug 2022 - 0:49

The member 'lostfanboy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

Balancing Acts [c] Mistpe10
Balancing Acts [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022 - 2:59

Stormdance ranted and raved in turn, and Rowanpaw hissed quietly back at him as his mentor drolled on and on. He was patient enough to wait his turn to speak but stars above, it was hard not to cut through with his own snappy remarks. His jaw parted briefly, ready to insist that he was smarter, that he was better, untouchable compared to the others, but he was beat by the spill of words from Stormdance. The darker tom spat something about ruining his life, and almost, Rowanpaw hissed an agreement; instead, he only twitched his whiskers, narrowing his eyes to stare hard and furious against the pained look that briefly overtook his mentor's anger.

A scent he didn't recognize hit his nose, but the ruddy tom barely acknowledged it. There were still threats being made against him, promises of going back to camp and dragging him kicking and screaming to Perchstar for assessment. That was of far greater concern to him– Rowanpaw refused to be brought before Perchstar, to risk being stripped of his rank. He would not be made into a kit again, nor expected to act like one, especially not with his siblings fast approaching their warrior ceremonies. Again, he wanted to spit, but he'd been interrupted– though this time, it wasn't Stormdance who cut him off.

The stench that had permeated the air grew suddenly stronger, enough to finally draw Rowanpaw's interest. And with it came the sound of pawsteps heavier than any cat he knew; light enough that for a moment, he could have fooled himself into thinking it was just the scattered steps of a passing patrol, but something instinctual told him that was wrong. Wrong, and dangerous to think, as well. Branches crackled, and slowly, Rowanpaw turned, staring into the distance with narrowed eyes. Before he could really take anything in, a streak of russet fur– almost like his own, the thought flashed through briefly –bolted into view. And–

Rowanpaw screeched, paws flailing as he was lifted off the ground. Pain radiated from his neck, sharp and hot, and the apprentice yowled louder when the pressure grew tighter. While he hung, his vision swam, spotty with fear and pain. Was Stormdance still there? Or had his mentor turned and fled in an instant? Despite himself, and despite their arguing, Rowanpaw found himself desperately wishing the dark tom had not disappeared in his haze. He was being thrashed around, he could feel his spine being jolted side to side. Dimly, he wondered if it was how mice felt when cat's paws came down on them.

And then he wasn't hanging anymore. Just as quickly as he'd been snatched off the ground, the teeth that bore against his neck released. But he wasn't back on the earth; there was no soft grass underpaw. With a pounding heart, Rowanpaw realized he was... flying? He was flying, suspended above ground. It couldn't have been for more than a second, maybe two, but it felt like he could feel everything as if the moment stretched on for hours. The wind that cut through his fur from the swiftness of his flight; the way his legs flailed gracelessly, seeking something stable to connect with; the pain, now dulled, that radiated out from his neck; most of all, he felt it when he landed again, his shoulder connecting with the earth first. With a dull thud, he rolled, groaning, through the grass.

Through the fog of shock and pain, he heard his name. Rowanpaw lifted his head, wincing at the way his muscles protested from the slight action, and realized he could properly see again. The thing that attacked them– it'd been a fox, he could reason that much, even if he'd yet to see one. It was snarling and spitting, and looming right over him. Heart pounding, Rowanpaw felt his blood run cold. He'd been hurt– he could die. Panic surged through him, and he was about to force himself to his paws and try to scramble away, but in the same beat the creature was ripped away from him with a yelp of its own. Stormdance was dragging it around by the tail, pulling them apart, and leaping to stand between him and the fox.

"Stormdance." Rowanpaw hardly breathed the word, his voice soft and trembling– and awed. So his mentor had stayed. Not only stayed, but threw himself forward fangs first in defense. Shrinking back, Rowanpaw made no motion to disobey, curling against the grass with a low hiss of pain and wide, unblinking eyes.

Rowanpaw is stunned for this turn.

