Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySun 31 Jul 2022 - 15:05

Somehow, despite Cloverheart's untimely death and the lack of an official mentor from another Clan, Dovesight had managed to come into her own as a medicine cat. With a combination of guesswork, luck, conversations at Gatherings and help from StarClan, she had become-- if not a perfectly trained medicine cat-- at least an adequate one. Certainly good enough to rise beyond the moniker of "apprentice." After a conversation, Poppyshine and Perchstar had determined that it was time for their anxious former warrior to finally become a full medicine cat.

She'd had... what, one conversation with the cat? Maybe two? Perchstar was not very close to Dovesight, if only from the lack of adequate time to make a relationship with her. Being a leader was a full-time job; most communication between the high ranks had mostly been done through the far more cheerful and easy to befriend Poppyshine. But now, as the ceremony approached, Perchstar found herself wanting to be the one to do it. To have a conversation with Dovesight, if nothing else. Maybe to get a chance to go to Highstones again. To make sure that RiverClan would pull through the difficult time that had caused them to be without a full medicine cat for so long. And so it was that the gray and white she-cat walked into the medicine den with her normally neutral face, eyes scanning around for the cat in question. "Dovesight, may I speak with you?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2194

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySun 31 Jul 2022 - 15:16

Dovesight had just sent Yarrowpaw off with another ointment for his leg, and was now cleaning up. She was, thankfully, far from as clueless as she had been when she first started. While her paws were not as skilled as others might have been, she knew the names and purposes of herbs well enough. She was finally able to serve her Clan, and a smile had befallen her face.

Until Perchstar walked in. Dovesight jumped at the sound of the leader's voice, turning to face the stoic she cat. She knew better than to hope for this to be a casual visit, and she found herself worried.

"Y-yes, yes, um, come in. Is, uh, is everything alright?" Her brows furrowed, paws kneading the ground. She could only hope the situation was not too dire.

Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySun 31 Jul 2022 - 18:41

Perchstar was not surprised at the anxious way in which Dovesight greeted her. To be fair, she probably wouldn't be so scared if the leader seemed more warm or welcoming... but that was not something the latter excelled at. She barely managed to show emotions to the cats she loved most. How was she supposed to act kind and friendly to every single Clanmate? It would seem too foreign, and likely scare them off more than her resting neutral face. She simply shook the thoughts off in favor of explaining further. "Dovesight, Poppyshine and I both agree that you have been doing exceptionally well. You've learned the necessary herbs, and managed to keep a cool head under pressure when necessary. Even without direct guidance from a mentor, you have served your Clan. If you are ready, Dovesight, I would like to take you to the Moonstone so that you can become a full medicine cat."

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySun 31 Jul 2022 - 18:54

"O-oh. Oh! Yes, that would be, uh, that would be great! Um, oh stars I was not prepared for this, um. Let me get the travel herbs!"

The silver rosetted she-cat rushed back into her herb store, gathering up the necessary herbs. Burnet, daisy leaves, and sorrel, eating some and building the others into a rushed bundle for Perchstar. She dropped it at the leader's paws, dipping her head awkwardly.

"Right, um, they're a tad bitter, just a warning. Oh stars, what am I saying, you've made this journey before you know what they taste like. I-I'm sorry Perchstar, stars you just talked about how I kept a cool head and now I am being a mess. I, um, this came a bit, uh, unexpected, I guess? Just, um, let me get my thoughts in order and then we can go?"

Part of her had to wonder where Poppyshine was now. It was so much easier to talk to her friend. She didn't feel as intimidated, or as though she had to prove herself. She would have thought she would be traveling to the moonstone with her, not Perchstar. But she couldn't outright say that. She just had to hope she wouldn't make the leader regret this.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptySun 31 Jul 2022 - 19:08

Perchstar simply sat there as Dovesight bustled around the medicine den, grabbing bits of herbs that she recognized as the traveling herbs. That, if nothing else, proved that the younger she-cat knew what she was doing. However, the nervous rambling also proved that Dovesight had changed very little. That was okay. She'd been good enough to become a warrior; she was good enough to become a medicine cat. She simply needed to believe in herself more. Rich coming from you, Perchstar. Didn't you spend your entire deputyship doubting yourself and wallowing in your own self-loathing? Dovesight certainly had a lot more in common with the leader than she likely thought.

Perchstar brought her attention back to the present. Dovesight still seemed really anxious... maybe it would help if she said something? Stars, I'm awful at this. I should have sent Poppyshine. But the deputy was so busy, and now had to be a mother along with her responsibilities. She couldn't shove everything that involved interacting with cats onto her-- admittedly capable-- deputy's shoulders. "I know it's easier said than done, but try to put your mind at ease. Poppyshine and I are both very capable, and good at judging the potential of other cats. You have done well, and will continue to do so. We trust you." The leader bent down and ate the herbs quickly, her face calm and neutral despite the bitter taste. Then she raised her head, level ice-blue eyes meeting the medicine cat's panicking gaze. "You are allowed to feel doubt, and fear, and anxiety," she said quietly. "Those feelings are natural. I often... deal with them, myself. However, sometimes you just need to continue onwards, and trust that those around you will tell you when a mistake is made. That is what I have done, and it has worked for me. I will be here if you ever need assistance, Dovesight. Though I am no medicine cat myself." Feeling slightly embarrassed about the sudden turn for the sentimental her words had accidentally taken, Perchstar turned her face back towards the exit of the den. "Lead the way whenever you are ready."

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 1 Aug 2022 - 14:45

Dovesight let out a deep breath, closing her eyes for a moment before looking up to Perchstar a soft smile on her face. "I-I honestly never knew you could be so soft and kind like that. I think Poppyshine is wearing off on you a little bit. I like it."

