Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Clear Sunny Day [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2952

A Clear Sunny Day [C] Empty
PostSubject: A Clear Sunny Day [C]   A Clear Sunny Day [C] EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 15:34

Poppyshine

Poppyshine had, admittedly, neglected in her duties as being mentor to Rainpaw. Due to kitting soon after assigning herself as Rainpaw’s mentor, along with caring for her kits and seeing them to apprenticehood—Poppyshine had been struggling to be a good deputy, let alone a good mentor. She wanted to change that, though. Since Sandykit was still healing up in the medicine den, and thus being carefully looked after, Poppyshine offered to take Rainpaw out for a more proper training session together.

“How have you been doing, Rainpaw?” Poppyshine asked with a smile as they walked along the river’s edge. She thought they could do some patrolling to stretch their legs before trying out hunting. “Things have been so busy for RiverClan lately. I hope that you’ve still gotten a chance to learn from the other warriors in our clan.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Characters : Basskit / Fuzzybelly
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 499

PostSubject: Re: A Clear Sunny Day [C]   A Clear Sunny Day [C] EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 16:01

Rainpaw couldn’t stop looking around. Sand under his feet made a small noise that he couldn’t ignore, the river making bubbling noises as it ran with the speed of WindClan. He made a shaky sigh as his mentor spoke to him.

To be completely honest, he didn’t attach himself to another mentor. He had spent most of his days swimming in the river and watching battle training. Rainpaw caught a fish once, but was too jittery to be consistent.

His tail flicked erratically as he glanced around. The noises were too much.

She stopped talking.

Fish scales.

What did she say?

Oh! Uh… uh. I’ve been swimming lots. It’s hot.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2952

PostSubject: Re: A Clear Sunny Day [C]   A Clear Sunny Day [C] EmptyThu 4 Aug 2022 - 11:17

Poppyshine

Poppyshine’s heart skipped a beat at the mention of swimming. She thought back to the raging river that she’d fallen into at Rainpaw’s age, and…and Pipitpaw who had fallen in as well. She hoped that the strain in her smile was not apparent. Mapleleaf had entrusted her children to her, and Poppyshine had not even been aware that Rainpaw had been spending time at the river.

“It is quite hot,” Poppyshine agreed. “I’m glad you enjoy swimming. I’m sure you’ve already seen how the fish swim through the currents, then. It’ll make teaching you how to hunt even easier.”

Speaking of…perhaps she should not delay the inevitable. As much as she hated the river, it was important that she teach her apprentice how to catch fish. She adjusted her walk and slowed along the river until she took a seat and gestured for Rainpaw to do the same.

Poppyshine explained, “Catching fish is quite simple. You keep still so the fish can’t sense you, and you wait until you see the glimmer of their scales—that means that they’re close to the water. Then you lash out with one claw and try to hook it so you kill them on impact.” She looked back to the river to demonstrate. She waited…waited…and striked.

[/b]

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT4 RiverClan
60HP/140SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Byrin

Byrin

Characters : Basskit / Fuzzybelly
Clan/Rank : ShadowClan T3 Medicine Cat / ShadowClan Kit / T1 Loner / WindClan Elder
Leo Dog
Number of posts : 499

PostSubject: Re: A Clear Sunny Day [C]   A Clear Sunny Day [C] EmptyThu 4 Aug 2022 - 12:29

Rainpaw drew shaky breaths as he sat next to the deputy. He sensed something was off, and he couldn’t place it, only making him more anxious.

Did I say something wrong?

Is she mad at me?

Did I do something wrong?

Am I going to be an apprentice forever because I did a bad thing?

He raised his own paw, mimicking her, his wrist trembling.

Shiny scales… shiny scales… I think I can manage that—

After her catch, the water splashed, choppy water spitting up at him. Then, as the water soothed itself, he spotted a long fish with the shiniest scales he ever saw.

Rainpaw felt himself wavering, his wrist shaking. A shaky exhale, barely audible, left him as he closed his eyes. Opening them again, he swung his paw with claws out, trying to scoop the fish out of the river.

He felt a snag and yanked his arm out of the water. The long fish he spotted kicked out of the water, landing next to him. It was either dead or stunned, but it was there. He had caught a fish.

I… I did it.

Last edited by Byrin on Thu 4 Aug 2022 - 12:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hunting dice success!)
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: A Clear Sunny Day [C]   A Clear Sunny Day [C] EmptyThu 4 Aug 2022 - 12:29

The member 'Byrin' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Clear Sunny Day [C]   A Clear Sunny Day [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Clear Sunny Day [C]
Page 1 of 1