Rowanpaw [stunned]

10/20 HP
60/60 SP

Stormdance
40/40 HP
85/100 SP

Fox [stunned]
52/60 HP
165/180 SP

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 18:56

Stormdance

Every bone in Stormdance’s body wanted to run to his apprentice. He couldn’t stand seeing Rowanpaw hurt and bleeding. He would take Rowanpaw digging his claws into the ground as he argued with Stormdance, or running off ahead of him to do something Stormdance expressly told him not to do, or anything other than seeing Rowanpaw hurt like this. Stars there was so much blood already, blending in and mixing with Rowanpaw’s orange fur. But Stormdance knew better, and he dragged his eyes away quickly to focus back on the threat in front of him.

The fox was still stunned, blinking hazedly as it started to get back to its feet, shaking its large head and making a short yipping noise. Stormdance didn’t give it a chance to move towards them, however, growling low in his throat defensively before launching forward and slicing his claws down the fox’s chest, feeling a hot rush of satisfaction as he drew blood and ripped out clumps of fur.

He was not letting the fox near Rowanpaw again. He repeated that thought like a mantra in his head. Stormdance’s ears laid flat on his head, heartbeat roaring in his ears. He would not let Rowanpaw down like he had Woolywing. He just needed to drive the fox back long enough to be able to get Rowanpaw out of here and back to camp. All he could do was focus on his training and the threat in front of him, and pray that Starclan would guide his claws.

Stormdance used Front Paw Strike on the fox, doing -8 HP and costing -7 HP

Fox [STUNNED]
44/60 HP
165/180 SP

Rowanpaw
10/20 HP
60/60 HP

Stormdance
40/40 HP
78/100 SP

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptySat 20 Aug 2022 - 10:18

Laying on the ground, all Rowanpaw could think about was his injury. It was mild– he thought so, he'd survived it, at least –but even if it wasn't grievous, he could still hear the unsteady beating of his heart as it throbbed into his neck. Could feel it, too, the blood congealing in his fur with every pulse, thick and hot and sticking.

More than that, he'd been injured. Not just swatted on the nose, cuffed or nipped too hard by his siblings... truly and remarkably hurt. He was bleeding.

The thought chilled him, horribly. If it weren't for the wetness in his scruff, or the way his muscles protested when he shoved himself to his paws, he would have convinced himself it hadn't happened at all. He was supposed to be indestructible, supposed to be better.

Shaking his head to clear the last wisps of fog clouding his mind, Rowanpaw wavered on his feet, figuring out his balance against the soreness. As he stood, Stormdance lurched away from him, closer to the fox. His dark claws glinted in the sunlight, flashing as they raked through russet fur and came away coated in blood. He had never thought Stormdance a particularly violent cat, or even fierce... but watching the dark tom stare down the canine, fur raised and a deep growl rumbling out of his throat, Rowanpaw realized he'd certainly earned his rank as a warrior.

As capable as he was though, he'd put himself right in front of the canine's teeth. Something stirred in the apprentice's chest as he watched, and before he realized it, his paws were carrying him forward. He'd wanted to obey for once, he really had, but the cold sense of worry in his heart propelled him forward despite himself.

"Stormdance, wait!" Rowanpaw cried as he stumble-lurched into the fray. It was exceedingly obvious he hadn't been in a proper fight before by the way his paws briefly raised, unsteady, and he floundered about midstep. Then, deciding he had no more time to think, he ducked his head and threw himself skull-first into the fox's flank. It was enough to make the beast yip in alarm– and hopefully, pain –and whirl on him with fangs bared. Shrinking, Rowanpaw spat back at it and skipped away, ducking back behind his mentor.

"Do not fight without me," he murmured as he drew close again. There was a slight tremor to his voice, and what had been meant as a command came out more as a plea, desperate and afraid.

Rowanpaw is no longer stunned!
Rowanpaw used Headbutt, dealing 4 damage and costing 5 SP.