She chuckled, moving to the entrance of the den. It was true. Dovesight always saw her leader as the strict and scary cat. This was a side of her she had never seen. A more comforting side.

"I'm ready now."

Although Perchstar likely already knew her way to the moonstone, Dovesight still found herself taking the lead, before remembering who was with her and falling in step beside the leader. She was so used to leading apprentices who had never gone to the moonstone before, her paws instinctively felt she had to take charge. But all the same, they were able to make it, and Dovesight led the way through the tunnel. From this point on, though, was foreign ground. They were here for her, not for an apprentice she was guiding. So she had to wait for Perchstar's instruction.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 1 Aug 2022 - 15:18

Perchstar wasn't sure whether she should be offended or complimented by the comparison to Poppyshine. Her deputy was much better than her at interpersonal relationships, it was true... but it was not as if the leader was heartless. She was simply bad at conveying her feelings to others. Was that how it always had to be? Perchstar was the calm authority, and Poppyshine was friend to all? I'm trying my best. I just... don't know how. If "close to Poppyshine" was the best she could do, then she supposed she would deal with that. Her neutral expression tightened slightly as she walked behind the medicine cat, not saying another word.

--

Finally they reached the Moonstone. It was a long journey in relative silence. The last time I came here with a medicine cat.... Perchstar allowed herself a brief moment of wistfulness for remembering Cloverheart. The sassy, no-nonsense medicine cat had carried RiverClan through the Dark Forest's reign and back, only to be savagely murdered in a fish-brained argument with Dawnhawk's sister. If not for the reassuring words that the cream and russet she-cat had given her, on her journey to gain her nine lives and become Perchstar, well... she may have run for the hills and never looked back. It was a thought she didn't want to dwell on. I miss you, Cloverheart. I hope you are doing well. She closed her eyes momentarily... then opened them. No sense dwelling on the past. Here, and now, she was appointing Dovesight to her full position as a medicine cat. This was not something she had ever done before, and hopefully not something that she would have to do again; but it was something that needed to be done.

Instinctively her paws followed Dovesight's until they were in the chamber. As before, unchanged, the Moonstone glimmered. Soft light bounced off of the crystal, illuminating the walls of the cave. "This is my first time doing such a ceremony," Perchstar admitted, her voice hushed in the echoing cavern, "but I do know the words themselves. After my part concludes, touch your nose to the stone and dream with StarClan. They will do the rest."

The gray and white she-cat sat down on the cool stone floor. She gazed into the sparkling crystal for a moment, then turned to Dovesight. "I, Perchstar, leader of RiverClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help, she will serve her Clan for many moons. Dovesight, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between Clan and Clan, and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?" The words echoed in the small room, similarly to how they were nearly an echo of the warrior ceremony that Dovesight had vowed some moons ago. Yet, it was different. She would not be defending her Clan with her claws, but with her herbs... and if necessary, she would help other Clans, as well. This was to be her duty. Would it suit her better than that of a warrior?

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 1 Aug 2022 - 15:42

The very last line of the oath. To take care of her Clan at the cost of her own life. That was a promise she had made once before. She wasn't ready to truly accept that promise back then. She had been so scared of the thought of fighting, of putting her life on the line in that way. That was part of the reason she was here now. The life of a warrior was never meant for her.

Where last time she had been unsure, now she was confident, one of the few times she was. If anything, she knew she belonged here, healing other cats, bringing about new life. It was what she was made for. She had never been so sure of anything in her life.

"I do."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 1 Aug 2022 - 15:55

It was a far contrast from Dovesight's earlier ceremony. Instead of quaking anxiously, there was a surety to her voice as she agreed to the promise. Perchstar nodded, feeling a tad more respect for the medicine cat. "Then by the powers of StarClan, I name you a full medicine cat. Dovesight, the stars honor your devotion and kindness, and RiverClan will welcome your service." She wasn't quite sure if those were all the words... but if she did anything wrong, hopefully StarClan would correct it. The leader gestured towards the Moonstone with a flick of her tail, indicating that Dovesight should do as previously discussed and dream with the stars to complete her ceremony.

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyMon 1 Aug 2022 - 16:20

Dovesight nodded, moving to press her nose to the moonstone, her heart beating rapidly. So this was really it, huh? She just had to wait for whatever StarClan had to say to her.

A small tom, brown with a pattern similar to her own, stepped out into the open. He had a bit of a goofy grin, the stars seeming to dance on his coat.

"Hiya! I'm Bumblepaw! I'm Pineheart's brother, and I'm gonna be hanging around with you from now on! Figured you would want a bit of a constant face round here. Anyway, congratulations! You made it full-time! Gosh, some of these cats wouldn't shut up about it. You got a few fans up in here, you know. Don't go disappointing us."

The "us" made it sound as though this apprentice, Bumblepaw, was also a part of this fan club, and Dovesight chuckled. "I won't. I promise, I will do everything I can for my Clan until the day my paws fall off. I- thank you, for accepting me, by the way. I didn't realize how much I would love being a medicine cat. How much I sort of needed this role. It's taught me a lot. And I feel like I am actually able to do something for my Clan. You have no idea how much this means to me."

Bumblepaw's grin only seemed to widen at these words. "The path of a medicine cat isn't for everyone, Dovesight. But neither is the path of a warrior. You were one of the lucky ones who were able to make the choice. To say this is what you wanted to do. But even for the cats who don't have that choice, in the end, they always realize it is where they belong. And this is where you belong Dovesight. Though, I'm sure you know that by now. Good luck down there. I know you will do great things."

After those final words were said, the tom faded, and Dovesight found herself back in the cave, perhaps the widest grin ever plastered on her face.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Dovesight's Medicine Cat Ceremony
Page 1 of 1