Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Secrets from the Omnipotent

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2858

Secrets from the Omnipotent Empty
PostSubject: Secrets from the Omnipotent   Secrets from the Omnipotent EmptyMon Jul 25, 2022 10:56 pm

Batsong sat in her den her tail tip flicking from side to side.  The vision and prophecy she had received playing over and over in her head...

“The sun scorched marshes of yesterday make way for fresh greenleaf tears, flooding the foundation upon which they were created.”
And a vision of the sun shines harshly, scorching everything below it. There are pawsteps stamped into the dry and cracking marsh. Water seems to rise from these prints.

The scorch and marsh was very clear to her... She had no doubt now that it was indeed about her good lifelong friend Scorchtalon.  Batsong and Scorchtalon had always been very close, played as kits even.  When she had a secret romance with Slightfrost (skyclan) she had told him before anyone else and he had helped her out the whole time (that happened back when she was a warrior not a mca or mc).  She had so much respect for him and at the same time such a good friendship that she did not want to risk losing.

When she had first become med cat apprentice... he had told her that he was beginning to see a certain shadowclan cat... Batsong had promised to tell no one and had kept that promise... But now starclan had given her a direct prophecy about it and it sounded... ominous at best.

What the cracking pawstep filling with water was anyone's guess but it didn't look good.

She paced anxiously One side of her felt that as the med cat it was her duty and job to tell Shrikestar and Smallbean.  The other side... couldn't justify betraying Scorchtalon's trust like that.

Sitting she covered her face with her tail clearly distressed.  She knew what it was like... to be so in love with something that was "forbidden" she scowled a little rolling her eyes.  Love was love and Scorchtalon was happy with this shadowclan cat... or at least... she thought he was.  She hadn't exactly kept tabs on the relation or pry into it since it was on the hush hush.

It almost seemed predictable... Just when she was getting used to being the med cat and really learning her herbs and getting comfortable with the role starclan threw this in her lap.  Sighing she couldn't believe that she always had the worst of luck it seemed.  She had lost so many close to her and now she had to choose between her promise and her friendship  and between her job and doing what was right for the clan.

It could be dangerous for windclan... the rising water out of the paw... could it be a bad omen of what was to come if she did nothing?  Perhaps it already was underway and was her punishment for keeping the secret?  

But now that there was a prophecy and strarclan intervention wasn't it her duty and job to warn her leader and deputy with as much time as possible so they could react?

The shy reserved she cat felt like she was in a pressure cooker and that she needed someone to vent too... even she needed someone to talk to right now with all this on her mind.

Pacing one last time her frustration growing she stalked out of her med den and out into the cloudy camp.  The weather had been cloudy for quite some time now come to think of it but she paid it no mind currently.

She spotted another lifelong friend and taking a deep breath went up to them.

"whisperear?" she said in a hushed voice even more quiet than her usual... No one else must hear what she was going to tell them

"follow me... there are q-questions... qu-questions that need answering"  

( Secrets from the Omnipotent 1f609 on the not so subtle reference there)

she flicked her tail and exited the camp until they were out of anyone's earshot.

Sitting before her good friend and cat who she had cared for all her life in an adoptive motherly sense she paused a little before beginning.

Her entire body language screamed the pressure and nerves she was feeling of the weight of her decision

"W-whisper? ... I am in ... a d-difficult spot right now.  Caught between two choices and neither of them looks so g-great"

she explained to them slowly looking at them carefully.

"I h-had a vv-v...vision from Starclan...

The sun scorched marshes of yesterday make way for fresh greenleaf tears, flooding the foundation upon which they were created.”
And a vision of the sun shines harshly, scorching everything below it. There are pawsteps stamped into the dry and cracking marsh. Water seems to rise from these prints"

She actually did not stutter on the starclan part since it had played over and over in her head so much it was practically rehearsed.

She sighed looking at her good friend.  "and ... I kn-know what it means... or at l-least partially" she said looking to her paws.