Rowanpaw

10/20 HP
55/60 (-5) SP

Fox
40/60 (-4) HP
165/180 SP

Stormdance
40/40 HP
78/100 SP
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptySun 21 Aug 2022 - 12:39

Stormdance

“Rowanpaw-!” The cry that left Stormdance’s throat at the sight of his apprentice rushing forward was panicked. He let out a sigh of relief when Rowanpaw skipped backwards again, his eyes quickly shifting back to the fox once he confirmed Rowanpaw was relatively safe. Something about the tone of Rowanpaw’s voice, so soft and pleading, made Stormdance’s chest squeeze, and he said, “Fine. Just… stay behind me.”

As much as he wanted to continue protecting Rowanpaw, he knew that it wasn’t likely he’d be able to win this fight on his own. And they didn’t have the time to argue about it, not now. Rowanpaw was still a capable apprentice. This was not an opponent he should have to face, but Stormdance had trained him, hopefully well, even if he was terribly inexperienced for this kind of a fight.

The fox snarled after Rowanpaw, shaking its head to fully clear it before moving forward towards them both again. As it did so Stormdance lurched forward with a hiss, clamping his teeth down onto the fox’s shoulder and yanking as he pulled back, drawing more blood and fur from the fox as well as a short cry of pain.

The fox, angered now, moved after Stormdance before he could fully duck out of its range. The fox’s sharp teeth found purchase on one of Stormdance’s legs. It was Stormdance’s turn to scream in pain, the fox yanking him forward as it clamped its jaw down with a sickening crunch and fresh blood quickly splattering over Stormdance.

Pain like nothing Stormdance had ever felt before raced up his limbs, leaving his mind blank for a moment. It took him a moment to even have enough presence of mind to try and get free, his weak struggles enough to get the fox to let go and pull back with blood dripping from its mouth.

Stormdance used Snap, dealing -8 damage and costing -7 SP!
The fox used Iron Bite, dealing -17 damage and costing -30 SP!

Fox
32/60 HP (-8)
135/180 SP (-30)

Rowanpaw
10/20 HP
55/60 SP

Stormdance
23/40 HP (-17)
71/100 SP (-7)

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptyThu 25 Aug 2022 - 19:27

Relief washed over Rowanpaw when his mentor softly agreed to let him fight. He'd been very aware of the fact Stormdance could have sent him away, ordered him to stay back– or worse, to flee entirely. Even if he'd been ordered to do otherwise, he was determined to stand his ground against the beast. Inexperienced and afraid as he was, he was not the type to run.

The fox stepped closer, spitting dangerously, and Stormdance darted forward in an instant. Everything happened fast, faster almost than Rowanpaw could keep up with. The fox yelped as fur and flesh was torn from it, blood rising up to fill the sudden gap– then it was Stormdance screaming.

The noise shook him, froze him in place again. Whether things happened in too quick a blur for him to follow, or he'd screwed his eyes shut on instinct, he wasn't sure. One second, Stormdance was ducking away from the fox; then there was a snap, and the next, Rowanpaw watched as his mentor tumbled from between the fox's teeth, one of his legs soaked in thick blood. His chest tightened, pounding, and Rowanpaw darted forward to crouch at his mentor's side– not without a defensive hiss to the fox.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly as he approached, leaning over the injured leg. It looked like there were deep holes where teeth had just been, but if it was worse than that, Rowanpaw wouldn't have been able to tell. There was too much blood leaking from around the bite, and he knew little of injuries anyhow. Pressing the flat of his head against Stormdance's hip, the apprentice took in a soft breath, steadying himself. With his exhale, the fear at seeing the older tom dropped limply left, and in its place came surging anger.

Hopping over Stormdance to stand between him and the fox– the same way he'd done just moments ago –Rowanpaw let out a deep snarl, the most threatening sound he could manage. "You will not touch him again. He is mine to hurt, and mine only." He spat out, tail lashing. With that said and teeth snapping dangerously close, he sprang forward, bowling into the fox. It rolled, and Rowanpaw with it, until he was standing atop the beast with claws fixed to its shoulders.

Rowanpaw used Leap and Hold, dealing 6 damage and costing 15 SP. Fox is pinned for 2 turns.

Rowanpaw

10/20 HP
40/60 (-12) SP

Fox [pinned]
26/60 (-6) HP
135/180 SP

Stormdance
23/40 HP
71/100 SP

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!

Last edited by downfive on Thu 25 Aug 2022 - 19:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptyThu 25 Aug 2022 - 19:27

The member 'downfive' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Balancing Acts [c] Mistpe10
Balancing Acts [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptyFri 26 Aug 2022 - 0:12

Stormdance

Stormdance couldn’t muster up the energy to respond to Rowanpaw’s question. His head was spinning, and when he tried to put weight on the injured back leg, he nearly crumbled right back down onto the ground, having to lean on Rowanpaw to stay steady. He tried to speak, tried to reassure Rowanpaw. He could only manage a brief, comforting flick of his tail over Rowanpaw’s back as Rowanpaw pressed against him, trying to communicate without words that he was still there.

He needed to still be there. He couldn’t afford to give into this pain. Rowanpaw still needed him, he needed him and Stormdance couldn’t let him down. Stormdance could handle this pain, what he couldn’t handle is Rowanpaw being hurt further. He would never forgive himself. With a stubborn gritting of his teeth, Stormdance straightened himself out as much as he could, digging his claws into the ground for a moment.

It was within the next blink that Rowanpaw moved, moving to stand between Stormdance and the fox. Stormdance immediately opened his mouth, wanting to protest, but then Rowanpaw was moving again, and the words he said as he did so left Stormdance stunned. It was a strange feeling that squeezed his chest as he watched the blur of orange as the fox and Rowanpaw tumbled. Fear, affection, exasperation- and then when Rowanpaw successfully came out on top, pride.

Stormdance shook his head. The fight was not over, and Rowanpaw had given Stormdance an opening he wouldn't waste. He lurched himself forward, unsteady on his feet but adrenaline allowing him to keep moving despite the pain in his leg. Stormdance lifted his paw and raked his claws down the fox’s chest, aiming for its throat with a vicious snarl fueled by pain, anger, and fear. He intended to make sure the fox stayed down.

In the next second, he glanced up at Rowanpaw and said, “I thought I told you to stay behind me.” His voice was unsteady, voice raw from his scream, but a smile still worms its way onto his face as he prepared for another attack. “But good job.”

Stormdance used Front Paw Strike, dealing -8 damage and costing -7 SP!

Rowanpaw
10/20 HP
40/60 SP

Fox [pinned]
18/60 (-8) HP
135/180 SP

Stormdance
23/40 HP
64/100 (-7) SP

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptyFri 2 Sep 2022 - 11:03

To Rowanpaw's surprise, as he stood firmly atop the fox, holding it fast to the ground despite its writhing, Stormdance came quickly into view. He'd heard the scuffling of paws and quiet, pained hissing, vaguely seen Stormdance rise to his feet while he rolled with the fox... but somehow, he hadn't expected him to stumble forward, dragging his claws once more through the beast's chest. It'd earned a pained, distressed yelp, and blood welled against the wounds– some of it leaked onto Rowanpaw's paws where they slipped from its shoulders, and he grimaced at the way it stained the white fur.

"Your leg," he countered, green eyes flicking between the deep wound, to Stormdance's own blue eyes and back again. While he certainly appreciated the help, or his mentor's simple presence, he shouldn't be straining himself to fight a fox. Rowanpaw knew that much, even if he would have done the same. "I am... I'm surprised you're standing." His mew was weary, soft. Quickly, in a more brusque tone, he added, "Good, though. You are capable."