"a l-little while ago... Scorchtalon told me that he ... is um mm uhh ermm... her voice cut off the stutter pretty bad from having to share this

"he ermm ... is ... g-gotten rather cl-close to a shadowclan cat" she meowed glancing at Whisper wondering if they caught the drift....

hmm best make it clear

"hmm errmm cl-close as in the ... adult ki-kind?" she added on. Feeling very awkward and blushing a little she rushed to continue onwards from that

"ermm well so he... k-kinda told me be-before I even got th-this prophecy and I p-promised not to t-tell anyone... b-but that p-promise was b-before I go-got this and n-now I dont know if I sh-should tell shrikestar and sm-smallbean or... or if st-starclan is g-gonna be mm..m-ad at me f-for not d-d..d..d-doing th-t.that a..fdad... earlier.."  her speech was getting worse as she started hyperventilating over it.

She hid her face behind her tail and laid her head down in her paws not wanting Whisperear to see her start crying but it was probably already too late for that.  This wasnt fair.  She wasnt normally like this she had always managed to stay somewhat logical and not just break down like this... what was she doing? she thought angerly to herself.

Sobbing and choking through the tears she whisped "I ... d-dont k-now w-what to do... If I d-do my job and tell S-shrikestar ill hurt Scorchtalon... b-but if I do n-nothing? I-m ... maybe endangering the whole c-clan that Im s-supposted to p-protect

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: Secrets from the Omnipotent   Secrets from the Omnipotent EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 12:23 am

Whisperpaw

Whisperear had not expected so much to be told to them all at once when Batsong said that she had some questions. They listened as best they could, having been used to being Batsong’s council, but admittedly they found themselves being shaken by everything Batsong was telling them.

Batsong had a foreboding prophecy. Scorchtalon was involved with a ShadowClan cat. Batsong had already known that Scorchtalon was involved. There was danger lurking behind this relationship.

Whisperear swallowed thickly and shifted forward to nuzzle against Batsong’s chest when her nervous stammering started acting up. They wanted to provide more comfort, but their mind was still reeling. It took them a couple minutes to finally pull back and find their words.

You…need to tell Shrikestar, Whisperear finally mewed. It would be better if you get Scorchtalon to tell Shrikestar, either alone or with you. Shrikestar will be angry, but…but if this can be a danger to the clan, then it is important that it doesn’t stay a secret. StarClan wouldn’t have told you if it wasn’t something that was dangerous. Their mind drifted back to Maplespring who had been cast out by Shrikestar because of her relationship with a RiverClan cat…Whisperear closed their eyes tightly. They told themselves that it was different—Maplespring was going to have kits. She’d broken the code far more than Scorchtalon might have. If he was only a little involved with this ShadowClan cat, perhaps Shrikestar would only forbid him from seeing her again.

Scorchtalon will get in trouble, but it is better for him and the clan, Whisperear continued softly. I can’t admit that I necessarily understand getting involved in another clan. That even made them wince. They had been told briefly once before that Batsong had been involved with someone outside the clan, though they’d never asked further about it. But I’m sure Shrikestar will have some mercy. This is for the clan, Batsong. The good of the clan trumps individual cats. If Scorchtalon really thinks that he’d be happier with this cat, then he can choose to leave—but he can’t stay if it will cause disaster for WindClan.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2858

PostSubject: Re: Secrets from the Omnipotent   Secrets from the Omnipotent EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 12:27 am

Batsong closed her eyes as whisperear spoke and stayed quiet for the whole time of it. They were right... and she knew it too . But having to turn Scorchtalon over like this made her sick. Still... like Whisperear said, there was not really another way. Sighing she nodded slowly and rose. T-th...thank you w-whisperear" she meowed quietly her heart breaking over what she knew she now had to do... She had to tell her leader that scorchtalon was code breaking... and she had to tell him that she had known all along. She wished that starclan never gave her this prophecy... if only.

She briefly touched her tail to whisperear's back. "it w-will be okay" she meowed not sure if she was trying to convince them or herself.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secrets from the Omnipotent   Secrets from the Omnipotent Empty

Back to top Go down

Secrets from the Omnipotent
Page 1 of 1