As he spoke, the fox started to wriggle again, claws scrabbling against the earth. Rowanpaw braced, ready to be thrown from its side, but the weight pushed against him felt like nearly nothing. The fight had exhausted their attacker as well, if its weakening struggles and– his ears twitched, listening closer –its wet, labored breathing. With a snort, Rowanpaw pressed his claws in harder, earning a thin yelp. When he spoke next, his words were gruff, but there was an undercurrent of warmth to them. "Were I to listen, I'm not so certain you would still have your leg. You should be grateful, that I am so willful and bold." For emphasis and arrogance, he put even more weight on. He was determined not to let the fox rise again.

Rowanpaw continued Leap and Hold, dealing 6 damage and costing 15 SP.
Fox remains pinned.

Rowanpaw

10/20 HP
25/60 (-15) SP

Fox [pinned]
12/60 (-6) HP
135/180 SP

Stormdance
23/40 HP
64/100 SP
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

Balancing Acts [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balancing Acts [c]   Balancing Acts [c] EmptySun 4 Sep 2022 - 21:30

Stormdance

Stormdance was caught between rolling his eyes and smiling at his apprentice’s comments, though he could muster up the energy for neither. “Mm, yes, very grateful.” He said instead, voice dripping with sarcasm, though an undercurrent of amusement and affection was present too.

He moved forward to deliver another finishing blow to the fox, but the fox had recognized its finite situation. With a snarl it suddenly moved as Stormdance moved towards it, bucking until it successfully dislodged and unbalanced Rowanpaw from on top of its shoulders. Stormdance swiped at it uselessly as Rowanpaw went down, trying to keep its focus on him, but the fox was angry, and recognized that it was pinned between the two of them-- and that Rowanpaw was the easier target.

As Rowanpaw rolled away, the fox leapt after him, grabbing a hold of his leg in its sharp teeth and once more lifting the apprentice up in its jaws. Instead of clamping down like it had with Stormdance, it did a vicious shake of its head, jostling Rowanpaw’s body like he was a toy, before tossing him aside carelessly.

Stormdance let out a strangled cry as Rowanpaw fell. The fox moved away, intending to flee, but Stormdance moved faster this time. For a moment, anger and panic on his apprentice’s behalf overtook him, overriding any pain he felt, and he launched forward, tackling the fox to the ground. With a vicious, angry snarl, he dug his claws in and leaned down, clamping his teeth down on the fox’s throat and ripping . A spurt of blood followed, painting Stormdance in it, and the fox let out a final, pained cry before it went limp beneath him.

Stormdance panted for a split second, then jumped off the fox’s corpse and ran to Rowanpaw, nuzzling him anxiously. “R-Rowanpaw? Rowanpaw! Talk to me!” He begged, frantically searching for signs of life. When he recognized that Rowanpaw was still breathing, he let out a broken sob of relief.

With a shuddered inhale, he reached down and gingerly clamped his jaws on an injured part of Rowanpaw’s scruff, lifting him up enough to drape him across Stormdance’s back. Once he had Rowanpaw situated and as secure as he could be with Stormdance feeling this unsteady, he nuzzled the apprentice’s paw worriedly as he whispered a hoarse, “I-It’s okay. I’m going to get you back to camp and to Do-Dovesight. Everything’s going to be j-just fine.”

He honestly didn’t know if Rowanpaw could even hear him anymore, and he wasn’t sure if he was saying that more for his sake or his own. But as he spoke, he forced himself to straighten up and begin the long, painful walk back to camp, moving as quickly as he could when his leg was screaming with pain with each movement.

The fox used Thrash on Rowanpaw, dealing -10 Damage and costing 15 SP! Rowanpaw has been K.O.ed!
Stormdance used Killing Strike on the fox, draining it of -12 HP and costing 10 SP! The fox is dead!
Stormdance and Rowanpaw have won, sort of! Yay…?

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP